Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MariusLecter posted:

There are three cyber cafes in town but none of them stock Barqs root beer in their display fridges. Ugh.

Where the hell are cyber cafes? They all shut down here like a decade ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hong Kong

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I forgot it's February and we need to pay rent tomorrow instead of in a few days but I don't feel like chasing everyone up for the cash tonight.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

While not a big thing in America and Canada anymore, cities in Asia are FULL of them.
This is especially true in places liek Tokyo where individual living spaces are typically so small that owning your own desktop is not cost-efficient.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My cull list for podcasts is expanding, getting close to shows that I'd previously never consider deleting. It's not that the content is bad, it's just I'm not interested in the subject as much.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

My cull list for podcasts is expanding, getting close to shows that I'd previously never consider deleting. It's not that the content is bad, it's just I'm not interested in the subject as much.

That's me with the... seven? RPG shows I've subscribed to.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Imgur is being a loving idiot and I wanna post some dank memes.

Mu Zeta posted:

Turns out there's only two, one closed down and the other two are pretty much copy shops with internet access and sodas.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I can't find my goddamn implant processor.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I;m not sure if it's because they're very under-ripe or if it's because they're a different kind of avocado, but the avos I bought for my sandwich mix are weirdly spongey/rubbery and unless they soften up in the fridge I think I'm in for a week of disappointing lunches.

I'm not really that fond of the apples I bought either but they keep being on sale and at less than half the price of other kinds I can't justify passing them up.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Gitro posted:

I;m not sure if it's because they're very under-ripe or if it's because they're a different kind of avocado, but the avos I bought for my sandwich mix are weirdly spongey/rubbery
They're not ripe enough. Leave them out, unrefrigerated, for a day or two.

Where are you from, by the way?

Gitro
May 29, 2013

John Big Booty posted:

They're not ripe enough. Leave them out, unrefrigerated, for a day or two.

Where are you from, by the way?

I'd already committed to chopping them up or else I would have, and now I'm not willing to leave them out :( Unless they can kill me I'd rather endure sub-par sandwiches than take any chance on food contamination.

Australia, why?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I really need to finish writing this paper but there's still some videos on youtube I haven't watched yet.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought a relatively cheap 2ds+Mario kart bundle, and I didn't really comprehend just how small the screen is. I want to return it and splurge for a 3ds xl, but I bought the 2ds at Target, and Google is telling me they don't accept open boxes for consoles. I'm not exactly keen on throwing good money after bad, so I need to wait until I can see if that's true before spending more money on a 3ds.

Late edit: huh, I didn't damage the box it came in and there was wasn't any plastic wrap around it, I bet I could pass it off as unopened..

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 09:39 on Mar 2, 2017

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

While not a big thing in America and Canada anymore, cities in Asia are FULL of them.

This is why games like Overwatch see so many cheaters in South Korea. Instead of each player buying the game, the internet cafe pays for access and when accounts are banned (Blizzard just banned like 20,000 South Korean accounts for cheating) the players generally just make new ones.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have my phone set to unlock around my trusted device (fitbit) and usually it's fine, but I was out today and my phone was in my back pocket and somehow I ordered a lyft with my rear end because:

the screen, which is really sensitive (?), unlocked

it swiped over to google now

google now, with location services on, had my commute options home and it had a lyft option available

my rear end ordered a goddamn lyft

:negative:

I think I was able to cancel it and not get charged but I'm so embarrassed. I got rid of the trusted device thing but w h y

snoo has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Mar 2, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That reminds me of one generation of Lumias that would erase themselves.

It was only a few years back, maybe 2013 or 14. The screen was so sensitive is was being triggered in people's pockets, and repeatedly failing the pin code until it got to the emergency security wipe.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I got a job! And it isn't retail! :woop:

But it's only two days a week :negative:

So I'll have to find a second job :negative: :negative:

Also the art exhibition I was in never paid me what they were supposed to pay me.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Gitro posted:

Australia, why?
Idle curiosity, mostly. Trying to gauge how familiar with avocados you might be, because even with years of experience picking one out at the exact moment of optimal ripeness can be tricky.

And if you want one that isn't a Haas, you need to go to a farmer's market, which I highly recommend.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

John Big Booty posted:

Idle curiosity, mostly. Trying to gauge how familiar with avocados you might be, because even with years of experience picking one out at the exact moment of optimal ripeness can be tricky.

And if you want one that isn't a Haas, you need to go to a farmer's market, which I highly recommend.

The hass I've gotten from Coles have been fine, even if they weren't too ripe. These shepard ones though, drat. I haven't had much to do with avos but I'm pushing myself to be more vegetarian. Probably didn't help that ages back my mum stabbed herself almost through her hand once getting the pip out.

