Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

It says "once you've completed appropriate quest" so I assume drop-only gems won't be making an appearance

They will because of SSF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

panda clue posted:

They will because of SSF.

The drop-only gems are Empower/Enlighten/Enhance, Added Chaos Damage, Detonate Mine, and Portal.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Moddington posted:

The drop-only gems are Empower/Enlighten/Enhance, Added Chaos Damage, Detonate Mine, and Portal.

I was specifically thinking of Added Chaos, which I imagine will get thrown on the vendor. Probably Detonate Mine too, because why not. Portal... who knows. The other three are frequently sold by masters (at a retarded rate, but hey, if you want SSF you got the option).

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Rip siege ballista

Signal Fire wasn't touched I see no problem.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
no aoe buffs to vortex, now im really reluctant to play ignite vortex

maybe quill rain explosive arrow. or dual wield brutus lead sprinker, go for iron grip and some kind of projectile skill, get strength scaling for both flat elemental, %projectile damage, and life. and add geofri's + shaper's touch and go hybrid

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hm is KOTF still worth doing? Reach got nerfed but Opus is still good; Drillneck nerf sucks but will it make it bad?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Hm is KOTF still worth doing? Reach got nerfed but Opus is still good; Drillneck nerf sucks but will it make it bad?

Neither of those would make it bad.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Really fighting the urge to just do the same exact thing I did last league, SRS -> HOWA.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Duck and Cover posted:

Signal Fire wasn't touched I see no problem.

i need to get me one of them

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Jesus thats a ton of changes. Took forever to read through and I still don't remember half the loving uniques that they are buffing.

On thing that they didn't explicitly mention in the notes is that you can chance league uniques whenever that specific league stone is active.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

StashAugustine posted:

Now that I thought about it more the assassin version is almost the same using an opus. I would check out other options for an end game quiver though.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

StashAugustine posted:

Opus was always really close anyway. It'll still work, but you might want to consider dropping pierce and using another quiver, running chain on your LA and something else on Barrage.

You may also be able to pick up some more damage on the tree, depending on the routing changes in ranger/shadow and where they moved Revenge of the Hunted.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

dyzzy posted:

Yeah I think pathfinder doomfletch will be my endgame build. Doesn't look like it got touched at all, if anything the tree changes give it more damage.

e: you'd probably still run drillneck if I'm not missing anything

Same, no nerf to any op flasks or ES means go time for me

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So what's everyone doing for season starter? I'm running a slayer cyclone build, how's about you folks

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Most likely Vaal Spark, with a chance of Raider Ngahamu's Cyclone but the AE nerfs kinda suck.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I DONT KNOWWWWWWWW

CHOICE OVERLOAD

edit: since doubledipping is still in, some flavour of berserker abyssal cry, probably blade flurry cwc bladefall. it may be the last time i get to experience the unholy trinity of 100% leech, VP and doubledipping.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 1, 2017

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Having a HARD time deciding. I want something that will clear really fast so I'm considering going back to the Obliterate KB well, though I hate clearing bosses with the build now. BV obliteration was also a consideration. Or that abyssal cry build. Or...

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Unless the tree changes inspire some other grand idea or somehow make this worse, I'm planning on trying a Doomfletch's Prism+Skirmish Siege Ballista elemental damage build using Raider.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Either Flameblast Inquisitor (totems) or Trickster ED. Same two as before the patch notes, seeing as not much changed for Flameblast and nothing changed for ED

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I think I'm gonna go for Burning Arrow with the new threshold jewel and get a good ignite double dip build going.

Edit: wait no I forgot, I was gonna go Glacial Cascade. Probably better to do that so that I don't get too attached to double dipping.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 1, 2017

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

probably gonna play berserker EA or pathfinder BV or some other pathfinder garbage

do wanna try frost blades at some point this league though

Metallia fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 1, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think I'm going to go with a Viper Strike/Flicker Strike Raider.

