Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you want a game you can devote multiple hours to every day, mobile games probably aren't what you're looking for.

FEH successfully fills the niche of the game you come back to for 10-20 minutes every evening, for me at least. Every so often there's more stuff to do (i.e., a paralogue, a new set of quests) and I play longer, but I'm not stressing out about the game not holding me for hours at a time because it's not really trying to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
In my quest for Fire Emblem cheats, I have discovered that no one knows how to do anything interesting. You can get infinite leveling shards or whatever, but that's about it. And apparently many of the +10 characters encountered in Arena are Nintendo bots who exist to give whales something to fight when no one else is at their level.

Edit: That doesn't mean it's impossible, just that no one's figured out the details, or at least aren't public about it yet.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 1, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I mean these Nintendo outings are basically ads for their mainline series, anyway. You get more hours per-dollar by just ponying up and getting an actual Fire Emblem game

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Did a 5 on the current banner. Got zonked, hard.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I use my stamina every day inefficiently leveling 4*s I will never use. Up to 9 40s and 10 or so more in their mid 30s. I am glad I got Olivia up, though, my arena team has become her, Linde, Lil Tiki, and whatever idiot from the bonus group wants to sit in the corner.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Stagger_Lee posted:

I use my stamina every day inefficiently leveling 4*s I will never use. Up to 9 40s and 10 or so more in their mid 30s. I am glad I got Olivia up, though, my arena team has become her, Linde, Lil Tiki, and whatever idiot from the bonus group wants to sit in the corner.
Keep doing it/hold onto it. You might be able to burn these units for their skills once skill inheritance becomes a thing.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I don't want to burn them. I love them now. Even Cecilia, who doesn't do any damage to any possible unit at max level. If I were born a girl my mom was going to name me Cecilia. Alas.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You say that now, but Escape Route 3 would look miiiiighty good on some of these less-than-mobile characters.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone help me with my team comp? I don't have a lot of options unless there's good 4*s I don't know about.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Okay, I've got a stack of stamina potions somehow and I'm only three away from taking out fifteen level 35+ armor enemies. Getting pretty sick of redoing the eighth stratum over and over. Is there a main mission that has a lot of knights?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Okay, I've got a stack of stamina potions somehow and I'm only three away from taking out fifteen level 35+ armor enemies. Getting pretty sick of redoing the eighth stratum over and over. Is there a main mission that has a lot of knights?

The one from World of Blazing where you fight hector has two I think

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The one from World of Blazing where you fight hector has two I think

Two noblemen. About the best way to get that mission done I can think of.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Chapter 9 has 3 in Nobility and Vanity, but it's a bitch and a half to beat, so do it on Normal if you're just farming for orbs.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It does, and they're even level 35! Thank you.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Evidently I did not post my box

https://imgur.com/gallery/oG4Pj

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Agoat posted:

Evidently I did not post my box

https://imgur.com/gallery/oG4Pj

Replace Healer with Effie. There you go.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Clarste posted:

Replace Healer with Effie. There you go.

What makes her so strong?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Anyone got tips on how to make my mages not suck complete poo poo?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Agoat posted:

Your arena score is based on the total stats of the opponents you face. Having higher stats on your team matchmakes you with stronger opponents. Effie has high stats to make up for her low movement.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Level them up

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

Her stats. Look at them. They're really high. Wary Fighter combined with them makes her practically invincible. Healers are also trash for arena due to having low stats (reducing your potential points) and are ineffective since the whole point of arena is killing the other team in one or two turns through favourable match ups.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Use the weapon triangle?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Agoat posted:

Wary Fighter means that, as long as she's healthy, she can't double and can't be doubled. Not being able to get double attacked is wonderful, but not being able to double attack yourself is not so wonderful. Effie makes up for it by being stupidly strong.Like, one of the best attack stats in the game, strong. Add in Death Attack, which buffs her incredible attack even more when she attacks, and you've got yourself a monster truck of a character. Her defense is also really decent, which should keep her up and Wary Fighter active.

When skill inheritance becomes a thing, see if you can offload Bonfire onto her as a special attack, and Threaten Defense to fill up her last remaining skill slot. If weapons can also be inherited and the data minters are right, than the ranged-counter Gradivus from Camus on her will make her a destroyer of worlds. Green Tome users are the only things which really gently caress her up.

Her voice/character is also neat!

The next banner will include her, so if you still intend to summon a few more times, I say hold on and see if you get a 5* version of her!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Agoat posted:

She works out a lot.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Choose better mages.

Robin. Nino. Tharja.

Make sure they get buffs and to keep them out of harm's way as best you can if they drop a lot. Try to use the terrain a bit if you can. Playing ring-around-the-rosie with an armored unit and a forest tile is a lot of fun.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

acumen posted:

Her stats. Look at them. They're really high. Wary Fighter combined with them makes her practically invincible. Healers are also trash for arena due to having low stats (reducing your potential points) and are ineffective since the whole point of arena is killing the other team in one or two turns through favourable match ups.

