Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Hahaha. I want to imagine the same thing happening at the bottom of the ladder.

This is pretty good too.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Beastie posted:

I think you misunderstood, the camera leaves the plane behind and follows the bombs all the way down to impact.

Ah sorry, no pearl harbor poo poo :lol: just tried it on the bomber, and it's the same as the other planes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnk2tAY9AM

Also notice at the end if you hit the fire button again even after releasing it, the camera snaps to the point of impact. Careful while doing this though because if you wait too long the bombs will reload and just drop another set, heh. Best to just keep your finger on the trigger after pooping em out the first time and pull up.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

That was pretty great. I feel like that gun's damage output is barely one step above the Kolibri though.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

Uhhh I'd love to see footage of this, I guess I'll log on and check? Pretty sure the other planes do the same thing as the trench fighter in the clip: by holding the fire button down after making GBS threads out bombs, the camera tracks the point of impact no matter where your plane is going. You can see my tail clip through as I complete the loop.

pssssh your only roadkill? I don't think there's enough space on mine for the killmarks :grin: (are you seriously telling me you've played this long and haven't rammed a pilot in the nuts as he pulls his chute cause you shot his plane to pieces? for shame)

Maybe it's time for me to take a cue from you and just sit on the pubbie side for a game sniping at goons :wink:

Dude check out my compilation video, I totally roadkilled some pilot while flying the bomber at Ballroom Blitz! You're just the only victim I've hit with the fighter. Which reminds me, sometime we gotta try a mid-air rescue with either an attack plane or bomber.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Last night I was road killed by a plane chasing me after I bailed out to continue my quest for a sawed off shotgun service star.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

mid-air rescue with either an attack plane or bomber.

ok this would be loving amazing

I should upload some clips of my most recent attempts to steal a plane midair. I got close enough for the prompt!! :argh:

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.
escape artist

http://i.imgur.com/hhb2cng.gifv

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
If anyone was wondering it takes about 14 hits with a repair tool on the turret to kill someone inside a fortress gun.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Last night I was road killed by a plane chasing me after I bailed out to continue my quest for a sawed off shotgun service star.

I've done that to the poor rube I've been chasing down about two or three times. It's also happened to me once or twice. It's always funny.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it normal that they still haven't announced a release date for the DLC?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

lmbo aerial cqc one of the best things in this game next to equine karma

10/10

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

That billow of smoke it runs through... very nice [/borat]

e; vvvvv it's square, you square

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 28, 2017

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

As support once you deploy your mortar how the heck do you switch back to your gun again? I'm pressing every button and I'm completely stuck in the minimap view thing.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Alternative solution - don't use the mortar because it's bad

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

As support once you deploy your mortar how the heck do you switch back to your gun again? I'm pressing every button and I'm completely stuck in the minimap view thing.

Isn't it the 'enter/exit vehicle' button?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Laminator posted:

Mortar-thirty is my favorite time of day. It is fun and good.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Laminator posted:

I didn't used to like the mortar but it's extremely handy for taking out tanks or snipers without exposing yourself. Helps a ton if your teammates are actually popping flares though.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Sometimes, you and your squad buddies get concrete proof that no, pubbies really are that much worse than you.

shomakkaa
Apr 5, 2011

couple more nuggets of battlefield action during my travels; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnr721KJ6yg

I need to cut out the middle team deathmatch streak though, not that interesting beyond an exceptionally cheap no scope shot.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

RCarr posted:

Is it normal that they still haven't announced a release date for the DLC?

If the Battlefront DLC releases are anything to go by, then yeah, pretty much. You know it's due in month X, but the precise date isn't usually announced until last minute. I reckon to avoid any mass whining if they need to hold it back a week and then a million nerds go nuclear with rage. Smart. Usually drops on the Tuesday, and with Premium getting a two week headstart we could see it on the 7th. Defo the 14th otherwise.

Edit: apparently is 14th for Premium, 28th for filthy proles.

Anyway, with France around the corner, they dropped concept art for Eastern Front.

https://twitter.com/ww1_series/status/836632735125028867

I'm hoping that's a cossack lancer, gently caress yes I want to spear dudes from horseback. Get the gently caress in!

Edit:

https://twitter.com/bravointel/status/836623135470399488

https://twitter.com/bravointel/status/836626292753727488

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 28, 2017

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Sometimes, you and your squad buddies get concrete proof that no, pubbies really are that much worse than you.

I was babbling about this the other day. I killed the same tanker 3 times in a row, from roughly the same area. Never once did it occur to the guy to look for me. Every time he was just focused on charging in for easy infantry kills.

I don't get that mindset. You have a tank, your opposite in number must exist, why not at least look out for him?

