Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Uncle Wemus posted:

Dnd sold out. They used to be about full communism now

this is not true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lets not forget about the laughable xhosa girl

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I just tried reading a non-political-cartoon-oriented thread in DnD and someone was unironically arguing that our best strategy for 2018 is making it a referendum on Donald Trump

y'know, that tactic that fails miserably every time we try it including just last year

The person saying this considers himself the adult in the room

:suicide:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Thank god for this thread. I've tried asking the moderate people in the DnD DNC thread what they think the dems should do and they just complain about bernie and the left. They've basically become centrist reactionaries.

They've always been centrist reactionaries. It's just now that they know Bernie would have won and in fact, Hillary was NOT Khaleesi, they've turned their skreeeeeing up to 11

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

loquacius posted:

I just tried reading a non-political-cartoon-oriented thread in DnD and someone was unironically arguing that our best strategy for 2018 is making it a referendum on Donald Trump

y'know, that tactic that fails miserably every time we try it including just last year

Bad dems always consider themselves the adult in the room, it's a defining characteristic.

It's the reason they keep trying to negotiate in good faith with opponents who have clearly telegraphed that they have no intention of doing the same.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rastor posted:

Bad dems always consider themselves the adult in the room, it's a defining characteristic.

It's the reason they keep trying to negotiate in good faith with opponents who have clearly telegraphed that they have no intention of doing the same.

someone please replace this comic with democrats as hitler

tia

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

Ha yeah that was the one dude that finally responded to my question of what centrists think we should do. Jfc

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rastor posted:

It's the same with the "technocrat" thing. Defining themselves as technocrats explicitely states that they believe that they are enlightened philosopher kings and they'd be perfect at governing if the rabble would just let them do it.

When really the bad dems are just as much dunning-kruger effect fueled morons as the republicans. The best you can say for them is that they're more sincere about it.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Booty Edges

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Ha yeah that was the one dude that finally responded to my question of what centrists think we should do. Jfc

his thinking is indicative of the party's. that's why you gotta purge centrists quick cause they got terminal brain rot and they will fight like demons to keep you from doing anything good

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Technocrat all sounds the same to me.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Thoguh posted:

It's the same with the "technocrat" thing. Defining themselves as technocrats explicitely states that they believe that they are enlightened philosopher kings and they'd be perfect at governing if the rabble would just let them do it.

When really the bad dems are just as much dunning-kruger effect fueled morons as the republicans. The best you can say for them is that they're more sincere about it.

IDK, the Republicans at least have actual goals they want to achieve when they get into office; the Adult Technocrats just want to be in power for the sole reason that they deserve it.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
i sure hope that putting equally-qualified-just-as-progressive tom perez in over keith ellison was worth dumping gasoline all over the burning tire fire that killed the democrats in 2016

good work, DNC :waycool:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MizPiz posted:

IDK, the Republicans at least have actual goals they want to achieve when they get into office; the Adult Technocrats just want to be in power for the sole reason that they deserve it.

They wanna unleash Ada on the world

Yudo
May 15, 2003

MizPiz posted:

Technocracy too often must tell the peasants that they must get hosed, for the excel spreadsheet has higher wisdom.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

VirtualStranger posted:

the medicare age should be lowered to zero, imo

Freeloadin babies need to get a job and earn their keep and stop sucking the government's teat

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yudo posted:

Technocracy too often must tell the peasants that they must get hosed, for the excel spreadsheet has higher wisdom.

Because the base assumption is there's no way the excel spreadsheet inputs or analysis could be wrong.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what is the future strategy of the democrats now that they have decided they don't want leftists to vote for them? appeal to republicans again?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
not a fan of electronic music or technocrats, tbh

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Because the base assumption is there's no way the excel spreadsheet inputs or analysis could be wrong.

Remember that the only people who care about yard signs are stupid people.

We don't need stupid people to win the vote.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Watson 2020

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The Democrats are Michela Bolton in Office Space. They always screw up a decimal place somewhere.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Terror Sweat posted:

someone please replace this comic with democrats as hitler

tia

Seconded

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Thoguh posted:

The Democrats are Michela Bolton in Office Space. They always screw up a decimal place somewhere.

also they keep insisting that they shouldn't change because someone else sucks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gringostar posted:

also they keep insisting that they shouldn't change because someone else sucks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Debate & Discussion is and has always been the worst place in existence to debate or discuss things

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
*in extreme nasally Concerned Citizen voice*

"Actually yard signs are a waste of time and voters who show enthusiasm shouldn't be given free things, they should be asked to donate their time and money. If they can't donate time and money then we have no interest in them"

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Thoguh posted:

What I find unfortunate us the number of seemingly left-sympathetic technocrats like Ezra Klein and Paul Krugman who became unabashed shills for Hillary during the election, despite past support for single payer and similar policies

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

UV_Catastrophe posted:

i sure hope that putting equally-qualified-just-as-progressive tom perez in over keith ellison was worth dumping gasoline all over the burning tire fire that killed the democrats in 2016

good work, DNC :waycool:

it wasn't the left that killed the Dems in 2016

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

UV_Catastrophe posted:

not a fan of electronic music or technocrats, tbh

I'll admit technocrat is terrible, but the wider genre has some good music.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Tunicate posted:

Remember that the only people who care about yard signs are stupid people.

what about halloween mask sales

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

*in extreme nasally Concerned Citizen voice*

"Actually yard signs are a waste of time and voters who show enthusiasm shouldn't be given free things, they should be asked to donate their time and money. If they can't donate time and money then we have no interest in them"

:rolleyes:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yossarian-22 posted:

What I find unfortunate us the number of seemingly left-sympathetic technocrats like Ezra Klein and Paul Krugman who became unabashed shills for Hillary during the election, despite past support for single payer and similar policies

Krugman wrote articles in the 90s defending sweatshops and other inhumanities of free trade. He's occasionally signaled leftist sympathies but he's a neolib at his core.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
tecmocrats gave way to the eaillennials

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
fear not, centrist friends

all shall be forgiven when u accept the doctrine of revolutionary fourth way buttigeigianism into ur hearts

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
let the healing begin

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

UV_Catastrophe posted:

let the healing buttigin

mormonpartyboat