Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Shageletic posted:

sir the Chick Fil A drivethru is next door

chick fil a is closed on the lrod's day :(

i didn't... i knew not what i was doing... i... i didn't click show posts by user... i was told to just post. i was... wrong

i was....... ed............... balls...................................

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
when are the weekly approval ratings released

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

ill cover for u madame president

:hai:

~moderate rock~🎵

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/politico/status/836647665295314944

quote:

In one exchange, daughter Jessica Manafort writes “Im not a trump supporter but i am still proud of dad tho. He is the best at what he does.” Her sister Andrea Manafort responded by referring to their father’s relationship with Trump as “The most dangerous friendship in America,” while in another exchange she called them “a perfect pair” of “power-hungry egomaniacs,” and asserted “the only reason my dad is doing this campaign is for sport. He likes the challenge. It's like an egomaniac's chess game. There's no money motivation.”

In one March 2015 exchange that appears to be between the two sisters, Andrea Manafort seems to suggest that their father bore some responsibility for the deaths of protesters at the hands of police loyal to Yanukovych during a monthslong uprising that started in late 2013.

“Don't fool yourself,” Andrea Manafort wrote. “That money we have is blood money.”

In another hacked exchange a few months later with someone else, Andrea Manafort wrote that her father’s “work and payment in Ukraine is legally questionable.”

The year before, Andrea Manafort indicated in a text to an associate that her father was reluctant to communicate sensitive information from his mobile devices because “Russians literally hack his phones.”

nothing to see here, just more plumes of smoke than that erupting volcano

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Am I weird for not really understanding the uproar over Kellyanne Conway? I mean, yes, sitting on the couch like that with your shoes on is kinda immature-looking and you shouldn't do it, but it reminds me very forcibly of all the bitching by former Bush guys who hated the fact that Obama's people didn't wear coats and ties at all times in the West Wing.

it's just a funny picture

that's my post, thanks for reading

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

murked by dragon posted:

im positive that donald trump would handle the worst natural disaster in human history with great skill and aplomb

We would all die so he wouldn't be able to say anything

So yeah for him that would be pretty good

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Am I weird for not really understanding the uproar over Kellyanne Conway? I mean, yes, sitting on the couch like that with your shoes on is kinda immature-looking and you shouldn't do it, but it reminds me very forcibly of all the bitching by former Bush guys who hated the fact that Obama's people didn't wear coats and ties at all times in the West Wing.

its pretty dumb but we haven't had anything to rage over for the past day or so

you will also notice she is a lady so therefore...

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This article

quote:

Paul Manafort’s family expressed misgivings about the political consultant’s work for both Russia-aligned Ukrainian strongman Viktor Yanukovych and Donald Trump, according to text messages allegedly hacked from one of his daughters' phones.

The texts, posted on a darknet website run by a hacktivist collective, appear to show Manafort’s family fretting about the ethics, safety and consequences of his work for Yanukovych. And they reveal that Manafort’s two daughters regarded their father’s emergence as a key player on Trump’s presidential campaign with a mixture of pride and embarrassment.

In one exchange, daughter Jessica Manafort writes “Im not a trump supporter but i am still proud of dad tho. He is the best at what he does.” Her sister Andrea Manafort responded by referring to their father’s relationship with Trump as “The most dangerous friendship in America,” while in another exchange she called them “a perfect pair” of “power-hungry egomaniacs,” and asserted “the only reason my dad is doing this campaign is for sport. He likes the challenge. It's like an egomaniac's chess game. There's no money motivation.”

quote:

In one March 2015 exchange that appears to be between the two sisters, Andrea Manafort seems to suggest that their father bore some responsibility for the deaths of protesters at the hands of police loyal to Yanukovych during a monthslong uprising that started in late 2013.

“Don't fool yourself,” Andrea Manafort wrote. “That money we have is blood money.”

In another hacked exchange a few months later with someone else, Andrea Manafort wrote that her father’s “work and payment in Ukraine is legally questionable.”

quote:

Leshchenko suggested that the note might have been sent to Andrea Manafort by Russian-linked forces to divert attention away from the ongoing investigations into Russian meddling in the presidential election.

