Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have never been as happy as this man who tricked his friend into eating an egg. Life seems even blander now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Solice Kirsk posted:

I have never been as happy as this man who tricked his friend into eating an egg. Life seems even blander now.

I love it too.

What language was that? It looked like a kinder-egg but I couldn't see the label clearly and who knows if the guy just imported them anyway.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOj_Kpbg9xU

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

his laugh makes it 1000x more funnier

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Why is the guy suplexing a deer?

Because it wouldn't allow itself to be lassoed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Et0a8fnuw

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

marshmallow creep posted:

I love it too.

What language was that? It looked like a kinder-egg but I couldn't see the label clearly and who knows if the guy just imported them anyway.

It sounds like Arabic and I think they look Arabic so that's my guess. Kinder eggs aren't banned everywhere. They just got banned in America because Americans are gluttonous fucks that can't seem to nibble or bother to find out if there's a toy in the chocolate egg. Just shove that whole fucker in your mouth and chew away! Pretty sure they're legal in most other places. There have been surprisingly few deaths because of them.

And yes, I consider them to be a terrible idea. I am surprised they aren't banned everywhere yet.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It sounds like Arabic and I think they look Arabic so that's my guess. Kinder eggs aren't banned everywhere. They just got banned in America because Americans are gluttonous fucks that can't seem to nibble or bother to find out if there's a toy in the chocolate egg. Just shove that whole fucker in your mouth and chew away! Pretty sure they're legal in most other places. There have been surprisingly few deaths because of them.

And yes, I consider them to be a terrible idea. I am surprised they aren't banned everywhere yet.

lol

Also, I know a place nearby where I can get Kinder Eggs in America. I bought one once. It had a little dude inside that brandished a big ol' chicken drumstick. :ninja:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You mean like SA emote action figures? :btroll:

.... brb, got a proposal to write up

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ToxicSlurpee posted:

They are not banned anymore, and the original reason they were banned was because Nestlé chocolate is poo poo and they lobbied to kill the competitor.

Have you ever TRIED kinder chocolate? poo poo is divine.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

They are not banned anymore, and the original reason they were banned was because Nestlé chocolate is poo poo and they lobbied to kill the competitor.

Have you ever TRIED kinder chocolate? poo poo is divine.

I've never seen Kinder chocolate in person.

I actually gave up stuff like Nestle, Hershey's, and what have you because, you know, slaves.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Are you America?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Moms demand action

Yeah they do :heysexy:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I actually gave up stuff like Nestle, Hershey's, and what have you because, you know, slaves.

I only recently encountered it at a euro deli my wife likes to shop at.

It changed my life.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

Yeah they do :heysexy:

Erin Brokovich has taught us a lot.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Nestle double-blend is excellent (if you can ever find it), but the only reason anyone needs to give up on Hershey's is that it tastes like brown soap. I sometimes feel sad for Americans when I try what they think is chocolate but I guess they're used to it. I think the stuff here in Australia is second-rate because of the extra stuff they add to it to make it more stable at higher temperatures. The same brand of chocolate from the UK always tastes better.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gromit posted:

Nestle double-blend is excellent (if you can ever find it), but the only reason anyone needs to give up on Hershey's is that it tastes like brown soap. I sometimes feel sad for Americans when I try what they think is chocolate but I guess they're used to it. I think the stuff here in Australia is second-rate because of the extra stuff they add to it to make it more stable at higher temperatures. The same brand of chocolate from the UK always tastes better.

Hershey's chocolate doesn't taste like soap, it tastes like vomit and sugar if it was possible for vomit and sugar to spoil.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.

Gromit posted:

You know there is other chocolate in America right? Like, Hershey's is the cheap poo poo you impulse buy at the register when waiting to check out. I'm not sure why people from outside the us assume us poor Americans can only get nestle Choco-flavored rations. Within 3 miles of my house are 2 chocolate shops that make amazing chocolate.

ETA: CHOCOLATE!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O8gBlW4Fb8&hd=1&t=36s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Woodburger posted:

You know there is other chocolate in America right? Like, Hershey's is the cheap poo poo you impulse buy at the register when waiting to check out. I'm not sure why people from outside the us assume us poor Americans can only get nestle Choco-flavored rations. Within 3 miles of my house are 2 chocolate shops that make amazing chocolate.

Do those shops sell internationally and try to convince the rest of the world that, yes, they're supposed to taste like vomit?

Because if not, I think I might just have found your answer.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

How do you people know what vomit tastes like?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Vomit goes through the mouth. When it goes through the rear end it's called poo poo.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Just lol at anyone who has ever vomited at any point in their life

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gromit posted:

Hershey's chocolate (and probably others) in the U.S. probably has a poo poo load of palm oil. Hershey's' in particular is made as cheaply as possible. Good chocolate companies don't go for high volume while Hershey's goes for maximum volume. So you have them wanting to reduce costs while still making it taste vaguely chocolately. Americans, gluttanous, sugar-addicted pigs that we are, just buy whatever sweet garbage we can get in the highest volume so making ridiculously cheap Hershey's bars makes piles and piles of money. Meanwhile Hershey's tries to get rid of the expensive ingredients and replace it with cheaper stuff. I heard that there are some "chocolate" products that have zero actual cocoa in them.

