Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Ouhei posted:

Mirthless my dude, I said in the post you quoted that I largely agree with you, there's no need to go line by line to drive your point home. It is true that being a police officer can be a demanding job, and that the hours and overtime are sometimes crap. It is also true that it would be annoying as all gently caress if someone made plans with you 4-5 times over the course of 2 weeks and canceled on you every time. I also wouldn't take people ITT that broke up with someone for texting them more than once in a day as the gold standard either...

1 week. She's crazy af. There's no bigger turnoff than being super clingy right off the bat. Who the gently caress makes plans to come hang out at someone's house WHILE THEY ARE SLEEPING when they barely know the person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dude in the asian FWB story is a moron. Im not saying this is the case in his scenario, but based on my anecdotal experience as well as a staggering amount of Asian dating shows that is the softball set up for "but I would make a hybrid with you"

Even if that was not the setup, you dont loving say you only marry white women. That is like the worst possible answer and there you went, careening straight into the lane divider on an empty highway.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

food court bailiff posted:

what positive outcome did she expect from explicitly laying out her "you're good enough to gently caress, but not good enough to marry" thesis, racial justifications or no

^^^

seriously it just comes off like a "Oh, don't worry, I feel the same (awful) way!" to me

I imagine he thought he was reassuring her, lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

what positive outcome did she expect from explicitly laying out her "you're good enough to gently caress, but not good enough to marry" thesis, racial justifications or no

probably exactly what happened, an excuse to break up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

He's a moron, her moron level depends if she's Chinese Chinese or American Chinese.

Hell, if he'd said Irish/Italian/Russian or whatever it would be salvageable as a culture thing, but saying "white" just by itself raises a red flag (with a blue saltire and eleven stars).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I cannot figure out why people don't realize that relationships are not a court of law. You do not actually have to physically catch them cheating. If you think they are treating, you can break up with them, it's legal

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

I cannot figure out why people don't realize that relationships are not a court of law. You do not actually have to physically catch them cheating. If you think they are treating, you can break up with them, it's legal
But if the evidence is only circumstantial...

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

what positive outcome did he expect from explicitly laying out his "you're good enough to gently caress, but not good enough to marry" thesis, racial justifications or no

Yup. The only possible good answer for the dude in that incredibly dumb, awkward situation was laughing it off and then moving on. Why did he say anything? He had nothing to gain by replying to her in the most embarrassing, racist way. Just don't bother, you racist loser.

It's even more inexplicable because they were just FWBs. It's not like she was saying a lovely thing to her long-term partner.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 28, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Objection! That's clearly speculation your honor. As such we do not accept the plantiff's claim that this represents due cause to terminate the contract as agreed to by both parties.

If it pleases the court, we would now like to address the "naked pussy tattoo" and demonstrate how it fulfills all criteria necessary to be considered "art"…

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pick posted:

I mean I get it sometimes if they're married, infidelity can have an effect on settlements and stuff. But yeah, mostly your SO doing a bunch of shady poo poo is reason enough to break it off.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
edit: nvm

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Interracial couples are p uncommon and I would just say that they were both expressing sentiments that the vast majority of people have whether they're willing to admit it or not, it's super weird to get so bent out of shape about it imo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

this is the same bunch of people who hears their partner go off on them for, like, not changing their diapers to give them their adult baby boner, or for not looking the other way while they blatantly cheat right in front of them, and turn to the internet with the question "am I the unreasonable one here?"

