Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson.
it's gonna be a long year for the ol' White Sox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Phonoxen posted:

it's gonna be a long year for the ol' White Sox

MLB is pretty top heavy right now but at least the wild cards in the AL should be a race.

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

cis autodrag posted:

The vintage baseball league fell through. I was the only female sign-up and the manager started by asking if my tits would interfere with baserunning. gently caress that. Hopefully I can get on a rec softball team this summer.

Not only is that sexist as poo poo, it's also dumb as hell. I would love for my vintage team to have a woman. One it's historically accurate and two those dresses are a godsend in the field. The vast, vast majority of errors take place at first base because it turns out trying to catch a baseball that some dude whips at you because he forgets you're not wearing a glove is pretty difficult. There's a team that we play fairly regularly that has a woman in one of those huge bustle dresses and she plays first. She uses that huge dress to stop everything that comes at her so she basically makes zero errors, it's a huge advantage.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

cis autodrag posted:

The vintage baseball league fell through. I was the only female sign-up and the manager started by asking if my tits would interfere with baserunning. gently caress that. Hopefully I can get on a rec softball team this summer.

What a loving goony loser.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

DeepDickPizza posted:

How'd you guys miss this one?

My AA assignment team's pretty obscure, you probably haven't heard of it

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If anything, testicles get in the way of regular sporting activities way more than breasts would.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

cis autodrag posted:

That's really lame. If it was a beer league there were probably a handful of dudes with bigger stuff than you anyway

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Non-competitive co-ed wiffle-ball is also a good idea if you're not into softball. Smaller fields and weather really even out the competition because you can't just send body builders out there to try to hit the ball 450 feet every time.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

If anything, testicles get in the way of regular sporting activities way more than breasts would.

A ground ball to the nuts is a much more likely scenario.

We have a woman playing on one of my baseball teams, wife of one of the players. She got tired of softball and decided to try baseball and it's worked out well. People are dumb.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The only person I hated catching in high school was a girl because her fastball hurt my hand if I caught it on a thin spot in the padding (it was an old glove so it had a lot of those).

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

tadashi posted:

Non-competitive co-ed wiffle-ball is also a good idea if you're not into softball. Smaller fields and weather really even out the competition because you can't just send body builders out there to try to hit the ball 450 feet every time.

My last wiffle ball team ended in the final four of the season with the opposing team's captain getting ejected for complaining about literally every play to the refs. Then our captain got ejected with about a minute left for throwing her bat at the opposing pitcher and screaming that she shouldn't be allowed to pitch anymore because she was throwing overhand and too fast. We lost and our entire team stayed for the title game to cheer against the team that beat us. They lost and it was basically as good as winning.

Would highly recommend.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That sounds just like real baseball playoffs

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Poque posted:

My last wiffle ball team ended in the final four of the season with the opposing team's captain getting ejected for complaining about literally every play to the refs. Then our captain got ejected with about a minute left for throwing her bat at the opposing pitcher and screaming that she shouldn't be allowed to pitch anymore because she was throwing overhand and too fast. We lost and our entire team stayed for the title game to cheer against the team that beat us. They lost and it was basically as good as winning.

Would highly recommend.

I pimped a HR only to watch someone jump up and knock it back into play. Chaos ensued. Wiffle ball is great.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Poque posted:

Would highly recommend.

this sounds great, especially if i am allowed to drink at the same time.

i am going to be in chicago for the lady gaga concert at wrigely this year, we should have a goonmeet.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
God dammit have we had a Schwarbomb yet? We haven't had one since spring training of last year when he was breaking windshields.

I feel like a junkie. I need some Beefy Lad homers.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Alright so I've narrowed it down to these two pictures:

and

I really like the first one but he's not #2 anymore. I like the glove hat thing he does but can't come up with anything clever. Best I've got so far is: "Please don't kill Dansby, he's so young and innocent"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Joey Freshwater posted:

and

I really like the first one but he's not #2 anymore. I like the glove hat thing he does but can't come up with anything clever. Best I've got so far is: "Please don't kill Dansby, he's so young and innocent"

I feel like there's a clear "glovework" joke to be made here but I can't put my finger on it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Joey Freshwater posted:

and

Whatever caption you end up choosing, I've always been partial to the "Dansbae" portmanteau.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

this one imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This one is the easy pick for me

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Joey Freshwater posted:

and

I feel like this should say something about catching a Dansby

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Watching the Mets game yesterday, I was shocked to see that David Wright is still alive and playing baseball.

Wellllllp:
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/836581112839294977

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I wish Mets Twitter could get it through its thick loving skull that "I hope David Wright retires because gently caress that guy" and "I hope that if given the choice between NOT allowing baseball to debilitate him permanently beyond repair and continuing to play even though his vertebrae are being ground into a fine powder, he chooses the former" are two different statements.

edit: proofread, then post

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 28, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

and

Braves defense

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

I feel like there's a clear "glovework" joke to be made here but I can't put my finger on it.

Explosionface posted:

YeahTubaMike posted:

Whatever caption you end up choosing, I've always been partial to the "Dansbae" portmanteau.

These three could be something good....Caught me a Dansbae? Dansbae caught me like....? What do the kids say these days?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Joey Freshwater posted:

These three could be something good....Caught me a Dansbae? Dansbae caught me like....? What do the kids say these days?

Dansbae got me catching feelings

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Pussy Boss posted:

Watching the Mets game yesterday, I was shocked to see that David Wright is still alive and playing baseball.

Wellllllp:
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/836581112839294977

There must have been a stiff breeze.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

Boom. Done

and like everyone I've ever had as my avatar, expect Dansby to immediately start sucking or get traded.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Joey Freshwater posted:

Boom. Done

and like everyone I've ever had as my avatar, expect Dansby to immediately start sucking or get traded.

:hfive:

I'm 2 for 2 on picking Yankees prospects who then immediately leave the team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Inspector_666 posted:

This is why I've stuck with a dead coach (and sadly now dead link) for years.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

RIP Dansby

Shelby Miller for Ender Inciarte straight up was still a really good trade

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector_666 posted:

So will you be getting a Gleyber Torres avatar?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Boom. Done

There's a reason I haven't gone back to garzatars. I just want that motherfucker to go away forever.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike posted:

Explosionface posted:

Inspector_666 posted:

Great teamwork, everyone! :hfive:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Boom. Done

I like it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

TMMadman posted:

So will you be getting a Gleyber Torres avatar?

Well so far it's been Slade and Gamel, so I usually dwell in the lower end of the top 30 lists.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My track record from memory is

Leo Mazzone (retired)
Brian McCann (left for Yankees)
Cadillac Williams (broken)
Josh Freeman (headcase)
Butch Jones (TBD)

I'm sure there were others

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ayers/98527888/

Two-minute time limit on instant replay. Starting this season, if I'm reading the article right.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ayers/98527888/

Two-minute time limit on instant replay. Starting this season, if I'm reading the article right.
All this is going to do is lead to fewer overturned calls, including plenty of cases where the evidence is fairly clear but the Umps in NYC can't convince themselves because of whatever dumb minutia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

All this is going to do is lead to fewer overturned calls, including plenty of cases where the evidence is fairly clear but the Umps in NYC can't convince themselves because of whatever dumb minutia.

Technically atoms never touch so can one truly ever be "out"?

• Locked thread