Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Schnorkles posted:

no one cares about the response you morons

i haven't had my daily BAD DEM rant yet today, i would like the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
that was unoffensive and bland as heck in a position where you are basically guaranteed to humiliate yourself

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i think the dems should have dusted off sanders to give the response

i also agree with this

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

putting some no-future dude up there is probably the best choice because nothing seems to stall or sink a career like a response to the sotu or joint session speech

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Business Gorillas posted:

the floor is granted, Mr. Gorilla.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

fits my needs posted:

I wonder who decided Trump should be surrounded by the black ladies and all the black dudes should stand farther away? lmao
Most people missed this in the rush to talk about wannabe-teenager lady.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

no one cares about the response you morons

you could make people care. decorum is dead, substance is dead, and the democrats don't realize it yet. they should've done something insane and unexpected and instead went with an old people diner

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
Just call trump a poo poo dumpster trash loving pig. The majority of americans think so. Bing bong win some loving elections you fuckers

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

baloogan was right

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i think the dems should have dusted off sanders to give the response

no having a throwaway dorkzord was a fine move

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"just because i support white supremacy and its policies, it's cool because i post about drinking with my buds on the internet" - baloogan, not eating poo poo like he should be doing

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
loving bilateral trade agreements lol

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
That was terrible

I mean who the gently caress was that for? I wanted Gillibrand and Al Franken twerking to "gently caress Donald Trump" while men with ski masks light molotovs

Not some old-rear end folksy hick talking "reasonable"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cams posted:

"just because i support white supremacy and its policies, it's cool because i post about drinking with my buds on the internet" - baloogan, not eating poo poo like he should be doing

tough but fair

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
My big take away from the Dem response to Trump was that they are a party of olds.

I know the Republicans had goof balls give the responses to Obama, but at least they used it as a platform to test out their younger bench.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nichael posted:

you could make people care. decorum is dead, substance is dead, and the democrats don't realize it yet. they should've done something insane and unexpected and instead went with an old people diner

Responses to those speeches are career killers. Better to pick a guy who no longer holds elective office to fall on the grenade.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Agrajag posted:

loving bilateral trade agreements lol

have fun with that while the rest of the world pivots towards china's ACFTA or whatever

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

Get it out of your system I guess

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i hate america. its bad.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dom is Here posted:

Just call trump a poo poo dumpster trash loving pig. The majority of americans think so. Bing bong win some loving elections you fuckers

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/836782061851656192

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Now Damon Thayer is giving a response to the response, jfc.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
After a month of treason rumors bubbling to the surface, we really need to play this thing safe. Maybe an odd thumbs-down and matching wardrobe?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Vertical Lime posted:

who told me fox news had good people

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/836777542195511296

your move shep

whoever told you that is wrong

fox news has one decent shep and thats it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

My big take away from the Dem response to Trump was that they are a party of olds.

I know the Republicans had goof balls give the responses to Obama, but at least they used it as a platform to test out their younger bench.

having rising stars give the speech means that you forever get someone who could run for something stuck with a terribly unfortunate label

hellloo Mr. Rubio are you thirsty

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
America is too dumb to recover from this presidency

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

Responses to those speeches are career killers. Better to pick a guy who no longer holds elective office to fall on the grenade.

It doesn't have to be a career killer. It doesn't have to be anything. If the DC establishment has not learned two loving years after that god drat escalator that the rules of politics have irreversibly changed, then poo poo's hopeless. This could've been anything at all, and they went with that.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

LegionAreI posted:

That was terrible

I mean who the gently caress was that for? I wanted Gillibrand and Al Franken twerking to "gently caress Donald Trump" while men with ski masks light molotovs

Not some old-rear end folksy hick talking "reasonable"

fyi that thing we all watched is the trotting out of the DNC's grand new strat to defeat the GOP, coddle the coal miners and "economic anxiety" issues voters.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Schnorkles posted:

the floor is granted, Mr. Gorilla.

the dems are going to, once again, joust meaninglessly after a demographic without even considering that they want anything more than empty platitudes. i swear to god there's going to be a yokel version of the fight song without understanding they could have both the yahoos and the woke coalition if they actually fought for things like higher wages and better social programs. futhermore, i

*falls through trap door to dem thread*

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Dom is Here posted:

They don't care about winning elections tho

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

oh, a lot of people on the internet think reneging is re-nigging (the first half of page one of results knows "re-nigging" is wrong, but beyond that...)

seriously though huge amounts of people think "re-nigging" is a word and it fuckin kills me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like they should've gone to the response and you just see

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Dom is Here posted:

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/836765188372193280

This is the only thing that matters tonight.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
tripreport: even though im buzzed, speech still pissed me off something fierce

now i understand how my parents got so mad about obama talking about being peaceful n stuff

waiiiiitttttt...

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Vertical Lime posted:

who told me fox news had good people

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/836777542195511296

your move shep

Van Jones said almost the exact same thing on CNN just now...

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Dom is Here posted:

Dr. Van Nostrum
Sep 14, 2007
Van Jones is a loving retard.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nichael posted:

It doesn't have to be a career killer. It doesn't have to be anything. If the DC establishment has not learned two loving years after that god drat escalator that the rules of politics have irreversibly changed, then poo poo's hopeless. This could've been anything at all, and they went with that.
they gave the speech to a kentucky politician because there is enough negative sentiment in kentucky for democrats to make a legitimate, state-wide push there. they made a good decision. it is literally the best use of this position that anyone has ever taken.

critical thinking is not hard

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the sotu response is a suicide mission most of the time, you get a few fuckin minutes in a small room somewgere after the most major scheduled address of the year, youll never come off as impressive in that context

the dnc using it as a farewell for an oldster is at least wiser than trying to improve the visibility of a rising star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/836775143573716994

• Locked thread