Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Isn't that the Twitch streamer who was a total oval office and told the guy watching his stream who said "Thanks to your videos, it got me out of depression and I didn't go through with suicide" that he should kill himself cause he's a oval office and suicide is never the answer or something? How does he still have a following? He's a toxic bastard.

The kid donated and thanked him for picking him up out of depression, and his response was "You're a piece of poo poo and gently caress off watching my stream".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Doltos posted:

I almost never run into an issue where my entire team is drastically new and the other team is 108 geared people. I do run into issues where someone on my team is screaming that everyone else sucks while they're getting killed every round. I think that's more of a common issue.

It's amazing how mad some people get considering the matches are so short. It's not like Dota where you are stuck with someone for an hour.

Also it's always a dude who dies a lot that starts raging at others in my experience as well.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kainser posted:

It's amazing how mad some people get considering the matches are so short. It's not like Dota where you are stuck with someone for an hour.

Also it's always a dude who dies a lot that starts raging at others in my experience as well.

Matches are short but getting into the next one is not. I find my patience is already worn thin by dealing with trying to get into a game without getting booted out that I'm very short with for honor dumb fucks. Play the god drat game GRRRRRRR.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Why do people rage quit out of duels after the game is over? More than once, I've killed a guy to win the match and he instantly quit out. Can they not suffer 10 more seconds and get their XP/loot?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Double Monocle posted:

To the peacekeeper who thinks your made of paper-mache - you have 20 less HP than a warlord.

I have heard that a lot. I assumed that she had much lower damage reduction to make up for it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Literally every Warlord I play with/against has a cooler looking shirt/shoulder than me :(

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Loopoo posted:

Isn't that the Twitch streamer who was a total oval office and told the guy watching his stream who said "Thanks to your videos, it got me out of depression and I didn't go through with suicide" that he should kill himself cause he's a oval office and suicide is never the answer or something? How does he still have a following? He's a toxic bastard.

The kid donated and thanked him for picking him up out of depression, and his response was "You're a piece of poo poo and gently caress off watching my stream".

Yes DMBrandon is a huge eternal piece of trash and will never live it down. I gave him a chance today and he wasn't that bad, he did step into unprofessionalism by mocking the name of a tourney contestant, but the name involved the word 'meme' sooo maybe you can let it slide. And at least he's willing to step up and put in the work to organize? and cast for the event

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

fadam posted:

Literally every Warlord I play with/against has a cooler looking shirt/shoulder than me :(

All that matters is the shield you use to enfeeble them and the helmet/horns you use to make them rage quit.
My first blue shield is brass with a skeleton engraving :black101:

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
PK didn't feel much different, not that it matters since not many here play as her.

I hope this game is popular enough to get a chill thread. That would be amazing.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

titties posted:

I have heard that a lot. I assumed that she had much lower damage reduction to make up for it.

I don't think damage reduction is a thing. Everyone is tuned so that you regen to 25 hp and can be killed with one heavy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nasgate posted:

All that matters is the shield you use to enfeeble them and the helmet/horns you use to make them rage quit.
My first blue shield is brass with a skeleton engraving :black101:

My shield and sword look gangster:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Javes posted:

Why do people rage quit out of duels after the game is over? More than once, I've killed a guy to win the match and he instantly quit out. Can they not suffer 10 more seconds and get their XP/loot?

More than a few people probably think I've rage quit against them but nope, it's the servers loving booting me for the upteenth time that day.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

I don't think damage reduction is a thing. Everyone is tuned so that you regen to 25 hp and can be killed with one heavy.

30 I believe, 25hp is a bar and you regen to slightly over 1 bar

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Indecisive posted:

30 I believe, 25hp is a bar and you regen to slightly over 1 bar

Can't be. Raider's unblockable does 28 damage and always kills people on their regen health.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

7c Nickel posted:

Can't be. Raider's unblockable does 28 damage and always kills people on their regen health.

It's gotta be like 26 because it's a tiny sliver past the first bar.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find it hilarious that the Lawbringer has a super dramatic move where he impales you on his poleaxe and then hoists you up over his head.

And then the only guaranteed damage he gets out of it is a light poke on the head.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

I find it hilarious that the Lawbringer has a super dramatic move where he impales you on his poleaxe and then hoists you up over his head.

And then the only guaranteed damage he gets out of it is a light poke on the head.

Use it to chain grab people out of revenge.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Loopoo posted:

most streamers are either fully autistic or cunts, because they spend all their days playing videogames on streams

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
You know what's fun? Lawbringer. You know what else is fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B4UWIDKrZw

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Should I feel bad for maining shogoki since he is op or something? I just got love for him as a gief main.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Keegers posted:

Should I feel bad for maining shogoki since he is op or something? I just got love for him as a gief main.

Nah. If what you like is good, don't feel bad. You don't need to know the pain of a Twelve main.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Keegers posted:

Shugoki isn't OP. His attacks have a hard time landing cause they're real easy to parry.

I really can't tell if people are loving idiots and Alt+F4 if we get a resync issue 10 seconds into the round, or if it's them getting booted to the main screen. If it's them Alt+F4ing, gently caress them with a rake. It causes the game to hard crash for everyone else and I gotta Alt+F4 myself and sit through 1 minute of intro screens.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 28, 2017

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Hypha posted:

Nah. If what you like is good, don't feel bad. You don't need to know the pain of a Twelve main.

