Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Doom Mathematic posted:

I wonder what people even think "tuned" or "channel" mean in this context anymore.

youtube

a black sky w "the content you have requested has been blocked by Maas Biolabs, Entertainment Division"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

istr that, ironically, a broken youtube video does have a static effect playing in the background

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

sometimes it does, other times it doesnt. not sure what types of error trigger it tho

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Doom Mathematic posted:

I wonder what people even think "tuned" or "channel" mean in this context anymore.

the cyberpunk future will truly arrive when seeing the sky is a quaint notion

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

the wizardpunk future will truly arrive when seeing the sky is a quaint notion

didn't avoid seeing the sky but i managed a week and 1300mi of travel once without being under it once

(got on the cta blue line at division, you navigate ord all-indoors, air conditioned walkway to parking garage at mia, parking garage at home, and i had the parking garage pass at work that week too)

much better now, i'm literally outside in a hammock

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

the cyberpunk future will truly arrive when seeing the sky is a quaint notion

There is a manga called "Blame!" where the entire planet has been transformed into one giant megastructure filled will mutants and genocidal robots. There is no concept of sky, no idea of what ground is, just endless metal panels, wires, and pipes. It's almost all wide shots of the inside of the megastructure with really impressive amount of detail. It is also bleak.

Here is a sample.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Cocoa Crispies posted:

didn't avoid seeing the sky but i managed a week and 1300mi of travel once without being under it once

(got on the cta blue line at division, you navigate ord all-indoors, air conditioned walkway to parking garage at mia, parking garage at home, and i had the parking garage pass at work that week too)

much better now, i'm literally outside in a hammock

mm 50 and raining, great hammock weather

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

okay is that receding stairs or just extreme high-stakes wall climbing on the left

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Devtac company, in collaboration with Trust International Group, is developing a new combat assault helmets for special operations force and special weapons assault team.

The new unique full-face helmets were unveiled at IDEX 2017 defence show in Abu Dhabi. According to a company, eight countries have expressed interest and already have ordered samples for testing then.

The unique full-face combat assault helmet is equipped to protect soldiers from shrapnel and deadly headshots. With a construction capable of stopping a .44 Magnum, this makes for a serious protection during special operations. Stopping a bullet with a ballistic mask doesn’t mean soldier walk away unscathed, but full-face helmet increase the chance of survival.

The assault helmet is held together by neodymium N52 magnets that allow users to attach and remove the stock bulletproof cheek plates and install separate sights or optics.

DEVTAC Japan is a protective gear company that manufactures ballistic helmets and ballistic wearable gear.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

citizen. pick up that can

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

good to see your mom made it to the cyberpunk future

Sagebrush posted:

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
meanwhile, the well prepared cyberpunks have developed a stylish ballistic facemask of their own

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
walk away. just walk away.
        \

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

angry_keebler posted:

meanwhile, the well prepared cyberpunks have developed a stylish ballistic facemask of their own

i have no mouth and i must docublog

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

angry_keebler posted:

"so how is your re-filming of the man in the iron mask going? splendid!"

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sagebrush posted:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/FDNY/status/838936995732852737

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/SonnyMarchbanks/status/824327698172542976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SwitchbladeKult posted:

There is a manga called "Blame!" where the entire planet has been transformed into one giant megastructure filled will mutants and genocidal robots. There is no concept of sky, no idea of what ground is, just endless metal panels, wires, and pipes. It's almost all wide shots of the inside of the megastructure with really impressive amount of detail. It is also bleak.

Here is a sample.

Blame! rules

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

first time cause it probably took them 5 years to go through the procurement process to make sure everyones hands got greased

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lol

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i specifically asked for this

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
it's just not the same without the cool shades

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ehhh, I'd rather have a skull gun, but this'll do

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Agile Vector posted:

i specifically asked for this

What a shame, I should've gotten this sooner

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

haveblue posted:

frankly he's coming across as a bit of a chump by not having the gun built into the arm

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

haveblue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvMh1HnpZI

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

frankly he's coming across as a bit of a chump by not having the gun built into the arm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB7Ljo2iFnU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they're rebooting the matrix

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

hifi posted:

https://twitter.com/partydogge/status/841838911609434112

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

hifi posted:

18 year uptime isn't bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

hifi posted:

lol wut?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the matrix is going down in [1] minutes, please disconnect from reality

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hifi posted:

they better have keanu reeves in it

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

google says it's michael b jordan so morpheus can be like "where's wallace" while he's looking for the one

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

I'm really looking forward to Blame!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

hifi posted:

time is cyclical

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

something something eternal return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Trabandiumium posted:

18 year uptime isn't bad

lol

• Locked thread