Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the other day i took a huge rip from a bong for the first time in months and got too high and threw up everywhere and fell asleep on a couch so uh

weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

They just don't say anything because it would freak me out obviously.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vesi posted:

why not just listen to other people's thoughts if it's that easy

because it's all noise

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

the other day i took a huge rip from a bong for the first time in months and got too high and threw up everywhere and fell asleep on a couch so uh

weed

weird pot has never made me nauseous before from smoking. eating has though. so has smoking blunts when i first started (but that was from the tobacco i figure) though doesnt bother me anymore.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

The paranoid thoughts are that they can listen to my thoughts ALL THE TIME, it's just when high I "realize" that they can and are listening in all the time.

Your thoughts are not like a linear sentence that can just be "read", they are a chaotic jumble of emotions and physical needs/experiences combined with fragments of memories all constantly churning around whatever it is you think you are consciously thinking about.

While all of this is indeed "audible" to other people, their own thoughts are louder and drown out yours and anyone else's. Even if someone managed to see through the cloud of their own mind and focused in on you for whatever reason, they'd still have to decipher all your noise.

And really the vast majority people are way too busy being just as afraid as you are of anyone else knowing what goes on inside their head, they aren't going to be worried about whats going on in yours.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Blue Dream is pretty good guys. I smoked twice yesterday because I had the whole day off. it even tasted tolerable when I burned the bottom of the pipe on accident.

e: with the other stuff I buy, burning the bottom nukes my loving throat with literal essence of rear end, but blue dream was surprisingly kind.

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 28, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
blue dream's too easy to smoke imo

it's one of those strains for me that only gives me anxiety when i get super high but i end up getting super high on blue dream every time

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i wrote a tune about blue dream last year https://disparition.bandcamp.com/track/blue-dreamer

i haven't seen it around nyc in a while but i got some lavender blue dream when i was in oregon last week, it was nice

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I do worry sometimes about smoking affecting my health. I've been off cigarettes for a few years now, but I always have and still do cough like a motherfucker after every hit, no matter how small or if it's a J or a bong rip or whatever. Smoking as much as I do, it can't be healthy to be coughing heavily every single day for so many years :(

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I feel like i'm in the background of a post-Roger Waters Pink Floyd song

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Earwicker posted:

i wrote a tune about blue dream last year https://disparition.bandcamp.com/track/blue-dreamer

i haven't seen it around nyc in a while but i got some lavender blue dream when i was in oregon last week, it was nice

for whatever reason i see blue dream from multiple sellers/sources more often than not here in bumfuck indiana

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Earwicker posted:

You wrote a song about marihuana?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

for whatever reason i see blue dream from multiple sellers/sources more often than not here in bumfuck indiana

it's one of the most popular strains out there at the moment. which also means people will be making false claims about their random product being blue dream.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Earwicker posted:

Your thoughts are not like a linear sentence that can just be "read", they are a chaotic jumble of emotions and physical needs/experiences combined with fragments of memories all constantly churning around whatever it is you think you are consciously thinking about.

While all of this is indeed "audible" to other people, their own thoughts are louder and drown out yours and anyone else's. Even if someone managed to see through the cloud of their own mind and focused in on you for whatever reason, they'd still have to decipher all your noise.

And really the vast majority people are way too busy being just as afraid as you are of anyone else knowing what goes on inside their head, they aren't going to be worried about whats going on in yours.

What do you mean it's "audible" to other people?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

it's one of the most popular strains out there at the moment. which also means people will be making false claims about their random product being blue dream.

ive posted about this before but every time my dude has a name to go along with the bud its been 100% accurate when i go to check on leafly or wherever. been going to him for 2+ years now without so much as a problem so i trust whatever he tells me

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hell yeah Blue Dream fan club :keke: I'm puffing on a wax pen full of Blue Dream BHO right now, it's like an inhaler but for dealing with bullshit instead of asthma

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

the weed thread: it's like an inhaler but for dealing with bullshit instead of asthma

mods new thread title pls

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

DoombatINC posted:

Hell yeah Blue Dream fan club :keke: I'm puffing on a wax pen full of Blue Dream BHO right now, it's like an inhaler but for dealing with bullshit instead of asthma

i used to love bringing in a pen like that for my pizza job, i could just stand under the oven hood and get ripped

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

What do you mean it's "audible" to other people?

