Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

El Burbo posted:

He's a cute boy and I'm ok with that

He's a girl (male)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Another review out, and it's from German gaming rag GamePro.

Some website posted:

The latest of the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild reviews comes in from a German outlet, GamePro which awarded the game a whopping 94/100 which is amazing considering the same outlet gave The Witcher 3 a 92/100.

This Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review score makes it the 2nd highest rated game from GamePro with the #1 title being Grand Theft Auto IV.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

PerrineClostermann posted:

He's a girl (male)

Now there's a meme I never expected to see here

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rexroom posted:

Another review out, and it's from German gaming rag GamePro.

oh boy, don't tell reddit that something beat out their precious witcher 3!

in all seriousness though, all these previews are encouraging. has there even been a negative one yet?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

El Burbo posted:

Now there's a meme I never expected to see here

Did you think my redtext was lying?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

axeil posted:

oh boy, don't tell reddit that something beat out their precious witcher 3!

in all seriousness though, all these previews are encouraging. has there even been a negative one yet?

Some guy on the comments section of a PlayStation-dedicated website says that game doesn't have enough shaders

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

El Burbo posted:

Twink Link

:swoon: He is very pretty..

Ahem anyway, here's someone loving around with the physics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXelBLFkfiI

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Shoehead posted:

Ahem anyway, here's someone loving around with the physics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXelBLFkfiI

got 25 seconds in, those dudes are not very tolerable

edit: Zelda doesn't have achievements so what are they hunting?!?!?

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Who's gonna be the first 8.0 :twisted:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gorgolflox posted:

got 25 seconds in, those dudes are not very tolerable

edit: Zelda doesn't have achievements so what are they hunting?!?!?

You missed the fun thing they did!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I give Zelda 1/10 because I don't have it yet.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Shoehead posted:

You missed the fun thing they did!

That's fine, I hope they had a good time, I know I will come Friday!

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

blamegame posted:

Who's gonna be the first 8.8 :twisted:

ftfy

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Oxxidation posted:

Or, if you have a Wii U, you can probably just save $400 and deal with the game in 720p.

I tried to get a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo's online store but it wouldn't take my card and they don't accept PayPal. And what loving year does Nintendo live in that they won't accept PayPal?!

I guess I can wait a month or two to play Nintendo's anime version of Skyrim.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

spasticColon posted:

I tried to get a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo's online store but it wouldn't take my card and they don't accept PayPal. And what loving year does Nintendo live in that they won't accept PayPal?!

I guess I can wait a month or two to play Nintendo's anime version of Skyrim.

The world where you're supposed to use Nintendo's Ebay store if you want to use paypal. 'cause Nintendo is weird like that. Also different inventories, the paypal store still had the black wiimotion plus wiimote and nunchuk in stock"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

spasticColon posted:

Nintendo, like many consumers, believes things were best when you were twelve.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Wait a minute, 8.8....88

Oh no. Ooooooh no!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm looking to just download this off the Wii U store when it releases but I've never actually waited for a Nintendo game to be released online. Does anyone know if they'll post it Thursday night at midnight? I am looking forward to playing this game

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah there are YouTube streamers now playing the game.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Shoehead posted:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

havenwaters posted:

The world where you're supposed to use Nintendo's Ebay store if you want to use paypal. 'cause Nintendo is weird like that. Also different inventories, the paypal store still had the black wiimotion plus wiimote and nunchuk in stock"

If only the idiot I talked to over the phone at Nintendo told me about this but it's Nintendo.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

spasticColon posted:

If only the idiot I talked to over the phone at Nintendo told me about this but it's Nintendo.

The idiot on the phone probably doesn't know about it to be fair. Anyway the ebay store has refurb 32gb Wii Us with nintendo land for $200.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dehry posted:

Yeah there are YouTube streamers now playing the game.

It's okay they promised they were going to buy the game when it comes out on Friday and also they will delete the files after 24 hours which their friends said makes it not illegal.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

havenwaters posted:

The idiot on the phone probably doesn't know about it to be fair. Anyway the ebay store has refurb 32gb Wii Us with nintendo land for $200.

