Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sefal posted:

Goddamit. It has 7 smaller digits underneath So it's an EU/UK version. Now i'm just confused that the DLC from the Dutch store doesn't work. EU Should be EU right? Doesn't matter if its a German. French, Dutch or UK account? Going to try tonight with an UK account.

That's my understanding and i've got no problem using DLC installed from a UK account on my NZ account on games i've bought locally so I would expect DLC from the Dutch store to work on a UK game but I guess it can vary from game to game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Nobody has given alternate definitions for "Golden Age" yet, so I expect apologies and compliments regarding my e-penis yourewelcomethanks

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Age_(Civ5)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKwz-VIMQFI

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sounds like we are in fact in a golden age

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:laffo: bravo. yes but psn won't take my credit card and all the games have microtransactions so it doesn't feel like the gods are smiling on us

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

OK Horizon is growing on me after getting to Meridian/Level 14. The world lore is fascinating. Its writing isn't as good as Witcher 3 but it's trying so hard to be similar. Combat is better than Witcher but I find myself running past as much as I can still.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, just a reminder if you want Horizon: Zero Dawn for cheap that Big W's undercutting everyone and selling it for $70AU.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Anyone know why the Black Rock Shooter costume isn't in Future Tone? Some rights issue?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

With licensed stuff that's the reason almost 100% of the time

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So alternative ps4 controllers with non poo poo battery life that are still wireless and don't get disconnected due to weird Sony poo poo.

Do they exist?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
If it helps, I modded my DS4 to permanently disable the light bar, since I figured that might give it a bit more battery life, and I'm satisfied with it as it is right now.

It's very easy to do, only requires a screwdriver and a piece of paper to block the appropriate electrical contacts

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

If it helps, I modded my DS4 to permanently disable the light bar, since I figured that might give it a bit more battery life, and I'm satisfied with it as it is right now.

It's very easy to do, only requires a screwdriver and a piece of paper to block the appropriate electrical contacts

Do you have a video or something?

Oh wow, razr, that piece of poo poo peddler of fight sticks that disconnect during EVO, is selling a 169 bucks ps4 controller soon.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So alternative ps4 controllers with non poo poo battery life that are still wireless and don't get disconnected due to weird Sony poo poo.

Do they exist?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2011 + http://imgur.com/a/97f3s = double battery capacity for $12.50 + shipping/effort

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Does this work with the 2016/pro/slim version? I checked other batteries and they said not compatible

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

With licensed stuff that's the reason almost 100% of the time
Yeah, I was pretty sure that was the case. All the visual elements including the flaming blue eye are in the video itself though so heh.

edit: Someday I'll get a G rank on normal on Francisca...someday...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 1, 2017

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Does this work with the 2016/pro/slim version? I checked other batteries and they said not compatible

That I don't know. But you can use that album to disable your lightbar, at least that much is probably close enough to the new ones. Take a peek while you're at it and see how it looks compared to the album.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

I did this too by spilling beer all over it

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Obsurveyor posted:

That I don't know. But you can use that album to disable your lightbar, at least that much is probably close enough to the new ones. Take a peek while you're at it and see how it looks compared to the album.

Well, it falls flat anyhow, these packs aren't distributed in Europe and Lithium Ion packs cannot be air mailed. And I don't trust cheap knockoffs from China.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
How long are your gaming sessions? I played Yakuza for 7 hrs the other night and the controller didn't complain. Do you always do 12hr+ marathons?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah I haven't had my controller run out of juice while playing in years. It's not like it can run for like a week between charges like the PS3's but it will definitely last a whole rainy weekend day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mine runs out about once a week and I just use my vita wall charger to keep playing. The thing charges in like 20 minutes.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Mine sure as hell doesn't last 7 or 10 or twelve hours, is all. 5 is the most I get with no speaker and dim light bar

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I don't have an issue with the charge time. It lasts for about a week too for me and when it does run out of juice. I just plug it in and pick up my 2nd controller and keep on playing.
I do have an issue with the triggers on my new controller. They are way too sensitive. The controller that came with the ps4 doesn't have that issue.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
What difficulty should I play Horizon Zero Dawn on? I'm hearing it's pretty easy and that the hardest difficulty may be the preferable one.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ufarn posted:

