Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah I'm definitely thinking of getting this for the WiiU if theres no big performance issues

Again, watched several twitch streamers playing on Wii U. Big rain and battle effects drops frame rates for a few seconds but it looks practically just as sharp as a switch. And the slowdown wasn't often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

sigmachiev posted:

There's enough reports out now to suggest mild framerate drops when there's a lot of weather effects, certain spots in towns and certain enemy camps. I haven't seen one impression really harp on it too bad, but I question how much of that is influenced by basking in the glow of the game overall. That's why I'd like to judge for myself and also get a sense of the gap between 720 and 900p. Haven't seen any mpressions about the sound differences either.

E: Reddit has an AMA going for the Wii U version but it's marked with a spoilers tab and I'm too chickenshit to wade in, but if you don't care and want to report back you will be a prince to me.

I did and he said exactly this. Some slowdowns, but overall looks sharp as hell and plays great. The screenshots he posted back up what he said.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speed runner got a copy from Nintendo, the results? Click Here!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
$60 for a game that lasts less than an hour?!? Dropped.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I avoid watching streams because they make me angry when the player does stupid things.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Walmart pre-orders for the special edition seem to be back up. Let's see how long they last.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://youtu.be/2p1dS9hoptU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo emailed me five days ago saying hey we're close to taking your money and they haven't taken my money yet TAKE MY MONEY NINTENDO

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just stopped at my local GameStop where I pre-ordered the Switch and asked when it would be available. I was surprised that the manager admitted that they were already in stock but, of course, they weren't breaking street date. They are doing a midnight release thing but I'm old and don't want to stay up for that.

What did surprise me is that he said that they have four or five units that weren't pre-ordered and were first come, first serve. I'd gotten the impression that that well was dry.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

JustJeff88 posted:

I just stopped at my local GameStop where I pre-ordered the Switch and asked when it would be available. I was surprised that the manager admitted that they were already in stock but, of course, they weren't breaking street date. They are doing a midnight release thing but I'm old and don't want to stay up for that.

What did surprise me is that he said that they have four or five units that weren't pre-ordered and were first come, first serve. I'd gotten the impression that that well was dry.

Many retailers are getting some non-preorder stock, but for policy reasons most wont say how much or straight up dont know yet. For example, and this is from my own calling in, in the LA area, some Targets are saying they have stock but wont disclose how much; some Best Buys are not sure at all (although I think I spoke to an idiot so might call a couple others before gameday); and some Gamestops know they have "a few" for non-preorders and were willing to take my number to call me when available.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

JustJeff88 posted:

Because there will be people walking in on the day of release asking about getting a Switch. This way nerds can go on forums and say "See? Told you I could just walk in."

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Because there will be people walking in on the day of release asking about getting a Switch. This way nerds can go on forums and say "See? Told you I could just walk in."

I just walked in and got a preorder the day after it was revealed. There wasn't even a line.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This is my favorite Assassins creed game

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
word of warning, people who are pirating the game early are setting up dedicated youtube channels with spoilers in the channels name, user names, description of videos, titles and thumbnails and its popping up on recommended lists for some people. kinda impressed at the effort but maybe avoid youtube for awhile.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Cojawfee posted:

i think alot of people were expecting the nes mini fiasco all over again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Would you like to see more videos like this from XxLinkdiesandZeldaisactuallyasnowglobeheownedasachild6969xX ? Be sure to subscribe!

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Vikar Jerome posted:

word of warning, people who are pirating the game early are setting up dedicated youtube channels with spoilers in the channels name, user names, description of videos, titles and thumbnails and its popping up on recommended lists for some people. kinda impressed at the effort but maybe avoid youtube for awhile.

Yeah I cleared my Youtube history after seeing some on the fence stuff pop up in recommended vids, even with just the cover pictures; e.g., I saw a late game mount Id have preferred not to see because that happened to be the thumbnail Youtube displayed.

