Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Why can't I preload this game yet!!! I want to play at midnight on Friday and not a second later!!! Nintendo get your poo poo together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It's gonna be so good when the day 1 Switch or BoTW patch somehow breaks the game and we will have to wait a weekend to get a fix

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Calaveron posted:

It's gonna be so good when the day 1 Switch or BoTW patch somehow breaks the game and we will have to wait a weekend to get a fix

Unless we already have it. In which case game doesn't boot without the patch. Well if people doing the EU leak files dance are any indication.

Files leak is split between the almost 10gig game and a 2ish gig patch.

Well for Wii u. gently caress if anyone knows what the switch version will be like patch wise.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

havenwaters posted:

Unless we already have it. In which case game doesn't boot without the patch. Well if people doing the EU leak files dance are any indication.

Well for Wii u. gently caress if anyone knows what the switch version will be like patch wise.

This is why I'm going to the midnight launch, I'm just gonna get home, set up the wifi on it, and leave it all night updating, then when I wake up in the morning I'm gonna leave Zelda updating while I'm at work, then during lunch hour I'm gonna come back home to make sure everything is working and the connection didn't just drop
Then I'm gonna come back from work and fall unconscious because I am so tired and not actually play until like 6 AM Saturday

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Jokes on you. Amazon took more preorders than copies they got for the Wii U version.

So I'm screwed and my copy is now "ship date unknown"

It says delivery date is still Friday. Book date is unknown. I did order the game the night the pre order went up.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

LionArcher posted:

It says delivery date is still Friday. Book date is unknown. I did order the game the night the pre order went up.

You may be in the clear then. Mine went from Friday to "Delivery Date Pending" over the weekend.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

havenwaters posted:

You may be in the clear then. Mine went from Friday to "Delivery Date Pending" over the weekend.

Same. What the gently caress is this? Isn't the point of preordering to guarantee I get a loving copy?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Same. What the gently caress is this? Isn't the point of preordering to guarantee I get a loving copy?

Nintendo may have not allocated enough to Amazon or something. Like that or a bunch fell off a truck or were destroyed or whatever. Rip all those zero time dilemma watches.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Well! Just checked again and it's expected to ship tomorrow! Says arriving Friday::smuggo:

Good luck everyone who has their shipments delayed :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm grabbing this on Switch Friday but I tried out the Wii U version through means.:ninja:

There's some choppy frame drops in some areas but it runs and looks fine from the 3 hours I played and I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on the Switch version if I wasn't such a baby that needs his new nintendos day one. It's funny that they obviously removed all the Sheikah Slate second screen functionality from the gamepad just so it wouldn't have any advantage over the Switch one. It just displays a kinda annoying slowly flashing text prompt that enables gamepad only mode.

Awesome game btw but I'm going to wait for my Switch copy to play beyond the Great Plateau.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 1, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Someone on Reddit posted a list of the towns in the game. Just the names of them.

For those who want to get hyped:

BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER --- Lurelin Village, Kakariko Village, Hateno Village, Rito Village, Zora's Domain, Goron City, Tarrey Town, Gerudo Town --- BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER

NOTE: I've put an indeterminate number of "BUFFER"s in there as not to give away the length of the list for anyone who doesn't want to mouse-over and read it.

Edit: and for anyone who only wants to know the number of towns, here: There are 8 towns in the game

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 1, 2017

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Hedrigall posted:

Someone on Reddit posted a list of the towns in the game. Just the names of them.

For those who want to get hyped:

BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER --- Lurelin Village, Kakariko Village, Hateno Village, Rito Village, Zora's Domain, Goron City, Tarrey Town, Gerudo Town --- BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER BUFFER

NOTE: I've put an indeterminate number of "BUFFER"s in there as not to give away the length of the list for anyone who doesn't want to mouse-over and read it.

Edit: and for anyone who only wants to know the number of towns, here: There are 8 towns in the game

Interesting

That's even more than Zelda 2 had if I recall correctly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

havenwaters posted:

a day 1 patch for wiiu gives me hope I can buy it for wiiu and the patch increases performance

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

a day 1 patch for wiiu gives me hope I can buy it for wiiu and the patch increases performance

Everyone playing the leak are using the patch unless there is going to be another day 1 patch. The game refuses to launch without the current 2 gig patch.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Holy poo poo, the Master Edition box is enormous.

spanish language warning

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So for people who have been watching spoilers and stuff... That collectors edition map where people translated the Hylian to reveal the back story with the 4 dungeons being mech beasts created by the gods to stop Ganon... Is that something that was supposed to be a reveal or is it presented fairly early on? I read it thinking they wouldn't spoil the game with promotional materials released months ahead of time.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Tender Bender posted:

So for people who have been watching spoilers and stuff... That collectors edition map where people translated the Hylian to reveal the back story with the 4 dungeons being mech beasts created by the gods to stop Ganon... Is that something that was supposed to be a reveal or is it presented fairly early on? I read it thinking they wouldn't spoil the game with promotional materials released months ahead of time.

