Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

As someone who gets on edge working on plasma TVs; Hank accidentally working on the CRT TV while it's plugged in made me cringe hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Peggy's home office being the utility closet is an awesome detail and makes me more sympathetic to her character.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
That's only because that's where the computer was kept, because obviously the computer is a tool like the vacuum cleaner. It was that or the garage.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Hank would freak out if Peggy wanted her computer in the garage.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Her Kaypro? My watch has more memory than that piece of crap.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I saw a Kaypro at a local thrift shop months ago and had a sensible chuckle remembering Peggy's

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
YEAH? Well MY son is God to billions of Asians!!

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Peggy: "Do you think perhaps I should take the test?"

Monk: "No."

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Peggy's home office being the utility closet is an awesome detail and makes me more sympathetic to her character.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Also her neon PEGGY'S sign causes interference on the TV.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Hank: "You know, sometimes I'd like to visit Indiana."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Atmus posted:

That's only because that's where the computer was kept, because obviously the computer is a tool like the vacuum cleaner. It was that or the garage.

Peggy's only personal space is a tiny windowless closet, Hank gets the whole garage.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He had a den too before Luanne took it

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This episode is so good and this line is incredible

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

He had a den too before Luanne took it

She had a trailer but the trailer tipped over so now she doesnt have one.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I love wd40 cos of hank

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Bum the Sad posted:

Dang it Bobby I got manger babies in my narrow urethra.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

he is though

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
if we get on the internet, maybe we can find out something funny about white people

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

King Possum III posted:

Hank: "You know, sometimes I'd like to visit Indiana."

Is that weird?

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
I like that scene where Bobby gives up on trying to help the earth

"It doesn't matter anyway, people just want to make money. Caring is for suckers"
youf expect peggy or Hank to chastise him or something but instead

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
also the Fat and the Furious is pretty good where Peggy breaks bobby's artwork and stabs him with a pen to distract him from the fact that competitive food eating exists

and Dale's anger "Behold the great American fatass, gorging on the lips and anuses of his brethren! ", feautring Young Dale with social anxiety and kid rock for some stupid reason and the voice of whts his name from Curb Your Enthusiasm

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Peggy's only personal space is a tiny windowless closet, Hank gets the whole garage.

Hank's efforts in his personal space is productive though. Peggy's? Well... Hank is really good at what he does.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Drunk & Ugly posted:

also the Fat and the Furious is pretty good where Peggy breaks bobby's artwork and stabs him with a pen to distract him from the fact that competitive food eating exists

and Dale's anger "Behold the great American fatass, gorging on the lips and anuses of his brethren! ", feautring Young Dale with social anxiety and kid rock for some stupid reason and the voice of whts his name from Curb Your Enthusiasm

Kid Rock was there because Pamela Anderson was there. She was there for some reason.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Hank playing the Grand Theft Auto: Arlen game and kinda getting into it was adorable.

"Oh my god I just killed a man. Where's the button to turn myself in?"

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The hot dog eating episode is among my least favorite episodes. It was a dumb fad.

I also hate the ZZ Top episode and Ms. Wakefield. Hank was completely reasonable in not wanting someone to die in his house, but everyone treated him like an rear end in a top hat

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I also hate the ZZ Top episode and Ms. Wakefield. Hank was completely reasonable in not wanting someone to die in his house, but everyone treated him like an rear end in a top hat

Agreed on both of these.

Probably drags down his home value, too.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
A lot of plots revolve around Bobby being impressionable and easily influenced by someone or something and Hank being against them or it, but Hank likes those characteristics of Bobby when he is the influencer!

What I'm saying is that in the long run reinforcing that behavior is going to lead to Bobby being a pretty hosed up adult. That boy ain't right, that man will be worse.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Selling propane is a noble profession, picking up dog poop is not

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
He's tri-doggin'!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

A lot of plots revolve around Bobby being impressionable and easily influenced by someone or something and Hank being against them or it, but Hank likes those characteristics of Bobby when he is the influencer!

What I'm saying is that in the long run reinforcing that behavior is going to lead to Bobby being a pretty hosed up adult. That boy ain't right, that man will be worse.
All children are impressionable, it's just who they impress themselves upon is the matter, it's every parent's worry about their kid idolising the wrong people and it's natural that parents want their kids to follow in their ways somehow. Let's not forget Hank is pretty hosed up mentally and has done his best to cope with a lovely overbearing father that pretty much killed any emotion in Hank other than pride and shame.

In fact there was an entire episode revolving around how Bobby thought his grandpa Cotton was really cool, and he was basically turning Bobby into a sexist brat smacking women's asses and being hugely disrespectful, which forced Hank to actually step in and stand up to his father to show Bobby how NOT to be that kind of person. Also a good moment for Peggy who pretty much despises Cotton rightfully and knew the early warning signs of what kind of man her son was gonna be if they allowed that sort of influence from Cotton.

Also let's not forget:

"Hank, this is Good Hank."

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 2, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Cotton was an abusive dick to everyone in his life.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Cotton was an abusive dick to everyone in his life.

Ya, I dont understand the sympathy for this rear end in a top hat. Hes basically the worst character on the show.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JB50 posted:

Ya, I dont understand the sympathy for this rear end in a top hat. Hes basically the worst character on the show.

He lost his goddamn shins you heartless sunnofabitch. SHINS.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't believe Cotton's stories.

:colbert:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

JB50 posted:

I want to say he's a product of his time but while my grandfather is an rear end in a top hat he served in korea without being a bigoted garbage can of a half man so thats not really true

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cotton is just saying what we're all thinking

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
not every character has to be likable or have redeeming qualities for them to be a good character

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Right, like Peggy

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
also big shout out to whoever linked the steaming sitea few pages back, I love you big time, been going through whole series again and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDSBV0vTfTo