I'm going to have to spend like $150 minimum on uniforms for uni, and I need them by next Friday but apparently the wait time is two weeks. I figured I'd be able to buy them in person on a fitting day but nope, can only place orders. Gonna measure myself up tonight I guess.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Planescape: Torment is one of my all-time favorite games. So the spiritual successor Torment: Tides of Numenera has been in the works for ages and it kinda fell off my radar until this week since it finally released.

Well, I would buy it but I have a Switch and Zelda coming today so there would be no point.

...Except the developers sent an email to my old dump account and said, "thanks for backing our game a million years ago. Here is your key. Also, have a copy of Wasteland 2 while we're at it."

I completely forgot that I had backed it and now I have three great RPGs to play and not nearly enough time!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My mail carrier still fucks up delivering our mail. We've been at the same address for 2 years, as have the people below us (2-family house) and the person in the separated cottage (address counts as #3, same street number). I still get their mail constantly and they get mine. Downstairs neighbors check their mail once a week, sometimes less, so either I have to assume some of my mail is going to be late, or be a creeper and dig through their mailbox for my poo poo.

The mail carrier doesn't like me because I reported her for signing my name on a certified letter and leaving it in my mailbox, which AFAIK is pretty loving illegal. I was also home at the time which means she didn't even try to knock/ring the bell and have me sign for it.

e: a few days after I reported it she left a note written on the back of a blank tracking slip that literally said the equivalent of "sorry, next time I'll just mark it off that you're not there and you'll have to come sign for it at the post office." Or you could actually check to see if I'm home, I guess :confused:

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Mar 3, 2017

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kelp Me! posted:

My mail carrier still fucks up delivering our mail. We've been at the same address for 2 years, as have the people below us (2-family house) and the person in the separated cottage (address counts as #3, same street number). I still get their mail constantly and they get mine. Downstairs neighbors check their mail once a week, sometimes less, so either I have to assume some of my mail is going to be late, or be a creeper and dig through their mailbox for my poo poo.

The mail carrier doesn't like me because I reported her for signing my name on a certified letter and leaving it in my mailbox, which AFAIK is pretty loving illegal. I was also home at the time which means she didn't even try to knock/ring the bell and have me sign for it.

e: a few days after I reported it she left a note written on the back of a blank tracking slip that literally said the equivalent of "sorry, next time I'll just mark it off that you're not there and you'll have to come sign for it at the post office." Or you could actually check to see if I'm home, I guess :confused:

So she gave you a written confession stating she wasn't going to do her job? Take a photo and make another complaint.

Or just let it go and don't harass the woman who delivers all your poo poo. It's like sending lovely food back to the kitchen only you have to eat there every day.

Kinda screwed wither way if she decides to gently caress with your mail.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Outrail posted:

So she gave you a written confession stating she wasn't going to do her job? Take a photo and make another complaint.

Or just let it go and don't harass the woman who delivers all your poo poo. It's like sending lovely food back to the kitchen only you have to eat there every day.

Kinda screwed wither way if she decides to gently caress with your mail.

TBH I've never even spoken to her, but after that crap I'm not exactly leaving a Christmas bonus in the mailbox, either. I'm sure as hell not going to antagonize her further by asking her to actually sort the mail she's delivering.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I got a replacement Nexus 6p because the battery in my old phone is crapping out under warranty. I activated the new one and told it to restore from my backup and nothing happened.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Now that I have free time, I really want to watch movies and play video games, but I don't have a tv or a good place for my desktop cpu. So, in order to be a fully optimized piece of poo poo, I have to buy a tv, an entertainment center, and a storage cabinet for all my dvds, AND rearrange my living room to accommodate everything. God drat.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
TV dinners always make me ridiculously drowsy. Is it the salt? The heat? A mystery :iiam:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thin Privilege posted:

TV dinners always make me ridiculously drowsy. Is it the salt? The heat? A mystery :iiam:

it's the salt

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Thin Privilege posted:

Eat them one at a time you glutton.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Work finally has been finding me more things to do but it still doesn't keep me quite occupied enough. Granted I'm actually going to have proper expectations and responsibilities now which means I have to turn my motivation back on but :effort:. Granted I'm also underpaid so it's hard to get my motivation back up.

Of course I'm still cranky that code I wrote in October is to this day still collecting dust and "will totally be reviewed soon, I promise!'

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I solved the personal annoyance I had with myself for buying a 3DS pretty much exclusively for for the fancy updated version of Ocarina of Time.

I solved it by realizing there's a bunch of things on the 3DS that I was interested in. So now I've got the Mega Man game and a Mario Bros game, in addition to OoT, and I'm not sure what I want to play first.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My boss who is quitting is trying to poach me to the company she's going to work for and I'm having a very hard time coming up with a list of reasons to say no.
But it's a big pay increase which makes me afraid it'll interfere with my disability check :ohdear: I can't work more than 24 hours a week, OR make more than X amount of take-home pay per month. And I don't actually know what the numeric value of X is...