I'm pretty sure that's the major spoiler everybody is avoiding

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Forget the towns, someone found mention of Koholint Island in the text dump

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
decided to say gently caress it to skyward sword and i am now watching this and i feel i am somehow getting a better experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysDubpZl940

thank you youtube. thank you. groose is even better, believe it or not.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

decided to say gently caress it to skyward sword and i am now watching this and i feel i am somehow getting a better experience.

Stay away from my husband

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm grabbing this on Switch Friday but I tried out the Wii U version through means.:ninja:

There's some choppy frame drops in some areas but it runs and looks fine from the 3 hours I played and I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on the Switch version if I wasn't such a baby that needs his new nintendos day one. It's funny that they obviously removed all the Sheikah Slate second screen functionality from the gamepad just so it wouldn't have any advantage over the Switch one. It just displays a kinda annoying slowly flashing text prompt that enables gamepad only mode.

Awesome game btw but I'm going to wait for my Switch copy to play beyond the Great Plateau.

I've put in about 20 :negative:

What really sucks is I'll be redoing it all on the Switch on Friday. I avoided the guided story and had a blast traversing the land, trying to fight, learning how to sneak around and fight smart. This game is simply incredible. I think it's time to set it down, though, and prep for the real deal.

Also concurring the Wii U framerate issues. In any place of "interest", it tends to cut down to 20. In some areas it almost seems to drop under 20. And this is at 720p. Switch is going to be the way to go.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

Groose doesn't sound enough like Biff, 0/10

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm gonna spoil the most recent Zelda for you guys.

Midna is the Twilight Princess.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've heard everything about the wiiu version from "it's fine with occasional dips" to "it's 20fps like half the time" so I don't know what the gently caress to believe anymore and will just wait until it's actually taken to task from digital foundry or some poo poo

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wandering the field and mountains is usually fine, as long as there aren't a lot of structures or a massive amount of grass. Higher polygon areas like dungeons, villages, etc. have some serious dropping.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Sounds like I've made the right decision to wait until I can get a Switch then.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tender Bender posted:

It's "early": You find out about the mech beasts being created to stop Ganon as soon as you are capable of leaving the plateau. Not sure when they tell you that they're also the dungeons, but at that point you can probably guess if you've been following the rumor mill.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PerrineClostermann posted:

Wandering the field and mountains is usually fine, as long as there aren't a lot of structures or a massive amount of grass. Higher polygon areas like dungeons, villages, etc. have some serious dropping.

So, like 20-sub fps during anything other then casual exploration?

edit: Speaking of disappointments, Amazon gave me the "We don't have a shipping date for this item yet" for the special edition of the BOTW guide. Lucky for me because sanity kicked in and I took the opportunity to cancel the order. Seriously, who needs strategy guides nowadays? Unless it comes with some cosmetic DLC or something the internet will have the entire thing scanned and up in a matter of days if not hours.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 1, 2017

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Does anyone know how or if there is a Kakariko Graveyard and how it's handled? Is there even a Kakariko? I just want to know if there are ReDead/Poes/Wall Masters/etc and if there is something akin to a "Shadow Temple" and if it's some cool throwback to OoT.

I always liked that TP gave a nod to OoT's Kakariko and graveyard but it's probably been hundreds of years since those events so they're long gone by BotW.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I'm just happy I haven't wandered into someone talking about where this falls in the timeline.....

.....yet :(

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mulva posted:

I'm just happy I haven't wandered into someone talking about where this falls in the timeline.....

Downfall timeline :colbert:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It's actually from the timeline in MM were the Moon fell.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Timeline:

I think there are bird people so post Wind Waker, also there are tree people Kokori.

Not sure if any of that is a spoiler, I guess some people don't watch trailers maybe.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Friend said that the amiibo give you tunics from the respective games you scan in and showed me a picture of Link in the Twilight Princess garb.

That's kinda neat to know, though apparently the chests can give you garbage poo poo as well.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I don't really care about any of this but I just want to remind you all that if you think it would be funny to spoil a mojor release like this (without using spoiler tags) before it's even out then the only thing you'll achieve is a sensible chuckle from me while I'm putting you on a long probation.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Link is a cyborg from the future.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Timeline:

I think there are bird people so post Wind Waker, also there are tree people Kokori.

Not sure if any of that is a spoiler, I guess some people don't watch trailers maybe.

But it also has Zoras, which are what the bird people descended from, right? I'm all for the timeline unification theory, but I'm not that fussed really. (as with post I quoted not really spoilers if you watched any trailers)

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Hearing about the framerate in the Wii U version is a lil disappointing. Im an impatient idiot so I'll probably still get the Wii U version and get the Switch version at the end of the year when them shits is cheap.

Also I doubt Im gonna get through the entire year without somehow hearing everything about it so I may as well just play it now.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Escobarbarian posted:

But it also has Zoras, which are what the bird people descended from, right? I'm all for the timeline unification theory, but I'm not that fussed really. (as with post I quoted not really spoilers if you watched any trailers)

Not to mention Wind Waker ended with the Master Sword under an ocean sealing Ganondorf and Hyrule refounded in a different land entirely a couple games later. Only spoilers here are for Wind Waker I guess but tagged anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Mulva posted:

It falls in the timeline where Link decided to listen to his uncle and stayed at home.