ArbitraryC posted:

Interracial couples are p uncommon and I would just say that they were both expressing sentiments that the vast majority of people have whether they're willing to admit it or not, it's super weird to get so bent out of shape about it imo.

imo it's pretty messed up to have race as one of your core marriage criteria, especially if it's not equally a part of your 'would bang' criteria; it's an added source of pressure from third-party racists especially if you live in a hellhole but that's a manageable concern if you, y'know, fuckin love someone and want to be with them

it's not super common because american society in general tends to be pretty racially segregated and most people marry folks within their insular little community, not because 'we must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children' is a reasonable romantic standard

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 28, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ArbitraryC posted:

Lmao no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah getting bent out of shape over racism is pretty weird.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I'm literally dating someone from another country I just kinda have to roll my eyes over people who get super vocal about other people's dating preferences then turn around and swipe left all day on anyone outside their race.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is pretty different from what you said

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

You are so racist.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm literally dating someone from another country I just kinda have to roll my eyes over people who get super vocal about other people's dating preferences then turn around and swipe left all day on anyone outside their race.

How do you know that people are swiping left based on race?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Leon Einstein posted:

Makes him feel better when he does it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
It's not really, what I said was that the vast majority of people are like that whether or not they want to admit it, saying "I'd hypothetically marry outside of my race" doesn't mean much when you don't ever actually do it or even subconsciously avoid it (the stats are pretty clear that this is a thing on online dating). Both of them are just being honest with themselves about what they picture their imaginary family to look like, considering they were already friends and fuckbuddies it's not even a stretch to assume either or both might change their mind someday if they meet the right person.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

this is the same bunch of people who hears their partner go off on them for, like, not changing their diapers to give them their adult baby boner, or for not looking the other way while they blatantly cheat right in front of them, and turn to the internet with the question "am I the unreasonable one here?"

It's also weird because you're, like, allowed to be unreasonable in some ways. Or, unreasonable by other people's standards perhaps. If you think the baby diaper is over the line, even if he's perfect in every other way, it's your right to dump him over it. What are they worried about, Jesus? He was crucified naked, the diaper was just added for modesty later on.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hell, I'd miscegenate

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

It's not really, what I said was that the vast majority of people are like that whether or not they want to admit it, saying "I'd hypothetically marry outside of my race" doesn't mean much when you don't ever actually do it or even subconsciously avoid it (the stats are pretty clear that this is a thing on online dating). Both of them are just being honest with themselves about what they picture their imaginary family to look like, considering they were already friends and fuckbuddies it's not even a stretch to assume either or both might change their mind someday if they meet the right person.

Not that I've used Tinder or any other dating app in years, but I literally never swiped left on someone because of their race. You are so racist and hilariously in denial.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Leon Einstein posted:

In 2014, OKCupid released a study confirming that a racial bias was present in our dating preferences. It found non-black men applied a penalty to black women; and all women preferred men of their own race but they otherwise penalised both Asian and black men.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and-attraction-2009-2014-107dcbb4f060#.m5gonxncw

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I guess I'm not surprised that the general population is racist. Look at our president.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

In 2014, OKCupid released a study confirming that a racial bias was present in our dating preferences. It found non-black men applied a penalty to black women; and all women preferred men of their own race but they otherwise penalised both Asian and black men.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and-attraction-2009-2014-107dcbb4f060#.m5gonxncw

Are you seriously citing preferences of the general population to justify racism? :wtf:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
wrt the asian/white thing, isn't she doing exactly the same thing she is accusing him of doing??

I don't think people are racist for expressing a preference. Imo it is only racist when it is like "there are 0 attractive black people" because of course there are obviously. "I will not marry X race" or "I'll only marry X race" is pretty racist too, by that logic.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 28, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Not that I've used Tinder or any other dating app in years, but I literally never swiped left on someone because of their race. You are so racist and hilariously in denial.

I'm sure most people don't admit that they're filtering based on race and just come up with other reasons but the trends are very apparent.

And in case you missed it the first time I've been in an interracial relationship for over 2 years now, I largely don't have a preference on that front but that doesn't mean that it's not the norm.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm sure most people don't admit that they're filtering based on race and just come up with other reasons but the trends are very apparent.

And in case you missed it the first time I've been in an interracial relationship for over 2 years now, I largely don't have a preference on that front but that doesn't mean that it's not the norm.

