Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

rapeface posted:

What of the very Timekeeper?!

Timekeeper's voice I think is only funny once you know the character. It's kind of a funny voice, but it's the contrast with the absolute triviality of the stuff that he's talking about that makes it as funny as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Quick, list characters who were immediately funny from their voice:
- Big Chunky Bubbles
- Ho Ho
- Leykis
- Chief (Junior?)

Lil' Gary, hands down

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Here's Scott talking like a big brain smart guy.

https://youtu.be/JfUiPuR4g6o

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So, Michael Bolton's Big, Sexy Valentine's Day Special is very entertaining.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJYwrites/status/833350898566864896

"You're gonna like the way this link makes you laugh. I guarantee it" - the Men's Warehouse guy if he was really into CBB from the beginning.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Thanks, so much great stuff on Scott's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/henweb/status/833275946077736960

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Can't believe Hayes and Sean have to share that scuba fin

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/833826370287382530

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I know he went to hundreds of Phish shows and what have you but Harris always looked pretty clean-cut as an adult...I never imagined him having a full-on jam band guy look.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Wait, and THIS guy was a junkie!?

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

tnimark posted:

Can someone direct me to where I can watch Claudia's deleted scene?

I don't know if you figured it out yet but on when you are at the Netflix page for MBV just click on trailer/extra features.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

JethroMcB posted:

I know he went to hundreds of Phish shows and what have you but Harris always looked pretty clean-cut as an adult...I never imagined him having a full-on jam band guy look.

This was a very mainstream look for the mid-late 90s.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Fisting Tent posted:

I don't know if you figured it out yet but on when you are at the Netflix page for MBV just click on trailer/extra features.

I had to go to Netflix in a browser to find this tab FYI, don't think it appears in any Netflix apps.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Cacator posted:

I had to go to Netflix in a browser to find this tab FYI, don't think it appears in any Netflix apps.

It's on the Roku app. I thought there was a separate section for trailers, but it's in the special itself (there should be an option lower down for trailers, below the play/start at beginning/etc options)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cacator posted:

It showed up on my iPad app. Good clip, real C+ outtake.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It may not be everyone's favorite brand of silly since it's "yes AND AND AND", but I loved today's CBB.

A terrible 's-kurt accident.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

It may not be everyone's favorite brand of silly since it's "yes AND AND AND", but I loved today's CBB.

A terrible 's-kurt accident.

It got silly in a fun way. I liked it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Will Hines was great. I think he was genuinely thrown by Kurt and Scott's apparent hatred of motorcycles. He couldn't stop laughing, and it seemed like he came to talk about something else, but it got too silly to go that way.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Will is easily one of the most talented improvisers on the planet. Him throwing away a premise means he gets to have more fun and bounce off of others way more than his preconceived bit. He tends to be really goofy and just have fun on CBB which may obscure the fact the he's an absolute genius.

God I miss his stage presence in New York :smith:

If any of y'all are interested in improv pick up his book and read his blog :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've watched Michael Bolton's Big, Sexy Valentine's Day Special 3 times now and it only gets funnier. Support Forced Chocolateman!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Middleditch's character sounds way too much like Will Forte.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

FitFortDanga posted:

Yes! All I could think of

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

It was kind of half Bob Ducca too. Still great.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

FitFortDanga posted:

Same, also the episode got really annoying near the end

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there singing

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Ben Schwartz isn't funny. He seems to be poorly skilled at comedy.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there singing

take a guess

Pat Mustard posted:

Ben Schwartz isn't funny. He seems to be poorly skilled at comedy.

this is inaccurate tho

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I forgot to say this when the discussion was happening but I would like to concur that Will Hines is the best

Read it on my vacation (before I got bronchitis and stomach flu :smith:) great read

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Man I love me some Scott Aukerman character work.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I was really surprised that Ben and Tom have a show together. It seems like they really wanted to step on each other's premises. It's weird that Scott is best when he's playing other characters, !but it keeps him too busy to play continuity cop.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

man, will hines is great

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Was that the first time Ben played a character on the podcast?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

drainpipe posted:

there was that time he did that bit with hot dog

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

drainpipe posted:

You mean The Elegant Mr S?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Terror Sweat posted:

man, will hines is great

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hell I read that guys improv book and I'll give you guys the main tips for free
1. Be good at improv
2. Ground yourself in the world
3. Play with ppl who suck
4. Be funny
5. Haven't read this one yet I'll get back when I finish it.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Binge-Listening to the archive of live eps, and Jon Gabrus is such a loving goon and I love it. I had never heard terms like "hentai", "Earthbound", or "roll for initiative" in my alt-comedy.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I want to know what forum he reads, because he's definitely heavily implied that he participates in one several times in the past.

There are a couple other Earwolf regulars out there who also occasionally surprise me with really obscure Star Wars references or whatnot, but yeah Gabrus really takes the cake. No pun intended.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

piratepilates posted:

Here is an amazing Aukerman interview:
http://gothamist.com/2017/02/13/interview_michael_bolton_scott_auke.php

Truly bizarre reading CBB-style bits in print, also Akiva Schaffer is apparently a Scott Aukerman clone, without the names I don't think you'd be able to tell who was making each joke.

Holy moly this is a great interview. Thank you for sharing it. Here's a highlight:

Scott Aukerman posted:

Maui wowie.

Classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Paul Rust is a delight, this episode is pretty great.