Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Freepers: I have been slur’d as homo, islamo, transo and gynoslurs

Welcome to the Left Coast, homos and gynos! Special shout-out to our islamo guests tonight. Where are my transos in the house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

SocketWrench posted:

Maybe you should, uh, read the loving thing, stupid?

Uh, why should he waste his time reading fake news? Checkmate demonrat.

E: nothing about Trump banning news organisations from his latest conference?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

VitalSigns posted:

Welcome to the Left Coast, homos and gynos! Special shout-out to our islamo guests tonight. Where are my transos in the house!

Mustached Demon posted:

Freepers: I have been slur’d as homo, islamo, transo and gynoslurs

Thousands of years ago, when gynoslurs walked the Earth...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Gynoslur is a good word

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Navy secretary nominee withdraws from consideration

Maybe Trump needs to find another person who can't refuse the position.

quote:

To: Drago

(Trump shuffling papers)...Next!

CC

2 posted on 02/26/2017 4:50:13 PM PST by Celtic Conservative (CC: purveyor of cryptic, snarky posts since December, 2000..)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

:iiam:

quote:

To: Celtic Conservative

What’s up with these people they should be honored.

3 posted on 02/26/2017 4:51:27 PM PST by angcat (THANK YOU LORD FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Well it's not like it was an important post anyway.

quote:

I’ll bet most of the public doesn’t realize that the Army, Air Force and Navy secretaries are pretty far down on the totem poll and don’t run the Pentagon anymore like they did in World War II.

6 posted on 02/26/2017 4:54:16 PM PST by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

quote:

To: angcat

Some people have complex lives.

In General If the offered position is accepted, but later they withdraw it’s because they won’t pass certain core standards that are deemed necessary. They are told they won’t be selected and are asked to withdraw their nomination. Most are glad to do so.

8 posted on 02/26/2017 4:59:32 PM PST by Fhios
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: KyCats

You try to get high quality, successful people who would serve the country well. Unfortunately if they are successful privately they’re disqualified. Hopefully Trump can find another.
Of course it’s no problem for a Uniparty administration. Normally you end up with a lifelong swamp dweller who makes his millions when he leaves government by selling influence and collecting for favors done while in the administration.

9 posted on 02/26/2017 5:00:14 PM PST by hardspunned
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Yes, it is weird how nominees from previous admistration never seem to have this problem.

quote:

Weird how “financial investments and family businesses” never have any effect on commie “democrats” working for the government in the District of Corruption.

11 posted on 02/26/2017 5:07:58 PM PST by FlingWingFlyer (I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. - Clint Eastwood)

Who cares about ethics, anyway?

quote:

You know what, screw this ethics crap, who cares?

13 posted on 02/26/2017 5:14:18 PM PST by Impy (End the kritarchy!)

quote:

Sounds like the swamp prevents successful people from getting into the office.

15 posted on 02/26/2017 5:21:33 PM PST by xzins (Retired US Army chaplain. Those who truly support our troops pray for their victory.)

quote:

They don’t want to undergo the anal exam and constant hatred by the Fake News outlets. I am surprised anyone takes such a job.

16 posted on 02/26/2017 5:27:01 PM PST by arrogantsob (Check out "CHAOS AND MAYHEM" at Amazon.com.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

They are. Because they are successful, many don’t want to give up a lifetime of work to do a job for 3-4 years.

21 posted on 02/26/2017 5:47:38 PM PST by LS ("Castles Made of Sand, Fall in the Sea . . . Eventually" (Hendrix))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Naturally he chooses a black Democrat as his example.

quote:

To: DesertRhino; All

He couldn’t satisfy “government ethical standards” yet THIS VERY MINUTE THERE ARE EX-FELONS IN CONGRESS! (Bobby Rush of IL)

From Wikipedia:
Rush’s own apartment was raided in December 1969, where police discovered an unregistered pistol, rifle, shotgun, pistol ammunition, training manuals on explosives, booby traps, an assortment of communist literature, and a small amount of marijuana. Rush was imprisoned for six months in 1972 on a weapons charge, after carrying a pistol into a police station.

