Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Crosspeice posted:

Are you telling me Izuna's not recruitable??? :argh:

:argh:

CptWedgie posted:

Between Azura and Izana, it's pretty obvious that her song's more along the lines of a musical prophecy than anything.

On a side note, it's kinda funny how everyone's so convinced that Zola's eccentric act couldn't possibly be how the real Izana acts... and then they meet him, and that's EXACTLY how he behaves. I mean, "Oh, ancient gods... What's up?" indeed.

I think the ancient gods appreciate the relaxed attitude in this case. I feel you can't not like this dude, at least in moderation.

Tae posted:

But he's one of your own! I refuse to believe you'd harm a fellow Nohrian.

Uh...aren't you killing Nohrians like crazy

Why should I listen to a traitor like you? You abandoned us! You have no right to tell me what to do!

I unfortunately have to side with Corrin on this (I feel dirty). There's a world of difference between what Corrin did (defection) and executing your subordinate because he failed you.
The former can be justified (say, if your emperor is Adolf mcEvilbeard), the latter is pretty much always inexcusable. Especially in this case where the plan failed because Izuna is Izuna and your dude did too good of a job impersonating him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Tae posted:

C Support

When I'm around sweets, I can't stop myself!

Well, Sakura has a sweet tooth. Hayato seems to, as well, but he's apparently in denial about it. Honestly, I don't get why people consider it "girly" or "below real men" to like sweets...

Tae posted:

Really? You seemed anguished over something.

Oboro is an insomniac workaholic. The rest of her supports with the Avatar explain why.

Tae posted:

Lady Azura, can you read minds?

Hinata is gullible. Maybe the army should send Azura to do their shopping for them instead...

Tae posted:

It's about the finer points of Nohrian cavalry tactics.

Kind of a boring support, really.

Omobono posted:

I think the ancient gods appreciate the relaxed attitude in this case. I feel you can't not like this dude, at least in moderation.

I never said I didn't like him. In fact, I like to put him in charge of the prison just because I get a kick out of his lines when you tell him to persuade a prisoner, with the kicker being the last three sound clips: "Prepare to be judged!" (loud clattering) "Oops... sorry!"

Omobono posted:

I unfortunately have to side with Corrin on this (I feel dirty). There's a world of difference between what Corrin did (defection) and executing your subordinate because he failed you.
The former can be justified (say, if your emperor is Adolf mcEvilbeard), the latter is pretty much always inexcusable. Especially in this case where the plan failed because Izuna is Izuna and your dude did too good of a job impersonating him.

I get the feeling Leo's actually trying to execute Zola for WAR CRIMES (namely, attacking a nation that Nohr isn't at war with), which is not only perfectly excusable but EXPECTED.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Omobono posted:

Alternatively, the ancient gods are Hippymasters Supreme and told him to chill out in the most righteous way, so he did. And now they're bros.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

CptWedgie posted:

On a side note, it's kinda funny how everyone's so convinced that Zola's eccentric act couldn't possibly be how the real Izana acts... and then they meet him, and that's EXACTLY how he behaves. I mean, "Oh, ancient gods... What's up?" indeed.
It's probably the best punchline to all of this; yes, the leader of a neutral region with divine spiritual power is in fact, a colossal dork. I can only imagine how Mikoto and Sumeragi handled Izana in the past.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

It's probably the best punchline to all of this; yes, the leader of a neutral region with divine spiritual power is in fact, a colossal dork. I can only imagine how Mikoto and Sumeragi handled Izana in the past.

The maxim "smile and nod" was probably involved. That and a significant quantity of "let us never speak of this again," judging from how the Avatar's siblings seem to have been unaware of how he acts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AradoBalanga posted:

Mikoto is also a dork if you read the Orochi/Corrin conversation.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Izana is my favorite character in this whole dang game (WHAT'S UP?) and I wish the rest of the cast had half the personality he did in his very minor appearances. He's like if Jack McBrayer was the Pope.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Oboro is a great character because you can toss her into any class for shits and giggles, has a cool design, and has a two-dimensional personality (compared to most other character's one).

