Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I overdid my core during my workout yesterday, so my abs hurt more than I was expecting.

I generally get out of bed like a vampire, but they are sore enough that I'm going to have to roll out of bed instead of just lifting my torso up for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

MisterBibs posted:

I overdid my core during my workout yesterday, so my abs hurt more than I was expecting.

I generally get out of bed like a vampire, but they are sore enough that I'm going to have to roll out of bed instead of just lifting my torso up for a while.

Your toes must be really strong to be able to clamp to the bedframe.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

Your toes must be really strong to be able to clamp to the bedframe.

Nah, just tucked in sheets so that, at least torso-wise, I can totally pull it off.

Another FWP: I get mildly annoyed when I go to a store and expect some higher quality service, and I don't get/need it. I went to a running shoe store for new shoes, since they advertise in-depth shoe fitting assistance / gait analysis / that sort of stuff, and I guess my feet are normal enough that I got a pair of shoes without anything fancy. Still thought it would've been cool to experience it.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
My can of drink is 500ml and I ate a big sandwich earlier so I'm having difficulty drinking all of it. :(

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I wanted to buy some orange marmalade but I guess there was a jar of apricot preserves in with the marmalade. Now I still want marmalade but have apricot stuff instead.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I've got a twofer.

I have to log off instead of shutting down the computers at work and it's gotten to the point where every time I'm at home I hesitate before shutting my laptop off. Fuckers.

I have a hangnail on my thumb and it hurts to scroll on my phone.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Breakfast: boiled egg, peanut butter toast, banana.

Burps taste like: rancid tuna salad.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
YouTube vids on my phone keep hanging on loading and I'm bored af while donating plasma.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Terraria keeps soft locking on my laptop

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

I got rid of The Sims 3 from my computer so I wouldn't be tempted to spend all day making Sims, moving them into a neighbourhood, getting their house set up exactly how I want it and then immediately losing all interest and doing the exact same thing the next time.

Just like killing sims in the pool, this is the proper way to play the game.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My supervisor is quitting because her bosses are dickweeds. Her reasons are perfectly valid and I wish her the best, but I really don't want to put up with having yet another supervisor here. Especially since she was the first one in the string of 7 or so who actively did her drat job and looked after us guards at her location :sigh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I absolutely adore my little tree ghost Pokemon, but the game I'm playing is filled with poison/dark opponents, rendering her much more useless than she'd ordinarily be.

Also, she didn't learn any draining moves until like level 52. :sigh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm starting formal training for palliative care and I'm getting very annoyed at myself for finding this exciting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My supervisor is quitting because her bosses are dickweeds. Her reasons are perfectly valid and I wish her the best, but I really don't want to put up with having yet another supervisor here. Especially since she was the first one in the string of 7 or so who actively did her drat job and looked after us guards at her location :sigh:

I've been in similar situations and it suck, friend. Sorry.
The worst is when you get a new manager in and they go, "HO HO HO TIME FOR ME TO CHANGE EVERYTHING SO AS TO SECURE MY LEGACY!" but really have no clue what the day-to-day operations are like.
I'm so happy that my current manager just leaves my team alone unless we come to him with an issue but he could moved to another department with as little as 24 hour notice.

FWP: There are not a huge amount of advancement opportunities at my job and the biggest ones require you to move across the country.
The worst part is that it's not "required" but there is a culture that says you have to go to another site to advance to avoid stagnation.
So the only people that get promoted are either single or have very understanding families.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend can't hang out tonight with me because her estranged husband wants to take her out to dinner (and likely hint she should pay for it because he is in work placement training still), and her roommate is having some crisis that only my friend can solve.

I couldn't go to two parks I wanted to Pokemon Go hunt at today because the fuckers at the Dept of Transportation decided to pull closures on every major highway so traffic is hosed everywhere.

