Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

I hope we get to a point where I get to see that tiger shred the poo poo of one of the saviors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just want to see Negan react to the tiger.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Negan reacts to things like Tom Haverford, he just says it threateningly instead of silly. Here I'll find some quotes.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel bad for JDM. While the writing has been poo poo, he's trying, but every reviewer is booing him off the stage. There is no way Negan is sticking around for long at this point. I will still say however he is far more coherent as a character then the freaking Governor ever was.

Anyone who thinks lovely villains that don't act realistically is a new thing really needs to go back and watch the Woodsberry stuff again. That character was completely random and I still don't know what he was supposed to be about on the show. Hell they turned the prequel comic into a Redemption Arc and then suddenly decided not to be a Redemption arc....

As terrible as Negan is as a character at least I know what he's about, it's just that he's incompetent at his job and has a lot of plot armor that stops what should be constant attempt on his life.

Either way I think the actor deserved a better.. and probably so did the audience.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 28, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Negan will definitely be around for a good long while, they basically spent the last season or two slowly building a single prison cell specifically for him to be available for Coral and Rick to have heart to hearts at will.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

coyo7e posted:

Negan will definitely be around for a good long while, they basically spent the last season or two slowly building a single prison cell specifically for him to be available for Coral and Rick to have heart to hearts at will.

I would agree with you if their ratings weren't tanking and every single review blamed Negan for it. I have absolutely no doubt that was the plan but I have also absolutely no doubt AMC will not want to follow that plan after the disaster that was this season.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

While I appreciate some old school They Might Be Giants, it seemed a little out of place.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
tbt

http://i.imgur.com/HjPa00q.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/1BZM5cy.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/0RzYBZ5.gifv

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I liked the "no, you can't have lobster, what do you think this is" exchange at the beginning

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Negan reacts to things like Tom Haverford, he just says it threateningly instead of silly. Here I'll find some quotes.

Whoa, that works really well.

I've never noticed the blood spatter before. How does that work?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 28, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

Whoa, that works really well.

I've never noticed the blood spatter before. How does that work?

Best the directors of The Walking Dead believe strongly in the MST3k quote "Space is warped, and time is bendable!"

See: The van fall, and how Beth got shot in the forehead from an underhanded shot at her torso (because I'm still not letting that poo poo go)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You are a coward

That is a correct assessment

holy poo poo why was this episode so good

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Some simple fixes for S7 of the Walking Dead.

1) Never mention the Junkyard People again.

2) Make Eugene the main character.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

"Oh MAN! Get the gently caress outta town! GodDAMN! I mean, poo poo, I got a guy who poured molten loving metal on my zombies, but THIS? THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER loving SEEN! You guys got a goddamn TIGER?! Ezekiel old KIng, you been holdin' out on me! poo poo, it was WORTH gettin' captured and defeated for this!"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Blazing Ownager posted:

I feel bad for JDM. While the writing has been poo poo, he's trying, but every reviewer is booing him off the stage. There is no way Negan is sticking around for long at this point. I will still say however he is far more coherent as a character then the freaking Governor ever was.

He leans back too much. It's ridiculous, he's doing it constantly during every sentence. It's just so noticable and it feels so "off".

And I was glad that they didn't set Eugene up to join the Saviours. That's what i thought was coming.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

moist turtleneck posted:

holy poo poo why was this episode so good

It took a concept that really should have worked earlier in the season (Daryl and Carl trapped in Saviortown) but used a likeable and interesting character this time.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I am loving all this nuanced discussion, but I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this entire season somehow is taking place over like, a week.

I will say that somehow, they managed to create a somewhat developed character in Dwight who has gone from thug to guy you feel a little badly for.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Taear posted:

And I was glad that they didn't set Eugene up to join the Saviours. That's what i thought was coming.

At this point I'm hoping Eugene kills Negan himself. :allears: Previously I thought only Ezekiel and/or the tiger had the sheer levels of ham to be worthy of the kill, but this episode was too good. Eugene has come back to us.

Also the junk people and their menacing group shuffle were terrible, but at the same time I'm completely ready for the show to just go full over the top Mad Max by the time the post-apocalyptic gang war rolls around, so I'm kinda conflicted.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarklyDreaming posted:

It took a concept that really should have worked earlier in the season (Daryl and Carl trapped in Saviortown) but used a likeable and interesting character this time.

They finally showed why people work for Negan.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

mushroom_spore posted:

At this point I'm hoping Eugene kills Negan himself. :allears: Previously I thought only Ezekiel and/or the tiger had the sheer levels of ham to be worthy of the kill, but this episode was too good. Eugene has come back to us.

Also the junk people and their menacing group shuffle were terrible, but at the same time I'm completely ready for the show to just go full over the top Mad Max by the time the post-apocalyptic gang war rolls around, so I'm kinda conflicted.

I hope Ezekiel and the Trash Lady meet and they find lots to talk about.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Blazing Ownager posted:

I would agree with you if their ratings weren't tanking and every single review blamed Negan for it. I have absolutely no doubt that was the plan but I have also absolutely no doubt AMC will not want to follow that plan after the disaster that was this season.

Why are they blaming Negan for decreased ratings? JDM is doing a drat decent job of it, even though the writing is mediocre.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Negan stops being a random unpredictable wildcard as soon as you realize he only kills people for show.

It's not at all unrealistic, but the show hasn't called much attention to it yet. You're safe alone with him, but probably hosed if he's playing the crowd.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Taear posted:

He leans back too much. It's ridiculous, he's doing it constantly during every sentence. It's just so noticable and it feels so "off".