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a good appreciation for Oboro. Out of all the characters in the game, I find her to be one of the most interesting design wise and personality wise. The fact that she's a good unit also helps. Basically, Oboro on every map forever from now on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Setsuna's Yumi-D rank, 7 MT, 55 Hit, 2 range, debuff -4 SKL/DEF/RES

This Yumi can be a really powerful weapon...if you can hit a drat thing with it. It's tied for the lowest accurate Yumi in the game, and it's only as strong as a Brass Yumi.

Pine Branch-D rank, 11 MT, 55 Hit, 1 range, -3 doubling speed

Literally the least accurate Naginata. Sure, it's one of the most powerful but good luck hitting something with it. Especially because between Ninjas and Spear Fighters, a unit's physical defense should not be an issue from this point forward.

Dawn Dragon is an online battle thing that's useless outside of that. It heals the party every turn.

Instead today's the Arena, which lets you bet materials to try and double up on them.

But it doesn't open up immediately, which sucks. Oh well.

This chapter title seems uninspired.

The road ahead seems heavily forested. Is that where we're going?
Yes. It is dense, but there's a path that leads to the Bottomless Canyon. This whole area is the domain of Mokushu, another independent nation. If we encounter any of its citizens, they should be friendly, but...
We would be wise to remember how Nohr compromised Izumo before we arrived.
I wouldn't worry about Nohr strong-arming Mokushu, milady.

Many great ninja have sharpened their craft here.
No, it's likely that Nohr's strategists would have tried to avoid this area. Even if it meant taking the long route.
And we haven't heard about any battles in the area—another good sign.
Very well. Let's proceed.

Why would they be scared, you're the prisoner

Zola! You've been following us! You're massively outnumbered, so you can't possibly be in search of a fight.

You let him go?!?!?

Relax, Corrin.
He probably just came back to offer me a chance to cut him. Wasn't that thoughtful of him.
No! Please! I'm defeated. I did not show up here to challenge all of you by myself. I came here to surrender...and to seek amnesty.
And why should we trust you?

Oh, NOW you're suspicious

Why is everyone breaking the wall

But you saw what Lord Leo was about to do to me.
I can no longer return to Nohr. I am exiled. Without the backing of an army, I am of little danger to you. But maybe I could be of some assistance...
Hmm...

I'm so confused, can't Zola literally mimic anyone perfectly? That seems like literally the perfect power to stay on the down-low and avoid trouble.

Can I cut him yet?
Eeeek! Stay away from me, please!
I think we should bring him with us.
Wait, really?
Yes, really, Corrin?
Yes. As he said, he's of little danger to us by himself. And he may prove to have some value. Lastly, it is not the Hoshidan way to turn one's back on the helpless.
You have a kind heart, Corrin. Perhaps too kind.
Oh, thank you, Prince Corrin! I can't believe I let King Garon convince me that you deserved to die.

You're overreacting, Zola.
And please remember... If any of us catch you doing ANYTHING suspicious... I WILL allow Hinoka to cut you down.
I'll always be standing by, knife at the ready, Corrin. So don't even think about doing anything stupid. You got that?
Yes, milady! (Please don't hurt me...)

*Time passes*

And I have to say. I'm enjoying this path a fair bit more than the Eternal Stairway... Are we getting anywhere close to the Bottomless Canyon, Sakura?
Yes, I believe so.
*sigh*
What's the matter? Are you getting tired?
No... I was just th-thinking about Ryoma and Takumi... Sometimes I forget that they're missing, and then when I remember... It's like a wound is freshly opened.
I know the feeling. But please try to stay positive. Worrying about it isn't going to do anything but drive you crazy.
You're right. I'll do my best!
That's the spirit.
Whoa... Watch out!
Ahhh!

*They dodge a weapon*

Get down, everyone!
This belongs to a Mokushu ninja.
I sense the presence of many... I believe we're surrounded, Corrin.
Blast! So much for Nohr staying away from Mokushu.
I'm not sure we're dealing with Nohr...
I think she's right. I know that Nohr wants no fight with the kingdom of Mokushu.
How convenient. Come here, runt.

Not until you tell us what's going on.
Gah! Your guess is as good as mine! Perhaps Nohr has made an alliance with Mokushu.

