Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lastgirl posted:

still have to check it out

nite crew's new recommendation is Torment: Tides of Numenera

what is the gameplay like because i bought wasteland 2 and pillars of eternity and didn't like either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Pillars of eternity sucked rear end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lastgirl posted:

still have to check it out

nite crew's new recommendation is Torment: Tides of Numenera

I donated a bunch of money to that kickstarter. Did the game finally come out? I lose track of things.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://mobile.twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/836907053088194562

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
three body problem is very cspam because its very nothing matters

and it all really doesnt in the end

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Would the pisstape even matter? Is there any way to prove it before it happens?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

homercles posted:

haha good one, serious posting a laurie penny article on anything

it's a very good article and she's a great writer

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
PoE was good but man there was so much loving text

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Phobophilia posted:

three body problem is very cspam because its very nothing matters

and it all really doesnt in the end

i liked it alot

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I dont know who Laurie penny is and I don't care how she looks? :shrug:

I liked the essay

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jose posted:

what is the gameplay like because i bought wasteland 2 and pillars of eternity and didn't like either

why do you bring those up :confused: it's absolutely nothing like those two whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RcyxwhEA0

prefect posted:

I donated a bunch of money to that kickstarter. Did the game finally come out? I lose track of things.

It came out yesterday :toot: and its the best. already goty'ing it for me.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i hope torment is good but pillars was worst game of the year for me

oh so its good then? rad

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Pillars of eternity sucked rear end

*leans into mic* wrong

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lol at the thought of Trump being told he has to do whatever a Wallfacer says no questions asked.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Numenera's the setting with a faction of people called "beaners"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Trump is not like the Emperor in Warhammer 40K: https://youtu.be/mV0bKicv4x0

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

gradenko_2000 posted:

Numenera's the setting with a faction of people called "beaners"

Sound like good people.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Neeksy posted:

It makes up for it with the poem about burning down silicon valley and the union meetings where they use the teeth of their old boss as tokens of membership.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

why do you bring those up :confused: it's absolutely nothing like those two whatsoever

its a kickstarter isometric RPG

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

combat was garbage in both of those games though. i liked divinity original sin just got bored of it later on

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lastgirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RcyxwhEA0

It came out yesterday :toot: and its the best. already goty'ing it for me.

I loved Planescape: Torment to a really unhealthy degree. There's no way I can keep my expectations under control for this. :ohdear:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

happy women's history month

trump will say hillary made history by losing in the biggest electoral landslide ever

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jose posted:

its a kickstarter isometric RPG

ya but like dont compare because it's not, it uses the poe engine but combat, models, effects are vastly different. I thought Pillars was okay but it didn't really pull me in storywise. Torment is just so alien that it makes you feel like an actual explorer. I met an alien who's people sexual process is removing limbs to grow into children, and whatever limbs they were grown from, there's already a caste system for head children, leg children, arm children. You can't exactly forget weird amusing poo poo like that.

There are complex choices to make and complex characters, and its not exactly forgiving because every choice u make has an apparent repercussion, it's part of combat and the whole story driving forward, especially character alignment to the Tide which provides negative or positive bonuses. Pillars didn't really have too much rippling like that. If you want to get into it just for combat, which is turn based and consumes stat pools for higher chances of success u still have to deliberate because stat pools get consumed during dialogue and they don't regenerate either so every action has an impact. It's provocative and I'm gonna go play some more now, bye~

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBf7woTzVZg

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

MariusLecter posted:

Sound like good people.

sure, some of them, i assume

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm playing Zelda BotW ahead of schedule, and it's pretty cool. Better than low energy failed Skyward Sword at least, although it feels like a Ubisoft game at times

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'll probably get it then since i'm after something a bit more relaxed than Nioh which i'm insanely bad at atm.

Is the new Zelda worth palying on the wii u or should i wait for a switch price drop?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Jose posted:

i'll probably get it then since i'm after something a bit more relaxed than Nioh which i'm insanely bad at atm.

Is the new Zelda worth palying on the wii u or should i wait for a switch price drop?

Some framerate drops but supposedly those are also present on the Switch, but less pronounced. It's w/e

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yossarian-22 posted:

I'm playing Zelda BotW ahead of schedule, and it's pretty cool. Better than low energy failed Skyward Sword at least, although it feels like a Ubisoft game at times

this is the most severe criticism i've read of the game so far

i think i'm going to buy a dumb nintendo console on friday and play it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat keith is looking horrible. For a second I thought he was glenn beck.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUNoeRvKWc

his house looks about right

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

i heard him say this and me n my partner just like looked at each other :confused:

my assumption was that he hosed up, meant to say that even more than a dem, hes an American, but yr brain kinda naturally pairs dem/repub , so he slipped and said that, recovered by reasserting his democratic boner fides, and then made the actual intended finish

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

no wonder people thought he was bill hicks, used to look just like him

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

still have this tab open so pretend its a thinking emoji and save us all some time

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

still loling that the dem response was a 90 year old former governor from a state that voted away their own health insurance

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:qq:

Serf
May 5, 2011

numenera is based on a garbage set of rules but the video game seems more about talking and thus avoids engaging with monte cook's poo poo-tier mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well bought and remotely installing torment so i hope its good lastgirl

• Locked thread