22 posted on 02/26/2017 5:52:21 PM PST by Red in Blue PA (war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, obama loves America)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Red in Blue PA

Hindu muffin?

(that might be slightly off....)

28 posted on 02/26/2017 6:53:51 PM PST by SaveFerris (Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for ... some have unwittingly entertained angels)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

Shine on WENDLE, you crazy diamond.

quote:

They come and they go. Mny have bad background problems. We will have an awesome Secretary of Navy SOON!! And we may Nuke North Korea. i HOPE SO.

29 posted on 02/26/2017 7:21:49 PM PST by WENDLE (Watch this on John McCain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO0mHEJyC3Y)

quote:

To: Rebelbase

"....not wanting his family dragged through the dirt."

I agree with your assessment 101%. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Plus, the nominee was an accomplished businessman, and that's a no-no in these upside-down times.

The way things are going, successful business people, especially if they are multi-millionaires, will no longer be asked or will want to fill these critical appointments.

Government appointees will be filled by homeless people, poor folks on welfare, single mothers, elderly, handicaps, discriminated-against minorities, community organizers, helpless chilluns, transgenders....and professional politicians.

No more class distinctions in cabinet appointments in the brave new egalitarian world !

Leni

31 posted on 02/26/2017 7:52:45 PM PST by MinuteGal (GO TRUMP !!!......GO PENCE !!!......Boycott Starbucks and Target !!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

Czars! :argh:

quote:

To: AndyJackson

And... That’s why obamoa had so many czars in his administration. There wasn’t a single one of them who could pass the scrutiny. The rest of them that became secretary of “so and so” were all corrupt or compromised. President Trump tries and gets the best he can no matter who they are.

38 posted on 02/27/2017 3:48:45 AM PST by BigpapaBo (If it don't kill you it'll make you _________!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Moonlight wins Best Picture at Oscars after shocking La La Land mix-up

quote:

To: SkyPilot

Check out Kimmel and the guy behind him in the headset. Love winning.

3 posted on 02/27/2017 2:59:24 AM PST by Leo58 (Those who cheer you today will curse you tomorrow, the only thing that endures is character.)

quote:

Maybe “La La Land” can get a participation trophy so they don’t go away disappointed? I know that they are the victim in all this, but this is the way liberals solve problems — break the cookie in half.

5 posted on 02/27/2017 3:02:19 AM PST by Tallguy

Fake News!

quote:

Fake News- for publicity!

6 posted on 02/27/2017 3:04:19 AM PST by Dr. Ursus

Wait... wasn't Moonlight about a black person?

quote:

I didn't hear much about this "Moonlight" picture. But after Googling it, and seeing the winners on stage, I can guess what happened. Remember what happened last year?

After 3 1/2 hours of Trump bashing, the Oscars had their biggest awards flub disaster in history and announced La La Land as the winner.

Then, it was announced it was a mistake, and the director and cast of Moonlight took the stage.

The flub was probably just a mistake, although they still cannot explain how it happened. Was Moonlight rigged to "win" at the last minute or very recently?

Also, the historical revisionist "Hidden Figures" was also nominated for numerous awards.

This movie, inaccurately, states that NASA was saved by black mathematical geniuses who made math calculations regarding orbits.

While there was a woman, who was 1/4 black, who worked at NASA, the entire story is complete bunk and massive exaggeration. I believe the movie was conceived, written, and produced as yet another gift to the BLM and "Boycott Oscars So White!" crowd.

The real Katherine Johnson even stated she never faced any discrimination at NASA. It was all manufactured for the script.

La La Land had been charged as "racist" by many, including Kareem Abdul Jabar.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kareem-abdul-jabbar-how-la-la-land-misleads-race-romance-jazz-975786

What a disaster. But Hollywood deserved to fall on its face last night.
7 posted on 02/27/2017 3:06:30 AM PST by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)

quote:

Russians?
Steve Harvey?
Rigged?