Who are you?
I am Kotaro, daimyo of Mokushu.
And what is your quarrel with is, Daimyo Kotaro? We merely seek passage through your territory.
Yes. Our understanding was that Mokushu is an independent nation. Yet you are now beholden to Nohr?
Beholden? Pah! Mokushu is beholden to no nation. Our interests simply happen to line up with those of Nohr for the time being.
Once Hoshido is defeated, King Garon will grant us considerable new territory. We've long been waiting for the chance to expand. And this war is the perfect opportunity.
So you're a war profiteer. How noble.

I don't even have words for how disappointing that is.
And even if you did, it wouldn't make a difference. Grow up, foolish Hoshidans. Only the ambitious prosper in this world.
It was careless of us not to think of this possibility.
Indeed! Now that I have you all in one place, I can end the war today. I look forward to building a castle on the smoking ruins where Hoshido once stood.
Go on, keep talking. I'll savor making you eat those words.

drat. That's a lotta ninjas.

Class Overview: Oni Savage, Spear Fighter

Oni Savage

Pair-up Bonus: +4 STR, +2 DEF
Weapon rank: Clubs (B)
Skills: (lvl 1) Seal Resistance-After battle, enemy’s Resistance -6
(lvl 10) Shove-Select the “Shove” command to push an adjacent ally 1 tile

Oni Savage are big and physical and are supposed to be sponges. Why Rinkah is your first unit that defies a lot of this, I don't know. They give great bonuses to other physical classes, though.

Spear Fighter

Pair-up Bonus: +2 STR/SKL/SPD
Weapon rank: Clubs (B)
Skills: (lvl 1) Seal Defense-After battle, enemy's Defense -6
(lvl 10) Swap-Select the “Swap” command to swap places with an adjacent ally on the map

Spear Fighter is just incredibly well-rounded. Good support bonuses, swap is okay, and Seal Defense is absurdly amazing in a class that has access to Guard Naginata. Very few enemies can survive more than 2 rounds against a Spear Fighter, regardless of how tough they are.

:siren: Vote 6 out. Stats are HERE

http://www.strawpoll.me/12433007

Voting will end in a day or so.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 28, 2017

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Are we voting 6 guys to deploy, or 6 people to bench?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bench.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

gently caress. Mokushu.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kind of like it, actually. With a conflict so apparently good-vs-evil, I like that you can find total dickbags everywhere.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I was very sad when I found out Kotaro was an enemy, I like his design.

Also I just remembered another reason why I never really used Hinata - his voice. I got used to Hinoka after a while... but Hinata, no.

Not that fond of Oboro's either, but hers is more tolerable.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I vote specifically for Saizo finishing the boss off, for Reasons.

Also, you screwed up the link to Setsuna's stats.

CptWedgie fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 28, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Slight corrections on the two weapons we just picked up: Setsuna's Yumi gives a -4 Skill/Def/Res debuff, and the Pine Branch also has 10 Crit and -10 Avoid.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
This is an obnoxious loving map, but it's Birthright map that can occasionally maybe be challenging, so I guess.... no I still hate it.

(I want to say it was this map that my Spear Fighter only challenge really started to run into problems.)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

How can you be so narcissistic?

You're the one who enjoys belittling people.

Is it really just the two of us?

You're a fashion disaster!

Voting will end soon. Voters do not like the weeeeeeeeeeed

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Tae posted:

C Support

How can you be so narcissistic?

I seriously feel like, if Subaki didn't obsess over his appearance for at least 3 hours a day, he'd expect people to say those things about him...

Tae posted:

You're the one who enjoys belittling people.

How do you have staring contests with someone whose eyes are perpetually closed, anyway?

Tae posted:

Is it really just the two of us?

I know how this goes- "a little break" quickly turns into either "I quit" or "wait, I was supposed to do that?"

Tae posted:

You're a fashion disaster!

Oboro? The whole point of being a ninja is to not be seen at all.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this map is extremely annoying in both Birthright and Revelations

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

C Support

Work your butt off? Hopefully not literally...

Takumi- well, he's oblivious.

Don't you try and lie to me!

Hey, heretic! Wait up!

Vote's over. Subaki, Hayato, Azama, Setsuna, Hana, and Hinata are out. Silas will get ALL the swords. No one will use the bows.

Asator
Oct 21, 2010

Hooray, it's my least favorite map in the game. Mokushu seems to exist just to annoy the player.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We have much more fun in Mokushu in store for us.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Tae posted:

C Support

Work your butt off? Hopefully not literally...

