Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Has Nintendo declared bankruptcy yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Professor SJW posted:

what's a good gamecube game other than the zeldas and metroid primes? dolphin emulator is :krad:

Eternal Darkness

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

here comes a special console!!!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

Thw switch thread is circle jerking because of NINDIES (nintendo indies loloL!!!) and I just want to kill them all gangland style

What would be even more messed up is if instead of gunning them down in a massacre, you let them all buy the Nintendo Switch computer gaming console.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Eternal Darkness is secretly bad and tedio...PARGON PARGON PARGON XELATOTH MARGOMOR SANTAK

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
it's probably just me but one of the things I am most excited for re: The Nintendo Switch(tm) is that it will play virtual console games with online multiplayer. I will finally be able to prove I am Uniracers/Unirally champion :D

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

it's probably just me but one of the things I am most excited for re: The Nintendo Switch(tm) is that it will play virtual console games with online multiplayer. I will finally be able to prove I am Uniracers/Unirally champion :D

If you want to play with your friends, all popular emulators support multiplayer.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I thought you guys all had jobs and poo poo why do you care about this $250 console so much just buy it and have a good time playing mario kart

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

ArtIsResistance posted:

I thought you guys all had jobs and poo poo why do you care about this $250 console so much just buy it and have a good time playing mario kart

it hasn't got mario kart. it has literally 1 game worth a poo poo being released with it, and that game is also on the older console :lol:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

it has the wii u mario kart I think

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

deluxe edition

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
noice, definitely worth buying a whole new console for

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ArtIsResistance posted:

But I could get 250 $1 bills, fold them into little boats, and then flush them down the toilet and probably have more fun that way.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
oh wait, you might be able to play Skyrim, a 5 year old game on it, at some point in the future maybe. shut up and take my money ninetndo!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Just got to take my loving money

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

ArtIsResistance posted:

hff hff hff and pay an UNREASONABLE PRICE for a SUB OPTIMAL CONSOLE you STUPID oval office?? *has a $14,000 steam library*

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

ArtIsResistance posted:

It baint $250, it's 3 hundo.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a good game and good thing to look forward to at the end of my miserable life

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
the switch is a stick used to beat disobedient children

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
and now nintnedo are making one! 2016, folks. lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

bitmap posted:

hff hff hff and pay an UNREASONABLE PRICE for a SUB OPTIMAL CONSOLE you STUPID oval office?? *has a $14,000 steam library*

I will blindly buy any old garbage because I'm smart

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

I will blindly buy any old garbage because I'm smart

heh...not me. im smart and cool and rich.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Moon Atari posted:

Even the most powerful console is underpowered compared to the unlimited potential of imagination.

Yes thank you

All I need is to close my eyes and I can be instantly transported to a magical wonderland. No cables needed! :)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nonviolent J posted:

Yeah as mentioned earlier get a wii u and mod it with glorious emulators

i just bought one of those Android TV things. its like having a console thats already modded out of the box

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Yes thank you

All I need is to close my eyes and I can be instantly transported to a magical wonderland. No cables needed! :)

close your eyes and don't think of england

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

you can play emulators with online lobbies and multiplay on HappyChick emulator for android. most of the people to play against are from Hong Kong, and they mostly just play old arcade fighting games but you can play any ROM in theory. Happy Chick is a really great program, god bless the chinese:
http://www.xiaoji001.com/m/en/

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress yeah I'm gonna steal some video games and flash a rom and FARTZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Rutibex posted:

you can play emulators with online lobbies and multiplay on HappyChick emulator for android. most of the people to play against are from Hong Kong, and they mostly just play old arcade fighting games but you can play any ROM in theory. Happy Chick is a really great program, god bless the chinese:
http://www.xiaoji001.com/m/en/

Yeah sure buddy let me install some Chinese executable to play arcade game

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i think it goes without saying, you should definitely not play The SImpsons Arcade Game over online multiplay unless you own a physical Simpsons Arcade cabinet. i would never reccomend anyone do otherwise

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Yeah sure buddy let me install some Chinese executable to play arcade game

at least if it has spyware for the Chinese government, it likely doesn't have spyware from the US government? :shrug:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just buy a game from twenty years ago from the publisher and play it on an emulator with their logo in the corner. The money won't go to original developers anyway, but, uh, you'll ensure that, uh, more twenty year old games are available for legal purchase as emulators prepacked with a ROM. This is the only moral thing to do.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

Just buy a game from twenty years ago from the publisher and play it on an emulator with their logo in the corner. The money won't go to original developers anyway, but, uh, you'll ensure that, uh, more twenty year old games are available for legal purchase as emulators prepacked with a ROM. This is the only moral thing to do.
:ohdear:
if you question work for hire or publishing contracts the entire morality of copyright in general goes out the window! you can't do that its dangerous thinking

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Professor SJW posted:

what's a good gamecube game other than the zeldas and metroid primes? dolphin emulator is :krad:

Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, the Resident Evil remake, Monkey Ball, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (if you can play multiplayer), Luigi's Mansion, Ikaruga, Star Fox Adventures was fine for what it was, Baten Kaitos, the two Megaman collections, the Metal Gear Solid remake, Pikmin 1 and 2, Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia, TimeSplitters 2, Viewtiful Joe, and I can't remember if Chibi Robo was any good.

The emulator also recognizes the Wii U controller adapter, so you can use your Gamecube controllers when you play on PC.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Viewtiful Joe owned

Why doesn't capcom make another, it was good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They made two more. Its just Red Hot Rumble was a trash idea sold like it deserved and capcom pulled the plug.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

I can't remember if Chibi Robo was any good.

oh yes indeed

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Professor SJW posted:

F-Zero GX

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

Eternal Darkness...Ikaruga...TimeSplitters 2...Viewtiful Joe

FACT

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Gamecube was easily the best nintendo console, they should make a gamecube U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Batterypowered7 posted:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (if you can play multiplayer)

Lol, brb gonna buy 4 lovely non backlit game boy advance to play a lovely diablo clone. Also zelda 4 swords.

• Locked thread