The only thing I can figure is that for him, those 6-7 kills he got before I blew him up represented an amazing killstreak, so why do anything different?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I was babbling about this the other day. I killed the same tanker 3 times in a row, from roughly the same area. Never once did it occur to the guy to look for me. Every time he was just focused on charging in for easy infantry kills.

I don't get that mindset. You have a tank, your opposite in number must exist, why not at least look out for him?

The only thing I can figure is that for him, those 6-7 kills he got before I blew him up represented an amazing killstreak, so why do anything different?
"Why are pubbies so loving stupid" is one of the great mysteries of our time :shrug:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

get sniped by a dude lying in a place that is clearly obvious in killcam

go stab sniper

receive hatemail OMG FUCKIN HAXX HOW U NO IM THERE??

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Those dlc packs all sound cool, I'm glad they're covering lots of different aspects of WW1. Maybe they will do one covering Germany and Britain battling over Germany's African colonies.

Hope that lance is a thing too! Hell yea

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Those dlc packs all sound cool, I'm glad they're covering lots of different aspects of WW1. Maybe they will do one covering Germany and Britain battling over Germany's African colonies.

Hope that lance is a thing too! Hell yea

Yeah and I'm totally sure DICE will unfuck private servers, so we can play on servers that have regular + DLC maps, and not just be stuck on servers running the same 3 maps over and over!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hey I've at least learned my lesson on premium so I'll be in wait and see mode

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What about when it's just you? :smug:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

What about when it's just you? :smug:

That's how I know I'm on a terrible team. If I made the top spot, we had no hope.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

It's super cool and good that the single gun on the back of the attack plane is better than the forward guns on the dogfighter load out. Good work Dice.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

sunday at work posted:

It's super cool and good that the single gun on the back of the attack plane is better than the forward guns on the dogfighter load out. Good work Dice.

I'm fine with this. Rear gunner sits on his hands doing gently caress all for most of the match, having Best Gun for those moments he actually gets to contribute is a small way of encouraging them not to treat that seat as a forward spawn point before bailing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I still wish they hadn't nerfed bomber tail gun damage

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm fine with this. Rear gunner sits on his hands doing gently caress all for most of the match, having Best Gun for those moments he actually gets to contribute is a small way of encouraging them not to treat that seat as a forward spawn point before bailing.

also this 100%

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Fair enough. Flying in this game is so much fun anyway. I've almost got the approach down to fling darts into the airship gondolas. So close.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I also think the one change needed to stop making tank gunners leave out of boredom is to allow them a third person camera view. I try being a good and dedicated gunner sometimes, but you can sit there for 10 minutes and get one, maybe two lucky kills, and who on earth thinks this is a good use of time? If you have a squad and voice chat, sure, maybe. Most of the tanks I see rolling around have just the driver in them. 3rd person cam to let them spot and look for threats and you make those empty seats a bit more appealing.

That's my one wish for the game. That and making the level 10 pilot/tanker unlocks available for all classes. That's really all I want changed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm currently up to 53 unique service stars, and I'm genuinely curious how many y'all have. I know there has to be a few goons with more.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Parkingtigers posted:

I also think the one change needed to stop making tank gunners leave out of boredom is to allow them a third person camera view. I try being a good and dedicated gunner sometimes, but you can sit there for 10 minutes and get one, maybe two lucky kills, and who on earth thinks this is a good use of time? If you have a squad and voice chat, sure, maybe. Most of the tanks I see rolling around have just the driver in them. 3rd person cam to let them spot and look for threats and you make those empty seats a bit more appealing.

That's my one wish for the game. That and making the level 10 pilot/tanker unlocks available for all classes. That's really all I want changed.

Agreed. Having 3rd person for gunners would at least allow you a wide enough field of view so that you can see all the guys running around that you can't shoot at because your dumb pubbie driver parked your gunport against a wall.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

RCarr posted:

I'm currently up to 53 unique service stars, and I'm genuinely curious how many y'all have. I know there has to be a few goons with more.

I am sad to report there is no service star for the bayonet.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

I am sad to report there is no service star for the bayonet.
There's one for every other melee wapon though! I've got one for the cavalry sword, one for the hatchet, and three for the Bedouin dagger. :madmax:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

no pickaxe? bad taste

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

There's one for every other melee wapon though! I've got one for the cavalry sword, one for the hatchet, and three for the Bedouin dagger. :madmax:

I've got one for the cavalry sword, the club, the jambiya knife, the bedouin dagger, and I'm working on the Sawtooth Knife, which I finally unlocked. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

I AM THE MOON posted:

no pickaxe? bad taste
I really want to like the pickaxe and hatchet (because god drat they're satisfying when they work), but if you're a melee maniac like me the knives are just straight-up the best option. They're fast and by far the easiest to kill with.