8 posted on 02/27/2017 3:07:57 AM PST by Palio di Siena

quote:

They were so consumed with their hate for Trump, country and the flag that they did not plan out the show properly. I don’t care who won best picture. It does not matter to me and these self-absorbed jackasses can wallow in their hate.

9 posted on 02/27/2017 3:08:12 AM PST by SamAdams76

quote:

To: Bratch

I love to see Hollywood hoisted by their own Affirmative Action petard.

No one can convince me that "Moonlight" winning Best Picture was not Affirmative Action and political correctness.

11 posted on 02/27/2017 3:10:33 AM PST by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)

quote:

To: Palio di Siena
Russians?

That twerp Jimmy Kimmel made an apology to Sweden for the riots, and blamed Trump for them.

Outragous, but predictable.

It won't be long before Hollywood blames Trump for this epic awards disaster.

But I have not watched the Oscar presentation live in years.

When you hire master of ceremonies like this, well, forget it.

15 posted on 02/27/2017 3:15:02 AM PST by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

How long before Al “Lollipop Head” Sharpton blames Trump for the ‘racist’ snafu? You know some irate PWC bean counter slipped in a different envelope to protest the fake affirmative action ‘win’ for the BLM movie.

18 posted on 02/27/2017 3:22:56 AM PST by nickedknack (Sump'n ain't rat cheer.)

quote:

They had to call an audible when they realized not enough Oscars went to blacks this year. Quota check.

19 posted on 02/27/2017 3:24:24 AM PST by Old Yeller (Auto-correct has become my worst enema.)

quote:

Why not just give it to La La La anyway; since it doesn’t matter at all.

21 posted on 02/27/2017 3:29:25 AM PST by eclecticEel ("The petty man forsakes what lies within his power and longs for what lies with Heaven." - Xunzi)

quote:

No one can convince me that "Moonlight" winning Best Picture was not Affirmative Action and political correctness.

Me neither. How can they be satisfied with awards that were given to them based on tantrums?

There was good acting in Moonlight for sure but the movie never pulled me in and I, frankly, can't get invested - at least by the way the story played out - in a movie about drug dealers, gay or otherwise.

Lion, on the other hand, was screwed by PC. Far better movie hands down.

23 posted on 02/27/2017 3:38:05 AM PST by Lizavetta
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Gay sex and straight sex and worst of all; pot. :420:

quote:

I am warning all conservatives to stay away from Moonlight. It has explicit gay sex and straight sex and a positive scene of pot smoking. Then takes a moralistic pose about crack and bad parenting and bullying. All clothed in PC. Don’t fall for the hype.

24 posted on 02/27/2017 3:39:46 AM PST by firebrand

SkyPilot seems kind of upset about all this.

quote:

To: Old Yeller; Huaynero

They had to call an audible when they realized not enough Oscars went to blacks this year. Quota check.

Globally, Hollywood and the entertainment business is a Trillion dollar enterprise.

Remember when Congress got involved with Major League Baseball, and conducted televised investigations?

I would like to see Hollywood, its executives, and the entire business investigated.

There is ample enough justification: there are unions involved (Screen Actors Guild, among others), massive amounts of money, and Price Waterhouse cannot accurately answer what occurred last night.

Did La La Land win before the ceremonies and they changed it?

The Left always says that the "seriousness of the charge" warrants investigations.

Fine.

Investigate Hollywood.

26 posted on 02/27/2017 3:41:31 AM PST by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Old Yeller

Just good business; blacks are among the few remaining segments of the population hooked on TV and movie screens. Marketers love them; they let them continue operating with a 1990s model instead of having to move with technology...

33 posted on 02/27/2017 3:51:13 AM PST by kearnyirish2 (Affirmative action is economic warfare against white males (and therefore white families).)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

I was surprised La La Land was even in contention. Moonlight hit a double on the SJW meter; gay black men. La La Land starred two white people cultural appropriating Jazz from African-Americans.

