Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Hey i played for rank in the first time since ever..... and i made copper II :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Koramei posted:

Anyone got tips on how to reliably reset people now? The last few times I tried, even when it's just a single shot from a pistol into their leg, they still just die outright.

Just shoot your teammate in the head, they will always respawn in the next round with full health.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Personally I think a revived person should get up with only 1 health. It makes no sense someone revives with 50 health. They should be given a slight fighting chance but not a 50% reset.

Question: Will a silenced pistol kill one hit to the head?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tythas posted:

Hey i played for rank in the first time since ever..... and i made copper II :smithicide:

Don't be sad, the game is placing you with players it thinks matches your skill level best. I wish I was copper 2, probably way less tryhards and ultra aggressive jerks

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Knifegrab posted:

Personally I think a revived person should get up with only 1 health. It makes no sense someone revives with 50 health. They should be given a slight fighting chance but not a 50% reset.

99.9% yes.

But you still can run into situation where you get a injured + headshot trough objects, also cav pistol without silentstep gives me like all the time headshot + injure over medium/long distances, speak plane.

// That reminded me, I made a recording involving said scenario
https://streamable.com/kb889

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 27, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Sdoots posted:

My newest problem is that I'm doing loving terrible in just about every match I play lately. I went from consistently improving and sometimes pulling off some cool poo poo (Throwing nitro through a drop in the ceiling an attacker opened, detonating in midair for the kill), to getting 1 or 2 kills the entire match and being the first one to die every round.

It seems like the operator I'm able to reliably perform well with at the moment is Fuze, with his machine gun. With that in mind, do you all have any suggestions? Does Capitao work alright when you give him his machine gun?

Belt-fed guns are great! I also like IQ's gun with handlebar grip.

are they better than the other guns available? I guess not if you have excellent aim and are gonna pop sick nasty headshotz all the time.

but like shotguns they're fun as gently caress and perfectly viable imo. you don't have to have great aim, just a a good sense for when and where to shoot. you don't need to hold the trigger down to suppress someone. you can trash walls and take pot shots all day with short bursts or even repeated single shots. peeking is very important in this game and having 100 bullets to spread out while running around pretty much terrorizes the enemy team while you cut out a perfect outline of their silhouette with bullet holes. in the meantime, your teammates are rotating around the far side while all the attention is faced towards you because it's loud and ridiculous

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Unless you're Caveira using Silent Step, all pistol headshots should be lethal.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Luison downs with headshots even without silent step on iirc.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Koramei posted:

Anyone got tips on how to reliably reset people now? The last few times I tried, even when it's just a single shot from a pistol into their leg, they still just die outright. So I thought they must have just patched it out entirely, but I just saw Serenity is still doing it. What am I missing?

Fall off a high ledge

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
rank tank status: help, i keep winning

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Knifegrab posted:

At all ranges. There's a number of reasons I think headshots really gently caress this game sideways.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

On one hand terrible netcode, on the other hand gently caress Montagne, that makes me happy.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

*teleports behind you* Nothing personnel kid.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kGjo5toV6o :wow:

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 28, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

The bit where he was Jager being included is pretty funny because he straight up misses the guy, firing over his shoulder because he wasn't quite quick enough, rubberbanding or having the server dictate that you're in a different position to what you should reasonably be in is more frustrating and has happened to me often enough.

I've had times where I've been rubberbanded back through a corridor to safety after sprinting face-first into what should have been my death only to murder the guy on my god-given second attempt.

I've also been sent inside one of the lockers in the coast-guard bomb room(the one that isn't where the hostage/cap point is) on Kanal after trying to vault out of a window, I got pulled back up inside the building after I'd run away from the window and it was like the way it corrects things was by deciding how far offset the server thinks you are and tries to correct for it but by the time it kicks in I'm far enough away from the window that it's going to place me not at the open window but inversely offset relative to whatever position I was in when the correction happens(with some sanity checking for wall boundaries).

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
I seem to be cursed to never get past gold 4. I will have a great team going, but get one win away from gold 3 and suddenly poo poo hits the fan. It's like entering gold skyrockets you to some elite, sweaty-palmed, tryhard arena where people takes shits on you without second thought. I have been juggling between silver 1 and gold 4 forever.

