Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Killsion posted:

How does House Fame work? My first char got 250k, but after making several chars and leveling them too I still only get 250k?

Hit "P" and mouseover the house fame icon and the ones to the right of it, it breaks down how it is paid out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Killsion posted:

How does House Fame work? My first char got 250k, but after making several chars and leveling them too I still only get 250k?

Pushing 1 or 2 chars up to 56 really helps getting higher fame points, as they get doubled.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
This game is pretty hard to start out. It's super complicated.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

skystream92 posted:

This game is pretty hard to start out. It's super complicated.

That's part of what makes it interesting, there's poo poo to figure out and it doesn't hand hold your way through every thing.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"
It's definitely part of why I'm still playing. There is a ton to learn and explore. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So what is there to do once you hit the cap? Just PVP and constantly make more cash?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Archonex posted:

So what is there to do once you hit the cap? Just PVP and constantly make more cash?

What cap?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

fletcher posted:

What cap?

I mean, there has to be a point where gear evens out and you can't keep gaining stats/items/whatever. Typically games choose to opt into adding in some sort of exclusive content for later tiers of play at that point. Even in sandbox games like EVE or semi-structured games like old school SWG there's usually a softcap somewhere that leads to this. So...What do you do at that point?

The thought occurred to me today as I was running through one of the towns. Looking around online and checking the original post of the thread I didn't see much indication of the available content at that point. Though maybe it's just old.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 24, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well once you get to around 500+ combined gear score and level 60, you make money, you do pvp, you do whatever you want really. At that point you spend billions for small gains. Though Kamasylva or whatever is coming soon and with each new higher level area, that cap gets raised up.

J
Jun 10, 2001

This game is different from a lot of MMOs. There is no level cap that you eventually reach that unlocks a whole bunch of quest/dungeon/raid content. Yeah you have higher level enemies, so you do need levels and gear to fight those, but all the other systems and content in the game aren't level gated. You can do all of the professions, crafting, fishing, etc pretty much right off the bat. If you just want to explore you can go anywhere in the game at level 1 if you wanted to. Gearing up is more an issue of having silver to buy stuff and enhance it, and in the case of boss gear, dumb luck in getting it in the first place.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
It's probably not worth worrying about what would happen if you hit the end of gear progression and stuff because you basically need to poopsock and get lucky to be doing poo poo like all pens with tet accessories. Even when you hit that point, you can just start saving up for silly stuff and/or gearing up your alts.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

J posted:

This game is different from a lot of MMOs. There is no level cap that you eventually reach that unlocks a whole bunch of quest/dungeon/raid content. Yeah you have higher level enemies, so you do need levels and gear to fight those, but all the other systems and content in the game aren't level gated. You can do all of the professions, crafting, fishing, etc pretty much right off the bat. If you just want to explore you can go anywhere in the game at level 1 if you wanted to. Gearing up is more an issue of having silver to buy stuff and enhance it, and in the case of boss gear, dumb luck in getting it in the first place.

Uh, so wait. So those level 60 areas won't wreck me? Because exploring the world is extremely my poo poo.

Also, this is the first MMO where i've enjoyed the combat. The Blader/Musa class is badass as gently caress, and if FFXIV's samurai class was half as awesome as the combat in this i'd probably permanent subscribe to it. I just rampaged through this camp of rebels like something out of a mix between an old samurai film and some heroic epic and holy gently caress I must have killed like 100 soldiers. For a bit there it felt like I was playing dynasty warriors.

There were even some times when they all coordinated and ganged up on me, putting me on the backfoot. Which turned it from a generically boring rampage to requiring some tactics.

Regardless, i'm at the end of my seven day trial and i'm definitely picking this up if only for how insane the combat can get.

Edit: The combat can be cinematic as heck too, despite being an action oriented system. I just finished off a violent/elite soldier in a duel and holy gently caress that was awesome. We ended up breaking apart from our (rather brutal) melee and sprinting at each other with slivers of health left. He swung too soon and went past me as I stopped, planting one foot in the ground, and basically swung my sword in such a way that it should have bisected him. Got a poo poo ton of loot out of it too. :black101:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 25, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Archonex posted:

Uh, so wait. So those level 60 areas won't wreck me? Because exploring the world is extremely my poo poo.

Also, this is the first MMO where i've enjoyed the combat. The Blader/Musa class is badass as gently caress, and if FFXIV's samurai class was half as awesome as the combat in this i'd probably permanent subscribe to it. I just rampaged through this camp of rebels like something out of a mix between an old samurai film and some heroic epic and holy gently caress I must have killed like 100 soldiers. For a bit there it felt like I was playing dynasty warriors.

