Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/836667019931967488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol, nintendowned.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmaaaao

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

looks like the 'ol bait and switch

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Does Stardew Valley even need multiplayer? It's a farming sim, not TF2 or Overwatch or whatever.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Blaster master was pretty good though. If Nintendo throws in a new power blade and Tiger heli i am in.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
you can now play farmville on the switch, we truly live in blessed times

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

On the plus side, I bet Scorpio is rad as gently caress and it's arguably the more interesting console coming out this year.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dr.Smasher posted:

Does Stardew Valley even need multiplayer? It's a farming sim, not TF2 or Overwatch or whatever.

stardew valley is extremely good but idk what multiplayer would even be

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

a new study bible! posted:

On the plus side, I bet Scorpio is rad as gently caress and it's arguably the more interesting console coming out this year.

Hmm yes another underpowered pc, sounds fuckin epic

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hmm yes another underpowered pc, sounds fuckin epic

If you want to be derivative about it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I still play Yoshi's Island on SNES and it's literally better than any game that will ever come out on switch.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Applewhite posted:

I still play Yoshi's Island on SNES and it's literally better than any game that will ever come out on switch.

What about the Yoshi's Island 4k release that is bound to happen.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Even the most powerful console is underpowered compared to the unlimited potential of imagination.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

so the giant bomb switch broke before the system has even seen a wide release

the joycons hosed up somehow

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I switched my mind and cancelled my preorder. WiiU will have to do.©

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Thw switch thread is circle jerking because of NINDIES (nintendo indies loloL!!!) and I just want to kill them all gangland style

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Applewhite posted:

same but original super mario world

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Blue Raider posted:

stardew valley is extremely good but idk what multiplayer would even be

I dunno

Maybe it's just a race to see who can bone Leah or Emily or that one emo dude who drinks a lot

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Applewhite posted:

What about Yoshi's Island on Nintendo Virtual Console? Haha, looks like you got trapped!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Code Jockey posted:

same but original super mario world

same but Shaq Fu

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

jyrque posted:

What about Yoshi's Island on Nintendo Virtual Console? Haha, looks like you got trapped!

lol nintendo doesnt release good games on virtual console

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Agreed Shaq Fu is missing :sad:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Professor SJW posted:

lol nintendo doesnt release good games on virtual console

nintendo has been milking that heifer too long, the udder has dried up. its time to grind it up and get some hamburger. xbox and playstation both have online services for game, why not kick their rear end and do netflix for ROMs? none of this $5 for Castlevania 2 bullshit, just a monthly fee and i can play any and all NES/SNES/N64/Gameboy games i want on the Switch.

i might actually consider paying money for that

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

nintendo has been milking that heifer too long, the udder has dried up. its time to grind it up and get some hamburger. xbox and playstation both have online services for game, why not kick their rear end and do netflix for ROMs? none of this $5 for Castlevania 2 bullshit, just a monthly fee and i can play any and all NES/SNES/N64/Gameboy games i want on the Switch.

actually yeah that is a really good idea

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rutibex posted:

OR

just hear me out here

you just :filez: the poo poo out of ROMs and save yourself the embarrassement of telling your friends 'hey come over I got a Switch'

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

OR

just hear me out here

you just :filez: the poo poo out of ROMs and save yourself the embarrassement of telling your friends 'hey come over I got a Switch'

well yeah you computer janitors and me for some reason know how to do that, but your average dumb kid or soccer mom think they'll go to jail if they try to play a 28-year-old nintendo game without paying for it

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
i for one look forward to the nintendo switch's impending success and dominance of the videogame market

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Polygon posted:

Nintendo Switch units at Walmart will be available to walk-in customers
No pre-order required

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/28/14762584/nintendo-switch-launch-walmart

lol

This is definitely because of an excellent supply chain and Nintendo prioritizing customer satisfaction over artificial scarcity, and not 'because no-one preordered a Switch'

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Homestar Runner posted:

i for one look forward to the nintendo switch's impending success and dominance of the videogame market

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.Smasher posted:

OR

just hear me out here

i already do this. but i might consider giving nintendo money anyway, if they made an actual good service (and a good N64 emulator). but i am certainly not going to pay for a highly inferior product

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Professor SJW posted:

same but Shaq Fu

I cannot argue with this, I've been outdone.

also if Nintendo did a Netflix for old games it would make them Scrooge McDuck money but I imagine the licensing has got to be difficult, though I wonder about that since Nintendo was kind of known for their licensing deals back in the day

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rutibex posted:

Xbox just announced Netflix for games. Lol at Nintendo ever being competitive.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The success of the Nintendo Classic shows that people now don't mind paying a nominal fee for something that, while in many ways inferior to other options, is wrapped up in a pretty loving first-party package and triggers their nostalgia. Naturally, Nintendo seems incapable of fully capitalizing on that.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

what's a good gamecube game other than the zeldas and metroid primes? dolphin emulator is :krad:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Professor SJW posted:

what's a good gamecube game other than the zeldas and metroid primes? dolphin emulator is :krad:

smash brothers

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
It's licensing fees that is the problem. Wii VC had tons of games for most popular platforms that didn't make it to Wii U and consequently Switch won't get any of them either without a relicensing process

Considering most source code for old games is long forgotten in someone's sock drawer or been written over it's unlikely retro games will see a commercial revival.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

smash brothers

isn't that only good if you have other people to play with you? should i ask my friends over so we can smash?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Rutibex posted:

i already do this. but i might consider giving nintendo money anyway, if they made an actual good service (and a good N64 emulator). but i am certainly not going to pay for a highly inferior product

until nintendo pulls its head out of its rear end with making people rebuy the same games on different systems through the virtual console, they can gently caress themselves even if they make the best service ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Yeah as mentioned earlier get a wii u and mod it with glorious emulators

• Locked thread