My coworker and I were bitching about something over the phone, and he put me on speakerphone when he went to pick up a delivery, and didn't tell me. So some customers heard me cussing out the fact I was blocking loving traffic trying to make a turn, and gently caress gently caress gently caress Maps because the turn led to a dead-end! At least the customer is cool with hearing me close to explode a dozen fucks in one minute. I hope.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I miss the woman my ex-girlfriend was when I met her.

I broke up with her because she turned into an awful, manipulative, temperamental monster but I miss her anyway.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I miss the woman my ex-girlfriend was when I met her.

I broke up with her because she turned into an awful, manipulative, temperamental monster but I miss her anyway.

:respek::sigh: I know this feeling really well. I used to be really great friends with one of my exes, and... something changed. I'm still not entirely sure what, but now the few times we do talk I have to walk on eggshells. Heaven forbid I get offended by something she say, too, or *I'm* the bad guy for getting all worked up. I'm not entirely sure how you expected me to not be hurt by saying "You weight 2.5x as much as me and my wife, actually :/" to me in a text, woman, how is this a surprise. When you knew I was (and still am) actively trying to lose weight. How the hell is that encouraging, in any fashion?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Malachite_Dragon posted:

*I'm* the bad guy for getting all worked up.

Oh good lord do I know that all too well. Feel like I should actually spend some time in E/N over this. I'm admittedly hurting pretty badly and that was part of it. She'd say, do, or threaten to do things that were 100% not acceptable. As in "lines you never cross if you value the relationship and there is no excuse, ever" types of things then act like I was the jerk for finding it unacceptable. It got to the point that I was the bad guy for not being willing to put up with bad behavior.

Why yes I do just love being yelled at over stupid poo poo. That's the best thing ever! I'll just sit here and listen intently while you scream at me because I asked where one of my books was.

Reminds me of my last two girlfriends as well and some other women I briefly saw over the years. I...have a knack for finding the worst women.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Feb 26, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Inzombiac posted:

The worst is when you get a new manager in and they go, "HO HO HO TIME FOR ME TO CHANGE EVERYTHING SO AS TO SECURE MY LEGACY!" but really have no clue what the day-to-day operations are like.

I had a manager do this, for whatever reason she decided she absolutely HAD to write someone up to show that she was capable I guess, so she picked the navy veteran who's knee was injured in Afghanistan because he missed a day due to have the hinge in his knee replaced. He told the previous manager well in advance too, but the people above her didn't do anything about his complaint because it was 'just a warning' and not a real reprimand :shepface:

Then the company sold the building without giving any of us notice, I was literally told I was laid off ten minutes before my last shift ended. The pay was nice though :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Probably all a setup, but in one of our fish club groups, a lady getting out of the hobby had boxes of brand new supplies, poo poo she had hoarded and never used. gently caress, none of the Amazon boxes had been opened. So she posted in a group email about it, with the only catch you had to take all 20 boxes. I emailed her within minutes because gently caress, I help host a free aquarium expo every March (the ONLY ONE in our loving state) and we could use the supplies as raffle prizes, as donations, etc. Well, someone else emailed her just minutes before I did, and got the lot of it.

Okay fine.

Now the dude has been posting pictures of everything he got, from lights to decor, and setting prices for everything and urging people to come get the great deals before he puts everything on eBay.

You loving fucker, I hope those boxes are infested with scabies.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Tonight they're making pork with onions and chicken rice again.

The past few nights I was half asleep thinking, "why am I drooling so much?" Well I just realized it. Currently drooling like crazy and I'm not even hungry.

The guys above me just hammer drilled. At 10:30pm. Just a short BZZZZT. Why do they do this? It appears they drill in 1/2 inch at a time and do it many times during the week to make the hole, instead of just doing the whole hole at once. This makes no sense. :confused: And considering how much they've been doing it, they must have like 50+ things on their walls. I miss the opera singer :(

In the summer I heard the elevator noise and now I can't unhear it. Half the time I can't sleep because it's just like vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmp every 20 seconds.