There were even some times when they all coordinated and ganged up on me, putting me on the backfoot. Which turned it from a generically boring rampage to requiring some tactics.

Regardless, i'm at the end of my seven day trial and i'm definitely picking this up if only for how insane the combat can get.

Edit: The combat can be cinematic as heck too, despite being an action oriented system. I just finished off a violent/elite soldier in a duel and holy gently caress that was awesome. We ended up breaking apart from our (rather brutal) melee and sprinting at each other with slivers of health left. He swung too soon and went past me as I stopped, planting one foot in the ground, and basically swung my sword in such a way that it should have bisected him. Got a poo poo ton of loot out of it too. :black101:

Oh they'll still wreck you, what he is saying is that you can equip "Level 60" armor at Level 1, and be able to move around those areas just fine.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Oh you'll get killed if you stop and try to fight anything way above your level, but if you just keep running past enemies you won't get hit much and can do a lot of sight seeing.

ya got moxie kid!
Apr 22, 2006
what

Archonex posted:

They will if you try to fight anything, but it's easy enough to just run past the mobs. It's also a very effective way to get nodes that yield expensive materials to throw up on the market place.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So how necessary are the packages you can get now that the game has been out for awhile? Buying into the game for 9.99 is fine for me, but if there's something vital in the two other packages that are on sale then I figured I should ask now.

Also, holy poo poo I have a ton of cash in this game. Just seven days playing and I have like 20-30 million silver. Enough to buy a full set of a cash shop item.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"
The value packs are nice.
30 days each. Inventory and storage +16 slots. 10% combat/skill/life/horse xp gains. 30% bonus on marketplace sales and more.

And you get a pet that loots for you.

I feel I got my money's worth for sure.

And it is nearly impossible to buy value packs off the marketplace since it is random who gets the chance to buy it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Archonex posted:

So how necessary are the packages you can get now that the game has been out for awhile? Buying into the game for 9.99 is fine for me, but if there's something vital in the two other packages that are on sale then I figured I should ask now.

Also, holy poo poo I have a ton of cash in this game. Just seven days playing and I have like 20-30 million silver. Enough to buy a full set of a cash shop item.

Are you on a trial right now? If so, there is a deal where someone can gift you the $10 version and they either $10 in cash shop money or a $10 pet once you reach level 30. That said, the $50 pack is $25 right now and it's a ridiculous bargain considering you get a pet ($10), 2 value packs ($30), and a horse flute. The first two being things you would almost have to get anyways, and the horse flute a big quality of life thing. And there's a bunch of other stuff too.

If you decide you just want the $10 version, let me know since I was going to get pearls for the upcoming Dark Knight launch anyways, and unless someone really wants the polar bear pet, it would end up with you getting it for free.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Are you on a trial right now? If so, there is a deal where someone can gift you the $10 version and they either $10 in cash shop money or a $10 pet once you reach level 30. That said, the $50 pack is $25 right now and it's a ridiculous bargain considering you get a pet ($10), 2 value packs ($30), and a horse flute. The first two being things you would almost have to get anyways, and the horse flute a big quality of life thing. And there's a bunch of other stuff too.

If you decide you just want the $10 version, let me know since I was going to get pearls for the upcoming Dark Knight launch anyways, and unless someone really wants the polar bear pet, it would end up with you getting it for free.

I might see if I can grab the $50 pack since it's half off. Though if not i'll shoot you a PM.

Also, one last question. Which pet is typically the best? I'm assuming it's the auto/area loot pets? Because holy poo poo with the lack of an area loot feature and all the mobs this games throws at you that seems vital.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 25, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Archonex posted:

Also, one last question. Which pet is typically the best? I'm assuming it's the auto/area loot pets? Because holy poo poo with the lack of an area loot feature and all the mobs this games throws at you that seems vital.

All of them auto loot, so any pet is good. I stay away from the ones that taunt, but if i could only have one I would probably go with the cat since it's special feature finds resource nodes. Penguins will come up every now and then in login rewards.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
PEN Kzarka Blade on the MP for 4.1bil. IMO, that's quite a steal.

I've liquidated some investments and I'm sitting at around at around 800mil.
If I AFK fish for 6 mil a day, 7 days a week, I only need to save up for another 1.5 years and I can buy a PEN Kzarka.
However, if I continue to make smart investments, I could cut it down to just 1 year to have one! :toot: :toot:

At this rate, I just need to AFK fish for 10 years for 24/7 and I will have AFK'ed my way to victory. :smug:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So i bought the starter package a couple of days before the game went on sale and i have been talking to support for a bunch of back and forth e-mails now asking of i can get a discount towards buying the Explorer Package instead, since i would have bought the Explorer Package had it been on sale when i bought the game.
After having gotten my request denied twice now for "Request for refund denied, user has logged into the game", despite me not asking for a refund and specifically stating i am not asking for a refund i wonder if they understand english and/or read the emails at all. Sigh

If i buy the Explorer Package despite already having the game, can i apply it to my existing account or do i need to add it to a new account?

