Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah nobody knows where mystic came from it just popped out of the ether in the late 90's and for some reason stuck around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blockhouse posted:

yeah nobody knows where mystic came from it just popped out of the ether in the late 90's and for some reason stuck around

I saw it on a few magazine ads selling old DBZ figures and other Japanese crap back in the 90's. They also called Gotenks every "Go" name but Gotenks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Good old Gotrunks.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope getting everyone ready for the tournament is just going to be everyone having Grand Kai do his creepy old man dance around them until they're all Mystic.

Mystic Roshi. Mystic 18. Mystic Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken X Infinity Vegito

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wasn't the sword Old Kai came from called the mystic sword? That's where I remember the name coming from. I don't really associate power unlocked Gohan with a form either.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

RBX posted:

Wasn't the sword Old Kai came from called the mystic sword? That's where I remember the name coming from. I don't really associate power unlocked Gohan with a form either.

Z-Sword

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Was it being the Z-Sword a dub thing or what it's actually called?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

Was it being the Z-Sword a dub thing or what it's actually called?

"Zet Sword" yes. Basically the same thing, same way you've got MAZINGER ZETTO

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope getting everyone ready for the tournament is just going to be everyone having Grand Kai do his creepy old man dance around them until they're all Mystic.

Mystic Roshi. Mystic 18. Mystic Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken X Infinity Vegito

Get the elder Namekian to unlock the Grand Kais potential unlocking full potential first, before he unlocks the potential of everyone else. Then use the Dragonballs to wish for everyone to be immortal.

They have to pull out all the stops for this tournament!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Gohan just needs to find a commensurately older man to touch him again and unlock his truest, realest, ultimate power.

I'm sure wis is pretty old and can be bribed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gohan on whis is mighty risky,

but Gohan on Beerus is a beer engineer.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

It's a shame Beerus's brains and sexual organs are made out of m-80s.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
:yikes:

So who's gonna be the one to kill Zen-chan? Logic says it's Gohan, who is the actual shonen protagonist with a Heart Of Justice, but understanding of DBZ says it's gonna be SSJGSSJ Vegito, who double-fuses with either Beerus or Hit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
No one is killing the dude that obliterates an entire universe in the blink of an eye. We can bet on whoever is gonna beat Toppo or even WhisDad if he goes full evil, but I think this time they set up the Literal God as untouchable.

Alternatively, Zen kills Zen.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

deadly_pudding posted:

:yikes:

So who's gonna be the one to kill Zen-chan? Logic says it's Gohan, who is the actual shonen protagonist with a Heart Of Justice, but understanding of DBZ says it's gonna be SSJGSSJ Vegito, who double-fuses with either Beerus or Hit.

I don't think Zeno had any actual fightman power, so Yamcha

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku no, don't fight him, he's too powerful for you.

You can't win, Goku.

He's the strongest ever.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
As I understand it murdering God is a fine anime tradition, and this one really, really deserves it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

You can't win, Goku.

He's the strongest ever.

I'm pretty sure Goku has sexual dreams about being able to punch Zeno.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Slightly Absurd posted:

It's a shame Beerus's brains and sexual organs are made out of m-80s.

Shinjobi posted:

Gohan on whis is mighty risky,

but Gohan on Beerus is a beer engineer.

Goku: Look, marriage is about hiding in the kudzu behind your apartment, and not going in until the lights are completely out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

sassassin posted:

You can't win, Goku.

He's the strongest ever.

I mean, that does appear to actually be the message of Super so far. Except for Frieza, who won via cheap shot, all the other major arc villains Goku has simply not been able to defeat.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, that does appear to actually be the message of Super so far. Except for Frieza, who won via cheap shot, all the other major arc villains Goku has simply not been able to defeat.

That's why he's having to pretend to be retarded. Everything is proceeding as planned.

Forcing the GoDs and Kais to pull out all the stops preparing their universes best fighters (because their lives are on the line now too) is an important step in cooking up the superest spirit ball SWORD imaginable.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

That's why he's having to pretend to be retarded. Everything is proceeding as planned.

Forcing the GoDs and Kais to pull out all the stops preparing their universes best fighters (because their lives are on the line now too) is an important step in cooking up the superest spirit ball SWORD imaginable.

I will lol very hard if Goku has been pulling some Emperor Claudius poo poo for all of Dragonball Super. Ever since he met Beerus (and got his rear end beat) he has been playing retarded, to scope out the power of his new opponents and find their weakness. He just waiting for the perfect time to strike. The Battle of Gods never ended in Gokus mind, he has been fighting Beerus this entire time.

Its really just long term battle strategy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rutibex posted:

I will lol very hard if Goku has been pulling some Emperor Claudius poo poo for all of Dragonball Super. Ever since he met Beerus (and got his rear end beat) he has been playing retarded, to scope out the power of his new opponents and find their weakness. He just waiting for the perfect time to strike. The Battle of Gods never ended in Gokus mind, he has been fighting Beerus this entire time.

I never knew how much I wanted this. :stare:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Isn't that what Beerus thinks he's doing?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

The problem with this is Goku realised Beerus is just a small cog a long time ago. He and Beerus are allies in the fight against the Evil child who wants to destroy them.

Are the GoDs really going to stand aside and let their universe's ningen fighters determine whether they live or die? Roshi is a decoy pick. It's Beerus in another costume.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

The problem with this is Goku realised Beerus is just a small cog a long time ago. He and Beerus are allies in the fight against the Evil child who wants to destroy them.

