Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Honestly, with that much speed, the point is clearly to taunt on turn one to neutralize the opening round burst that a lot of other teams put out and allow your other, slower units to start getting to work. In theory, after that, maintaining control is up to them.

I mean, if he's fast enough and has enough protection, he's basically as good as my Shoretrooper that gets Wiggsecuted all the time.

The fact that he can gain a lot of protection gives me hope that he'll be alright. I'll hold off and let whales gear him up and spend all their Omegas on him first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I want to live the dream and hit Metal Menace and have STHan proc right afterwards.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
OK IGD goons, we have enough currency for a heroic tank. However in-game folks are still concerned about our ability to execute. So, respond here and let's hash out when we want to make our next serious attempt.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Davethulhu posted:

OK IGD goons, we have enough currency for a heroic tank. However in-game folks are still concerned about our ability to execute. So, respond here and let's hash out when we want to make our next serious attempt.

Does being in a higher level guild make someone level faster? I'm at lvl 38 and it's low as gently caress but if I actually level faster in a goon guild I can help out much faster.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Barreft posted:

Does being in a higher level guild make someone level faster? I'm at lvl 38 and it's low as gently caress but if I actually level faster in a goon guild I can help out much faster.

No, you only level as fast as you spend energy to do activities.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Does it at least help? Cause Jesus this is boring

batwang
May 15, 2002

I call on Cardassians everywhere to rise up. Rise up and join me, I need you to be my army. If we stand together, nothing, can oppose us. Freedom is ours, for the taking!

Barreft posted:

Yeah but there are lightsabers in the game.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

Just going through the rosters of the new guys, I think we're still not there. I'd like to see an updated sheet from KT if/when he has time, but I think not nearly enough time has passed from the last HAAT for people to have significantly bumped up their teams.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Barreft posted:

The big benefit of being in a higher level guild is benign able to leech top tier Raid loot. Once you have a seven star character, any one seven star character, you can do that. And should do that.

Until then, whatever.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

My P2 team isn't there yet. Or my P1, but I have been putting all resources to droids/jawas.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

We don't have the droids, imo. I'm not further towards advancing mine since the last time we tried (loving raid pieces).

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

We don't have the droids, imo. I'm not further towards advancing mine since the last time we tried (loving raid pieces).

I'm kinda worried that we're all going to end up leveling droid teams and then just get stuck on P3 after blowing up P2.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Zone of Danger posted:

I'm kinda worried that we're all going to end up leveling droid teams and then just get stuck on P3 after blowing up P2.

That's why I've been trying to build up the droids and my tanks for Chirpatine at the same time.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zone of Danger posted:

This may happen but I think more people have parts of the teams you need to be good at p3 (Palp, RG, STHan) than they do droids. Main deal is farming Chirpa to 7*, but at least you don't need to gear him up.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Zone of Danger posted:

That's still progress

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Going complete ignorance here, but in my first guild in this game I'm #1 in Raid Tickets at 552.

I have no idea what that means but people in level 70s are at 300 and less and I'm only lvl 38. Is that something that'd help a goon guild rather than whatever guild I'm in now? Cause I'd rather help goons even if I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Barreft posted:

Going complete ignorance here, but in my first guild in this game I'm #1 in Raid Tickets at 552.

I have no idea what that means but people in level 70s are at 300 and less and I'm only lvl 38. Is that something that'd help a goon guild rather than whatever guild I'm in now? Cause I'd rather help goons even if I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing.

raid tickets are just how much energy you spend, its good that you are getting max/near max amount of tickets that helps launch raids. I dont know if the babby guild is still around but either that one or QGJ would be fine for you to join if they had room.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jerkface posted:

raid tickets are just how much energy you spend, its good that you are getting max/near max amount of tickets that helps launch raids. I dont know if the babby guild is still around but either that one or QGJ would be fine for you to join if they had room.

Good to hear. If anyone wants me I'll leave this newb guild and at least contribute to goons instead of this random guild.

e:

I don't even know wtf I'm doing but I'd rather help a goon guild than this. *I'm Bluedust*

Barreft fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 28, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD goons, based on feedback I think we're going to hold off on the heroic tank for a bit longer yet. I think we can kick off a regular tank tomorrow morning (pacific time) so that euro players get a shot at p1, since I think they tend to miss that phase with a guild rollover start. P2+ damage would be the following morning (so that teams reset).

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Davethulhu posted:

IGD goons, based on feedback I think we're going to hold off on the heroic tank for a bit longer yet. I think we can kick off a regular tank tomorrow morning (pacific time) so that euro players get a shot at p1, since I think they tend to miss that phase with a guild rollover start. P2+ damage would be the following morning (so that teams reset).

Do you have an empty spot? I'm definitely not a heroic tank but it sucks not playing with goons.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Barreft posted:

Do you have an empty spot? I'm definitely not a heroic tank but it sucks not playing with goons.

IGD doesn't have room for you but QGJ might. If QGJ is full then joining Rocinante is probably a good idea. They are a low level guild populated by goons, friends/family/coworkers and pubs. But I'm not sure if the leader or any of its officers read this thread. You can try searching back like 10+ pages to when it was soliciting.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Rocinante is currently full unfortunately and I recently kicked the last of our inactives. I'll post here if a space opens up but for now we can't take anyone on.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
So I migrated my 'can we do p2 yet?' spreadsheet over to the main goon guild one, after the HAAT guide page. I added the new people who came from QGJ, but I might have missed some updates to gear levels.