Maybe I should consider skipping the supports I don't have comments for...

Tae posted:

Takumi- well, he's oblivious.

Well, Hinoka's trait is "most caring in the army;" it's perfectly logical that she'd take the idea of neglecting her siblings hard.

Tae posted:

Don't you try and lie to me!

Another typical "kid phobia" for Hayato. They're going a bit overboard, I think...

Tae posted:

Hey, heretic! Wait up!

I gotta agree with Rinkah there, Azama. I mean, "desire" can mean many things... such as your addiction to trolling everyone you meet.

Anyway, I really hope you have Saizo fight the boss (not necessarily solo, but still); like I said, it's for Reasons (which I am using as shorthand for "I have beaten Birthright and know how this goes, but am forbidden from going into detail because of spoilers").

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CptWedgie posted:

Anyway, I really hope you have Saizo fight the boss (not necessarily solo, but still); like I said, it's for Reasons (which I am using as shorthand for "I have beaten Birthright and know how this goes, but am forbidden from going into detail because of spoilers").

Maybe please calm down on the wink wink, it's kinda annoying

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Azama, Setsuna, Hinata, Hana, Subaki, and Hayato are out. I'm starting to think Hayato might not see battle ever in this LP

With all the Samurai out, Silas gets to horde all the swords. All of them.

First kill goes to Orochi with Rinkah softening the target up.

Oboro is going to be a key part in this mission, being able to soak up tons of damage with the Guard Naginata and weakening the enemies to be one-turn killable next turn.

But here comes the gimmick of this mission: bamboo spikes. They deal about 10% hp loss a turn to the team, but it can't kill, so it's just annoying more than actually threatening.

Seal Defense can make even Felicia hit like a truck. (Lvl 9->+1 SKL/LCK/DEF/RES)

Dragon Corrin with Felicia's PSkill will be the 2nd key part of adsorbing all the aggro while taking very little damage himself. (lvl 12->+1 STR/LCK/DEF/RES)

The terrain's changed once the traps were triggered, although now I'm curious how they keep getting hurt by it. It's not exactly still hidden.

Saizo, please stop gaining magic

Reinforcements!

Wait...is that who I think it is?
Ungh...
Takumi! Over here!
Brother!
I'm so happy to see you again, Brother!

*An arrow flies by*

Gah! What's wrong with you? That arrow almost hit me!
Takumi, what are you doing?!
Kill...
Um...
I should have been the chosen one...
This is creepy...
*sob* Takumi... What h-happened to you?

But I am more powerful than they can imagine!
What are you saying? Snap out of it, Takumi!
Ughhhh... I will not stand in the shadows any longer... They will all see me for the first time! I will make them pay for what they've done. I will make them...I will make them...
DIE!
Takumi?!

Psst, I think he's got some issues or something

Look at the color of his eyes... Could it be? There's only one way to find out. I'll have to sing to him...

So if you remember Kellam, he was a recruitable character that was infamous for people outright missing to recruit him. This is like that, except if Kellam was literally one of the most powerful characters and especially made the current mission a million times easier.

Super Arrow Kellam, if you will.

Die. Die. Die. Die. Die. Die.
Takumi...listen to me.
You... You are...
It doesn't matter. I'm someone who can help. You're being controlled by a dark force. This is not who you are! You don't have to give in. You can survive this!
Listen carefully...

Gray Ocean Waving Time powers!~

Ugh...
Gyaaaaah!

(The melody continues while rings of light emerge from Takumi)

Takumi, can you hear me now?
Ohhhh...
Azura? Is that you?
Yes, it's me! Oh, thank goodness.
Uh...where am I?
Unfortunately, we're right in the middle of a battle. I don't really have time to explain. Are you in any condition to defend yourself?
I...I think so. I feel OK.
Very well. Just remember..

I believe in you, Takumi.
Um, OK...
That's the Takumi I remember. Now, come on! You'll need to focus to make it through this battle. *leaves*

I thought you were supposed to help him be less confused

Wait! Azura! Ugh, I'm still a bit woozy. So many questions...
I guess I'll just have to stay alive to get them answered.

