Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

YoungSexualNorton posted:

It seems like the changes to aoe should benefit slayer quite a bit. Less pressure to reach up to templar and/or witch for their clusters, because those areas were otherwise not great for a phys 2hander build to traverse.
Eh, Templar wasn't so bad, you were pathing into the Marauder area pretty hard anyway and there was a bunch of life to grab. Definitely agreed on the Witch area, though.

I really want to see the updated passive tree, because by the sound of it the vast majority of the changes were on the right side of the tree, especially the ranger area. Want to see what they did there, especially that phys-to-cold bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

Man, I really don't know what I'm gonna run at this point. I want to do the Hysteria staff build, and I'll probably do a Flame Totem or Warchief Totem build, and I definitely want to mess around with EK with the new threshold jewel, and I still need to do a Flicker Strike build with the buffed Terminus Est, and aaaaaaaaa

funman what should I start with

Follow your heart. There are so god drat many common uniques that look to be worth build around that there are enough options for even the most hipster of exiles. One thing to consider is that this might be the last league where most of the most powerful mechanics are available to be used in their current form. So take advantage of that.

I was thinking about ethereal knives too, but after comparing the raw damage of it relative to blade vortex is feels too lackluster. I do think that poison/chaos EK will be solid, and the playstyle will be improved by using the threshold jewel. I think totems would be the best way to go. Just take a shockwave totem build and transition it to ek totems. They have the same cast time, but EK has 50% more damage and a damage effectiveness of 100% instead of the 60% SWT has. It would certainly be worth trying.

I was planning on doing a fire nova mine sab as my first build, but after the patch notes I am pretty lukewarm on it. I have never played a BV build, so I think i will make a BV berserker.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

funmanguy posted:

One thing to consider is that this might be the last league where most of the most powerful mechanics are available to be used in their current form. So take advantage of that.

This is what's killing me about the league. I like cooking up my own builds, but knowing that 3.0 is waiting around the corner to shake up a bunch of mechanics makes me hesitate to put in the effort right now. It would break my heart to craft the real ultimate wizard for 2.6 and then jump over to the beta and find out that it won't work.

Anyway for the guy asking about SRS, this is a pretty in-depth guide that is mostly relevant except it was built around the 50 spirit limit instead of 20. It picks up more cast speed than you'd need currently but it's otherwise got a good breakdown. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1611973

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So I'm really torn between a Flameblast Totem build (The PizzaSticks build on the forums) or some sort of Bladeflurry CWC Bladefall build. The problem is I haven't been able to find a good guide for the second option. Can anyone help me out? I want something that will work as a league starter if possible.

I'm really kinda bad at building stuff on my own so help would be very appreciated even if its only to tell me to stick with the Pizzasticks.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

why would blade flurry also be cwc bladefall

just blade flurry it up

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

why would blade flurry also be cwc bladefall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tqke-p_kV8

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

:ok:
i don't think that's a league starter but blade flurry is lmao

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Some updated uniques that stick out to me:
Brinerot Whalers(max roll is 202 es on boots with 25% movespeed, a chunk of damage, lightning resist, and the utility of ignoring shocked ground)
Broken Faith(27% block chance, some phy damage as chaos, and potentially unholy might up all the time)
Gifts from Above(this plus inquisitor means you have 5% block, 90% increased damage, 4% life+mana+es regen per second, 25% cast and attack speed, and cannot be shocked/ignited/frozen/chilled. Thats gotta be good, right?)
Brutus' Lead Sprinkler(strength=damage. not sure if this is actually good, but it looks really cool)
Brinerot Mark(golem buff effect is great for double dipping on flame golems damage increase, also 20-25% spell damage and some energy shield makes it useful)
Immortal Flesh(I can see using this now)
Terminus Est(duh)
Marylene's Fallacy(This has to be great with flameblast totems inquisitor.)
Cherrubim's Maleficence(thats a significant amount of chaos damage)
Dream Fragments(Could see some use when coupled with Valyrium for non crit CI builds)
Hrimsorrow/Hrimburm(cold attack skills that convert 50% phy to cold might be end game viable with these)
Bated Breath(seems worth using in whispering ice double perandus signet builds)
Doedre's Scorn(Solid alternative for elemental CI builds using curses as auras)
Incandescent Heart(Someone is going to make a CI build with this and make it work)
The Covenant(a motherfucking eight link)
Auxium(duh)
Hrimnor's Resolve(this seems useable for life based fire builds)
Piscator's Vigil(This and the changes to the tree around ranger start could make pathfinder ele wander a really good build)