If any IGD goons have updated their p2 squads since I made the sheet can you pop over to the sheet and update your gear levels please? I'm pretty sure not enough of us have though, it's kind of key to have an average gear level over 10 in order to get decent topples in p2 and too few have that still.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zone of Danger posted:

Well, we need droids.

I can't advance mine for poo poo, so I'm working on Chirpa and tanks. I seriously ONLY need loving fusion furnaces.

My priority at this moment is GXI on Boba, though.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

I have droids and rebels, but both are still the same as last attempt since I am gearing a dark side team right now. Tab has rebels again same as last time(she did very low damage due to waiting on p3/4).

So DN lead, I was thinking dooku, maul, sith trooper + ? I am kind if iffy on this one with two 3* standing out like a punch me sign. I have maul, Vader, sid, ep, tfp, rg, boba, all 6-7 stars(looking at you Vader). B2 and a bunch of others at 6ish stars low gear levels as well. Is there a dark side team that is viable without zetas? I really hosed myself on getting them and now everywhere has at least one on my shard and its going to be a while before I have any.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

Does QGJ have room for this dude?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

I have droids and rebels, but both are still the same as last attempt since I am gearing a dark side team right now. Tab has rebels again same as last time(she did very low damage due to waiting on p3/4).

So DN lead, I was thinking dooku, maul, sith trooper + ? I am kind if iffy on this one with two 3* standing out like a punch me sign. I have maul, Vader, sid, ep, tfp, rg, boba, all 6-7 stars(looking at you Vader). B2 and a bunch of others at 6ish stars low gear levels as well. Is there a dark side team that is viable without zetas? I really hosed myself on getting them and now everywhere has at least one on my shard and its going to be a while before I have any.

Zader is viable in P2. Boba also slots nicely on that roster, but you probably need Sidious up around GX.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Zader is viable in P2. Boba also slots nicely on that roster, but you probably need Sidious up around GX.

Decent scores from P2 Zader pretty much requires zSdious and Tusken Shaman, I've tried it a few times in HAAT and ended up retreating and just using my Droids instead because without the extra DOT sources it just doesn't stack up fast enough.

zSidious is just so he doesn't fall over the second the tank looks at him and the bonus potency helps land as many DOTs as possible.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I don't see magmatrooper mentioned much in the various raid compa in this thread, but he seems like he'd have good synergy in zader TM teams. (not an original idea, I saw him used in an Ahnald vid)

Is there a particular reason he's not popular?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

I don't see magmatrooper mentioned much in the various raid compa in this thread, but he seems like he'd have good synergy in zader TM teams. (not an original idea, I saw him used in an Ahnald vid)

Is there a particular reason he's not popular?

Because outside of that fairly specific setup, he's worthless, and it's a lot of effort to set him up when there are so many good alternatives.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Looks like you only need 2 arena battles for your daily reward now.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

KingOfTheTramps posted:

So I migrated my 'can we do p2 yet?' spreadsheet over to the main goon guild one, after the HAAT guide page. I added the new people who came from QGJ, but I might have missed some updates to gear levels.

If any IGD goons have updated their p2 squads since I made the sheet can you pop over to the sheet and update your gear levels please? I'm pretty sure not enough of us have though, it's kind of key to have an average gear level over 10 in order to get decent topples in p2 and too few have that still.

That's a nice sheet thanks for setting that up!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Guy in my guild got his Darth Nihilus up to 7 stars over the weekend. Pretty he spent $300 to do so on data cards alone.

It's crazy to me what people will spend on this game.

That being said, he's a god drat beast.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Guy in my guild got his Darth Nihilus up to 7 stars over the weekend. Pretty he spent $300 to do so on data cards alone.

It's crazy to me what people will spend on this game.

That being said, he's a god drat beast.

Only 300? Dude got a bargain.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Whitey Snipes posted:

Decent scores from P2 Zader pretty much requires zSdious and Tusken Shaman, I've tried it a few times in HAAT and ended up retreating and just using my Droids instead because without the extra DOT sources it just doesn't stack up fast enough.

zSidious is just so he doesn't fall over the second the tank looks at him and the bonus potency helps land as many DOTs as possible.

I thought a high level boba worked fine in place of shaman for dot stacking? + second execute.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Think Zader is still a safe first Zeta? Should I just wait for the dust to settle on Zaul? Seems like Zaul is getting a ton of traction on the swgoh.gg meta report.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I think NIhilus lead is probably better than Zaul, as far as Sith go.

Zaul and Zader are both top shelf, though. Zader is also raid comp viable. Don't go Zader for PVP unless you've got a good supporting cast, though.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I think NIhilus lead is probably better than Zaul, as far as Sith go.

My shard is now 7/10 Zaul in the top 10 and the only whale who tried a Nihilus lead has plummeted down to 40ish, it might have some raid synergy but I think it's a PvP bust.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah, same here. Nihilus lead just doesn't seem to have the damage. Zaul, on the other hand, is evasion meta redux...but 100x worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

When are the QOL updates going live? I thought they were being pushed yesterday, but the only changes I have are the updated challenge rewards and Chopper is visible.