Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm gonna punch the poo poo out of Ganon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm gonna punch the poo poo out of Ganon.

Thanks for spoiling that Groose is the main character.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

anyone who doesn't charge in a straight line towards Hyrule Castle doesn't understand how to play video games properly imo

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

anyone who doesn't charge in a straight line towards Hyrule Castle doesn't understand how to play video games properly imo

I spent six hours charging towards the airship, and managed to beat it

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I want to grope Ganon with a Stalfos arm.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Calaveron posted:

So you get your shield and stalfos arm and pants and get past the equivalent of the prologue. North, South, East, or West?
I do fancy a look at Skull Lake, but a quick scout around near Hyrule Castle is also very tempting.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
According to Kotaku, the Switch version has the same framerate drop situation as the WiiU version. No word on if it will be mitigated by the day 1 patch.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
If there's no handholding and I'm free to meta-game to the end quest then it's absolutely a return to original Zelda form and I couldn't be more delighted.

I dunno where I'd go first to be honest. Probably Death Mountain or that weird one with the giant crevice in it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fedule posted:

According to Kotaku, the Switch version has the same framerate drop situation as the WiiU version. No word on if it will be mitigated by the day 1 patch.

In TV mode (900p) or portable (720p)? The reviewers were saying portable was rock solid, I thought.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I finally gave the Wind Waker remaster a spin to remind myself how my Wii U worked and arrrrgh the bloom

Between this and Twilight Princess, Nintendo had a real love affair with bloom lighting for a while, seems like.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'm gonna stock up on weapons and arrows and such and then make a run for Hyrule Castle where I will likely die horribly after getting off the plateau.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

PerrineClostermann posted:

In TV mode (900p) or portable (720p)? The reviewers were saying portable was rock solid, I thought.

In TV mode. In portable mode it's apparently solid.

It's hard to quantify this, since all we have is "busy scenes cause framedrops sometimes" but it stands to reason the Switch would run the game at 720p better than the WiiU would at 720p.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fedule posted:

In TV mode. In portable mode it's apparently solid.

It's hard to quantify this, since all we have is "busy scenes cause framedrops sometimes" but it stands to reason the Switch would run the game at 720p better than the WiiU would at 720p.

I wish we knew if setting TV output to 720p would fix it. I'm fine with lower resolution and better frames.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

PerrineClostermann posted:

I wish we knew if setting TV output to 720p would fix it. I'm fine with lower resolution and better frames.

From what I understand it doesn't. I think GameXplain tried it at 480p, even, and there were still frame drops. It's probably just a downscale and not a re-rendering.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That Skull lake is definitely something I want to check out early.

Map/starting area spoilers? From what I've seen from some early videos the area you're stuck on is up north, so legging it South-East to Skull lake early might be easy.

Edit: gently caress ignore me, I got the location totally wrong haha

I've taken friday off, and even so I've been so restless with hype that I've done a heap of work in the two days I've been in this week. I'm really glad for it because otherwise this week would CRAWL along. I've also been getting up earlier all week in an attempt to tire myself out by tomorrow night so I'm not like some bloody child and actually sleep. I think the last time I was this excited for anything was MGS5 and I think I slept for like 3 hours the night before release! I know I'm going to wake up at 6am on friday and go nuts until the Gamestop down the road opens up too

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 1, 2017

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Famitsu awarded The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild the full 40 points in their review.

And the review embargo ends tomorrow.

they also gave Skyward Sword a perfect score

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lads a new zelda game out at the end of the week.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

whatis posted:

they also gave Skyward Sword a perfect score

They also gave jojos bizarre adventure all star battle a perfect score

Famitsu kinda sucks these days but I still believe in zelda

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

El Burbo posted:

They also gave jojos bizarre adventure all star battle a perfect score

Famitsu kinda sucks these days but I still believe in zelda

Austin Walker was has been practically dying on mic for a week because the NDA prevents him from fully vocalizing how much he loves Breath of the Wild, and my gaming tastes align pretty well with his. I'm not worried.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can't wait to bomb dodongos (assuming the game has any I don't actually know if there are cool and great if not I won't be disappointed because there's evidence of a pretty wide variety of enemies already)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Gamestop still hasn't charged me for my order.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Gamestop still hasn't charged me for my order.

Same. I'm pretty sure they aren't shipping until Friday though, so you will probably get charged then.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm going to go back into my sleep chamber because my Link has crippling anxiety.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm so pathetic that even though everything I wanted is already ordered and being shipped to me, I'm still probably hitting up Best Buy, 2 GameStops, and WalMart tomorrow at midnight to try to get the Special Edition Breath of the Wild. :ohdear:

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
My Amazon pre-order is still in limbo. Think I'll have better luck just walking into a store on Friday? (Wii U version)

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

FooF posted:

My Amazon pre-order is still in limbo. Think I'll have better luck just walking into a store on Friday? (Wii U version)

If Amazon doesn't somehow change mine from LImbo to Release Date Delivery I'm just gonna cancel it tomorrow evening and get it digitally to avoid having to run around on Friday looking for a copy. I was seriously a bit worried and trying to make a plan about where to go to find a copy (was thinking Target when they open since it's on the way to work) but then I remembered the eStore was a thing.

Alternatively Prime Now is getting copies according to the website, so I might try to snag one from there if the Prime 20% off new games thing works on Prime Now.

Edit: VV gently caress yeah, I've been hoping for that too.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 1, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Minor enemy spoiler

I've wanted Lynels to appear in a 3D Zelda game for some time now and boy does this game do them justice. BoTW's Lynels are basically the coolest enemies ever.

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 1, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/837016858251292673

GDC 2017 Zelda thing happening.

Live tweet only so just go to

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Augus posted:

Minors enemy spoiler

I've wanted Lynels to appear in a 3D Zelda game for some time now and boy does this game do them justice. BoTW's Lynels are basically the coolest enemies ever.

can u ride them

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

:vince:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What is it? Virtual Console? Legend of Zelda HD?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lemming posted:

can u ride them

Didn't see it in action but supposedly you can mount them and they aren't pleased when you do so

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Augus posted:

Didn't see it in action but supposedly you can mount them and they aren't pleased when you do so

he*k yes

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Holy crap if this is in fact Zelda Maker, although I really hope it's more assets than just Z1.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So far it seems like they're using the original 2D Zelda to talk about decisions for BOTW. It could just be an animation.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/_RaHaN_/status/837020201023639553

:unsmith:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If Zelda maker exists, the first thing I'm doing is getting rid of LttP Link's pink hair. :colbert:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Really curious about how exactly that tested things. Also they need to release it.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Dehry posted:

So far it seems like they're using the original 2D Zelda to talk about decisions for BOTW. It could just be an animation.

Ah. thats still neat. Honestly not even salty about that, give me that sometime in 2018 cuz 2017 is already crazy enough in terms of cool stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/letteraV/status/837020261853483010