I'm two levels from my third prestiged character, 4 more for my fourth. I'm thinking Valk next just to complete the vikings, but Lawbringer also seems v fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Loopoo posted:

Shugoki isn't OP. His attacks have a hard time landing cause they're real easy to parry.

Which is why high level Shugoki play involves utilizing his charge in combat. His attacks are simply too slow to throw out frequently against skilled players. You'll get parried constantly and the Shugoki's stamina pool is so poo poo one parry usually exhausts you. The charge is much safer as any punishment for failing is at worst the same as a parry, but usually nowhere near as bad. So you need to mix that into your playstyle, sometimes using it more than you even attack.

Its frustrating for people that don't know the defense against it, but still frustrating for people that do since it forces them out of their comfort zone. Shugoki requires a much different approach to playing against than most heroes due to his poise and charge.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Which is why high level Shugoki play involves utilizing his charge in combat. His attacks are simply too slow to throw out frequently against skilled players. You'll get parried constantly and the Shugoki's stamina pool is so poo poo one parry usually exhausts you. The charge is much safer as any punishment for failing is at worst the same as a parry, but usually nowhere near as bad. So you need to mix that into your playstyle, sometimes using it more than you even attack.

Its frustrating for people that don't know the defense against it, but still frustrating for people that do since it forces them out of their comfort zone. Shugoki requires a much different approach to playing against than most heroes due to his poise and charge.

Oh. I play him completely differently. I just bait them into an attack and then eat the first one so I can hit them with a charged attack that my super armour makes uninterruptible. I do the same with the backbreaker move. If I'm low health, I'll initiate it as soon as I see them go in for an attack so they can't dodge.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Loopoo posted:

Oh. I play him completely differently. I just bait them into an attack and then eat the first one so I can hit them with a charged attack that my super armour makes uninterruptible. I do the same with the backbreaker move. If I'm low health, I'll initiate it as soon as I see them go in for an attack so they can't dodge.

Yeah that doesn't work against better players. People know to use combo attacks on the Shugoki to take down his armour. Or they just grab you first, as even a failed guard break takes away his armour for a bit. They also know to apply more pressure when your armour is down. Like trying to trade hits with a Peacekeeper never works because they'll just stand in your crotch and R1 spam faster than you can react until they run out of stamina.

Like, fight a conqueror and they'll pretty much never attack first. They'll try to guardbreak you and shieldbash until you attack and let them parry. That way you run out of stamina instantly and they can just ram your fat rear end into a wall repeatedly. Using the charge is way more effective than trying to trade with a passive player.

EDIT: That's not to say you should never try to trade, but you will run into passive players where that won't be an option. Charge is a great tool for forcing them out of their shell.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 28, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what does the debuff stat mean

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zzulu posted:

Bleeding, maybe some other bullshit

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It means tech window for god knows what reason. If you max out debuff resist you can suddenly tech out of basically every otherwsie guaranteed GB.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Lawbringer is the best character.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zzulu posted:

literally any negative effect that is applied to your character. stagger after parry, recovery time after being thrown into a wall, bleed effects. it's also a bit broken cause it carries over into poo poo that shouldn't be affected, like getting grabbed when you dodge, having max debuff allows you to tech out of it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:stare:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
if they really are reverting the GB to what it was in open beta then maxing debuff stat will be crazy.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I just fought a peacekeeper who was able to dodge out of my guardbreak from a berserker deflect. gently caress this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh another thing about the Shugoki charge is that its an important tool versus exhausted foes. Good players will counter almost every guardbreak that isn't confirmed. So actually grabbing someone low on stamina is hard without some sort of mixup. The Shugoki's best mixup is the threat of his charge. Sprint towards an exhausted player and they have to make a choice; do they dodge to avoid your charge, or stand their ground to try and counter a possible guardbreak? If you start mixing the charge in people will be more inclined to risk a dodge, which can get you confirmed guardbreaks.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Nasgate posted:

I'm two levels from my third prestiged character, 4 more for my fourth. I'm thinking Valk next just to complete the vikings, but Lawbringer also seems v fun.

I have taken Lawbringer to rep 1, that is it.

I spend most of my time just fighting the level 0 bot at this point.

I should really actually play the game.

E: Did you know that keeping movement neutral results in different hitboxes than moving it around? It surprised me that the Valk gets two top light attacks off like the side swipes of the warden if you do the unlock thing while in neutral compared to moving.

Hypha fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 28, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Wait, vikings won faction war? HOW??

I am taking it to the bank though baby, 3 boxes for picking the only correct team.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I got 3 boxes the other day and champ status for some reason. I'm knight faction

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

TONIGHT I DINE ON TURTLE SOUP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hypha posted:

I have taken Lawbringer to rep 1, that is it.

I spend most of my time just fighting the level 0 bot at this point.

I should really actually play the game.

Im same way just a little better off, have rep 1 kensei, rep 1 lawbringer(my dueling classes) thats it. Spend much too much time playing against practice bot figuring poo poo out.