Are the GoDs really going to stand aside and let their universe's ningen fighters determine whether they live or die? Roshi is a decoy pick. It's Beerus in another costume.

Well yeah, obviously once Goku realized the true scope of the problem he had to double down on his ruse. Of course, the second Goku finds out about Zeno he asks about how strong he is, and scopes out the Grand Priests power level first chance he gets.

Goku plans to fight God.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Goku is stronger than hit now

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

Goku plans to fight God.

If you said this when watching original Dragonball everyone would have nodded along and said "yeah, obviously" but now it's somehow incomprehensible to some that Goku will fight Zeno and save mortal lives unnumbered (plus some fruit-people).

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

If you said this when watching original Dragonball everyone would have nodded along and said "yeah, obviously" but now it's somehow incomprehensible to some that Goku will fight Zeno and save mortal lives unnumbered (plus some fruit-people).

I am waiting for Bulmas reaction, once they tell her about Zenos plan. There is no way she will take this one sitting on the side line.

She was ready to make war on Beerus when he just joked about using the Super Dragonballs to erase the universe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I am waiting for Bulmas reaction, once they tell her about Zenos plan. There is no way she will take this one sitting on the side line.

She was ready to make war on Beerus when he just joked about using the Super Dragonballs to erase the universe.

Turns out she upgrades Android 18 and 17.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Really starting to feel a difference in Super's writing style to the original Dragon Ball / Z arcs, Toriyama would never have come up with a scenario this ambiguous or pessimistic. Even if Goku's not planning to murk Zeno, the implicit cosmic horror of universal oblivion being dealt out on the whims of derpy God-Joffrey feels really weird coming from a series famed for its uncomplicated shitheel villains.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

multijoe posted:

Really starting to feel a difference in Super's writing style to the original Dragon Ball / Z arcs, Toriyama would never have come up with a scenario this ambiguous or pessimistic. Even if Goku's not planning to murk Zeno, the implicit cosmic horror of universal oblivion being dealt out on the whims of derpy God-Joffrey feels really weird coming from a series famed for its uncomplicated shitheel villains.

I don't know, I think Super isn't that far off. Like just to point out: Dragonball Z opens with what was basically the Red Wedding of Dragonball. We go from "bad things happen" to Goku being killed followed by a single villain slaughtering almost the entire cast of Dragonball up to that point. We're used to it now but just imagine going from Goku's exciting final fight to 3/4ths of the cast dying horribly and uselessly in a fight against an overwhelming monster.

That's putting aside stuff like Frieza and his men literally genociding an entire species or Cell drinking a city or Majin Buu's unnerving body horror. That stuff gets undone but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

multijoe posted:

Really starting to feel a difference in Super's writing style to the original Dragon Ball / Z arcs, Toriyama would never have come up with a scenario this ambiguous or pessimistic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbjoT7o--o&t=146s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-twWRocAOI&t=166s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dROKCYJS8&t=37s

Jedah fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 28, 2017

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know, I think Super isn't that far off. Like just to point out: Dragonball Z opens with what was basically the Red Wedding of Dragonball. We go from "bad things happen" to Goku being killed followed by a single villain slaughtering almost the entire cast of Dragonball up to that point. We're used to it now but just imagine going from Goku's exciting final fight to 3/4ths of the cast dying horribly and uselessly in a fight against an overwhelming monster.

That's putting aside stuff like Frieza and his men literally genociding an entire species or Cell drinking a city or Majin Buu's unnerving body horror. That stuff gets undone but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Pre-Super death didn't mean alot (well, aside form the end of the Buu saga) as there was an afterlife we saw the protagonists goofing around and training and they had the Dragon Balls as the ultimate get-out-of-jail free card. Considering Trunk's timeline never got a look in despite the existence Super Dragon Balls it seems pretty fair to say anything Zeno erases isn't coming back and the stakes are genuine, irreversible oblivion.

How much of that stuck?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

multijoe posted:

Pre-Super death didn't mean alot (well, aside form the end of the Buu saga) as there was an afterlife we saw the protagonists goofing around and training and they had the Dragon Balls as the ultimate get-out-of-jail free card. Considering Trunk's timeline never got a look in despite the existence Super Dragon Balls it seems pretty fair to say anything Zeno erases isn't coming back and the stakes are genuine, irreversible oblivion.

Death absolutely did mean things beforehand. Yes, the afterlife existed, but that didn't mean that it was meaningless. Death was a big thing in Dragonball where getting the dragonballs was a genuine real effort and the Dragonballs were rendered inert multiple times thorughout the entirety of Z. Likewise dying used to have way more significant rules ("You can't come back if you've already been wished back") that eventually got overwritten. At the time those things had consequences even if they eventually were nullified or lessened. Piccolo's death was a big-rear end thing because it meant Kami and the Dragonballs went with him.

The difference is that we're watching Dragonball as it unfolds and so the consequences seem realer because we haven't seen how they will be undone yet.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 28, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vegeta was in danger of super dying forever against buu when he was dead

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the SDBs will probably be used to fix the erased universes because otherwise Champa, Hit, etc would be gone and they're not going to do that

the reason they weren't used to fix Trunk's timeline is because gathering them (or hell, using them) is basically impossible for non-divine figures (that and it would might bring back Zamasu)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I never knew how much I wanted this. :stare:

You people growing up on American dubbed Dragon ball are just broken, huh?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
On that same note, is getting your planet destroyed by Beerus the same as his Destruction move where it just deletes you from existence? And can only the Super Dragon Balls only revert that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

goku will defeat god only for ken-oh to show up and kick his rear end

everything's connected

• Locked thread