Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

cairn:

1. stay close to him, a lot of times i see idiots kes people standing a long way off and getting knocked back repeatedly. if you stay close, he can't knock you back (except when he can)
2. use the pony dash liberally. the reason i keep trying to sneak challenge mote on this fight is because i'm a brony i like the skill so much. it's also pretty funny watching people using it accidentally, but it's also extremely fun to just have it pop off and move you
3. you don't have to stand in the green circles if you don't want to. the lift is short and does little damage, but applies a lot of slow-down stacks. again, pony dash is the best, because it ignores all that
4. stay the gently caress away from the edge
5. try to keep your cooties on one side of the boss, if you run a tempest healer, keep them with the cooties so the heals go out correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

can someone work out this packet loss bullshit for me, i can see what everyone is doing on my screen but half the time my skills don't work and there's lag and disconnects, but some of the time i can play just fine? it's like my outgoing packets are being dropped and then so is my connection

guild chat will work just fine always, but map/say chat and actual gameplay is a bust

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Try https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#-diag should give you a text file with network diagnostics, and more importantly where the packet loss occurs. Not much you can do about PL sadly if it's not happening at home. Call your isp and complain or try using a vpn and see if the situation improves. (May or may not help as you may end up taking the same lovely route to the servers nonetheless)

Aug 24, 2011

the super fun problem is that it's intermittent, completely messes up whatever i'm currently doing - pvp, raids, anything requiring a constant stable connection - may or may not disconnect me, then vanishes without a trace

the only thing that remains is its calling card... a four digit ping value, which returns to 3 digits a short while later

the moment i'm writing this, everything is fine and good. skills activate properly, chat works, etc. even when everything buggers up i can still use the rest of my internet. and nobody else seems to be having these issues, so it must be my end

i wouldn't wish this on anyone, except for the knowledge that i'm not alone, so that somebody in a position to fix this could do so

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's divine punishment for asurabutt.jpg

Or for living in Australia.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

orcane posted:

Or for living in Australia.

loving drop bears on the line.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Mudfish is really cheap and works for me, though it's a bit confusing to set up

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
This is a cool thing. https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5whn8v/bgdm_v20_new_ui_was_just_released/

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So is engineer considered a hard class? Is it effective in wvw? It's my only 80 and I haven't really played in over a year, but even back then I felt like I never really had a good game plan and was just sort of randomly spamming a lot of the powers. I was considering boosting a warrior to 80 because it seems like it would be easier, but I'm not sure if that's actually the case or not since I've never played a warrior beyond level 20 or so (and that was a long time ago).

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

where the red fern gropes posted:

the super fun problem is that it's intermittent, completely messes up whatever i'm currently doing - pvp, raids, anything requiring a constant stable connection - may or may not disconnect me, then vanishes without a trace

the only thing that remains is its calling card... a four digit ping value, which returns to 3 digits a short while later

the moment i'm writing this, everything is fine and good. skills activate properly, chat works, etc. even when everything buggers up i can still use the rest of my internet. and nobody else seems to be having these issues, so it must be my end

i wouldn't wish this on anyone, except for the knowledge that i'm not alone, so that somebody in a position to fix this could do so

no one d/cs like gaston
drops packets like gaston
drives up your ping for fingats like gaston

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon are you now stealing internet from the old folks home along with your electricity

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Finally got my hammer tonight and I look awesome, thanks for the help Pathoschild

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

One day I will be allowed to play my engi again, and on that day I get my hammer.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Finally got my hammer tonight and I look awesome, thanks for the help Pathoschild

Why hasn't anyone made their engineer look like Mario yet with that giant plumbers tool?

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

I did not know that they were making Dead Space 4.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Vidmaster posted:

I did not know that they were making Dead Space 4.

I'sfat Porke

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

:spergin:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

drat that looks great

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Lose everything but the helmet, Lord Humungus

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ty all, these are my muscles

Indentured Servant
Aug 31, 2008
Please don't inject synthol, it's dangerous.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
Friend of All Children

Can you spot what's wrong with those gauntlets I've been using for three weeks now?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I'm actually surprised it let you equip the gloves because I'm pretty sure last time I tried to equip something without first selecting the stats it brought the select stats page up automatically.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I first thought it was the "amazingly soft and supple" part.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

orcane posted:

I first thought it was the "amazingly soft and supple" part.

He was talking about the gloves not Arus.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

DonVincenzo posted:

Can you spot what's wrong with those gauntlets I've been using for three weeks now?

This happened to me a while back but with my back piece. And I know I selected its stats a long time ago too, it's odd.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 1, 2017

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
Friend of All Children

Geekslinger posted:

He was talking about the gloves not Arus.

Except while Arus is amazingly soft let me tell you he is very far from being supple.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Insert name here posted:

I'm actually surprised it let you equip the gloves because I'm pretty sure last time I tried to equip something without first selecting the stats it brought the select stats page up automatically.

If you double click to equip, then it pops up the select stats first. If you equip it by dragging from the hero screen, then it won't prompt you. I did that with my backpiece after infusing it a while ago too.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

DonVincenzo posted:

Yeah, you're using flame legion runes, wtf dude, scholar alldayerryday

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I should really finish my Spinal Blades pack someday, I only ever got up to Advanced. Now, how many blade shards do I need?

...Oh.

Oh.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So, I want to get my hands on HoT but not pay $50 bucks for it.

I got some Amazon gift cards from work so I'd rather get it from there; does anybody know if the physical version comes with a code? I don't live in the states but I have a friend who I could send it to and email me the code if that's the case, it comes down to 30 for game + shipping from 3rd party sellers, and I'm guessing since it's physical and not a code that it's not a G2A situation where I'd be screwing the developers? (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this, not used to buying games from amazon 3rd party sellers).

Cheers.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I should really finish my Spinal Blades pack someday, I only ever got up to Advanced. Now, how many blade shards do I need?

...Oh.

Oh.

I wish they weren't account bound. I have a few thousand in my bank in case I decide I want to make a green or red one someday, but I think I've got another 1500 more than I'd need for both of those. Account bound unsellable stuff is dumb sometimes.

Also requested: a way to sell my extra Aurellium and airship oil since I have SO MUCH

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

I got some Amazon gift cards from work so I'd rather get it from there; does anybody know if the physical version comes with a code? I don't live in the states but I have a friend who I could send it to and email me the code if that's the case, it comes down to 30 for game + shipping from 3rd party sellers, and I'm guessing since it's physical and not a code that it's not a G2A situation where I'd be screwing the developers? (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this, not used to buying games from amazon 3rd party sellers).

Cheers.

It's only $30 on Dlgamer and they are a official seller for Anet. You'll get a key pretty much immediately.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
You can make shards in the toilet for not that much gold if I recall.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

knowonecanknow posted:

You can make shards in the terlet for not that much gold if I recall.

'Course, it's shank or be shanked.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Cheers.

http://www.dlgamer.us/download-guild_wars_2_heart_of_thorns-pc_games-p-29808.html

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Edmond Dantes posted:

Cheers.

The physical copies are just an empty dvd case with a code in and instructions on where to create your account/download the game.

Aug 24, 2011

JohnnyCanuck posted:

...Oh.

Oh.

they drop from nightmare fractal, i got a few hundred off there

PhoenixShen
Feb 13, 2016

You can convert sprockets to shards in the toilet. I think the instructions are on the wiki.

That's what I did to get mine to ascended. Not going to bother buying the color globes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

CLAM DOWN posted:

Arus what are you wearing?

• Locked thread