Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Is Vince still that hard-up for mainstream press?

Do you really need to ask this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Why is it always news sites like ESPN/TMZ/NBC that "break the news" that someone is going into the Hall of Fame than, say, the WWE making the announcement on RAW?

Is Vince still that hard-up for mainstream press?

yes

the ship might have sailed on sable since i'm thinking they're don't view brock as highly as before

chyna's just a really touchy subject

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell, Miss Elizabeth ghost is more HOF worthy than Beth Phoenix.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
There are a lot of women who deserve to be in this dumb and fake hall of fame before Beth Phoenix, and it'll be very surprising if Chyna isn't in this year's class, considering that she died within the last year.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Chyna Molly Victoria and a few of the Joshis that were there for one of Vince's cocaine benders.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They need to just stop inducting so many people every year.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vaguido posted:

There are a lot of women who deserve to be in this dumb and fake hall of fame before Beth Phoenix, and it'll be very surprising if Chyna isn't in this year's class, considering that she died within the last year.

Chyna will never be in the WWE HOF while Stephanie and HHH are still alive.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Donald Trump did more for the WWE than Beth Phoenix.

Also Sable and Chyna should be inducted before loving Beth Phoenix. Hell, Melina should be inducted before her-

Debra McMichael too.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

if wm ever goes to minneapolis then molly gets in

i'm still not pleased jackie got in last year just for the texas pop

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Eli Wiggum posted:

Do people honestly think the Hardys are suddenly going to drop the gimmick that's brought them the most success if they return to WWE?

WWE give The Road Warriors a ventriloquist's dummy as a mascot.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
this is what happens when you tell vince to put in Christian, and he jokes to HHH, "yeah, call Edge's wife and tell 'em they're going in!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Wazzu posted:

That spear by Roman on Braun looks loving awesome.

More of that Roman, please.

Sorry but House Show Roman isn't in right now. Would you accept Dully Opens RAW With Bad Promo Roman?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

why do yall care so much about a fake hall of fame

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Shaq said today that he thinks Big Show vs Shaq at Wrestlemania is not going to happen. :negative:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/835596880868429825

Triple HGH

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Midnightghoul posted:

They need to just stop inducting so many people every year.

Agreed. It's much better to put in like 5 max per year and give them 20 minutes for a speech than cramming in 8 or 9 with short speeches and then running through big entries so quick.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

keevo posted:

Shaq said today that he thinks Big Show vs Shaq at Wrestlemania is not going to happen. :negative:

big show got in the best shape of his life for a match that isn't going to happen

I'd laugh but I feel really bad for him now

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ostentatious posted:

why do yall care so much about a fake hall of fame

I like it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I love Molly Holly but I have a hard time looking at WWE resumes and arguing Molly Holly deserves it more than Phoenix.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sportsgenius86 posted:

I love Molly Holly but I have a hard time looking at WWE resumes and arguing Molly Holly deserves it more than Phoenix.

Getting speared by Brock Lesnar, being Hardcore Champion, having cool feuds with Trish Stratus, having uncool feuds with Trish Stratus versus bending Melina funny and being pretty popular in Buffalo.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Whoreman Lames

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So it looks like Shaq and Big Show ain't happening. Shaq said it's pretty much a no go on some podcast plus he's in absolutely no physical condition anyway.

So...sad for the 5 people who cared?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

keevo posted:

good

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shaq...

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So Big Show is just gonna come out and perform "That's How I Beat Shaq" right?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What a face!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

those are really weird looking triceps. wonder what kind of lifts he does for that. also he should buy some big guy feed me more testosterone supplements. good for coming off your cycle (tm).

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

are you just determined to watch a bad show or something

The booze and making GBS threads on Matt Damon helped so did the Dusty finish ending.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Oh yeah I guess I'm making the discussion thread tonight

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Now this is a gimmick I could get behind

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really like Triple H getting in WrestleMania shape without having a match. I know kayfabe is dead but still.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vertical Lime posted:

yes

the ship might have sailed on sable since i'm thinking they're don't view brock as highly as before

chyna's just a really touchy subject
Chyna I could see waiting a few years because they don't want people to think they put her in because she died last year.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They should bring in Javale McGee and have him and Show just talk poo poo about Shaq with a live mic

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Seriously i have 0 interest in that poo poo. Shaq isn't a wrestler

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The spectacle of Big Show versus Shaq would have been cool. I hope it does happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also Big Show would have retired after it was over

Now I guess he'll never retire. Oh well, RR got what they wanted. Let the Show and Kane train roll forever :getin:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I know that the WWE Hall of Fame contains some wrestlers that never worked for WWE, but I wonder if that would ever extend to somebody like Andy Kaufman for the Celebrity Wing.

Given his ties to Lawler and how pivotal he was to getting some mainstream attention for pro wrestling, I wonder if he will ever make it in. Or is he one step too far removed? Or do they want to avoid mentioning even Kaufman's version of intergender wrestling these days?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i remember seeing a picture of shaq or him on tv not too long ago and thinking there is no way that guy is going to be ready for wrestlemania. too bad. i wanted that juicy shaq meat.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Uncle Ulty posted:

I know that the WWE Hall of Fame contains some wrestlers that never worked for WWE, but I wonder if that would ever extend to somebody like Andy Kaufman for the Celebrity Wing.

Given his ties to Lawler and how pivotal he was to getting some mainstream attention for pro wrestling, I wonder if he will ever make it in. Or is he one step too far removed? Or do they want to avoid mentioning even Kaufman's version of intergender wrestling these days?

The whole point of the celeb thing is media attention and since Kaufman is dead and can't be there, they don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Uncle Ulty posted:

there's no chance. that's was a weird time and situation, and until late last year, WWE wouldn't consider people who had done intergender wrestling.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i remember seeing a picture of shaq or him on tv not too long ago and thinking there is no way that guy is going to be ready for wrestlemania. too bad. i wanted that juicy shaq meat.

i appreciate this

• Locked thread