So much new poo poo to play with

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think Victario's Flight might be a pretty good Animate Guardian item

theshim
May 1, 2012

Hrimburn Crit Ice Crash Hegemony's Era Inquisitor :supaburn:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Probably doing something with max Block again, though previous league was Blade Flurry which is now nerfed. Maybe go back to a spell of some kind with Cybil's Paw?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Buffed ice crash ?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I'll probably go with some lame Warchief Totem Marauder / Duelist i guess. Or Pizza Sticks.

Was thinking about Burning Arrow Chieftain/Zerker but want to see if the new jewel is worth it.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
What's something good and tanky that's not totems that can clear poo poo fast?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I'm also considering Warchief Totems or Blade Vortex, but I've never done either. Does anyone have guides or character links I could copy?

Of course, I'm mostly doing those because they're cheap and powerful and I want to save money to pimp out my primary build: Sire of Shards Arctic Breath totems. I even got the magic book MTX from the races, and I'm hoping to be able to afford a six-link Sire and a Dying Sun.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Books On Tape posted:

What's something good and tanky that's not totems that can clear poo poo fast?

CI+anything fotm

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Hrimburn Ice Crash Facebreakers. 600-1000% more multiplier with legacy OPOP double dip that GGG

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
For those who will go League HC, there's at least me, a struggling single mom, going HC.
Two buddies will too and Rodent is always there thank god.

I have no idea what I will start with. I might actually rebuild Detonate Dead, but I need to figure out if it's starter-friendly.
"Luckily", I can only start on monday, so I have a few days to decide about it.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Budgie posted:

Hrimburn Ice Crash Facebreakers. 600-1000% more multiplier with legacy OPOP double dip that GGG

Where do you put your second gloves?

theshim
May 1, 2012

theshim posted:

Hrimburn Crit Ice Crash Hegemony's Era Inquisitor :supaburn:
Actually the more I think about this the more I like it. Threw together a tree for it, even: http://www.poeplanner.com/AAUAAOcVG...QxS7WGcewAAAAAA

Any thoughts? I actually haven't run a crit 2hander build in ages.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

pork never goes bad posted:

:dong:

vvvv Nah, I caught that

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
You guys are missing half of the Siosa gem vendor notes; you don't just have to complete his quest, you have to complete his quest and the quest that would normally give the gem. So you can't just get to act 3 and start buying act 4 gems, but you can get the act 4 gems once you finish the relevant act 4 quests.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Noper Q posted:

I'm also considering Warchief Totems or Blade Vortex, but I've never done either. Does anyone have guides or character links I could copy?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/theshim/characters shimPunchsticks was my Warchief dude in Breach, was really strong. Easy leveling, good uniques to tide you over for cheap, Marohi Erqi will last you for plenty of time and the Warlord prophecy makes it easy to get a 6l Coronal Maul for cheap. Smooth, powerful curve, can farm lab quickly as well. You can keep sinking huge amounts of currency into it if you want for a Disfavor and poo poo.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
What time are we expecting 2.6 to hit?

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
http://www.pathofexile.com/

countdown timer on the front page - noon pacific

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You will be playing Friday evening in Gods Own Time

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

euphronius posted:

You will be playing Friday evening in Gods Own Time

Yep ... aka "Friday after i just have arrived home from work".

Pretty considerate of GGG, i'd say.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Acht posted:

For those who will go League HC, there's at least me, a struggling single mom, going HC.
Two buddies will too and Rodent is always there thank god.

I have no idea what I will start with. I might actually rebuild Detonate Dead, but I need to figure out if it's starter-friendly.
"Luckily", I can only start on monday, so I have a few days to decide about it.