“They need to prove that not only Russia influenced the U.S. elections — that it was Ukraine as well,” he said. “It muddies the picture, makes it less sharp.”

quote:

In a text exchange in early April, Jessica Manafort tells her sister that her father, who maintained an apartment in Trump Tower, where the campaign is located, seemed to be thriving on the campaign.

“Dad and Trump are literally living in the same building and mom says they go up and down all day long hanging and plotting together,” Jessica Manafort wrote. “Gross,” Andrea Manafort responded, prompting Jessica Manafort to come to their father’s defense.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/manaforts-ukrainian-blood-money-caused-qualms-hack-suggests-235473

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Phenomenon check: Is there anyone who you know, who has heard and is even vaguely aware of Alex Jones, who IS NOT capable of doing a decently funny impression of him? I just ran down a few people in our office and like, everyone can do it. I think it might be because it's an easy offshoot of a Hulk Hogan impression.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/836653660864147456

This has been a pretty busy day.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

beaten like hillary in the rust belt

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/836647665295314944

nothing to see here, just more plumes of smoke than that erupting volcano

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Everyone get out your flags!!!

https://twitter.com/anna_orso/status/836649623171317763

https://twitter.com/anna_orso/status/836649904751656961

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

what quote is this?

Ryan is the name of the SEAL killed. Trump didn't accept responsibility for the raid going bad. He instead blamed his generals and the millitary, saying "they" got the seal killed.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

crafty jews

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

impeach this idiot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump saying antiemetic attacks are a false flag lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

triple sulk posted:

impeach this idiot

that would require republicans to no be spineless cucks and :lol: that happens

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh gently caress it's almost the satan page

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
REally looking forward to The Reverse in season 2 of Stranger Things

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

triple sulk posted:

impeach this idiot

nah, pence is just as bad while also being more competent

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

oh gently caress it's almost the satan page

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan."

trump explaining how it wasnt his fault that navy seal got killed.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
In Russia Jews holocaust you.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
come to the sabbath

satans there!

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

oh god gently caress yes please donald, talk about this loudly

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

:siren: DONALD TRUMP CALLS ALL THE JEW ATTACKS FALSE FLAGS :siren:

lmao fuuuuuuuckkkkkk

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hail santa

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

It's just funny. She looks super out of place at a photo op. Like right in the middle of the picture. Nothing she is doing is offensive or worthy of scorn.

Makes good Photoshop material too.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:siren: DONALD TRUMP CALLS ALL THE JEW ATTACKS FALSE FLAGS :siren:

lmao fuuuuuuuckkkkkk

what did u expect?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lol at people who voted for Trump and thought he would only go after "the right minorities" and not theirs. Lmao just lmao.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

sandoz posted:

it's just a funny picture

that's my post, thanks for reading

it's a funny picuter

the deeper story is black college leaders being shuffled in for a photo op while their concerns are ignored

the sadder story is Devos using it as a way to push vouchers

the funny story is that this was meant to show Trump as a unifier on the eve of his speech tonight, and it instead turned into an imbruglio for Conway, putting another brick in the wall of her attention grabbing WH ineffective advocacy

which then loops again to it being a loving funny picture

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Alter Ego posted:

its stupid to get worked up over but it is a funny photo

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Trying so hard and they haven't figured out yet nothing matters, even if it's Russia.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/834110889393528832

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
satan laughs

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

trumps failed campaign promises gonna get him haxx0red

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This Russia story won't go away lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Alter Ego posted:

It's a combination of:
a) It being a really, really weird photograph.
b) It being an eminently photoshoppable photograph.
c) A response to the uproar at Obama...I mean, generally being in the oval office and strutting around like he's president or something. Sitting, putting his feet on the desk, redecorating. I mean, I guess it compounds the stupidity of caring about any of that stuff, but it's cathartic to be outraged.
d) There have been tweets.

I wouldn't really call it an uproar - it's more of a very widespread heckle.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i'm okay with satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan."

trump explaining how it wasnt his fault that navy seal got killed.

Is anyone else disturbed by Trump's continued use of the possessive when talking about the generals? It feels very...military junta-y.

• Locked thread