Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

drat no Big Show v Shaq is a bummer, but even more of a bummer is Matt Hardy to WWE. I'm sure their second run will be as great as the Dudley's.

Wrestling sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shaq's mama told him to leave Big Show alone.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Shaq made something like $300M in his playing career, I think the chances of that match died about the first time he realized it would require work and risk him looking bad

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Turns out that Shaq Fu is a load of garbage.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How the gently caress could anyone be sad about shaq and shown not happening. I can't even fathom anyone wanting to see that. Why would you want to see that. What would that possibly do for anyone?

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

The_Rob posted:

How the gently caress could anyone be sad about shaq and shown not happening. I can't even fathom anyone wanting to see that. Why would you want to see that. What would that possibly do for anyone?

Wrestlemania is like 7 hours long, it would be an interesting trainwreck. They definitely dont need more actual wrestling on the show

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

"Who would pay money to see 2 giant men fighting each other?" asks incredulous wrestling fan

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

exploded mummy posted:

"Who would pay money to see 2 giant men fighting each other?" asks incredulous wrestling fan

A non wrestler and big show. Wow what a match!!!

A non wrestler who is getting up there in age and probably has a lot of knee problems.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Raw is bad

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The spectacle of Big Show versus Shaq would have been cool. I hope it does happen.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Wrestlemania is like 7 hours long, it would be an interesting trainwreck. They definitely dont need more actual wrestling on the show

Wk was about the same length and they managed not to need a non wrestler in a poo poo match. Even the anime commercial match was at least fun.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Raw is bad

Untrue.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Shaq is giant and likeable and I wanna see him cut promos and be clumsily lead through a match because I like fun.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Wk was about the same length and they managed not to need a non wrestler in a poo poo match. Even the anime commercial match was at least fun.

WK was sick but too long to watch in under 3 sittings, so honestly if they added Shaq vs Big Show to Wrestle Kingdom I would have probably liked it more

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

drat no Big Show v Shaq is a bummer, but even more of a bummer is Matt Hardy to WWE. I'm sure their second run will be as great as the Dudley's.

Wrestling sucks

both of these things own hth

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

both of these things own hth

yeah matt hardy owns

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Big Show worked his rear end off to get into shape and go out on a high note and he's cool with me and I hope he has a singles match at Mania.

How about a Strowman feud, I'd watch that poo poo again in a heartbeat.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

So with Big Show, Mark Henry and KANE hardly showing up or retiring, does that leave Jericho, R-Truth and Goldust as the attitude era holdouts or am I missing someone

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

R-Trutg wasn't really around in the Attitude Era

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

K-Kwik right?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gas

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Ostentatious posted:

K-Kwik right?

It was a brief footnote but i guess you can pass it off as him being around during that era.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He's getting rowdy.

He's going to move some things.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
The only way Raw could redeem itself if I'd say KO refs a match that Jericho has defending the US title at wrestlemania then when he goes to count Jericho out he has a DDT wrestling style freeze frame flashback of the good times to sonny and Cher I got you babe or something, then he helps Jericho win and they ride off into he friendship sunset

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i remember seeing a picture of shaq or him on tv not too long ago and thinking there is no way that guy is going to be ready for wrestlemania. too bad. i wanted that juicy shaq meat.

I just wanted to let you know I appreciated this post

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The potential of Broken Matt having a mania moment is almost enough to resub, but man there is so little to get excited for this year.

Big Show vs Shaq was the match I most looked forward to.

The Big Show vs Shaquille O'neil.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tao of lmao posted:

The potential of Broken Matt having a mania moment is almost enough to resub, but man there is so little to get excited for this year.

tao of lmao

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I don't care about not getting to see Big Show vs Shaq, I just feel bad for big show. 20 years and this was the last thing he wanted :(

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

my swamp friend lou parper is going to be in the main event

that is very exciting

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Stop being optimistic, he is not going to keep the Broken Matt gimmick. I'd say 50-50 odds of either:

A) They return as the Hardy Boyz old school team XTreme gimmick. They quickly become jobbers a-la the Dudleys

B) He becomes 'Dark Matt Hardy' or some other bullshit. They shoot one offsite thing but WWE doesn't give him full creative control, and Vanguard 1 / Senor Benjamin / etc. are all not in it because of potential copyright lawsuits. It goes over poorly and he quickly becomes a goofy jobber.

It was the best gimmick in wrestling today, RIP fun

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
In an alternate universe, the dudleys weren't jobbers because Broken D-Von got over in the indys.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's gonna be like The Club where they make a couple vague references to their prior gimmick but really they're just a generic tag team in a dead division.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Stale Saltines posted:

It's gonna be like The Club where they make a couple vague references to their prior gimmick but really they're just a generic tag team in a dead division.

"WE WERE ROCKSTARS IN FLORIDA"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

my swamp friend lou parper is going to be in the main event opener

that is very exciting

FTFY

If Orton wasn't in it it'd be on the preshow

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

joke is going to be on all of you when instead of the hardy's re-debuting it's willows

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

that RAW sounds dire so i am glad i didnt watch it

but that in no way dampens my HYPE for Smackdown Live!

Luke Harper vs. AJ should be loving awesome

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

this is the old thread you nerds

please keep our forum orderly

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

freakin close the thread! LAST POST, DO NOT POST AFTER THIS

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

FTFY

If Orton wasn't in it it'd be on the preshow

https://twitter.com/TheZackLethal/status/834838077382258688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

lmao

I like Luke Harper and I think he vs Dean Ambrose having hardcore matches would be tite, if Dean would just turn heel

• Locked thread