44 posted on 02/27/2017 4:05:13 AM PST by C19fan

"Yea, for He has showered His Golden Light upon us and all who do His bidding." Trump 5:19

quote:

It is the “Trump Effect,” and covering his back all the while is the Lord Almighty. I am still pondering this other amazing video that was posted a few days back on the forum lending credence to what we have been witnessing since President Trump first answered the call.

_https://www.romancatholicman.com/hermit-loretos-1980s-premonition-president-trump/

48 posted on 02/27/2017 4:13:22 AM PST by iontheball

quote:

To think a remake of Singing in the Rain as a tribute to Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds is taken by some black homosexuals. How perfect for Hollywierd.

Pray America woke

50 posted on 02/27/2017 4:16:30 AM PST by bray (Pray for President Trump)

False Flag!

quote:

To: SkyPilot; Fedora

A Staged Hollywood publicity stunt to end all publicity stunts.

Staging stunts-—this is what they do for a living, for God’s sake.

And never forget these are the world’s best actors onstage in front of the cameras they live for ..... pretending they’re reading off cards.

Beatty’s fake pause...chirpy Dunaway’s chiming in act......then the show’s producers ready and waiting in the wings to storm in w/ the right card.

Caustic social critic—Camille Paglia-—had it right. The grandeur of the awards is gone.

So they had to do something to get attention.

54 posted on 02/27/2017 4:19:03 AM PST by Liz (Dems plan to regain power by stressing their "deep inate goodness" over "Trump's evil.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

quote:

To: rhubarbk

Another Liberal ClusterF*ck. Can’t stand this WINNING!

56 posted on 02/27/2017 4:19:42 AM PST by wetgundog ("Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice" -AuH2O)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

I hope to see the day that Hollywood and their entire industry fails. It seems all the Academy Awards is these days is knee-service to BLM. Then again, since they’re all a bunch of leftist idiots, they surely enjoy it.

Coming up next year... the heart-stopping movie on how the “Best Picture” Academy Award was almost denied to the rightful winner.

In 2019, we can look forward to the sequel.

In 2022, we can look forward to the reboot / remake, this time with an all-transgender cast.

59 posted on 02/27/2017 4:25:58 AM PST by Pravious

quote:

To: iontheball

I googled the term “The Trump Effect” and this is what I got (Wikipedia—so drat biased!):

“The Trump effect is a purported increase in school bullying in the United States caused by the rhetoric Donald Trump used during his 2016 presidential campaign.”

Of course this is NOT what you meant, but the Left has already branded the term.

61 posted on 02/27/2017 4:34:10 AM PST by Alas Babylon! (Keep fighting the Left and their Fake News!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Liz

Nope!

Surely you know Kimmel would rather the media be talking about his trash talk of the President

....but

Ha ha......we’re laughing at Kimmel’s giant SPLATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88 years....this never happened

GIANT SMILE ON MY FACE THIS AM

64 posted on 02/27/2017 4:36:21 AM PST by Guenevere (If my people......will humble themselves and pray and seek my face .....I will heal their land...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 54 | View Replies]

quote:

Just another example of God’s sense of humor.

I’ll NEVER be able to tell you if it deserved best picture or not. Not going to watch a movie about a black gay guy.

Still have not seen, nor ever will see, Brokeback Mountain.

Hollywood can just “SUCK IT”.

65 posted on 02/27/2017 4:37:39 AM PST by faucetman (Just the facts, ma'am, Just the facts)

quote:

FAKE people getting FAKE awards.

67 posted on 02/27/2017 4:38:27 AM PST by faucetman (Just the facts, ma'am, Just the facts)

quote:

To: eclecticEel

Why not just give it to La La La anyway; since it doesn’t matter at all.

Seriously! Why didn't La La Land get a trophy too? They tried their best. Now all those people that went up on stage are going to need counseling.

I don't understand this whole awards show thing anyway. I thought this nation was done with awarding excellence in any area.