He also is built like a thin noodle that pretty much any of the main cast could probably break in half. Yeah, the constant backbends of each line that is delivered identically got old about 1 minute after he was first introduced.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kelly posted:

I am loving all this nuanced discussion, but I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this entire season somehow is taking place over like, a week.

I will say that somehow, they managed to create a somewhat developed character in Dwight who has gone from thug to guy you feel a little badly for.

Up until he framed the doctor because

reasons?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Fog Tripper posted:

Up until he framed the doctor because

reasons?

Dwight found out how to "hack" Negan.

Negan's entire MO is that he will always exact punishment. He will break everyone, make them do what they hate most, and go too far, and then he owns them. He will always get justice. He will always get you back if you cross him. You cannot escape. He will send guys to hunt you down, he knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake. You can't fool him, because he's always one step ahead of you.

Dwight knew that if Darryl escaped he'd be blamed. If Sherry let Darryl go he'd be blamed. If he didn't find and kill Sherry (and bring her back, un-mercied with a head shot like his friend) he'd be blamed. Negan's big hope would be to pin this on Dwight and publicly punish him. But instead, Dwight planted the note. That was enough to get Negan's wheels turning. He could deduce the plan, the Big Conspiracy. He had figured it out, classic Negan. You can't pull one over on ol Negan! I'd be willing to bet that Dwight left that note somewhere for some other mook to find, and waited til Negan came to him to ask if it was Sherry's handwriting. So the Doc is dead, Negan thinks he's once again singlehandedly figured out a conspiracy against himself, and Dwight appears ultra-loyal.

Eugene is going down the same road. Through cowardace, but also some intelligence, he rapidly figured out the way to beat Negan was not to fight it like Darryl, but to give in fast. Now if indeed he's actually just pretending and not really selling out, he'll be in a great position to take Negan down from the inside and help Rick, through sabotage or valuable intel about the cracks in the Savior organization. He was even smart enough to not help the women, since they were either tricking him on behest of Negan as a test or because he reasoned they might fail and it wasn't worth it.

Negan's entire method of rule is based on being scary and unpredictable. You think he's gonna kill you, he rewards you. You think he's gonna let you go, he hurts or kills you. You can't predict where he'll go next. But there are patterns in there, and Dwight and Eugene have found them.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

mushroom_spore posted:

Previously I thought only Ezekiel and/or the tiger had the sheer levels of ham to be worthy of the kill, but this episode was too good.

Jesus is also a strong contender.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Not long enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ5yb6IPcZc

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jfc that episode was a piece of trash, but it was like a piece of trash with five bucks buried in it so it's better than the other garbage episodes

Lobster scene was the best followed by the doc taking a flame nap, he'll be back next ep with just some burns on his face just watch

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

Lobster scene was the best followed by the doc taking a flame nap, he'll be back next ep with just some burns on his face just watch

He should have found a dumpster, Negan would have never found him

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I've given it some thought and those saying that Neegans actor is doing a good job are both right and wrong. He is likely nailing exactly what the writers/directors want, while doing the same backbend for every line delivered the same exact way. He may be a good actor, but the character is poo poo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I actually liked this episode, and nary a zombie kill in sight

It's weird, they had things like realistic character progression and plot development. They should try to do that more often

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm hoping that next episode Eugene mentions that lobster populations are probably booming right now and a few fishing trips to the coast could feed everyone like kings for a night.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Senor Tron posted:

I'm hoping that next episode Eugene mentions that lobster populations are probably booming right now and a few fishing trips to the coast could feed everyone like kings for a night.

We'll get a few episode of Rick struggling getting everyone together to fight the saviors all building up to the finale where they storm the saviors HQ only to find that Eugene has turned it into a utopia. Also implemented democracy and a better currency and Negan is a cool and good dude now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Senor Tron posted:

This show has really failed in showing how animal populations would explode during the zombie apocalypse.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

moist turtleneck posted:

I actually liked this episode, and nary a zombie kill in sight

It's weird, they had things like realistic character progression and plot development. They should try to do that more often

Plot? That's that muck you force yourself through to get to gratuitous violence and zombie killin', right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Since all pest control stopped, sometime in the first or second season there should've been an episode where ants were just everywhere

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Guy Goodbody posted:

Since all pest control stopped, sometime in the first or second season there should've been an episode where ants were just everywhere

They're busy still eating the dumb "mom?" dead kid's cookie

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Guy Goodbody posted:

Speaking of bugs, shouldn't walkers basically be walking clouds of flies and all sorts of other bugs?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The answer to all animals is zombies ate them, even the ants, also ate all of the sickness in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Speaking of bugs, shouldn't walkers basically be walking clouds of flies and all sorts of other bugs?

I was thinking about this, there would've been lots of corpses right after the zombie apocalypse. Not just human corpses, most livestock would've died too. So presumably the sudden massive increase in food would've led to a population boom in carrion eaters, like vultures. But after that initial corpse boom, the creation of corpses would've slowed down a lot. Maybe it would've been offset by the crash parts of population booms in other animals, like deer or whatever. But still, I think the vulture population boom would've hit food scarcity really quick.

I believe that in a zombie apocalypse, the selection pressure on vultures would lead to behavioral changes. Specifically, I believe that vultures would very quickly adapt to be less picky about whether or not a corpse was moving

The Walking Dead is bullshit because it doesn't have packs of zombie-hunting vultures.