Ask me again in 10 minutes and I'll probably give you a different answer though. Stupid analysis paralysis.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

quote:

Berek's Respite: Lightning Damage up to 25-30%. Added fire damage now (20-25) to (30-50) to attacks and spells. Now shocks all nearby enemies on killing a shocked enemy. Now ignites all nearby enemies on killing an ignited enemy.
Damnit I wanted to play with Taming this league. Now it'll be more expensive.

quote:

Concentrated Effect Support now has 30% less Area of Effect for supported skills (from 25% less Radius) and now grants 35% More Area Damage at Level 1 (from 40%) to 54% More Area Damage at Level 20 (from 59%).
That's actually a buff to AOE, not bad. Too bad about the damage though.

When's the updated tree out?

lurksion fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 1, 2017

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

quote:

Major Features and Content
Lioneye's Watch now has stairs.

Deserved first spot.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Thursday (NZT): Skill Tree and Item Filter Information

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Of the buffed uniques with real reasons to take them now, which of them look build viable?
Geofri's chest looks like it could fit into a strength stacking caster,

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Any math nerds know how Tidebreaker is going to stack up against the good end-game 2h weapons assuming 10-12 Endurance Charges?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Of the buffed uniques with real reasons to take them now, which of them look build viable?

nah it's a kinda trap imo, you might theorycraft an IW Guardian with shaper gloves etc but in the end it's still mediocre

like, if you find a 6L go knock yourself out, but I doubt it'll be worth investing in

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Kinda disappointed there was almost no changes to the items for my WI build planned...Sin Trek got some more ES at least so no nerfs. Overall though a lot of fun changes it seems like.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

Any math nerds know how Tidebreaker is going to stack up against the good end-game 2h weapons assuming 10-12 Endurance Charges?

The endurance charge thing is almost certainly global, so it's roughly equal to a 450ish pdps weapon if you aren't going hard into stun.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

nah it's a kinda trap imo, you might theorycraft an IW Guardian with shaper gloves etc but in the end it's still mediocre

like, if you find a 6L go knock yourself out, but I doubt it'll be worth investing in

Brutus' Lead Sprinkler got Adds 2-4 damage per 10 STR so there will already be STR stacking builds. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't use Sanctuary/Shaper gloves.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm pretty excited to use that brain scrambler unique or whatever it's called. Maybe static strike since that got a buff too.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Terminus est flicker sure sounds good now.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Delerion posted:

Terminus est flicker sure sounds good now.

Yeah, but everyone looking at this notes is thinking that.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
I can't see any changes to the Blood Magic nodes, which I thought they said would be changing in the manifesto??

Oh well, gifts from above might be good on the iron will scorching ray/searing bond Inquisitor I'm planning on starting with. Was hoping to see a small buff to Doon's at least.

My dual Touch of Anguish lightning to cold lightning strike build is destroyed with that Call of the Brotherhood build I think, unless the new physical to cold nodes are enough for the full conversion

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Thinking of doing something different this league. Took a break during Breach, but the league before that I used the absurd pathfinder BV build to finally kill uber atziri, as well as Shaper. So this league I wanted to do something fun with maybe fast clear speed. Obviously Vaal Spark is an option but I'm not really that keen on it, especially for a starter build. Instead I've been looking at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ODNhifZmko

Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/crackred/characters

It's half finished by the guy's own admission (and plenty of room in his gear for improvement) but it looks pretty fun. Just need some ideas for ways to improve it. First thing I had in mind was swapping in Voidwalker for phasing+pierce, and maybe using shield slam for mobility? Basically play it like vaal spark except with dropping totems.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

I can't see any changes to the Blood Magic nodes, which I thought they said would be changing in the manifesto??

Oh well, gifts from above might be good on the iron will scorching ray/searing bond Inquisitor I'm planning on starting with. Was hoping to see a small buff to Doon's at least.

My dual Touch of Anguish lightning to cold lightning strike build is destroyed with that Call of the Brotherhood build I think, unless the new physical to cold nodes are enough for the full conversion

imo Doon's buff is the buff to all the other strength caster items

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm going to pick Shadow and see what happens.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm going to pick Shadow and see what happens.

You'll be a gardener clearing the weeds so the crops may grow, until you realise how much this place wants you dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i might play a black man

• Locked thread