This is not who we are........ :-D

75 posted on 02/27/2017 4:48:13 AM PST by CAluvdubya (<---has now left CA for NV, where God/guns have not been outlawed! She's done and he's won!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Guenevere; GOPJ; Jane Long; MinuteGal; jsanders2001; Just mythoughts; Grampa Dave; ...

Kimmel would rather the media be talking about his trash talk of the President...

Yeah, but Kimmel trashing Trump doesn't sell tickets.

The film must be a real bomb w/ a big investment going down the drain.

Not to diminish having Al Sharpton on their backs and the specter of "racism" haunting them.

Flubbing the Oscars w/ as a last-ditch effort to get a failed movie some momentum.

78 posted on 02/27/2017 4:50:58 AM PST by Liz (Dems plan to regain power by stressing their "deep inate goodness" over "Trump's evil.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies]

quote:

To: iontheball

I stopped counting Trump’s wins because there are too many of them!

Seriously, just ensuring Hillary wasn’t made president was enough of God’s blessing for me. All else I am grateful for, but all that is icing on the NO HILLARY WIN cake!

81 posted on 02/27/2017 4:58:07 AM PST by Alas Babylon! (Keep fighting the Left and their Fake News!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 77 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump Nation Laughs at them.

85 posted on 02/27/2017 5:05:31 AM PST by dfwgator

quote:

To: fivecatsandadog

I hate Hollywood as well, but the significance is that last night the Oscars were the front lines on the political and culture war. They bashed Trump two dozens times. And, the highlight of the night was an Affirmative Action disaster.

94 posted on 02/27/2017 5:16:19 AM PST by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
All these calls to boycott / shutdown / bomb (?) Hollywood are hilarious. Literally the epicenter of culture, possibly in the world, that makes billions of dollars a year in the US and it's all bad cause some black people won an Oscar. Holy poo poo.

A friend of mine just reposted a Breitbart article dunking on "Hollywood Liberals can't get anything right, why should we trust them in the Government!?" was the icing on the cake. Warren Beatty can't loving read and jacked up a live television broadcast - it's the end of the goddamn world!

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

robotsinmyhead posted:

A friend of mine just reposted a Breitbart article dunking on "Hollywood Liberals can't get anything right, why should we trust them in the Government!?" was the icing on the cake. Warren Beatty can't loving read and jacked up a live television broadcast - it's the end of the goddamn world!

Thankfully, Warren Beaty isn't president. It would be just awful if a rich crazy media celebrity was president, wouldn't it?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Overall Freep seems to be turning 60–40 in favor of weed overall, but it seems they're slipping both in their civility and their "family friendly" language these days:

People that are walking down the street with a joint are likely daily smokers and not anywhere near as impaired and unable or unwilling to defend themselves as this person seems to believe.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Weird how “financial investments and family businesses” never have any effect on commie “democrats” working for the government in the District of Corruption.

11 posted on 02/26/2017 5:07:58 PM PST by FlingWingFlyer (I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. - Clint Eastwood)

It might just be other administrations weren't openly violating the Constitution and weren't loving train wrecks of stupidity.

quote:

He couldn’t satisfy “government ethical standards” yet THIS VERY MINUTE THERE ARE EX-FELONS IN CONGRESS! (Bobby Rush of IL)

From Wikipedia:
Rush’s own apartment was raided in December 1969, where police discovered an unregistered pistol, rifle, shotgun, pistol ammunition, training manuals on explosives, booby traps, an assortment of communist literature, and a small amount of marijuana. Rush was imprisoned for six months in 1972 on a weapons charge, after carrying a pistol into a police station.

22 posted on 02/26/2017 5:52:21 PM PST by Red in Blue PA (war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength, obama loves America)

"Half a century ago this guy did something bad when he was young and paid the price. He's still evil because no one learns anything ever"
This is the mentality that makes it hard for ex felons to re-enter society because people are always making GBS threads on them.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 28, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

SocketWrench posted:

"Half a century ago this guy did something bad when he was young and paid the price. He's still evil because no one learns anything ever"
This is the mentality that makes it hard for ex felons to re-enter society because people are always making GBS threads on them.