Hooray I'll be able to play Breath Of The Wild Skyrim Souls: The Anime on Friday now! :woop:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Could you share a link?

Reddit / Zelda and it should be at the top of the page. There are spoilers in the thread though. I avoided anything major, but be warned.

Just watched a few minutes of a twitch streamer on Wii U' and listened to one of the tracks from the soundtrack. So PUMPED. Also, leaving thread till after I've been playing Friday :) see you all on the other side!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Kashuno posted:

gently caress now I have to go through the rest of this week trying to tell myself not to listen to the soundtrack.

I've always found listening to the soundtrack enhances the anticipation and I enjoy the final product more because it's familiar, but now contextualized. Like watching the LOTR movies for the first time, after hearing the score, was a magical experience.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Welp, looks like all items, enemies, and bosses have leaked plus all cutscenes. Including ending boss cutscene which is currently on reddit. Batten those hatches, boys.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just want to know, and it's such an obvious thing that there is but I still want to know and this is the last thing I'll want spoiled about the game until I physically get there:
It's a question about an item
Is there a green/hero tunic and if so, does it look very different from previous tunics?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Danger posted:

Welp, looks like all items, enemies, and bosses have leaked plus all cutscenes. Including ending boss cutscene which is currently on reddit. Batten those hatches, boys.

lol. they shoulda just canceled the wiiu version.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

I just want to know, and it's such an obvious thing that there is but I still want to know and this is the last thing I'll want spoiled about the game until I physically get there:
Is there a green/hero tunic and if so, does it look very different from previous tunics?

There is from the screen shots I saw they are called "hero [insert clothing here]" I haven't seen the tunic, but the hat is the same hat that we've known through the years and the trousers are OoT white.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Looks like the assets for all the items from the game have been pulled and there is Multiple green tunics.

I don't know if there is a BotW specific one, but it looks like there's a bunch of different game's green tunic styles represented in this game.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Literally every previous Link's tunic is in the game. Adult, dark, WW, classic, skyward sword, TP, even great deity

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

El Burbo posted:

Literally every previous Link's tunic is in the game. Adult, dark, WW, classic, skyward sword, TP, even great deity

No yeah I know, saw a dingdong streamer break NDA to show that the archer link amiibo can net you OoT Link's pantyhose and from the first leaks I know there's an ALttP and Fierce Deity set, but is there a BoTW-specific set?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hey zelda thread, should try to finish skyward sword by friday? i've had it for years and only recently ripped the disc (late last year) started playing through it on dolphin with a real wiimote. i am up to the desert mines area which i believe, going by zelda tradition, is like super early and just before i get the master sword? or this is another wind waker situation where there's only like 2 dungeons left?

thing is i keep getting really annoyed by the constant hand holding that really brings the games pace to a crawl. and how annoying it is to fight correctly.

should i persist? yay/nay

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

hey zelda thread, should try to finish skyward sword by friday? i've had it for years and only recently ripped the disc (late last year) started playing through it on dolphin with a real wiimote. i am up to the desert mines area which i believe, going by zelda tradition, is like super early and just before i get the master sword? or this is another wind waker situation where there's only like 2 dungeons left?

thing is i keep getting really annoyed by the constant hand holding that really brings the games pace to a crawl. and how annoying it is to fight correctly.

Have you done the Ancient Cistern dungeon?
Because that is the best Zelda dungeon so far, once you're done with that, you're free to go

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

you have like 5 dungeons left at least

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

El Burbo posted:

Are there lobster jammies?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

Because that is the best Zelda dungeon so far, once you're done with that, you're free to go

Ancient Cistern is an excellent dungeon. Definitely my favorite in Skyward Sword. And best boss music (even if it was used with Moldarach first) before Ghirahim's multiple boss tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZG7nVXS8Lw

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Calaveron posted:

not sure, can't remember names, did one dungeon where you fight that camp guy and i just did a lava zone.

Evil Eagle posted:

you have like 5 dungeons left at least

huh, well. might just plough through and see how far i get before my switch turns up. might be able to do it considering how short that lava dungeon was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Calaveron posted:

Worth doing Lanayru as well; the Time Stones mechanic in that is terrific fun.