I love the "I'm not racist because I have black friends" defense. :allears:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I feel like other guys (Context: The ones in my area) have the freedom of choice when it comes to relationships but I am considered unworthy simply because I am different. They have the right to choose whether or not they want a relationship while I am told I can't have one at all because of this or that.

Some tell me I need to "work on yourself" but it feels like punishment in disguise. Sure, I could be less shy and anxious but I don't think that innately means I am unworthy of a partner. It's like I am being told I am "messed up" and need to shut myself off from society until I am "fixed". But how can one improve if they are told you are unfit to be around other people?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tbh the older I get the more I wanna bone down on some african queen lol

when I was like 15/16 I was all about skinny white scene girls but I feel like now there's all kinds of different features/things that can be hot

Sweeping generalizations about any race are dumb. There's attractive and unattractive people and good/bad people in every group.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You have to swallow at least 1 cup of African-American semen to be not racist. (240 mL)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

wrt the asian/white thing, isn't she doing exactly the same thing she is accusing him of doing??

I don't think people are racist for expressing a preference. Imo it is only racist when it is like "there are 0 attractive black people" because of course there are obviously. "I will not marry X race" is pretty racist too, by that token.

Yeah that's the thing, they were literally casually dating, it's obvious that neither of them are put off by each other's race and were just saying in the hypothetical future they assumed/preferred their family would be homogeneous, literally kicking the dude out of a building for it is ridiculous.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

I don't think people are racist for expressing a preference. Imo it is only racist when it is like "there are 0 attractive black people" because of course there are obviously.

yes, also those goobers aren't even expressing a preference the mud races are plenty fuckable to them they just don't want them tainting their pure genetic pool

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Are you seriously citing preferences of the general population to justify racism? :wtf:

my last longterm relationship was black/white and that was never an issue but I guess arbc is uncomfortable with being judged so liberals are secretly the real racists or something :shrug:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Nah I'm literally just saying almost everyone is a little bit racist on that level, it's the statistical norm, and it's weird to react so vehemently to it when odds are very likely that they're gonna end up in "pure" (heil hitler obviously) relationship themselves.

This is made double dumb by the fact that she said it first.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

imo it's pretty messed up to have race as one of your core marriage criteria, especially if it's not equally a part of your 'would bang' criteria; it's an added source of pressure from third-party racists especially if you live in a hellhole but that's a manageable concern if you, y'know, fuckin love someone and want to be with them

it's not super common because american society in general tends to be pretty racially segregated and most people marry folks within their insular little community, not because 'we must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children' is a reasonable romantic standard
But if you think this is unique to American society, you are sorely mistaken

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I tend to have fears that any potential girlfriend will think something must be wrong with me due to how I've had a relatively empty romantic history (Only one short lived relationship) and my friendship network is small. One of my co-workers told me she's surprised I didn't go on a shooting rampage, thinking all bullied and depressed people are serial killers in waiting. It wasn't very uplifting to hear that at all. I've also been compared to Elliot Rodger simply because he had Aspergers and he was angry at society for deeming him unworthy of a girlfriend. I find that comparison insulting. Elliot Rodger had complexes about being biracial and was spoiled rotten by his family. I have no issues having Native American blood in my heritage and I don't feel entitled to anything so he and I should not be put in the same league.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

fruit on the bottom posted:

Objection! That's clearly speculation your honor. As such we do not accept the plantiff's claim that this represents due cause to terminate the contract as agreed to by both parties.

If it pleases the court, we would now like to address the "naked pussy tattoo" and demonstrate how it fulfills all criteria necessary to be considered "art"…

Breaking up is like launching a nuclear weapon. You both have to turn the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

But if you think this is unique to American society, you are sorely mistaken

oh definitely it's way worse most places, but also in lots of the world way more people really are straight up '[ethnicity] are more rat than man, I would never touch one'