"audible" isn't the right word but I went with it since you are talking about listening.

but like I said your thoughts are not like these linear sentences, they are jumbled up with emotions, memories, etc. and depending on the context this can be more or less apparent to other people

for example, you know how sometimes you can tell if someone is really angry even if they are doing everything they can to hide it? they have a neutral or even happy expression and may be trying to sound like nothing is wrong, but you can tell there is anger coming through? that's a very basic example that is obvious to anyone. but really you are broadcasting a lot of emotional information about yourself all the time not just when you are extremely upset. other people can observe this information and if they are good at it and very focused they can pull out a surprising amount of knowledge about whats going on inside your mind, what you are thinking. it's not psychic or anything, its just reading people, but in general it's not something you need to worry about while just hanging around stoned or whatever because, in general, most people out there are way too caught up in their own poo poo to observe any of that. the times you need to be more wary of this kind of thing is when you are in a direct interaction where someone can take advantage of this - i.e. a sale or negotiation. or if you manage to get your rear end arrested!

also: unless you are seriously mentally ill, there's nothing going on inside your head that isn't also going on in the heads of everyone else around you. whatever weird or crazy poo poo you are afraid someone might "hear" is in most cases drowned out by their own shame about their own weird and crazy poo poo.

a bone to pick posted:

I feel like i'm in the background of a post-Roger Waters Pink Floyd song

I know everyone shits on that era but I like Momentary Lapse of Reason quite a lot, its definitely an influence. I wasn't crazy about anything they did after that though, Division Bell etc.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 28, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's like when your gf says she is fine but she is obv not fine and you gotta be like "just tell me what's wrong bae."

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Earwicker posted:

I know everyone shits on that era but I like Momentary Lapse of Reason quite a lot, its definitely an influence. I wasn't crazy about anything they did after that though, Division Bell etc.

So was Dark Side mostly Gilmour? I always get who contributed to what album confused, except for that the really early stuff was 99% Barrett and Animals/The Wall were 99% Waters.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
To paranoia guy: When you think internally in terms of words, your mind still sends tiny impulses to your vocal cords called "subvocal speech" and NASA has been working on sensors that can detect and recognize subvocal speech and they say it is for the purposes of like being able to communicate inside space suits without actually talking but everyone knows they are actually basically developing mind-reading technology. Google NASA and "subvocal speech" you'll find this poo poo is true.

THEREFORE you don't have to worry about other people being able to read your mind, because NASA wouldn't be spending millions of dollars developing technology to read your mind if people could already do it.

Also, smoke more indica and less sativa

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Robot Randy posted:

From what I've read about growing, Blue Dream produces larger than average harvests per plant, so in addition to being really popular (and thus easy to sell), you get more off of a Blue Dream plant than most others, so it makes sense that a lot of people would choose to grow it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
NASA is so fuckin cool

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
subvocal speech would be a major major breakthrough. it's cool as hell that is even possible that we could "think" commands to our phones etc in the future

doesnt sound like "mind reading" per se though, not in the sense most people would think of it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

So was Dark Side mostly Gilmour? I always get who contributed to what album confused, except for that the really early stuff was 99% Barrett and Animals/The Wall were 99% Waters.

I think Waters wrote most of it but it was actually more of a legit group effort than most of their other albums, Wright was a major contributor as well. I think in general Wright was responsible for a lot of what was good about Floyd and was kind of overshadowed by Waters' and Gilmours' towering egos

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Earwicker posted:

also: unless you are seriously mentally ill, there's nothing going on inside your head that isn't also going on in the heads of everyone else around you. whatever weird or crazy poo poo you are afraid someone might "hear" is in most cases drowned out by their own shame about their own weird and crazy poo poo.

Just remember that the craziest of people think they're sane and rational.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

Like earwicker said it was a group effort but dark side is when Waters started writing or cowriting every single song and it stayed that way until he left the group.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

Like earwicker said it was a group effort but dark side is when Waters started writing or cowriting every single song and it stayed that way until he left the group.