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Inzombiac posted:

Planescape: Torment is one of my all-time favorite games. So the spiritual successor Torment: Tides of Numenera has been in the works for ages and it kinda fell off my radar until this week since it finally released.

Well, I would buy it but I have a Switch and Zelda coming today so there would be no point.

...Except the developers sent an email to my old dump account and said, "thanks for backing our game a million years ago. Here is your key. Also, have a copy of Wasteland 2 while we're at it."

I completely forgot that I had backed it and now I have three great RPGs to play and not nearly enough time!

I've given up on finishing Fallout 4 or even starting to play any of the other games in the Steam backlog unless I end up unemployed. Don't even open Steam during sales anymore, what's the point, not gonna play anything I'd buy for 5 years or something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

doverhog posted:

I've given up on finishing Fallout 4 or even starting to play any of the other games in the Steam backlog unless I end up unemployed. Don't even open Steam during sales anymore, what's the point, not gonna play anything I'd buy for 5 years or something.

Yep. I've committed myself to no longer buy PC games anymore until I finally get through the big hitters on my list.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelp Me! posted:

it's the salt

makes sense

Outrail posted:

Eat them one at a time you glutton.

But what am I going to do while it's being microwaved?

FWP: my microwave is a piece of poo poo and keeps blowing my power strip so I constantly have to switch the strip back on. Pro tip: do not buy a Wal Mart microwave.

fake edit: one of my cats was sleeping adorably so I reached for my phone to take a pic but she woke up :( :catstare:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My FWP is that I've had a headache for the better part of a whole day, plus or minus 6 hours.

Normally this wouldn't be a FWP, it'd be a get-the-hell-to-a-hospital problem, but I'm calling it a FWP because I know my headache triggers and I've stumbled headlong into them these past few days: bright lights, caffeine, oversleeping, unconsciously furrowing my brow when I read, etc.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

My FWP is that I've had a headache for the better part of a whole day, plus or minus 6 hours.

Normally this wouldn't be a FWP, it'd be a get-the-hell-to-a-hospital problem, but I'm calling it a FWP because I know my headache triggers and I've stumbled headlong into them these past few days: bright lights, caffeine, oversleeping, unconsciously furrowing my brow when I read, etc.

Oversleeping sucks and I hate the fact that getting too much sleep can leave me groggy and grumpy for the better part of the day

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My boss who is quitting is trying to poach me to the company she's going to work for and I'm having a very hard time coming up with a list of reasons to say no.
But it's a big pay increase which makes me afraid it'll interfere with my disability check :ohdear: I can't work more than 24 hours a week, OR make more than X amount of take-home pay per month. And I don't actually know what the numeric value of X is...

Holey Moley.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

MisterBibs posted:

Ugh I feel you. I must have some sort of sinus issue this week because I've been stuffed up and have had a headache behind my eyes on and off for the better part of four days. Just bad enough to be lovely and annoying, not bad enough to stay home or go to the doctor or anything.

I also get chronic migraines, especially with changes in the weather. Sometimes they are so frequent it like....feels weird to not have one. I am the headache queen!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Kelp Me! posted:

Oversleeping sucks and I hate the fact that getting too much sleep can leave me groggy and grumpy for the better part of the day

I'm pretty much the opposite - 14 months of 12 hour workdays (7am-7pm) have left me with little-to-no sleep cycle intact. I sleep for, like, 6-6.5 hours (10-4:30) then wake up on my own, without my alarm having to chime in, so on days off I tend to get up, get dressed and have my breakfast, hang up the washing to dry if the previous night had a load in (I always wash my clothes over night so I can sleep through the waiting part), go on the internet until I get tired again an hour later then just crawl into bed for a brief nap. In the last 2 days I've had 2 vivid dreams only during those naps, where for the last few months I've never had a dream that I actually remembered, maybe my brain is trying to catch up and is just REMing really hard all of a sudden. Also I'm rarely actually asleep for the aforementioned 6 hours as it often take me 30-45 minutes of lying there to actually fall asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah it's a similar thing for me kind of, my sleep cycle seems to have become ingrained in me, so even on Friday/Saturday nights I'm sleep by like 1AM tops and awake by 7-8AM even without an alarm. I actually don't mind it - I always enjoy a wake-and-bake and some quiet reading/video game time, but on the occasions where I force myself to immediately go back to sleep at 7AM, I usually end up sleeping til like noon-1PM and the rest of the day is basically ruined unless I immediately take a shower and pound a bunch of coffee.