Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

I had hope when he commitee to an animal design for Trump as opposed to weird human/skunk hybrid, but then he backslid into vague despair.

He's been doing this since November 8th, and it's a big loving nothing every day. I wonder how Allie feels about illustrating another man's months-long breakdown.

He needs to retool the strip.

Change the mouthpiece to an armadillo that keeps getting owned in three-panel-long debates, and change the coyote to a rural trucker that never left his hometown but is surprisingly articulate about liberal values.

And pray that Trudeau finally goes for full retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

Given the art quality decay, either he's breaking down too or he's phoning it it.

Does he still do his own comics? What are they like? Is he also anti-Trump or do we have a pro-Trump got illustrating anti-Trump comics?
For about two years now he's been focused ln local politics. If you want to know what they're like, it's that Madigan is bad. That's seriously it.

He never seemed like a huge trump fan, but he's probably happy just to have Republicans in power

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Stantis has been complete white noise to me since the election. I don't even notice I skip over it until someone quotes it and starts a discussion on it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Scott Stantis and the descent into madness.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wonder if hes actually depressed a f

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Why is there a pacman in the desert?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Prickly City is likely going to maintain this :airquote: pace until a Democrat either does, or (more likely) is perceived to have done something bad enough to distract from Trump's latest endorsement of a hate crime.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Vib Rib posted:

"How could this have happened!?" he lamented, completely free of irony

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vib Rib posted:

Fucks like you thought it would be cool and edgy to establish yourselves as counterculture warriors for the Clinton administration, equivocating endlessly on BOTH SIDES bullshit, and got someone who is now making a task force to pin crimes by some immigrants on all immigrants, burning cash on the military and wall, warmongering over the middle east and reassuring us that, in an ecosystem where it is hard enough to be careful with the drugs that go in your body, that killing the FDA really is happening.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"How could this have happened!?" he lamented, completely free of irony

I think I can help here.

The King of Castilla and the Queen of Aragon where killing the last muslims of the iberian peninsula.

Then a italian con-men managed to convince them about "A Weird Trick" to get to india faster navigating to the west, instead through muslim waters.

I think that it pretty-much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Baloogan posted:

wonder if hes actually depressed a f

he needs to find c-spam

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The especially ironic part of this cartoon is all the posts that have been cropping up in my Facebook feed about how La La Land is a white-supremacist propaganda film

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That last panel....

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tei posted:

I think I can help here.

The King of Castilla and the Queen of Aragon where killing the last muslims of the iberian peninsula.

Then a italian con-men managed to convince them about "A Weird Trick" to get to india faster navigating to the west, instead through muslim waters.

I think that it pretty-much.

So basically, the colonization of America is because of rich whiteys going all ":argh: MUSLIMS! :argh:"? That makes a lot of sense indeed, thanks Tei.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

So basically, the colonization of America is because of rich whiteys going all ":argh: MUSLIMS! :argh:"? That makes a lot of sense indeed, thanks Tei.

More like "food taste horrible without spicy" and the only routes to get spicy was a long trade route through muslim lands and/or muslim waters.

So there was a enormous interest to find a way to make food taste great without having to deal with muslim pirates. So in a way, yea, rich whiteys going all ":argh: MUSLIMS! :argh:" every time a spicy convoy was sunk.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
The original desire of Spain was, indeed, tofind a trade route to India, so that makes a fair sort of sense.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Shbobdb posted:

I'm enjoying it since it mirrors my few conservative friends. They wanted Trump in a completely nihilistic way but that was safe because (as funny as that would be) Trump is never going to win.

Once he won the primary their brains broke but that brokenenessnessness made them nostalgic for Obama (seriously). But he was still "telling it like it is" and all kinds of other conservative claptrap.

When he won the Presidency they all got real quite. Because gently caress, what next?

My dad's the same way. He openly gloated during the election that "Trump's gonna throw out all them [insert slew of racial epithets here]! You'll see!" Now, whenever someone brings up politics, he gets really quiet and just says "It's gonna be real different around here..." in a sad voice.

The dogwhistles finally caught the car.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

loquacius posted:

The especially ironic part of this cartoon is all the posts that have been cropping up in my Facebook feed about how La La Land is a white-supremacist propaganda film

Wait what?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A white guy likes jazz therefore it is for the destruction of African American culture.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh right. All jazz musicians have to be back except for all the real life famous ones.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't wanna derail the thread so I'll just link the article and add that suffice to say liberals aren't happy with La La Land's politics either.

Ramirez would of course be much unhappier with Moonlight's politics, if he bothered to find out what they were.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

mandatory lesbian posted:

gotta be honest, even tho i don't like steak like that, i can't care about trump liking it at all

I don't think anyone sincerely cares about it. It's long been an irony, though, that Trump builds a whole brand on being upper class and sophisticated but everything he does is actually incredibly tacky. It's just kind of funny that he has terrible taste in everything yet thinks he's so suave. And, if you want, you can extrapolate that to his thinking he knows everything about how the government works but is clearly in over his head.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I wonder how Allie feels about illustrating another man's months-long breakdown.

He quit doing national political strips to draw Bruce Rauner Has A Big Dong/Michael Madigan More Like Sad-again over and over and over because a wingnut welfare think tank paid him to do it. Allie is a loathsome tool who's nothing but smug projection, but the man knows how to follow the dollar.

e: And because I haven't done it in a while, I have to note that he looks like an adult Ralph Wiggum.

Which puts his "ha ha pajama boy libs are wimps" schtick in an amusing light indeed.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 1, 2017

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Why am I not surprised that Glenn is buying into his delusions?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

These are Gary McCoy's first political cartoons of 2017, although he has been doing the daily "Flying McCoys" in the meantime.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

Which puts his "ha ha pajama boy libs are wimps" schtick in an amusing light indeed.

Why does he have a bust of Chirac?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Tei posted:

More like "food taste horrible without spicy" and the only routes to get spicy was a long trade route through muslim lands and/or muslim waters.

So there was a enormous interest to find a way to make food taste great without having to deal with muslim pirates. So in a way, yea, rich whiteys going all ":argh: MUSLIMS! :argh:" every time a spicy convoy was sunk.

Dominic you rat! How could you give your own brother the ol' spicy convoy!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AGC

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Yesterday, Tuesday February 28 2017, The Jewish Agency’s Board of Governors completed its winter meeting in Tel Aviv.
Labels: Israel, Jewish Agency, Jews, trump

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Individually we are weak, but when we stand together we can be hard like ice, AGC

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Individually we are weak, but when we stand together we can be hard like ice, AGC

We need a compaction cycle for the left.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

:drat:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Well given that Republicans control all of Congress and the Presidency, I wonder who exactly you're seeing on C-Span. You loving idiot.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GoutPatrol posted:

A white guy likes jazz therefore it is for the destruction of African American culture.

You mean a white guy saves jazz from ignorant black people who are ruining it by giving it any sort of feeling.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

That's a lot of piss.

Sign Man's den proudly displays all his accomplishments.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Wheany posted:

Why is there a pacman in the desert?

Because Carmen's wacko wacko wacko wacko

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cat Mattress posted:

Being pedantic about it, I think you'll find they were Hispanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Of course the old Nokia phone has a Snake in it :allears:

• Locked thread