Use the weapon triangle?

Tried that. Even with an advantage, they fail to do any serious damage to anyone, even those with low resistance.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Choose better mages.

Robin. Nino. Tharja.

Make sure they get buffs and to keep them out of harm's way as best you can if they drop a lot. Try to use the terrain a bit if you can. Playing ring-around-the-rosie with an armored unit and a forest tile is a lot of fun.

I wish I could roll someone that isn't loving Virion or that shitlord Odin.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Which mages? Some mage characters are the best in the current meta. Who are you having trouble with? Who do you have? Who are/aren't you using?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I am utterly short of mages myself. A 4* Tharja is the only decent one and even then, I don't use her because I have a million other red units. See if you can just live without mages if it really isn't working out.

Alternatively, if you need something to attack RES, try one of the healers. Azuma is sturdier than most character in-general and deals out good attack damage and has an after-turn auto-damage skill. Serra is also good, just keep her with "Harm" and not "Absorb."

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Which mages? Some mage characters are the best in the current meta. Who are you having trouble with? Who do you have? Who are/aren't you using?

I've got Henry, Sophia, Odin, Raigh, and Nino.
I've been currently using Henry, was using Nino.
Sophia and Odin can go gently caress off, and Raigh got benched for getting 6 consecutive lovely levels.
I'm also gonna include Corrin in there even though she isn't a mage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Sophia and Odin can go gently caress off, and Raigh got benched for getting 6 consecutive lovely levels.

Nino is really good.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Star ranks matter. Don't expect to do any damage unless you're using a 4* at minimum. In fact don't use any characters that aren't 4* minimum.

Also Henry is one of the worst mages in the game, stat-wise. Probably the worst. Depending on stars, use Nino instead.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I just did 40 straight arena matches to get the 10 crests and 1k feathers. Ended up with a 4300 run with 1 death too so not bad.

Is there any way to tell which team is arena defense? I filled up all my slots on the first day so I have no idea which team was first. Might explain the lack of defense wins.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The last Raigh I got is a 4*, same as Odin.
Nino is a 3*

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Yikes! Bench Sophia, Odin and Raigh. Henry too because his speed is rear end iirc.

Use Corrin. Corrin is a debuff machine. It'll take a while to level her up because she's better used to weaken an enemy team before other characters get in for the kill, but still, she's got a decent special attack so give one to her every now and then.

Nino, on her own, isn't great. She's got a tome that increases her damage based on the buffs that she has, so you need to pair her with Sharena or anyone else that buffs stats just by being next to her. Use Nino with Sharena (you start lance user, who's worth upgrading anyways). 3* Nino is still good because of all this.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 1, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Kyoujin posted:

I just did 40 straight arena matches to get the 10 crests and 1k feathers. Ended up with a 4300 run with 1 death too so not bad.

Is there any way to tell which team is arena defense? I filled up all my slots on the first day so I have no idea which team was first. Might explain the lack of defense wins.

Just look at the top of the screen in your edit allies screen. The first bubble is the defense team.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

Your arena score is based on the total stats of the opponents you face. Having higher stats on your team matchmakes you with stronger opponents. Effie has high stats to make up for her low movement.

The movement is hard to get around but I imagine I'll find a strategy.

acumen posted:

Use the weapon triangle?

I didn't even look. At level 10 she hits almost as hard as 5* Robin. Christ.

Roger Explosion posted:

Wary Fighter means that, as long as she's healthy, she can't double and can't be doubled. Not being able to get double attacked is wonderful, but not being able to double attack yourself is not so wonderful. Effie makes up for it by being stupidly strong.Like, one of the best attack stats in the game, strong. Add in Death Attack, which buffs her incredible attack even more when she attacks, and you've got yourself a monster truck of a character. Her defense is also really decent, which should keep her up and Wary Fighter active.

When skill inheritance becomes a thing, see if you can offload Bonfire onto her as a special attack, and Threaten Defense to fill up her last remaining skill slot. If weapons can also be inherited and the data minters are right, than the ranged-counter Gradivus from Camus on her will make her a destroyer of worlds. Green Tome users are the only things which really gently caress her up.

Her voice/character is also neat!

The next banner will include her, so if you still intend to summon a few more times, I say hold on and see if you get a 5* version of her!

This is actually really cool information. I was going to buy a multi summon outright to support Nintendo on mobile so it'd be cool to get her as 5*. I really hope skill inheritance is awesome, I want this game to be busted.

Bongo Bill posted:

She works out a lot.

Oh.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Agoat posted:

HEARD YOU TALKING poo poo LIKE I WOULDN'T FIND OUT

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Right now my arena strategy is to let Lucina, Camilla, and Takumi smash into the enemy and die, then let Effie just sweep up what's left.

It works ~90% of the time.

Effie is fantastic

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Each unit that dies lowers the points you get from that fight.

You need a better arena strategy.

Although your points on Effie are valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Just look at the top of the screen in your edit allies screen. The first bubble is the defense team.

Thanks! Can't believe I never noticed those.