Evilreaver posted:

Just lol at anyone who has ever vomited at any point in their life

lol if you don't have Enrique vomit for you.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hershey's chocolate doesn't taste like soap, it tastes like vomit and sugar if it was possible for vomit and sugar to spoil.
By rights this should be a bit like toffee.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
Talking about chocolate makes me want that cadbury chocolate that has the popping candy in it.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Just to add to choco chat, I had an uncle who worked at the hershey's factory in the 30s and 40s. He and more than a few of his co-workers chewed tobacco. There were no cuspidors and they certainly were not allowed to spit on the floor.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

dee eight posted:

Just to add to choco chat, I had an uncle who worked at the hershey's factory in the 30s and 40s. He and more than a few of his co-workers chewed tobacco. There were no cuspidors and they certainly were not allowed to spit on the floor.

jesus, that sounds awful.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
If you aren't eating exclusively 75% cocoa or more chocolate then I don't know what is wrong with you.

Seriously, milk chocolate is just cloyingly sweet - there should be at least an undercurrent of bitterness.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Breetai posted:

If you aren't eating exclusively 75% cocoa or more chocolate then I don't know what is wrong with you.

Seriously, milk chocolate is just cloyingly sweet - there should be at least an undercurrent of bitterness.

Don't sign your posts

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Do women still love to receive chocolates in 2017?

I am just a huge loving old and am out of touch.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RoDy1oqS-E

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alright, which one of you is this?

https://twitter.com/BrettSVergara/status/836070408579330049

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I heard that there are some "chocolate" products that have zero actual cocoa in them.

Yeah, white chocolate.

Seriously guys, treat chocolate like wine. The Lindt and Ghirardelli stuff in the supermarkets is a good place to start, but do yourselves a favor and go to chocosphere.com and order yourself some 70%+ Amedei or some Domori single-origins (my favorite is the Sambirano, it tastes like sour cherries), or some of the year-labeled estate vintages from Valrhona. Or do what I do once in a while, get a 3-month subscription to their chocolate-of-the-month club, specify dark bars only, and let them surprise you. Most of what you'll get is European, but there are plenty of US chocolate makers who adhere to the same standards and make stuff just as highly rated (Scharffen Berger is the first that jumps to mind, but Guittard is way better).

(Note I'm not mentioning Mast Brothers, they're a bit disgraced in the industry, thanks to work by the same food blogger that exposed Noka as frauds a few years back, fuckin lol)

Side bonus, you eat it in small enough quantities that it won't make you fat, and you'll never be tempted by a Fun Size Krackel again

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Yeah, white chocolate.

Seriously guys, treat chocolate like wine. The Lindt and Ghirardelli stuff in the supermarkets is a good place to start, but do yourselves a favor and go to chocosphere.com and order yourself some 70%+ Amedei or some Domori single-origins (my favorite is the Sambirano, it tastes like sour cherries), or some of the year-labeled estate vintages from Valrhona. Or do what I do once in a while, get a 3-month subscription to their chocolate-of-the-month club, specify dark bars only, and let them surprise you. Most of what you'll get is European, but there are plenty of US chocolate makers who adhere to the same standards and make stuff just as highly rated (Scharffen Berger is the first that jumps to mind, but Guittard is way better).

(Note I'm not mentioning Mast Brothers, they're a bit disgraced in the industry, thanks to work by the same food blogger that exposed Noka as frauds a few years back, fuckin lol)

Side bonus, you eat it in small enough quantities that it won't make you fat, and you'll never be tempted by a Fun Size Krackel again

The wine analogy is a good one. Hershey's is to the rest of chocolate what Boone's Farm is to wine.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Woodburger posted:

You don't get to say American chocolate is great and then say there's an artisanal store that makes great stuff. There's probably a place in Tibet that makes amazing chocolate. You have to talk about the mass-market stuff and in that case US chocolate is brown sadness.
And dark chocolate is only enjoyed ironically by beret-lovers. :colbert: Real fans smash a family-sized block of milk choc in one sitting. Re-sealable packs are for amateurs.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Gromit posted:

You don't get to say American chocolate is great and then say there's an artisanal store that makes great stuff. There's probably a place in Tibet that makes amazing chocolate. You have to talk about the mass-market stuff and in that case US chocolate is brown sadness.
And dark chocolate is only enjoyed ironically by beret-lovers. :colbert: Real fans smash a family-sized block of milk choc in one sitting. Re-sealable packs are for amateurs.

I can get non-garbage chocolate in my local grocery store. His point was that people act like all chocolate in the US is garbage, and that isn't the case.

Also: dark chocolate rules. :c00lbert:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
When someone claims kinder chocolate is "divine" we can safely say American chocolate must be poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Hershey's. Fight me irl. :colbert:

• Locked thread