Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lurdiak posted:

You can never make fun of my taste in video games ever again.

Taste in video games? More like Taste in anything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

... How have you never heard of Kate Beaton who has been posted in multiple threads I know you've read.

Edit: Including this one! For the Spider-Man panels posted above which have been posted before!

I tend to ignore pretty much any web comic stuff because it's not something that interests me. I mean I don't expect everyone here to know about everything I like either. We all have different taste.

And if you think I actually look at every thread or read every post in every thread I even post in I have no idea what to tell you. Not even close.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

X-O posted:

I tend to ignore pretty much any web comic stuff because it's not something that interests me. I mean I don't expect everyone here to know about everything I like either. We all have different taste.

And if you think I actually look at every thread or read every post in every thread I even post in I have no idea what to tell you. Not even close.
Then why did you enforce those tastes by telling everyone to stop posting the thing you don't like?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: I'll drop it since you already answered!

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 27, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ariong posted:

Then why did you enforce those tastes by telling everyone to stop posting the thing you don't like?

I didn't. Flintstones is posted all the time in here for some reason. I honestly thought the Cloak and Dagger thing was poor attempt at making a web comic and not something people actually knew of and enjoyed. I have been informed now that it's someone I didn't know of and is popular and it's fine. I first viewed it the same way I would when someone posted obvious edited panels in this thread. I didn't think it was something seriously made is what I'm saying. We all make mistakes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not good enough. OFF WITH HIS HEAD! VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

NO MODS

NO MASTERS

ONLY FUNNY PANELS

POSSIBLY KING BABIES

From... uh... King Baby.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

X-O posted:

I didn't. Flintstones is posted all the time in here for some reason. I honestly thought the Cloak and Dagger thing was poor attempt at making a web comic and not something people actually knew of and enjoyed. I have been informed now that it's someone I didn't know of and is popular and it's fine. I first viewed it the same way I would when someone posted obvious edited panels in this thread. I didn't think it was something seriously made is what I'm saying. We all make mistakes.

I forgive you :kiss:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Now that web comic is funny. And maybe a little too real. Is it the same person?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

X-O posted:

Now that web comic is funny. And maybe a little too real. Is it the same person?

King Baby is actually one of her print-only works. Although she made some quick doodles for Twitter and the like.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Curse Words #2.

So you're playing the role of a good guy, except an entire stadium just saw you melt the face off a dude with magic, what do you do?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Curse Words is so goddamned good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also, there's a magic gem that's in possession of a dictator in exile. He cant just take it, it needs to be exchanged freely.

"Make me twenty." "Deal!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is that the artist from God Hate Astronauts? And if so is it as crazy as God Hates Astronauts? Actually strike that, I'm not sure that's possible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Story: Charles Soule
Art: Jordan Boyd, Ryan Browne

Looks like it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the first issue he fights a dude who's wand is a dick and balls.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

In the first issue he fights a dude who's wand is a dick and balls.

But is there a character named Admiral Tiger Eating a Cheeseburger who is in fact that very thing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

But is there a character named Admiral Tiger Eating a Cheeseburger who is in fact that very thing?

I mean, not yet.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Black Panther #15 (Priest's run specifically)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

"I'm no doctor but maybe if I give you a bj your stab wounds will heal faster."

I'd point out that it's probably about cat's using their saliva to disinfect wounds or promote clotting or something, but I think that's the same WCA run that literally had a subplot where Tigra went into heat and lost a fight because she was too horny.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

Yeah. She's been doing the comic for ages (I think it's pretty much done now except for the occasional spark of inspiration) and the quality's varied depending on her free time. Waiting behind a counter at a museum vs sketching on the lunch break or just some idea she scrawled out. King Baby was the long-effort actual drawing job.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Gaz-L posted:

I'd point out that it's probably about cat's using their saliva to disinfect wounds or promote clotting or something, but I think that's the same WCA run that literally had a subplot where Tigra went into heat and lost a fight because she was too horny.

Tigra in general, from what I've read, is a pretty terrible and embarrassing character.

But if her being around gets us the occasional laugh...

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Red posted:

Tigra in general, from what I've read, is a pretty terrible and embarrassing character.

Her really early stuff is decent; she was actually co-created by Wally Wood, which I didn't know until just now. Then she fell into the West Coast Avengers, which is loving goofy until John Byrne shows up, and Byrne proceeded to do some weird devolution story with her that lasted for roughly six thousand years. I don't think anyone had the guts to use her as anything other than a background appearance after that until Bendis.

When he was writing Avengers Academy, Christos Gage probably gave her the fairest shake she's had since the '70s. Somebody could probably come along and do a pretty good Tigra book, honestly; she's an ex-cop who fell backward into a weird mystical origin, which she used to be a private investigator for a while before joining the Avengers. She's now a single mom with a kid who's got tricky genetics. I don't know what's worse for William Nelson; that his mom is a half-human, half-jungle cat hybrid, or that his dad's the Skrull version of Hank Pym.

There's no way she'd sell comics in the current environment, but you could do a pretty fun OGN or something with Tigra as long as you glossed over a good 50-75% of her character history and gave her a new outfit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats a smart move, putting the towel on the sofa. Cat hair gets everywhere.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Red posted:

She's a catgirl superhero who walks around in a bikini all the time. It's like the Fetish Singularity.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

X-O posted:

I mean she might be fine, I've never heard of her, but that Cloak and Dagger comic looks like something scribbled on the back of a napkin and thrown away and is about as funny as you'd think something like that would be. I thought it was something one of you just made up in MS Paint or something. But if that's something people actually like then it's fine. To each their own I suppose. Just doesn't appeal to me.

shut up

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Selachian posted:

She's a catgirl superhero who walks around in a bikini all the time. It's like the Fetish Singularity.

Superheroines in general tend to be pretty fetish fuel already, adding tiger stripes doesn't really make it worse. It's the writing that has made it bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Banned for Mod Sassery

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Selachian posted:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
You're an orphan, who's stopping you?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nilbop posted:

You're an orphan, who's stopping you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFNXVZaMABk&t=182s

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Red posted:

Is this Frank Cho artwork? Tigra's face really looks like Cho's stock face he uses for most of his female characters.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I thought Tigra was a villain who fought Wonder Woman.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
That's Cheetah. Same basic look, spots instead of stripes, very different personality.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I thought Cheetah was a thundercat?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

I thought Cheetah was a thundercat?

That's Cheetor.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rhyno posted:

That's Cheetor.

I thought that was a Transformer.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

SilverSupernova posted:

I thought that was a Transformer.

That's Chester Cheetah.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

haitfais posted:

That's Cheetah. Same basic look, spots instead of stripes, very different personality.

Basically nudist Tigra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Oh, don't make that face: if you don't wanna know, just don't ask!