So Takumi's finally on the team, officially. Lot of false alarms for him before. And don't worry too much if you for some reason didn't bring Azura, he joins afterwards with basically the same scene happening.

How good is he, though?

Oh right. He just straight up deletes enemies.

Rinkah Smash

Delete

Mozu not quite fast enough to double Ninjas even with Hinoka's help, but strong enough thanks to Oboro.

A rare Yato sighting, both to kill in one turn and build up a free guard defense.

Note Corrin and Oboro's HP under their sprites. Still pretty healthy despite constantly being pelted by debuffs and 3-4 soldiers each.

Delete.

I know Sky Knights give RES, but not THAT much Res.

Kaze got bored supporting Oboro and wants some blood himself.

Kaze is almost Rinkah's HP total despite a Seraph Robe lead. Weird.

Takumi is bored of ninja meat. Now he wants the ribs of fellow Archers

Silas got 99 swords but only 1 lance that'll actually hit

Out of the way!

Still a few ninjas left, and the mages honestly aren't a threat at this point.

I know her HP growth is bad, but man that 26 is so bad. She learns Shove which will...do stuff I guess.

Takumi is deceptively durable, at least against physical attacks. Keep him the hell away from mages.

Hinoka is sneaking around at the top to get to that treasure chest behind the boss.

Once you get far enough to the right, a stream of mage and archer reinforcements come from the middle entrance.

An aerial Shuriken slap gets Felicia to lvl 10, now with absurdly high MAG.

Orochi is going to camp out in this place for some free EXP while Corrin's group inches towards the boss.

Defenseless Shrine Maidens are nutritious for growth

Meanwhile, Mozu is busy killing actual threats that can fight back. She learns Underdog which was blah in Awakening and not that much better in Fates.

Magic...more magic. She's going to get doubled by the average enemy very soon at this rate. She's learned Future Sight, so I guess pray that she gets a lot of bonus EXP to get her out of trouble?

Free Rescue Staff. Woot.

Dual X weapons are like Reaver weapons of the past, where they reverse the weapon triangle and double the bonuses/penalties of it.

Perhaps I'll name one of the latrines in my new castle in your honor.

He keeps gaining speed, I don't understand

So I just want to inform you that the support conversations for Fates were outsourced to a different team of writers. So what you'll see gets really confusing when it's brought up again

I answer to no one. Who are you to suggest otherwise?
I am Saizo the Fifth, servant to the Hoshidan royal family.
Saizo...that's familiar. I believe I've murdered others of your pitiful lineage.
You—! How dare you! My father was an honorable man.
Honorable? Maybe. Weak? Definitely.
That balding old fool had the audacity to lecture ME! So naturally...I put an end to his life.
I knew you were the one responsible for his death. Coward!
Bwahaha! Isn't this a stroke of luck? To fell both father and son with the same blade... How poetic!
I'm about to rewrite your poem...
Please. If you're anything like your father, you won't land a single blow!

Ugh... *cough* *cough* *gurgle*
Fitting. Father, you are avenged.

Brutal. But hey, free Kodachi.

Are you just gaining MAG to spite me now

Oh right. This is a rout mission, meaning everyone has to die. Sorry, girl

W-winner....?

Units Joined

Takumi

Class sets: Starts as Archer, Spear Fighter
PSkill: Competitive-When user is the lead unit and their Level is lower than their support unit’s Level, Critical rate +10, damage +3 and damage received -1

Growth Rates
HP: 60
STR: 50
MAG: 0
SKL: 75
SPD: 55
LCK: 50
DEF: 45
RES: 20

Takumi kills things. Real well. Excellent growths, an amazing weapon that lets him breeze through terrain like hot butter, and is the answer to Fates biggest problem which are Ninjas. Why would you ever switch him to Spear Fighter.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Tae posted:

Maybe please calm down on the wink wink, it's kinda annoying

Sorry. I'll shut up about Reasons. Anyway...

Takumi - His mere existence makes Setsuna completely obsolete; while Setsuna's got stupidly high Speed, Takumi is a royal, with all that entails, and is thus actually a solid unit. Too bad he's kind of an rear end.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013

Tae posted:

Why would you ever switch him to Spear Fighter.

Seal Defense and a certain Promotion Skill, but they're more situational for him since it actually requires enemies to survive one of his attacks.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Oh, hey, cool, literally the best unit in the game. Or one of my absolute favorites at least.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yes. Yes, it's beginning to look like you are.

