Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Oilers had 70 last year, and now have 76 with 18 left.
Toronto had 69 last year and have 69 this year (nice) with 21 left.
Columbus had 76 last year and have 84!!! with 21 left.

Dallas had 109 points last year, they're on 60 with 20 left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Look Around You posted:

So you think Miller gets a call about this? Bonus points for the announcers defending the hit where the principle point of contact was very clearly the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Rgdoe-JI

e: I guess you could make the argument that it's a clean hit because the principle point of contact was the shoulder and he rode up into the head, which is probably what'll be said and no discipline will follow.

Unironically, keep your head up kid.

Maybe if Burmistrov wasn't leaning to gather a suicide pass he wouldn't have ran into Miller with his face.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's pretty impressive, really.

:suicide:

E I guess the only saving grace is that they were bad enough after the break to be clearly out if it and start selling off to hopefully be able to rebuild the brutal defence.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 1, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Look Around You posted:

So you think Miller gets a call about this? Bonus points for the announcers defending the hit where the principle point of contact was very clearly the head.

e: I guess you could make the argument that it's a clean hit because the principle point of contact was the shoulder and he rode up into the head, which is probably what'll be said and no discipline will follow.

That's a straight Brian Campbell. Even the same spot of the ice.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

gently caress Steve Ott and gently caress the Habs

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Guys, guys, Jim Benning made two good trades in consecutive days. So... yeah, world might be ending. Just a heads up.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gryba's hit on eller was 2 games for literally the same play but apparently burmistrov is fine. i'd like the see the nhl acknowledge that a guy shouldn't get sent to the hospital because he didn't have his head up and give him a game suspension but i understand how the game works and i'll be happy if someone does the same to a bruin next game

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
patrick marleau is a goddamn hero

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
If you guys want to see Cam Ward look stupid, watch him try and stop Barkov on the shootout. That man is like a giant Patrick Kane.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

hifi posted:

i'll be happy if someone does the same to a bruin next game

Wow rude

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Honeybadger noooooo

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Gonna miss the honeybadger, but he's going to a good team and still in the same division.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

JoelJoel posted:

It's pretty impressive, really.

:suicide:

E I guess the only saving grace is that they were bad enough after the break to be clearly out if it and start selling off to hopefully be able to rebuild the brutal defence.

what's really impressive is somehow nobody has been fired yet.

I want to work for the Dallas Stars. Apparently there are no professional standards whatsoever and performance is optional.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

It is a hit to the head by a nobody player. 1-3 games.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

what's really impressive is somehow nobody has been fired yet.

I want to work for the Dallas Stars. Apparently there are no professional standards whatsoever and performance is optional.

Hey, maybe Nill will pull off a Duchene for parts and then he'll...

Nah, he'll just pretend nothing is wrong and everything south of the red line doesn't matter.

For serious, what's the greatest ever negative point differential over two seasons? Stars gotta have a shot. I believe.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

JoelJoel posted:

For serious, what's the greatest ever negative point differential over two seasons? Stars gotta have a shot. I believe.

leicester city

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Shots fired.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whatever happens to Miller Shane Doan is still in Arizona, so they're both punished for their part.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/836786521541869569

good

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look Around You posted:

As Nasty as the hit is (and it is pretty disgusting, though fairly "legal"), I'm pretty concerned with whatever the hell Chychrun thought he was going for there with that neck-snap headlock bullshit.
Just a series of nasty things.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm not sure that counts because I'm fairly certain that was an interventionist god granting a dying child's wish last year.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Tuukka Rask has never lost to Arizona/Phoenix in North America.

He's 8-1. The 1 was in Prague.

That's not much of an accolade tbh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How many losses do you have in Prague?

Probably not too many.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh boy it's time to dust off my Oduya puns again!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

xzzy posted:

Oh boy it's time to dust off my Oduya puns again!

How about you O-don't-ya.

News: PK Subban is being given a high civilian honor the Meritorious Service Decoration by Canada's governor general today, for his commitments to the Children's Hospital in Montreal.

:unsmith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

News: PK Subban is being given a high civilian honor the Meritorious Service Decoration by Canada's governor general today, for his commitments to the Children's Hospital in Montreal.

:unsmith:

hell yeah :toot:

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

As Nasty as the hit is (and it is pretty disgusting, though fairly "legal"), I'm pretty concerned with whatever the hell Chychrun thought he was going for there with that neck-snap headlock bullshit.

I think Chychrun immediately realized that he sent Burmi a suicide pass and felt like he needed to make up for it.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jackets and Habs play a tremendous fuckin' hockey game which ends with this:

https://twitter.com/1stOhioBattery/status/836780686325473280

...after a questionable holding penalty to Seth Jones in OT resulting in the GWG.

e- https://twitter.com/1stOhioBattery/status/836782001931825152

I can understand why Tort is mad but while that tug is fairly innocuous looking it meant the montreal player was unable to make a play for the puck that was then recovered by the CBJ player. That's basically textbook for obstruction type fouls.

Look Around You posted:

Principal point was not the shoulder of the target player. He'll see supplemental discipline. I don't think he was targeting the guy based on how he reacted, so he will get a game or two, but it seems clear to me that the impact to the head came first. Bad form to the guy who made the suicide pass to set up his team mate for a blindside hit tho.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This is also true - guys leaping in to attack players after questionable hits is almost as bad as the lovely hits in the first place, although I haven't heard of anyone being hospitalized by it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PxPOttawa/status/836969579419168769

quick dorion, get on the phone, you need a replacement bruiser D-man

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Blackhawks blue line is really, really loving old.

Maybe they'll re-sign Steve Konroyd next.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 1, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The principal point of contact in the NHL is allowed to be the head under various circumstances.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

This alone could be the Senators' best trade-deadline move.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Burrows-turris-hoffman
Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Stalberg-kelly-wingels

Burrows on the 1st line lmao

Dorion has added Pyatt, Kelly, Wingels, Burrows and Stalberg, all this season. Christ

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/836979350826323968

Dang.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Burrows-turris-hoffman
Smith-brassard-stone
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Stalberg-kelly-wingels

Burrows on the 1st line lmao

Dorion has added Pyatt, Kelly, Wingels, Burrows and Stalberg, all this season. Christ

Ottawa is ALL IN

All in for what, I'm not sure. Thanks for the prospect though

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

This sucks a lot. Heal up Jesper, I hope Kreider didn't get too knicked up.

Fortunato will be happy that this means Fast isn't stealing top 9 minutes from other players.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/PxPOttawa/status/836969579419168769

quick dorion, get on the phone, you need a replacement bruiser D-man

I hope it gets infected with the mumps

The career ending kind

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh... oh my

https://twitter.com/PxPOttawa/status/836990750030192640

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

More grinders for the grinder coach.

It's not surprising the guy who wanted us to bring in Pyatt likes guys who play exactly like Pyatt (ie fore check and can't finish).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/836992852089536513

Fire Hextall

• Locked thread