Also, am I the only one who can never seem to get kills with the nitro cell?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yep, gold is ELO hell, except instead of nobody trying everybody tries super hard to get platinum and nobody leaves.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Half the people in plat/diamond are super unfun to play against so consider yourselves lucky.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Are the daily challenges supposed to populate? Because mine never do.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKO03lOHpQU You know the drill, ignore the polish shittalking.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been putting compensators on pretty much every gun. Is there a "best accessory" guide somewhere for all the weapons?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Yes, silencers, silencers, silencers

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovbB5G2nVCc How the hell did we win this round, how does even Hostage work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76wy-DgR5AI Thanks buddy.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I wish they'd shorten the time between rounds

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Mr E posted:

I've been putting compensators on pretty much every gun. Is there a "best accessory" guide somewhere for all the weapons?

Someone posted a youtube of every attachment / scope on weapons.

I think the overall verdict was Muzzle Break for your main, secondary is your choice.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Flash hider on everything

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I think im going to do my ranked placement matches with a controller and see what happens.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

diapermeat posted:

Someone posted a youtube of every attachment / scope on weapons.

I think the overall verdict was Muzzle Break for your main, secondary is your choice.

That was before muzzle break was nerfed.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Great Beer posted:

I think im going to do my ranked placement matches with a controller and see what happens.

I think there is a dirt rank so you should be okay

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

That was before muzzle break was nerfed.

This was posted a week ago - I'll see if I can dig it up.

Basically even with the nerf, the muzzle brake still returned to rest faster then all other attachments.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh sure I guess. Returning to rest is not something I care about at all. I stop shooting when they're dead or I'm out

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

There is no best attachment anymore, it really depends on operator and your playstyle

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

There is no best attachment anymore, it really depends on operator and your playstyle
This is your daily reminder that no, there is no playstyle redeeming laser pointer in 99% of scenarios.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Mr E posted:

It comes down to personal preference and specific weapons, but a couple rules of thumb I follow:

All pistols get suppressors to take out gadgets more discretely, except shield operators get muzzle brakes or compensators since they're loud as hell anyways. Shields also get laser pointers for the same reason, otherwise yea don't bother with lasers.

Primaries I'll only single shot with (FAL, HK417, etc) get a muzzle brake, primaries I'll mostly be spraying with (LMGs, etc) get compensators, but most weapons I try to do control bursts with so they all get flash hiders.

Vertical foregrips are for babies that can't handle recoil, angled foregrip is always useful especially when going up against operators like Ash.

Any sort of sight attachment just fucks with your peripheral vision so I stick to iron sights, but ACOGs are especially bad since all they do is narrow your FOV and give you tunnel vision.

Every gun gets the most colourful skin available and the unicorn charm, or the chibi drumstick.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Olewithmilk posted:

Any EU goons play this fun hunk of poo poo? Nice to play with US folk but 200ms ping makes a big difference.

I do. I only recently started playing but I'm down to try a few games if you want. Lex Neville on Steam and LexNeville on uPlay.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Jehde posted:

It comes down to personal preference and specific weapons, but a couple rules of thumb I follow:

All pistols get suppressors to take out gadgets more discretely, except shield operators get muzzle brakes or compensators since they're loud as hell anyways. Shields also get laser pointers for the same reason, otherwise yea don't bother with lasers.

Primaries I'll only single shot with (FAL, HK417, etc) get a muzzle brake, primaries I'll mostly be spraying with (LMGs, etc) get compensators, but most weapons I try to do control bursts with so they all get flash hiders.

Vertical foregrips are for babies that can't handle recoil, angled foregrip is always useful especially when going up against operators like Ash.

Any sort of sight attachment just fucks with your peripheral vision so I stick to iron sights, but ACOGs are especially bad since all they do is narrow your FOV and give you tunnel vision.

Every gun gets the most colourful skin available and the unicorn charm, or the chibi drumstick.

I generally follow this guidance (vice the iron sights...which I may start following) and I usually do okay. Several of our regular group use suppressors on their primaries all the time and while it may be unintuitive they do better than me so they are probably more in touch with UbiLogic than me. I like ACOGs on most of my primaries but they are frustratingly jarring to use if you find yourself breaching a room.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I honestly can't make anything less than an ACOG work. Without it half the time my eyes just don't register enemies as a thing I should be shooting at because of their lack of detail and I end up just ignoring them as map geometry. Very frustrating.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah it depends a lot on your comfort with pixel sniping, as well as being able to hold your gun at low ready and snap to targets. Everyone in the crew I play with thinks I'm a weirdo for just using irons, but it's what I'm used to and I have my reasons. :shrug:

Does lead to some funny clips though: http://streamable.com/7b12, https://streamable.com/a1ur

As for the suppressors on primaries thing, they do actually effect the recoil pattern, so if it makes the recoil more agreeable to you then it might be worthwhile. I just personally would rather have the maximum damage potential over recoil mitigation.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I hate the irons in this game

• Locked thread