Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGtGt1L6iU

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

fits my needs posted:

So do people like Alex Jones "ironically" now or is he part of the new American version of RT that should be hated?

I see people with infowars bumper stickers pretty regularly

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

fits my needs posted:

So do people like Alex Jones "ironically" now or is he part of the new American version of RT that should be hated?

i think people used to before the election but now that fox news is refusing to crawl as far up trump's rear end as jones is, that poo poo is getting pretty dangerous

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/836647973668831232

trump figured out that if he uses obama's plan he can just blame him when it doesn't work bing bong

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fits my needs posted:

Everyone knows bush did 9/11 but what are you gonna do? No sense getting all worked up about it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fits my needs posted:

trump's election made people like Bill Mitchell and Alex Jones come iinto the spotlight, they struck oil in the well of stupidity .

with their level of exposure now, its easier to attract people and

dare i say it

hypernormalize them :grin:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Internet Webguy posted:

i think people used to before the election but now that fox news is refusing to crawl as far up trump's rear end as jones is, that poo poo is getting pretty dangerous

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/836647973668831232

trump figured out that if he uses obama's plan he can just blame him when it doesn't work bing bong

trump continuing the long tradition of white people stealing from black people while taking credit for it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

a volcano just erupted

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Can someone post the Paul Watson takedown? it was really good.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
you should ahve always hated alex jones because hes a snake oil bullshit salesman whose business model is based on fleecing paranoid shutins

desnt mean he cant be funny once in a while though

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Agrajag posted:

running this scenario through my head still doesnt make sense.

if a shot was communicated ahead of time because of a perceived threat than obv tehre was a threat.

if the shot was not communicated ahead of time then it was a shot from an unknown location/person and thus a potential threat.

eitehr way i would have expected his bodyguards to rush him off the stage just in case.

The threat doesn't necessarily have to be imminent - snipers (under certain circumstances) take shots while the window is open.

It is not politically advantageous to be noticeably surrounded by bodyguards while the crowd watching you is left to its own devices - see noted pissbaby and loser of the 2016 election Donald Trump for more details.

e: NB I don't know what the circumstances were here, I'm just broadly theorising.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i assume some democrats won't even be attending the blowhard budget event but not nearly enough to make a good statement out of it

hopefully they'll have their poo poo together in time for the state of the union. manchin and feinstein alone on the left side

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

triple sulk posted:

a volcano just erupted

please tell me it was yellowstone

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

triple sulk posted:

a volcano just erupted

should probably quit taking so many laxatives

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

triple sulk posted:

a volcano just erupted

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/etna-volcano-erupts-fiery-show-lava-eastern-sicily-45797563

^^ dope rear end video from multiple angles

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
When did the "They lost Ryan" quote come out because holy poo poo that's loving appalling.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

badass

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gringostar posted:

please tell me it was yellowstone

im positive that donald trump would handle the worst natural disaster in human history with great skill and aplomb

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

triple sulk posted:

a volcano just erupted

not sure we needed to hear bout ur orgasms but w/e im cool w/ it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trapezound posted:

im not sure that forums user My Moms Penis isn't trolling her/himself but okay i'll just post

My point was that you don't know this and no one can.

I, too, have taken sociology courses. I realize that sexism and patriarchy are everywhere. I don't think it's worthwhile to say "HAVE YOU CONSIDERED HOW YOUR RIGHTFUL DERISION IS ACTUALLY SEXIST?"

If patriarchy's grabby tentacles reach into every crevice of society, there are gonna be times when calling out the sexism is pointless and redundant and serves only to deflate criticism. This, in the opinion of a 24 year old male (thank you for divining my gender and sex by the way, I super duper appreciate it!) on the internet who is wrong in most things, is one of those times. There's a far more plausible and palpable reason for this backlash, as you point out too.

By invoking a sexist root you can't prove except by its omnipresence, you only lessen the effectiveness of the racial criticism: People On The Left especially go out of their way to not appear sexist. Call the critique sexist enough and suddenly it doesn't work anymore.

This is a cousin to the kind of concern trolling that those people use when they're going on about how women in Saudi Arabia can't drive and that means that there's no point in fighting for women's rights here while such injustices exist--except maybe you aren't trolling??

Also, just on its face, it's a funny loving picture.

*shrinks gayly into a corncob*

sir the Chick Fil A drivethru is next door

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

idk what Warren losing an election would mean except that Americans dont know what the gently caress they want and probably shouldnt be trusted with democracy

the lovely thinking emoji dot jiff

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i can confirm that it was not yellowstone on the basis that i am, unfortunately, not dead

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/digby56/status/836650110901592064

woot?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

My Moms Penis posted:

It kind of sucks that the backlash against the Kellyanne picture is rightfully critical of her disrespect of black leaders while still being rooted in puritanical and patriarchal sexism.

why is powerball still allowed to post

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

trump's election made people like Bill Mitchell and Alex Jones come iinto the spotlight, they struck oil in the well of stupidity .

dare i say it

gently caress!

Also plz stop accusing me of being a concern troll from D&D it is very triggering. Sometimes I accidentally go into the D&D Trump thread and wonder why the posting is so poo poo and how can you type so many words and not even say anything gently caress

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

newt good so what

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Also hail satan because im gonna miss the page due to a work meeting. #hail #fucken #satan

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lastgirl posted:

dare i say it

im gonna go out on a limb and say that jones is already hyper enough

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

triggered

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

newt good so what

w oo oo oo o ooooooo ooo t~

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Did you know Newt has his own smiley?

:newt:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

murked by dragon posted:

im positive that donald trump would handle the worst natural disaster in human history with great skill and aplomb

i mean, the yellowstone caldera erupting would pretty much be the end of civilization and if humanity survived it would lead to another genetic bottleneck like after toba

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pivot happening any time noooooooooooooow

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/836651943070150658

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

crazy cloud posted:

Also hail satan because im gonna miss the page due to a work meeting. #hail #fucken #satan

ill cover for u madame president

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/28/sessions-provides-more-reason-to-think-h

Jeff "colossal idiot" Sessions posted:

"You can't sue somebody for a drug debt," he said. "The only way to get your money is through strong-arm tactics, and violence tends to follow that."

:psyduck:

*thinking face emoji kills itself*

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

When did the "They lost Ryan" quote come out because holy poo poo that's loving appalling.

what quote is this?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gringostar posted:

i mean, the yellowstone caldera erupting would pretty much be the end of civilization and if humanity survived it would lead to another genetic bottleneck like after toba

the best par about a Yellowstone eruption is that it would hit mostly red states first so I can watch them die before I go

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Amazon web services currently making GBS threads themselves.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Am I weird for not really understanding the uproar over Kellyanne Conway? I mean, yes, sitting on the couch like that with your shoes on is kinda immature-looking and you shouldn't do it, but it reminds me very forcibly of all the bitching by former Bush guys who hated the fact that Obama's people didn't wear coats and ties at all times in the West Wing.

This just in: President Trump appoints John Miller as special prosecutor in Russia affair.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Trump thread: feminism bad???

horseshoe theory is real my friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Agean90 posted:

the best par about a Yellowstone eruption is that it would hit mostly red states first so I can watch them die before I go

i mean yeah, that to

• Locked thread