Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

The tweetstorm is, I pray to god, meant to be satirical. Comparing the construction of government systems to a programming puzzle is...insane.

Techbros, including high-level ones in silicon valley, really do believe that crap.

And here's the obligatory Dark Enlightenment thread link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

:v:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So Red Panels finally got an actual job. I'm guessing he's worried about his lovely side project being discovered.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So Red Panels finally got an actual job. I'm guessing he's worried about his lovely side project being discovered.
The internet never forgets so this seems hopeless to me.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Trumth?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
He is loving going out on a nazi salute... what a loving gem :cripes:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Maybe he'll be the next Jack Chick where no one will discover his identity for decades and his comics will continue under multiple Nazi illustrators?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I hope this fucker gets doxxed

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Imagine being a lovely comic artist in 1939 and going "Wellp, we nazis are in power, my work here is done."

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I guess the actual Nazi stole some thunder here, but just look at this loving racist poo poo. Die of cirrhosis, Tinsley.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spiffster posted:

I'm fine with them doing that as long as we also get to lower them into vats of molten steel.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Technowolf posted:

:ssh:I just download each image, open up the first in MS paint, paste the others in order, then resize the image to about 1200 wide. It's literally about 2 mins for each comic.

I wrote a python program to get around having to click "download image". Clearly I'm too lazy for 2 minutes in GIMP. :qq:

"I can't wait to eat this...baby?"

When's it gonna stop, Liz?

He's either trying to drum up more Patreonbux, or reports managed to get his Patreon taken out (or, as Albrecht pointed out, he got a real job, and doesn't want his boss finding out he's a literal nazi). Either way, I don't buy his "I'm retiring because I'm TOO successful. :smug:" line.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I guess this means brave anonymous Nazi cartoonist will now get to spend more quality time with his anime body pillow.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

He's either trying to drum up more Patreonbux, or reports managed to get his Patreon taken out (or, as Albrecht pointed out, he got a real job, and doesn't want his boss finding out he's a literal nazi). Either way, I don't buy his "I'm retiring because I'm TOO successful. :smug:" line.

His "good bye" included asking for connects for in the Houston area for a tech sales job, so he's clearly looking for work and hoping his fans are gainfully employed enough to get him a gig.

Lol if someone is clever enough to bait and dox him via his job search or the BTC address.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I wouldn't put it past Red Panels Guy to be one of those webcomic creators who genuinely spend over a dozen hours per comic despite the end result being what it is and so literally can't do it as a hobby while working.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MechaCrash posted:

If you don't want to click on that link:

Good riddance and die in a car fire, you loving Nazi.

gently caress, he lives near me

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Sir Tonk posted:

gently caress, he lives near me

Think of it as an opportunity to make the next Spencer video.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Good news, even if you do not live in Houston, odds are you live within walking distance of an actual Nazi, these days. :911:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyone in Houston able to create a job and see if they can get him to apply?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Hell, anybody in Houston have contacts in the local antifa?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Would it be possible for one of you Houston goons to employ Red Panels Guy to be your butler?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jay Rust posted:

Would it be possible for one of you Houston goons to employ Red Panels Guy to be your butler?

I'm sure he'll get another job as a grocery bagger or poo poo cleaner somewhere.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Jay Rust posted:

How about human bidet?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Think of it as an opportunity to make the next Spencer video.

i'll talk to the FNB crowd, they like punching nazis

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wish someone would make a comic about reactionary IT nerds living in the neofeudalism they keep preaching for.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I wish someone would make a comic about reactionary IT nerds living in the neofeudalism they keep preaching for.

You mean returning to the status quo of getting dunked into toilet bowls? Because I'm pretty sure they could easily be killed by an average joe with a rake. The moment tech falls, either through EMPs via nukes or whatever, these people are helpless against an actual mugger.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crabtree posted:

You mean returning to the status quo of getting dunked into toilet bowls? Because I'm pretty sure they could easily be killed by an average joe with a rake. The moment tech falls, either through EMPs via nukes or whatever, these people are helpless against an actual mugger.