I don't think they consider that a problem. More of a side benefit. Keeps them in jail where they belong, don't you know.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Yeah, i agree, someone should be jailed for life for the crime of carrying a firearm to a police station.
gives people more reason to be criminals because they can't go to the cops, the cycle repeats. By 2050 everyone in the US is in prison

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

At least they'll all be fed and have a bed*.

*Definitions of bed vary

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It'll be just like that one episode of Super Jail where the Warden incarcerates the nations of the world.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

From Wikipedia:

Freep: Freedom wasn't won with a registered gun!
Freep: If Obama's jackboot thugs try to raid my property they'll find a few surprises!
Freep: Restricting the free press makes you a Nazi, Hitler!

Also Freep: This black representative is a felon :qq:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Guavanaut posted:

Also Freep: This black representative :qq:

Could have stopped there actually.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well yeah, it's just so transparent that if it was a white dude with a bunch of unregistered guns and Paladin Press books and 'patriot' newsletters that's the kind of thing they'd eat up and yell about the fascist FEMA thug state, the most controversial bit would be the small amount of marijuana.

Unless he actually shot a bunch of people, in which case false flag crisis actors registered democrat stoner SSRIs.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I dunno, nowadays "fake news" is rapidly replacing "false flag". I really don't know which I prefer.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

robotsinmyhead posted:

Warren Beatty can't loving read and jacked up a live television broadcast - it's the end of the goddamn world!

Hey, that is not fair, Warren Beatty didn't say poo poo.

It's honestly kinda painful to watch, because that silence after him opening the envelope is him knowing that the people behind the scenes hosed it up and there's nothing he can do. He can see that what he's holding isn't the right card; he doesn't give it to Faye Dunaway so she could say it, but so she could see 'hey look this isn't right' and she jumped the gun.

It is a really fun moment to re-watch knowing what happened.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 28, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm curious how the Freepers are reacting to that couple that just got convicted for hate crimes when they harassed a birthday party with a Confederate flag. "So much for the freedom of speech :qq:"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SocketWrench posted:

It might just be other administrations weren't openly violating the Constitution and weren't loving train wrecks of stupidity.

Strange how this standard doesn't apply to people like Oliver North and G Gordon Liddy.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SocketWrench posted:

Unless they belong to their church and swears they found their way back to Jesus

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Unless they belong to their church and swears they found their way back to Jesus

No, then they get those little Christian snipes and talking behind backs

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Cleretic posted:

Hey, that is not fair, Warren Beatty didn't say poo poo.

It's honestly kinda painful to watch, because that silence after him opening the envelope is him knowing that the people behind the scenes hosed it up and there's nothing he can do. He can see that what he's holding isn't the right card; he doesn't give it to Faye Dunaway so she could say it, but so she could see 'hey look this isn't right' and she jumped the gun.

It is a really fun moment to re-watch knowing what happened.

OK very fair point. I watched it once and it was so cringey and awkward that I couldn't watch it again.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

quote:

To: Iscool

I’d be happier in the 19th century US.

85 posted on 02/24/2017 6:58:30 AM PST by fruser1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies]

Debate and Discussion > Freepers: "I'd be happier living in the 19th century US."

Come on OP/mods. Its too perfect

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Debate and Discussion > Freepers: "I'd be happier living in the 19th century US."

Come on OP/mods. Its too perfect

OP died.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
As always, Freep on Weed:

Sessions Beats War Drum on Pot Legalization, Concerning State Attorneys General

quote:

Mixed feelings.

I oppose legalization, and voted against it when MA wanted to legalize it last year — they won; I lost.

But I also support States’ Rights. I don’t agree that the federal government should control this sort of thing. The War on Drugs has certainly been a mixed bag, so big sweeping decisions at the federal level seem unjustified. Let the States pass laws and then watch and see which states are pleased with the various outcomes.