It's an old building, yes, but whoever designed it is a moron or cruel or both. Let's make it so the only place you can put your bed is next to 2 elevators and someone else's kitchen! For the neighboring apartment, let's make it so the bedroom is bordering on your neighbor's living room, where they will most likely put a TV (or record player? That thing with the big horn sticking out. Whatever it was in the 30s) on the wall bordering your bedroom! Also let's put a poo poo ton of asbestos in here!!!!!!!

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Feb 27, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

People on guinea pig forums are absolute lunatics.
So many of them know everything and you shouldn't listen to anyone but them or your pig will die.

And then another person with the same attitude responds and they always fight.

I should have guessed when the person running the local rescue accused me of murdering our pig because he died three months after adoption. Bitch, you said he was 100% healthy but the vet found a URI and two separate ear infections and a nasty GI problem. Go gently caress yourself.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I heard some people that run a good local horse rescue here raising their voice and swearing horribly at their sad teen kids in a store today over cat litter and it was hot trash and am turned off of their rescue now despite doing really, really good work. It was gross.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am taking a break from rescue in a few weeks, once this batch of kittens is gone. After three years I am burned the gently caress out.

I do remember, years ago, I wanted to adopt a parrolet, so I looked into the local bird rescues for a sun conure. Every single one had a 10 page adoption agreement, and part of it read you had to have members of the rescue able to come to your house AT ANY TIME to check on the bird. You also had to keep them updated about any moving situations, and had to return the bird if you moved, even just across the city. I did not get a bird.

What was wrong with cat litter, ANUSTART? It's loving litter!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
They're saying they're turned off the rescue centre because they saw the owners berating their kids in public over some cat litter. At least that's how I parse it.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Yeah the girl grabbed some litter for the cat and the ?mom? lost it at her and her ?little brother? cause she wanted to try a new one and it was bizzare and gross and sad :(

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm having absolutely terrible luck with the gacha in Fire Emblem Heroes, but I don't feel like I'm allowed to complain because one of the few good rolls I have gotten landed me the apparent best character in the game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
There are three cyber cafes in town but none of them stock Barqs root beer in their display fridges. Ugh.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Mikl posted:

You'd think that after three years the people at that one university would have learned that my generic name.surname@email-provider.com email address is not, in fact, the email address for their employee who has the same name and surname as me, and yet I still have to reply to Very Important Mails (like financial statements, invoices and such) addressed to that person with "you have the wrong address, check it and resend the message" at least twice per week.

I'd just ignore the mails, but then I'd feel guilty should my samenamebuddy suffer some negative consequences from this.
Some guy in the UK has been booking machinery rentals and hotel stays using my gmail address for years. I contacted several places and asked them to let him know,' the latest hotel must have told him because I haven't gotten anything in a few months. I hope his home renovations went well and he enjoyed his vacations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I didn't get into the grad school I wanted.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought some Kit-Kat ice cream and that's all I want to eat.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I realised that ever since I grew up and became more politically savvy, I have been unable to enjoy any Tom Clancy book.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
The 'feature' of my alarm timer getting a dark background if my phone thinks it'll be dark out at the time it's set just makes early morning starts extra depressing.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Where the hell did the thread title come from?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Conversation about blue balls, the quoted post has itself two quotes if you click through.

Clamps McGraw posted:

Just jerk off you loving lunatic

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I can't fix a dent in my car because the repairs are worth more an the car.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Mikl posted:

I realised that ever since I grew up and became more politically savvy, I have been unable to enjoy any Tom Clancy book.

This, but with misogyny instead of terrible political opinions. I can't enjoy like 90% of the poo poo I did when I was younger

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
My favorite movie as a kid was Ace Ventura, which is extremely transphobic. Also bad, but that's to be expected

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

yup. can't enjoy hardly any of my favorite comedians anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I learned to accept the hatred and phobias that have existed in society for a long time as what they are and not judge things too harshly. I watch old cartoons from previous decades and I still laugh.

Being a bad person is normal and we all do it. I don't get upset about it much and can appreciate a joke as long as it is good enough.