What difficulty should I play Horizon Zero Dawn on? I'm hearing it's pretty easy and that the hardest difficulty may be the preferable one.

you can change the difficulty in game so just pick one and adjust

also re: controller life, i find that mine is usually totally fine unless i've got my headset plugged in and then it lasts like half as long

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ufarn posted:

I'm on the hardest and get one shot constantly that combined with almost no autosaves has been very annoying.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have not played anything below Very Hard, but I would not want to because I feel like I'm getting the best experience out of actually using all my traps/ammo for every situation and knowing that even the smallest robo can kill me if I'm not careful. The robots don't just become mindless bullet sponges either, they'll still go down quick even on VH if you aim for their weakspots. It's a good challenge and hasn't felt cheap.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I would try Very Hard myself but I can't loving stand one-shots. Take me down into a weird flashing death-zone or something but nothing about being killed out of nowhere with no chance og recovery is fun.

ANYWAY does the PS4 Slim have a problem with rest mode? It will suspend and restart fine with the particular game I use it on, but then the PS4 will either refuse to read discs of other games, not recognise other game discs at all, then hang forever if I try and restart the console, requiring a hard reboot. Very awkward.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

exquisite tea posted:

I have not played anything below Very Hard, but I would not want to because I feel like I'm getting the best experience out of actually using all my traps/ammo for every situation and knowing that even the smallest robo can kill me if I'm not careful. The robots don't just become mindless bullet sponges either, they'll still go down quick even on VH if you aim for their weakspots. It's a good challenge and hasn't felt cheap.

That's great news about non bullet spongie.

Whats the death penalty? On a scale from Yakuza restart the fight with more health to a DarkSouls boss runup to punish me with time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Bombadilillo posted:

Whats the death penalty? On a scale from Yakuza restart the fight with more health to a DarkSouls boss runup to punish me with time.

You respawn from your last campfire save with all your inventory restored from the moment that you saved, not when you died. There is no autosave except for quest missions so use a bonfire before attempting a difficult area.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hard seems good so far, enemies are still dangerous while leaving room to improvise if things don't go according to plan and you take an unexpected hit or two.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

exquisite tea posted:

You respawn from your last campfire save with all your inventory restored from the moment that you saved, not when you died. There is no autosave except for quest missions so use a bonfire before attempting a difficult area.

Cool, I like a manual save, but whats the distance from a bonefire to difficult thing usually? 1 minute 5-10 minutes? Sorry for the questions, I am 100% getting this game (eventually) but I never consider playing these on hard even when people recommend it, like The Last of Us is always recommended. Im very tempted here. I'm very sensitive to a time tax in games though. I got poo poo to do, and plenty of other games to get to and I will already dumb ages into this.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There's never a point of interest that's more than 1-2 minutes from a campfire on foot, and many are strategically placed just before a dangerous thing that can kill you.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Happy to have a PS4 again after not having one for a year. I do not regret buying a Pro after playing Horizon.

How soon till that boost mode patch goes live so I can dip back into Bloodboure?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there a way for you use the Remote Play on PC over LAN instead of the internet? I've got a CEH-1200? or whatever it's called version PS4 and was hoping to stream 720p to my computer. Seems it caps out at 540p? Streaming over my internet is laggy, though the connection I have is fine.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Norns posted:

Happy to have a PS4 again after not having one for a year. I do not regret buying a Pro after playing Horizon.

How soon till that boost mode patch goes live so I can dip back into Bloodboure?

Boost mode doesn't really do anything to Bloodborne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLFatxFg0nM

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Instant Grat posted:

Boost mode doesn't really do anything to Bloodborne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLFatxFg0nM

Yeah doesn't fix frame pacing but smooths out frame rates.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Framerate was never really an issue in Bloodborne though?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Instant Grat posted:

Framerate was never really an issue in Bloodborne though?

So wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I mean its not a dealbreaker but it'd be nice if it ran a bit smoother.