My personal favorite description of The Wall is "Roger Waters has Daddy Issues: The Musical!"

Also if you want a laff, as much as I loving love Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson, listen to this track and tell me it's not Dogs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEWlSTQ1RI

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

definitely has a lot of similar moments

I like Wilson's production work for other bands much more than I like anything he's written

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Earwicker posted:

definitely has a lot of similar moments

I like Wilson's production work for other bands much more than I like anything he's written

I know he's done a ton of high-profile production (IIRC he's widely considered this generation's Alan Parsons), but off the top of my head all I can think of is several Opeth albums (which are awesome and Opeth loving rules). Gotta say I'm a huge fan of his musical output for the most part (the early super-psychedelic PT stuff is a bit beyond me). Anything in particular you can recommend? I know the production on his own stuff is top-notch so I'd be excited to hear some remasters he's done and see how they compare to the originals.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I'm in a non-legal state so I have never paid much attention to strain naming but does anyone recall a wonderful strain called "piff"? In my Googling it seems to be a 'catch all' related to good tree but roughly 5 years ago everyone in this area had it and it all seemed to be the same stuff. The high was good, but the taste and smell were what really set it apart. The smell always reminded me of lavender hand soap and it had a taste similar to what smoking a vape tastes like despite me smoking l's exclusively. I haven't found anything even remotely like it in appearance/smell/taste so I am inclined to think it must've been a specific strain but I have nothing to go on.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I'm in a non-legal state so I have never paid much attention to strain naming but does anyone recall a wonderful strain called "piff"? In my Googling it seems to be a 'catch all' related to good tree but roughly 5 years ago everyone in this area had it and it all seemed to be the same stuff. The high was good, but the taste and smell were what really set it apart. The smell always reminded me of lavender hand soap and it had a taste similar to what smoking a vape tastes like despite me smoking l's exclusively. I haven't found anything even remotely like it in appearance/smell/taste so I am inclined to think it must've been a specific strain but I have nothing to go on.

On Leafly you can search strains based on flavor, but if you look for things with a Lavender flavor, you get an awful lot of results:

https://www.leafly.com/explore#/explore/flavors-lavender

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gay Weed Dad posted:

sounds like someone just got a really good batch that was around for a while and they just called it by a name they knew to mean great poo poo. piff is sort of a generic northeast(??) region slang for good weed afaik.

regarding the hand soap taste/aroma, ive heard people describe kushes as such

i dont know much ab strains either being in a nonlegal state but over the past 5 years ago seems like everyone has been getting named stuff and i usually check leafly too. the pics are obviously hit or miss but theyre always listed on that site and the descriptors usually match up :cool:

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 28, 2017

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

Moridin920 posted:

In effect this means nothing will really change for you aside from maybe inconvenience if your dispensary gets shut down.

Woo, I was anxious as hell, having a tough time enjoying my flower, but you've helped me to chill out. I owe you one :bigtran:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

phallocentriloquist posted:

Woo, I was anxious as hell, having a tough time enjoying my flower, but you've helped me to chill out. I owe you one :bigtran:

Your username is really good btw

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

BD is really nice, it's just being overshadowed by much, much better bud.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

Anything in particular you can recommend? I know the production on his own stuff is top-notch so I'd be excited to hear some remasters he's done and see how they compare to the originals.

he remastered all the classic King Crimson albums from the first one up through the John Wetton era, I think he may have started on the 80's ones as well, and they sound extremely good. I think it's called the 40th anniversary remaster. Lark's Tongue in Aspic and In the Court of the Crimson King are especially good.

and yeah his production on Opeth's Blackwater Park is also great

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 1, 2017

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

mods new thread title pls

oh ya if someone with plat "reports" this post with a nicely worded msg to the mods they will probably change it for us. otherwise they may not ever see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

thathonkey posted:

oh ya if someone with plat "reports" this post with a nicely worded msg to the mods they will probably change it for us. otherwise they may not ever see it.

i wonder how much past mod drama could have been nipped in the bud via a good J sesh

e: pun not intended