In short: I wish Sessions would focus on other things.

3 posted on 02/28/2017 10:43:54 AM PST by ClearCase_guy (Abortion is what slavery was: immoral but not illegal. Not yet.)

quote:

Pot has ruined more lives than just about any other drug. Lost motivation, lost career prospects lost self respect.

7 posted on 02/28/2017 10:52:02 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

Thankfully a lot of folks call central_va out:

quote:

“Pot has ruined more lives than just about any other drug. Lost motivation, lost career prospects lost self respect.”

I disagree - I think alcohol holds that crown. That’s not mentioning the millions of deaths. Marijuana doesn’t come close.

Tobacco is also despicable in light of how many it’s killed.

Say what you want, but marijuana has much less of an impact on the body than either - and virtually none if you eat it rather than smoking it. As with any recreational drug, using too much or too often isn’t a great idea - but there are plenty of functional, productive pot users.

13 posted on 02/28/2017 11:19:54 AM PST by PreciousLiberty (Make America Greater Than Ever!)

Not that that stops CVA:

quote:

Alcohol doesn’t have the long term dulling effect on the personality and brain function that pot does. I have seen the effects in action.

18 posted on 02/28/2017 11:29:14 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

At least one Freeper hates Mexicans more than hippies:

quote:

Sessions needs to stop wasting time on getting ‘them hippies!’ and get to work on 30 million illegals in the U.S., massive illegal voting by them, and equally massive crime by them.

If he’s trapped in 1968 and thinking of trying to resurrect the 1950’s, he was a mistake.

24 posted on 02/28/2017 11:55:40 AM PST by Regulator

Keeps getting called out, and still he persisted:

quote:

Alcohol is easily abused and a lot of people do get sh!+ faced drunk every day. But that is a tiny minority compared to the millions that may have an occasional drink weekly or even daily. Have a few and then they stop. Most just want to take the edge off. Getting sh!+ faced has not happened to them since college. Alcohol is a drug that can be used responsibly.

Pot on the other hand is smoked to get high, completely baked. Most pot smokers don't take a little to feel good, no they go full Cheech y Chong every time and almost every day. It is abused at every use or almost every use.

27 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:04:48 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

quote:

I think Marijuana should be regulated like other drugs.

And people should be able to grow their own and even buy and sell plants and seeds, but manufacturing it into drug form or selling the drug form should be regulated.

As a Christian, I regard getting “high” to be a sin. But I believe in personal responsibility up until the point where individual liberties encroach on the liberties of others. (So, for example, driving under the influence is a behavior that government rightly restricts.)

While my knowledge of the subject is very limited, I believe that juicing the leaves of a Marijuana plant supplies THCA (the precursor of THC) which has many health benefits and does not make people “high”.

We need to change federal laws to regulate the THC that comes from Marijuana while allowing states to implement the more stricter regulations that citizens of those states desire. Perhaps local standards would also be beneficial — like dry counties.

33 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:11:23 PM by unlearner (So much winning !!! It's Trumptastic!)

quote:

Sessions, this is not what people elected Trump to do. Get your priorities straight. Worry about the potheads AFTER you prosecute the corrupt politicians, root out the voter fraud, and destroy the domestic espionage network in the federal bureaucracy.

34 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:11:25 PM by Boogieman

*tries to change law*
"You can't legalize pot, it's *illegal*!"

quote:

I’m with Session here. Change the law. Or shut up.

41 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:18:29 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

quote:

What they should do is pass a federal statute allowing states to opt out of federal marijuana laws so that Sessions doesn’t need to deal with this.

44 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:21:10 PM by Brilliant

CVA somehow knows a bunch of hardcore stoners:

quote:

They are talking about heavy drinkers. I am talking about people that use alcohol in moderation. Nobody uses pot in moderation that I know. When they pick up the pipe they are not finished until they are completely baked.

52 posted on 02/28/2017 12:30:32 PM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

quote:

You need to move on from this subject Jeff.