Fortunately this thread has been good about warnings and is a pretty safe and sane place compared to pretty much everywhere else right now if you want to chat but not run a high risk of spoils.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm heartened that my YouTube recommendation are nothing but avgn, game grumps, redlettermedia, some switch hardware stuff and the odd bushcraft camping video

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

PerrineClostermann posted:

And frame perfect backflips and side hops are even faster, iirc.

Frame perfect sidehops are faster as child, backwalking is faster as adult. Backflips aren't fast.

God bless N64 Zelda.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
I am excited for this video game, having now listened to several first impressions and watched a small amount of raw gameplay.

I'm impressed that they actually seemed to have pulled off a real good open world zelda game. I was pretty prepared for this to be boring or disappointing, or "good but not great open world game." It sounds like all the delays were worth it for the extra polish, content, and balancing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I can't even remember the delays. When was the game originally slated for release?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I'm heartened that my YouTube recommendation are nothing but avgn, game grumps, redlettermedia, some switch hardware stuff and the odd bushcraft camping video

Lol if your YouTube recommendations don't include Casey Nassitat, Gary V, ICarly, switch poo poo, Linus Tech Tips and MKBHD.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I was thinking to myself how am I gonna go to the gym when Zelda comes out it's all I wanna do.

Then I realized I can set my Switch on the exercise bike and play while biking. Nintendo owns

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Calaveron posted:

I can't even remember the delays. When was the game originally slated for release?

2015 lmao

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/836675659632095233

Here's a thing.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

MokBa posted:

2015 lmao

So remember when Nintendo announces a new Zelda game for a specific year always add at least 2 years to that. And I'm going to laugh so loving hard if the game gets a Metacritic score of 88.

Edit: Or better yet a score of 99 just to deny the game a perfect 100. :laugh:

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 28, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I was thinking to myself how am I gonna go to the gym when Zelda comes out it's all I wanna do.

Then I realized I can set my Switch on the exercise bike and play while biking. Nintendo owns

Why would you want to create a negative association with your Switch

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I saw a gif floating around of a Moblin being a big dummy shooting arrows away from Link, have any streamers,tubers mentioned the AI being mindless airheads? Last thing I want is combat that's nonexistent or yawnworthy

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bef posted:

I saw a gif floating around of a Moblin being a big dummy shooting arrows away from Link, have any streamers,tubers mentioned the AI being mindless airheads? Last thing I want is combat that's nonexistent or yawnworthy

The bokoblins will chuck bombs at you and stunlock you with them lmao I wouldn't be too worried about one of the weakest enemies being dumb sometimes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I would be really impressed if different versions of the same enemy had different fighting skills and some were tactical masterminds and some were just total idiots.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Honestly I would be really impressed if different versions of the same enemy had different fighting skills and some were tactical masterminds and some were just total idiots.

This is actually the case. Stronger bokoblins have better timing and shield skills and even kick your bombs back at you

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
At this point I'd believe the bokoblins know they're gonna die and are trying to get rid of arrows so you won't get any

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Kashuno posted:

Treadmill Switch may replace Treadmill Netflix for me in the very near future.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Calaveron posted:

At this point I'd believe the bokoblins know they're gonna die and are trying to get rid of arrows so you won't get any

Jokes on them, you can run around and pick them up.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

How are you supposed to read the files in this download?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Why the hell hasn't my copy for WII u shipped yet AMAZON. Come ON! (Also, why the hell has the guide not shipped? :derp:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jesus why is it taking so long JESUS WHY ARE SPOILERS SO PREVALENT I WANT TO READ THEM BUT I KNOW I ACTUALLY DON
T ARGHGHH

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

Jesus why is it taking so long JESUS WHY ARE SPOILERS SO PREVALENT I WANT TO READ THEM BUT I KNOW I ACTUALLY DON
T ARGHGHH

Because the Wii U has been compromised almost to the level the 3DS is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

LionArcher posted:

Why the hell hasn't my copy for WII u shipped yet AMAZON. Come ON! (Also, why the hell has the guide not shipped? :derp:

Jokes on you. Amazon took more preorders than copies they got for the Wii U version.

So I'm screwed and my copy is now "ship date unknown"