Yes, all of this.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Spiffster posted:

Yeah, that's the real crowning turd of all of this. He spent all this time going "I'm not really a Nazi therefore CHECKMATE LIBERALS :smuggo:" and then he ends with that.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

I like that for an exit, he chose the metaphor of going down in flames.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Much like his role model, he went out with an Austrian killing himself.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I like reading it as "the author understands that if he sticks around, it could lead to a terrible future".

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Anyone but me notice that his last words were in Spanish?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Anyone but me notice that his last words were in Spanish?

Honestly no, I didn't. It's such an iconic part of the film that the irony didn't even register.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

lol at calling ceasing production on a crappy webcomic he basically didn't make money on, "retirement."

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Doesn't sound like it. If you read the last bit it sounds like he needs to find something. Parents probably threatened to kick him out of the basement lest he at least try to look for a job.

I feel like the subtext of the post is he doesn't want to get caught making low effort nazi comics by a potential employeer, because somehow I doubt it takes him more the an hour or two to crank this crap out.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I like reading it as "the author understands that if he sticks around, it could lead to a terrible future".

He's already spent more than a year of his life unemployed, with nothing to show for it except poorly-drawn comics that will make any American employer fire him on the spot if he shows them to anyone. His work is clearly not good enough to earn him anything but the total chaos fringe of wingnut welfare, but he's too well-known to escape the spotlight and too obvious to hide from its glare. His fans are the loudest and stupidest of the idiot substrate, and will helpfully broadcast any work of his that they find.

He'll be back drawing within a month, with a comic explaining how living in your stepdad's basement is totally rad and anyone who flats or rents is a mindkilled Illuminati slave.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like the subtext of the post is he doesn't want to get caught making low effort nazi comics by a potential employeer, because somehow I doubt it takes him more the an hour or two to crank this crap out.

Nah. If you're not great at art, producing something that's not good can still take a while. This is speaking as a person who is not really good at art and can, if I put a lot of time into something, can make it passable.

He may well spend hours on every comic. Not a guarantee, but it's certainly possible, even and especially if that's the best art he can actually make (which, given the clear progression in artistic skill compared to his earliest comics that have been posted here, would not at all surprise me).

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

God can you imagine how baffling this comic would be if you chanced upon it in a paper without knowing any one of the following bits of lame trivia:
1. Who she is
2. Why she's wearing the feather
3. Who she's meant to be giving a speech to and at who's confirmation hearing
4. Why she's referencing Coretta King
5. Who Coretta King is and what she was talking about
6. What Coretta King was talking about in a different letter
7. Why this is a sick burn

Like that's a lot of assumed knowledge of talking points for the funny pages.

edit: I guess what I'm saying is needs more labels

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Nah. If you're not great at art, producing something that's not good can still take a while. This is speaking as a person who is not really good at art and can, if I put a lot of time into something, can make it passable.

He may well spend hours on every comic. Not a guarantee, but it's certainly possible, even and especially if that's the best art he can actually make (which, given the clear progression in artistic skill compared to his earliest comics that have been posted here, would not at all surprise me).

I suppose, but time still seems like an excuse - I've found time to produce personal projects while holding down a full time job, not really sure what's stopping him from just moving to a once a week schedule or once-whenever like a bunch of webcomics seem to do anyways. :v:

Granted, I'm not exactly upset he's not going to continue making his poo poo comic. It just seems like a saving face maneuver then "I'm moving on to bigger and better things!"

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Sardine Wit posted:

God can you imagine how baffling this comic would be if you chanced upon it in a paper without knowing any one of the following bits of lame trivia:
1. Who she is
2. Why she's wearing the feather
3. Who she's meant to be giving a speech to and at who's confirmation hearing
4. Why she's referencing Coretta King
5. Who Coretta King is and what she was talking about
6. What Coretta King was talking about in a different letter
7. Why this is a sick burn

Like that's a lot of assumed knowledge of talking points for the funny pages.

edit: I guess what I'm saying is needs more labels

I feel like anyone who decently keeps up with the news would be able to get this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Honestly no, I didn't. It's such an iconic part of the film that the irony didn't even register.

Hell, the phrase has worked its way so firmly into the social consciousness that my literal Mexican quasi-legal co-workers will spout that line all the time.

"Hasta la manyana Celia!"

tiny little Mexican lady who doesn't even speak English: "Hasta la vista...baybee!"

• Locked thread