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
So after reading about a lvl 10 negative karma alt for getting failstacks, I think I am missing something. Made a new guy, made sure not to be on a bonus xp server, and just followed the questline. Stopped when I hit level 10, just killing the minimum required mobs. I'm pretty sure I need to go as far as killing red nose on the beach in order to enchant items, but I wind up hitting level 11 as soon as I do the turn in at the western guard post. Is there no way to do this?

J
Jun 10, 2001

You actually want a character under level 10 so that when you die you can revive instantly on the spot. Not sure if you can still revive instantly at level 10. Then go kill a wild horse to get negative karma, any negative value will do. You don't have to have enhancing even unlocked on this character, technically. Dying will still have a chance at downranking equipped gear. But if you do want to unlock enhancing, it is done via the quest at western guard camp where you talk to jarette and get sent to the ancient stone chamber.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Oh I see, I get the failstacks on my main and just use the alt for de-leveling the gear. I knew I was missing something, thanks!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Oh my god the Black Mask cat looks adorable.

Anyways, I picked up the $50 package. Thanks again for the offer for the free copy of the game. Guessing the guild is still around? Or are goons just kind running solo or in small groups for now?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 27, 2017

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Both Goon guilds died for a bit. However, PNR is alive again but filled with filthy casuals who don't care too much about poopsocking to lvl 60.
We have Gathering 3 and a few combat points.
Primary activities are usually run scrolls later Fri night or if a few miss it, we aim for a make up day on Sun evening.
For the guild scrolls, we're too poorly geared to do Awakened variants without graveyard zerging but there's supposedly a better drop rate from the Awakened bosses so it's a tough situation.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah the awakened scrolls are no joke, I was in a group with a well geared 60 and they would smack him around too if he missed a dodge.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I think the awakened scrolls are more of a time saver rather than a better loot thing. If you don't have the gear to do them I wouldn't feel bad about doing the regular ones, they just take longer. I don't feel like I'm getting any better loot off the awakened scrolls, it seems comparable. Maybe the drop rate of the rare drops is better but it is still really tiny.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Am I able to just focus on my main, or is there a reason to create alts? I generally don't create a ton of alts when I play MMOs.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

skystream92 posted:

Am I able to just focus on my main, or is there a reason to create alts? I generally don't create a ton of alts when I play MMOs.

It's best to fill up your character slots for stuff like energy and the ability to have dudes positioned near markets when you're out doing other things, but you don't really have to invest much into the alts if you don't want to. You're largely going to be focused on gearing one character

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Argh, I hate this bidding system. I want to buy one of the dumb cash shop costume sets but the RNG hates me whenever one actually does go up.

Anyway, should I just rush my main character through the story and sidequests? I've only gotten to 20 or so on witch now, but haven't gotten much time to play.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I would do the black spirit quests at least on your first character, and grab the inventory expansion quests. Level in the Olvia channels for the 100% bonus, or any channel on the weekend. The bidding sucks, but it beats the sniping that used to happen. It's hard to get cash shop items because trying to p2w is extremely inefficient.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Uh so I don't remember how to play this but I thought I'd give it another go!

Edit: How would I go about getting a guild invite?

Bonapartisan fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 28, 2017

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Here's a link for the discord:
https://discord.gg/tXJYW48

Almost everyone can invite to the guild.
I try to make all Goons officers so we can all do GQs or invite.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Reminder to everyone to make a dark knight before DT tonight for free stuff.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Wait, free stuff? What free stuff?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Killsion posted:

Wait, free stuff? What free stuff?

10 mil gold, a loot box, and a 7 day horse whistle

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

PSA part 2: 1 Loyalty will get you a character expansion slot right now.
Character expansion slots are very important. More energy for getting those energy potions, night vendor, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

I would do the black spirit quests at least on your first character, and grab the inventory expansion quests. Level in the Olvia channels for the 100% bonus, or any channel on the weekend. The bidding sucks, but it beats the sniping that used to happen. It's hard to get cash shop items because trying to p2w is extremely inefficient.

Honestly outfits and monthly kits should be worth at least twice what they are right now. They get sniped instantly and having them be worth more would incentivize people to spend more money on them to put them on the market.