State issue and people are going to get high no matter what.

Further, criminalizing users is stupid and unprofitable as well.

Sure, you may get a fine but, no way the covers the cost of their incarceration, parole oversight, etc.

You should instead work on decriminalizing use, Legalizing that market, regulate and tax it.

Make it a market you can actually tax to grow revenues instead of wasting time and money on this loser objective.

55 posted on 02/28/2017 12:39:58 PM PST by Vendome (I've Gotta Be Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH-pk2vZG2M)

One of the rare enthusiastic supporters in the whole thread:

quote:

Go Sessions! Legalized pot and so called “medical” marijuana had led and is leading to the moral and cultural rot of American society.

59 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:43:22 PM by DouglasKC

Just heard the point go *whoosh*

quote:

I thought Ron and Rand both lost yet here we are.

Never smoked it in my life, no desire to. Letting neighboring states legalize it creates the same problem Mexico does. I remember when we had dry states and wet states we also had plenty of bootleggers.
84 posted on 2/28/2017, 3:51:30 PM by itsahoot (Return the power to the people, and Mexico will pay for the wall, 100%)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Pot has ruined more lives than just about any other drug. Lost motivation, lost career prospects lost self respect.

7 posted on 02/28/2017 10:52:02 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

That's because people get thrown in the slammer for a joint

quote:

Alcohol doesn’t have the long term dulling effect on the personality and brain function that pot does. I have seen the effects in action.

18 posted on 02/28/2017 11:29:14 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

Alcoholics don't exist, lol
If anything this boob is the example that beer does just as much or worse.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Go Sessions! Legalized pot and so called “medical” marijuana had led and is leading to the moral and cultural rot of American society.

59 posted on 2/28/2017, 2:43:22 PM by DouglasKC

He has a point. Imagine if America's morality had rotted to the point that we started electing officials who were molesters and adulterers and hung around with white supremacists. Fortunately Freep will defend the morals of American society so that will never happen!

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
The one Freep post that summarizes their reaction to Trump's address tonight:

quote:

Triple AAA. For Absolutely Amazing American.

40 posted on February 28, 2017 at 9:42:16 PM CST by Main Street (Stuck in traffic.)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
On an unrelated note, Freep is absolutely furious that there's a gay undercurrent in the new live-action Beauty and the Beast: http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3530141/posts

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The one Freep post that summarizes their reaction to Trump's address tonight:

Trump could fart into a mic and they'd praise it as an American literary masterpiece while they fought each other to sniff it.
If he personally poo poo in a box and mailed it to one of them it would become enshrined and the home it was in would be the new Mecca for Trumpanzees.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

On an unrelated note, Freep is absolutely furious that there's a gay undercurrent in the new live-action Beauty and the Beast: http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3530141/posts

I'm not willing to venture onto Freep for this- what's this all about? Because if there is blatant gay subtext in the new B&tB, I'm buying a ticket for opening night.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CommissarMega posted:

I'm not willing to venture onto Freep for this- what's this all about? Because if there is blatant gay subtext in the new B&tB, I'm buying a ticket for opening night.

Probably nothing new.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

CommissarMega posted:

quote:

Director Bill Condon said: “LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston.

“And Josh [Gad, who plays LeFou] makes something really subtle and delicious out of it.

“And that’s what has its pay-off at the end, which I don’t want to give away. But it is a nice, exclusively gay moment in a Disney movie.”

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Aw, it's LeFou. I was hoping it was one of the good guys :(

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Through the power of abandoning hetshit Gaston will be redeemed.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

CommissarMega posted:

Aw, it's LeFou. I was hoping it was one of the good guys :(

Lumsworth?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Trump could fart into a mic and they'd praise it as an American literary masterpiece while they fought each other to sniff it.
If he personally poo poo in a box and mailed it to one of them it would become enshrined and the home it was in would be the new Mecca for Trumpanzees.

https://twitter.com/quotessimpson/status/527785905277267969

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

They should be happy because the gay characters are the villains.