Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

SgtSteel91 posted:

I think the all look pretty neat :shrug:

Same, I'm excited for this game and its cool looking worlds and aliens and I can't wait to experience all the new stuff for the first time :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

All companions look good.

Except that drat Asari.

Peebee

Peebee

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
You guys are in the wrong thread. ITT we poo poo on this game that we've all already pre-ordered/are going to buy, and the company that made it and all the other games they made that we played for hours on end.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Fade in, Bioware Studios: A person sits behind a desk, while two other people watch him mashing a barbie doll painted blue into a ken doll with the word "BISEXUAL" written on its chest.

"MAKE IT THIS" the masher screams, over and over.

:lol:

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
im excited for the game too. but both jall & peebee are dressed like fuccboys and liam looks like hes wearing three jumpers under his jacket and has too many layers on underneath that concept artists love to design their characters wearin

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't mind PeeBee and I haven't heard a satisfactory reason for why so many people are upset about her

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I actually like Jaal's space poncho and I'm going to be disappointed if Quarians do appear in Andromeda and they don't have similar ponchos or hoods like that.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I like the way the companions look and do not understand the hatred for Jaal's poncho.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

im excited for the game too. but both jall & peebee are dressed like fuccboys and liam looks like hes wearing three jumpers under his jacket and has too many layers on underneath that concept artists love to design their characters wearin

I think the reaction would be one of general puzzlement if Bioware characters started looking like normal people wearing functional work apparel.

Except Diana Allers; holy poo poo, woman, you're a war reporter, not a guest at a cocktail party for hookers.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Peebee has a certain autismal look and Fred Flintstone chin.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
pebee lose that dumb purple tactical jacket wit midriff exposed look because its not working. lose that pointless chest belt too. wax yr drat eyebrows and watch a dam youtube video on how to work your eyeshadow girl

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Miranda actually looked pretty good in her alternate appearance (the all black armor), I hope we get a similar sensible outfit for Peebee.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So peebbee isnt sexy enough??

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zzulu posted:

I don't mind PeeBee and I haven't heard a satisfactory reason for why so many people are upset about her

shes going to be the wacky meme character and I have no confidence in bioware's ability to write a character like that to not be extremely annoying

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Zzulu posted:

So peebbee isnt sexy enough??

no peebee looks like she was designed by concept artist dorks rather than by someone that knows how to put together a good fit

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why is squad alien a pebis

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

She's an asari

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Where's the "she's gonna be the meme silly character" coming from? Did I miss a gameplay vid

honest question because I haven't seen much about the characters personally

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I'm going to buy that art book when it comes out, because I loving love art books. So much so that I bought the WoW one a few months back. I haven't played WoW for eight years.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Zzulu posted:

Where's the "she's gonna be the meme silly character" coming from? Did I miss a gameplay vid

Only thing I can think of is that entrance video where she tackles Dick Ryder and lands on top of him and it's quirky! Spork!

But yeah, other than that, I got nothing.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Zzulu posted:

Goons latched onto her right away with a burning, fiery hatred. And I given we've only seen stuff that is about as harmless as popcorn action movie stuff it doesn't make any sense. There just isn't enough out there to make a judgement about whether the character is bad or not. I'm chalking it up to goons hating everything, especially women who aren't on a pillow case.

It's worth noting that a lot of goons instantly turned on Cora too while just labeling the male character boring.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Mainly her outfit and this blurb from her character bio

quote:

Peebee walks to her own daredevil drumbeat and has an unrivalled thirst for adventure. She’s pathologically independent but manages to maintain a loose, even friendly spirit. Bored with the Milky Way, she would have done anything to join the Initiative – flirt, favors, fudged credentials. But to her, she was just hitching a ride to the great unknown.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Admiral Ray posted:

Only thing I can think of is that entrance video where she tackles Dick Ryder and lands on top of him and it's quirky! Spork!

But yeah, other than that, I got nothing.

She also grins in an early vid, when I don't think we've ever seen an asari (or anybody, really) give more than a Mona Lisa smile.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Trast posted:

It's worth noting that a lot of goons instantly turned on Cora too while just labeling the male character boring.

whats peoples problem with Cora, shes definitely one of the cooler squadmates

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Y'all

I'm at the main website trying to get a free helmet watching these videos; it says I need 6 training videos. There are 5 videos, I've got credit for 5/6. Can someone tell me wtf?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

I have no idea man.

black.lion posted:

Y'all

I'm at the main website trying to get a free helmet watching these videos; it says I need 6 training videos. There are 5 videos, I've got credit for 5/6. Can someone tell me wtf?

They haven't released it yet.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

haven't all the developer interviews with information regarding pebis used all the hot buzzwords to describe her that got applied to sera from dragon age inquisition, i thought that was the root cause of the immediate, visceral hatred

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

People didn't like her hair style and thought her face looked too masculine

I think she's cool too and I hope you can have a 'cool big sister' relationship between her and Ryder

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

She looks like Milo Yianopoulos

idk that Hitler Youth hair cut just isn't a good look

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Crabtree posted:

I kind of miss the ugly ships of the 70s-80s. The millennium falcon looked like it was actually slapped together by scrap from several different derelict ships that somehow worked, however, I doubt you could do that with poo poo made by some SUPER SECRET OPERATION to colonize space. Like maybe in the sequel they could pull that, but here? Nah, you need to make another ship that could look good as in game model in your office.

The Homeworld series still has the best spaceship designs in video games and those designs were inspired by Peter Elson and sci-fi covers from the 70s. Clunky and utilitarian, spiky and sharp, cobbled from garbage, or smooth and refined from millenia of hiding and prepping. Sleek is boring.

e: Both Normandys are cool though

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Tbh, I like Tempest more than the Normandy

I think it's because I like the 'space jet' sort of look the Tempest has going for it

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

haven't all the developer interviews with information regarding pebis used all the hot buzzwords to describe her that got applied to sera from dragon age inquisition, i thought that was the root cause of the immediate, visceral hatred

It's not a good sign, true. But it's too soon to say if it's just dumb hype or if it's Sera 2.0, Sera in Space!

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
The only person we truly hate in the Mass Effect universe is ourselves.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Trast posted:

It's not a good sign, true. But it's too soon to say if it's just dumb hype or if it's Sera 2.0, Sera in Space!

With what little we've hear from her, Peebee doesn't have a obnoxious accept and can speak in complete sentences.

So she has that going for her.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
is the game out yet

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

is the game out yet
March 21/23 depending on where you live

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Sapozhnik posted:

I have known way too many obnoxious people in reality with that haircut. I don't know Milo personally but yeah that's not helping matters.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
cora harper looks movie quality sci-fi tho, like u could see her character design in an aliens film. the rest, ehhhhhh

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sapozhnik posted:

Well, she's probably the Illusive Man's daughter, and he's horribly right wing. So... literal Hitler youth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

Everything above the neck.