It should be very cheap to do as it doesnt use spell crit or damage, but don't level as DD its beyond awful.

I'm about 90% sure that I am going to do the Fire Burst in legacy SC. Just not feeling HC for this one, plus Ill probably spend some time in the beta once that drops.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

theshim posted:

Actually the more I think about this the more I like it. Threw together a tree for it, even: http://www.poeplanner.com/AAUAAOcVG...QxS7WGcewAAAAAA

Any thoughts? I actually haven't run a crit 2hander build in ages.

Inquisitors and burn damage really don't mix well. You have to drop enemy resists for the burn to accomplish much, but investing in two curses buys you nothing on your actual attacks because inevitable judgment ignores resists entirely whether they're negative or positive. You give up the tremendous pile of advantages that you otherwise have from not worrying about resistances.

I'd either do a similar tree as a chieftain or give up on the burn idea and just roll a straight crit ice crash templar. Hegemony's was already absurdly strong and it sounds like the 2.6 passive tree is going to buff staves more. Based on the way that tree looks I'm assuming you're playing sc, so it doesn't matter that inquisitors absolutely murder themselves on ele reflect even with 1 handers.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

pork never goes bad posted:

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Will Shavronne's Revelation in the left ring slot prevent Aegis Aurora from giving you back ES? Aegis says "replenish" while Shavronne's says you can't "recharge or regenerate."

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yes. With Shavs in the left slot the only way to get ES back would be anything that grants ES on hit/kill or Ghost Reaver/life leech. Pretty sure Aegis is a "regenerate".

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Bugsy posted:

It should be very cheap to do as it doesnt use spell crit or damage, but don't level as DD its beyond awful.

Yeah that's the thing I'm not too happy about as a starter.
Last time (Essence League), I levelled as Vortex/Ignite and transitioned fairly ok'ish to DD/Ignite.
Didn't like the experience much though.

(also, play HC Bugsy)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is blood magic poo poo now ?

Noticing a lot of Maur totem builds eschew it

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

euphronius posted:

Is blood magic poo poo now ?

Noticing a lot of Maur totem builds eschew it

Most of the time it's better to just reserve your mana with auras rather than take it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Inquisitors and burn damage really don't mix well. You have to drop enemy resists for the burn to accomplish much, but investing in two curses buys you nothing on your actual attacks because inevitable judgment ignores resists entirely whether they're negative or positive. You give up the tremendous pile of advantages that you otherwise have from not worrying about resistances.

I'd either do a similar tree as a chieftain or give up on the burn idea and just roll a straight crit ice crash templar. Hegemony's was already absurdly strong and it sounds like the 2.6 passive tree is going to buff staves more. Based on the way that tree looks I'm assuming you're playing sc, so it doesn't matter that inquisitors absolutely murder themselves on ele reflect even with 1 handers.
I don't even necessarily care about the ignites, it's more the fact that I wanted to do the full cold conversion with it. Not sure what Chieftain would do for this, unless I really wanted to focus on the ignites. I was just interested in doing full cold with the buffed ice crash. And yeah, this would be SC, and reflect is a death sentence.

e: heck, I wouldn't even need Hrimburn, I could just roll with Hrimsorrow for cheap

theshim fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 1, 2017

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Does anyone know if the unique craft from Essence of Delirium on a shield is a prefix or suffix?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

soscannonballs posted:

Does anyone know if the unique craft from Essence of Delirium on a shield is a prefix or suffix?

I'm pretty sure they are all prefixes no matter when you craft them on.

VVVVV welp, looks like im very wrong. :(

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 1, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

soscannonballs posted:

If this is accurate, suffix.

quote:

('Shield1_ModsKey', 'ManaGainedOnBlockEssence1', ['Recover 2% of your maximum Mana when you Block'], <MOD_GENERATION_TYPE.SUFFIX: 2>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

standard players btfo

due to programming limitations the new zana mods are going to be on standard as well

but they also don't have leaguestone drops like legacy league does

so that means a solid 2-3 months of no access to previous league uniques lmao

• Locked thread