Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Tender Bender posted:

Austin did a good insightful talk about why he likes Breath of the Wild on his podcast last Friday. He's an interesting dude and it's too bad he now has Patrick to bounce off of instead of the beast crew.

Are the other people on the show any good? I listened to the first 4 or 5 Waypoint podcasts then had to give up because Patrick is so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fumaofthelake posted:

Are the other people on the show any good? I listened to the first 4 or 5 Waypoint podcasts then had to give up because Patrick is so bad.

Danielle is pretty good actually. They turn to their injokes/"bastion fucks" meme stuff pretty often but aside from that she and Austin are fine. But yeah Patrick is really, incredibly bad, you kinda have to look at the episode description and see if the game they're talking about is worth listening to Patrick. I was hungry for Breath of the Wild stuff and Austin does a good spoiler-free job of getting me crazy hyped for the game, by talking about what it does well in terms of rewarding exploration, how its systems interact, and comparing it to another open world game he's not as keen on, Horizon Zero Dawn. If that sounds good to you I'd give it a listen.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 28, 2017

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

you gotta be careful if the schadenfreude of listening them sob over Trump gives you an erection lasting longer than 4 hours

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

dipple posted:

you gotta be careful if the schadenfreude of listening them sob over Trump gives you an erection lasting longer than 4 hours

gah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dipple posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

dipple posted:

Ah, alright, thanks for the warning.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

dipple posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this thread is the perfect example of coin theory

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

this thread is the perfect example of coin theory

Oh, you're totally right, we should leave aside our preconceived notions on an anime about a "10 year old succubus who needs to eat semen" and give it a fair watch. Yes. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

lmao

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

In Training posted:

Oh, you're totally right, we should leave aside our preconceived notions on an anime about a "10 year old succubus who needs to eat semen" and give it a fair watch. Yes. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Of course he only got a week for being a pedophile

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

sounds like the truth is somewhere in the middle. as for me, i'll keep watching anime

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Tender Bender posted:

Danielle is pretty good actually. They turn to their injokes/"bastion fucks" meme stuff pretty often but aside from that she and Austin are fine. But yeah Patrick is really, incredibly bad, you kinda have to look at the episode description and see if the game they're talking about is worth listening to Patrick. I was hungry for Breath of the Wild stuff and Austin does a good spoiler-free job of getting me crazy hyped for the game, by talking about what it does well in terms of rewarding exploration, how its systems interact, and comparing it to another open world game he's not as keen on, Horizon Zero Dawn. If that sounds good to you I'd give it a listen.

yeah i listen to it once in a while because i missed austin and danielle from their former 'casts and they are usually good enough to balance out patrick and the memes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

In Training posted:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Tender Bender posted:

Danielle got raised on the thumbs so it's no surprise she leans heavy on lame in jokes. Idle thumbs is a good 'cast though.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Jeff was on a livestream about the new "Video Game History Foundation" 2 play unreleased nes game "Drac's Night Out"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es_4dXrQkpA&t=8699s
(2:24:59 if it doesn't go automatically)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

causticBeet posted:

Danielle got raised on the thumbs so it's no surprise she leans heavy on lame in jokes. Idle thumbs is a good 'cast though.

i cant listen to idle thumbs nymore because chris remo is a pretentious turd baby aand i can only imagne thats gotten worse since firewatch came out

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
The problem w idle thumbs is that they never have my waifu Sean vanaman on anymore

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Only Japan would put bitter chemicals on game cartridges to prevent kids from eating them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Waypoint article : I can't suck off my switch 0/5

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bump_fn posted:

Waypoint article : I can't suck off my switch 0/5

:raise:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Drew's last UPF and Turtley for the Turtle Club is showing off some rear end Trials clone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdVNz3FxUI0

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Mystic_Mile/status/837737856068112384

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

brads big boy burp

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
jeff tearing up, drat

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

That was a really nice sendoff. Hope he finds success doing his own thing like Danny.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

elf help book posted:

brads big boy burp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y295yiaV7Y

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hahahaha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its a content buffet

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Drew Scanlon.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can already tell Brad is gonna use Zelda's framedrops as the argument for why his pet game should win GOTY.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I can already tell Brad is gonna use Zelda's framedrops as the argument for why his pet game should win GOTY.

He'd be right

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
are the framedrops only in tv mode? i haven't noticed any at all but I haven't dug into my tv cabinet to hook up the dock yet

Teix
Nov 5, 2009

You want to touch me?

The Milkman posted:

are the framedrops only in tv mode? i haven't noticed any at all but I haven't dug into my tv cabinet to hook up the dock yet

Yes. The drop in resolution from docked (900p) to undocked (720p) improves performance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some heavy feels in this good bye Drew UPF.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thank you

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Tender Bender posted:

I bet it's dota or Destiny again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mp5 posted:

I bet it's dota or Destiny again

😂