Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Holy poo poo the Iraqi child. :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I wrote a python program to get around having to click "download image". Clearly I'm too lazy for 2 minutes in GIMP. :qq:

I've mentioned it before when I've posted them, but The Nib/Matt Bors has a tumblr where the comics are posted as single images instead of multiple.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Funerary post for KKKlurf when I get home.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Regarding multi-imaged comics or comics otherwise using obfuscation to prevent sharing, you should only ever share through approved means and totally, totally not search for one of many browser plugins that will take a full sreenshot of the site you are on, from top to bottom of the scrollbar because that's eeeeeeevil :wink:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Suck on this, libs! :smug:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's pretty ironic: if there's one thing I know about conservatives, it's that they hate the government telling them what to eat or how to cook their food.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Pants Donkey posted:

Holy poo poo the Iraqi child. :perfect:

Looks like a whitewash of one of the Abu Ghraib photos with one of his dog paintings to me. Or am I missing something?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"So, it says here your last job was freelance. You made a political cartoon?"

"Uh....y....yeah, just a...small thing..."

" I looked online and....well I don't think you're Applebees material son."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

Looks like a whitewash of one of the Abu Ghraib photos with one of his dog paintings to me. Or am I missing something?

Roruz probably thought this was an allusion to this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0mS5I-j_Gc

But the painting does seem to be derived from Lynndie England and "Gus".

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

OldTennisCourt posted:

"So, it says here your last job was freelance. You made a political cartoon?"

"Uh....y....yeah, just a...small thing..."

" I looked online and....well I don't think you're Applebees material son."

Yeah, all KKKlurf would have done when that white trash motherfucker ran in and confessed is give him a free drink :v:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Potato Salad posted:

Regarding multi-imaged comics or comics otherwise using obfuscation to prevent sharing, you should only ever share through approved means and totally, totally not search for one of many browser plugins that will take a full sreenshot of the site you are on, from top to bottom of the scrollbar because that's eeeeeeevil :wink:

Or use Windows' built in Snipping tool.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Yeah, all KKKlurf would have done when that white trash motherfucker ran in and confessed is give him a free drink :v:

Would you like to order the...ugh.....Meximassive Margerita?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Jay Rust posted:

It's pretty ironic: if there's one thing I know about conservatives, it's that they hate the government telling them what to eat or how to cook their food.

FWIW this would, iirc, get you to medium/medium well.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Discendo Vox posted:

I'll take my chances with the horrible diseases

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Yes, CONGRESSIONAL travel budgets. That's what's in the news lately.

Marlette is in no way deflecting.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Yes, CONGRESSIONAL travel budgets. That's what's in the news lately.

Marlette is in no way deflecting.

Marlette's a lefty. It's probably something specific to NC politicians.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Discendo Vox posted:

I order medium well because I'm a tasteless heathen. Even *I* won't put ketchup on my steak.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Keiya posted:

I order medium well because I'm a tasteless heathen. Even *I* won't put ketchup on my steak.

Well, sure. The USDA doesn't recommend you put ketchup on your steaks.

Yet. Welcome to Trump's America!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Discendo Vox posted:

He's been running a lot more both-sides lately. But I'm not disagreeing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I've just checked. It's in response to a specific USA Today article. I knew Doug, and I'd be astonished if anyone related to him was to the right of Trotsky.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

"Eggs Cook until yolk and white are firm"

I'll have my yolk runny and my steak rare and take my chances.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Discendo Vox posted:

Fair enough, I just wish more attention was being paid to the fact that little donald is spending millions on superfluous travel, and "budget conscious" republicans are sitting on their hands.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

OMB: This is the cost assessment FY17.

WH: This isn't the assessment we asked for *scratches out presidential domestic travel costs, fires OMB admins until someone willing to lie publishes it*

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Some international cartoons:

"The Little Prince," Antonio Rodriguez, Mexico

"The Dictator's Crown," Mohammed Sabaaneh, Palestine

"Nuclear Peace?", Fabio Magnasciutti, Italy

"Europe Versus Migrants," Yoemnis DelToro, Cuba

"Triumph of Darkness," Steve Bonello, Malta

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Trump obviously had them change it so that all steaks have to be cooked until they're dry, hard, and flavorless.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

hooman posted:

"Eggs Cook until yolk and white are firm"

I'll have my yolk runny and my steak rare and take my chances.

Is steak tartare now transgressive? Like I need another excuse.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

loquacius posted:

Hi thread, I'm back, have a Bors

TBF though you get pretty much this same reaction if you say putting ketchup on steak is gross in a lot of SA subforums

gotta be honest, even tho i don't like steak like that, i can't care about trump liking it at all

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Seriously, can Prickley City gently caress off for a month or two? I'm desperately sick of its current holding pattern.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Seriously, can Prickley City gently caress off for a month or two? I'm desperately sick of its current holding pattern.

It'll be worth the wait when the murder suicide of Carmen and Gary Johnson in a hot air balloon strip shows up.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Less than a month.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm enjoying it since it mirrors my few conservative friends. They wanted Trump in a completely nihilistic way but that was safe because (as funny as that would be) Trump is never going to win.

Once he won the primary their brains broke but that brokenenessnessness made them nostalgic for Obama (seriously). But he was still "telling it like it is" and all kinds of other conservative claptrap.

When he won the Presidency they all got real quite. Because gently caress, what next?

The administration, that's what's next. It hasn't been fun and they've been melting down. It's been fun to watch and I'd rather an honest pol cartoon where that meltdown happens over the naked fascism that has always been there. As someone who still gets probated because they are a what amounts to a "premature antifascist" watching protofascists getting what they want freaking out is sweet like honey.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Is there a good reason to continue posting Prickly City in this thread?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I had hope when he commitee to an animal design for Trump as opposed to weird human/skunk hybrid, but then he backslid into vague despair.

He's been doing this since November 8th, and it's a big loving nothing every day. I wonder how Allie feels about illustrating another man's months-long breakdown.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

FBS posted:

Is there a good reason to continue posting Prickly City in this thread?

As a traditional newspaper strip it probably reaches one of the wider audiences of anything that gets posted here (admittedly still probably not all that much, insert newspaper circulation numbers joke). I also think it's kind of an interesting look at how one of the generally more level-headed conservative cartoonists is reacting to Trump, although apparently the answer is "So poorly we've had a solid month of existential despair."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pants Donkey posted:

I had hope when he commitee to an animal design for Trump as opposed to weird human/skunk hybrid, but then he backslid into vague despair.

He's been doing this since November 8th, and it's a big loving nothing every day. I wonder how Allie feels about illustrating another man's months-long breakdown.

Given the art quality decay, either he's breaking down too or he's phoning it it.

Does he still do his own comics? What are they like? Is he also anti-Trump or do we have a pro-Trump got illustrating anti-Trump comics?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Given the art quality decay, either he's breaking down too or he's phoning it it.

Does he still do his own comics? What are they like? Is he also anti-Trump or do we have a pro-Trump got illustrating anti-Trump comics?
I could never tell if Allie was a true believer or not. tbh his brand of conservatism always seemed to me as though it began and ended at contrarian Heh Naïve Dem-Loving Libtards :smug: poo poo, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had just enough self awareness to realise the current administration is indefensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

America actually wants to hear the political opinions of the poor black gay people, AGC

• Locked thread