But hey, unique boss death conversations are cool, even if I'm unsure they show up again.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
As someone on the Conquest path, Takumi can die in a fire.

...Ok fine. He's really good, and has every counter to flyers. I don't like him because he removes all the weaknesses of an archer.

Edit: ^^^ Every time Saizo opens his blind eye is a good moment.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Takumi is definitely an rear end, but he grew on me. It helps that he's just SO loving good! He turned out to be my strongest unit in my Birthright run.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

There are a few reasons why you'd want to take Takumi out of the Archer class, and all of them are for skills that make him even more of an one-man walking apocalypse. First off, two of his Friendship supports reward him with Samurai, which allows him access to Vantage and Astra. Vantage alone is worth the effort because Takumi can effectively counter people first and wreck them before they get a chance to attack. And Astra is the same as it was in Awakening: "5 hits at reduced damage", meaning Takumi can deliver the pain in even larger doses. The other is from one of the Spear Fighter promotions, Rend Heaven (Basara, level 5). This skill allows you to add half of an enemy's listed Strength or Magic stat (depends on what weapon you use, e.g., a magic weapon applies the enemy's magic stat) to your attack as added damage, much like how Dragon Fang works. I say "listed" because if an enemy has been debuffed/has other stat reductions, Rend Heaven will use that reduced stat number instead of the unmodified stat number for the calculations.

Did we also mention the Dual weapon for bows is a yumi? Because it is. Takumi's one painfully glaring stat flaw (his Resistance) is now a relative non-issue thanks to flipping the weapon triangle around. Takumi can effectively solo nearly everything in the game with only the bare minimum of loadouts, and the few that survive will be left as easy pickings for the rest of the team. The only other real issue with Takumi is his lackluster personal skill. In order to work properly, it means keeping him underleveled or overleveling the rest of the team to take advantage of it, which is not worth it in the long run.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Played all 3 paths to exhaustion, but still never tested this:

How do Takumi and Ryoma's PSkills react to both units being at the level cap?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
God, the whole "Oh no Takumi's been possessed- oh wait he's fine two seconds later" is so clunky and badly done. It gives the impression of "why is this even here?" Yes I'm aware it's foreshadowing, but it's not done any better then, either.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Takumi is a god unit on the basis of the Fujin Yumi, because that bow also gives him Peg level movement. terrain really isn't a problem through much of the game, but its useful to have someone not suffer the movement penalty. Also, reclassing Takumi to Swordmaster gives him a unique outfit

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Something to note about Takumi's personal skill is that Felicia and Jakob will almost always be treated as a higher level than him for the purposes of activating it. If you keep them paired up or attack stancing, it'll always be active.

Even as someone who doesn't like archers much, Takumi is very useful. He's particularly good on this map and the next one, I find.

ohmygorgon
Jul 13, 2016

AradoBalanga posted:

The only other real issue with Takumi is his lackluster personal skill. In order to work properly, it means keeping him underleveled or overleveling the rest of the team to take advantage of it, which is not worth it in the long run.

Takumi actually works pretty well with Azura. If you are singing regularly, she should be your highest leveled unit, probably by a decent amount, meaning Takumi can utilize his personal all the time if he hangs out with her. She also helps patch up his speed, which is surprisingly low at base, with Inspiring Song or just Pair Up. Otherwise, as long as you keep his pair up partner the same level, which shouldn't be that hard, it still works. I generally try to give his usual pair up partner 1 level buffer above him to be safe, but even that isn't really necessary as long as you level up your army evenly. It is really one of the better personal skills for just being free damage that is almost always active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InwardChaos
Oct 21, 2010

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos.
For my Birthright and Revelations run, this map (and the next one) were the two maps that I used for support grinding. This map has an excellent choke point right in the middle of the map that is only a single tile wide, and then fans out into a 3 tile section. All you do is have the two people you are relationship grinding pair up and stand in the 1 tile corridor, and then have a healer to one side of the 3 tile section (with a 2 range healing rod), and a rally-man on the other side.

Fliers are the only problem, but they are rare, and if they are a real problem, just clear them out with your main team, and scout out a new enemy set.

• Locked thread