Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Other things I've read are saying 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks would put him at coming back sometime round 2 ish.

I think they can beat the Rockets without him it's just basically a toss up. Hopefully he'll get back in time for that series.

Edit: Clearly I don't date. 6 weeks would put him at the start of the playoffs, not round 2.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Bashez posted:

Other things I've read are saying 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks would put him at coming back sometime round 2 ish.

I think they can beat the Rockets without him it's just basically a toss up. Hopefully he'll get back in time for that series.

This post is assuming they drop the one seed though.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tae posted:

No team won with a starter missing that much time this late.
Source?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Edit: I can't do playoff math either.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Bashez posted:

Rockets and Warriors match up in round 2 as the 1 and 3 seeds.

I was wrong about the timing, 6 weeks is right when playoffs get started.

What

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah I'm dumb.

Edit: I don't think the Warriors should have issues getting through the first round without him. Assuming it's a Jazz or Clippers match up in round two, do they even have problems there? At this stage I'm inclined to think not, neither of those teams have looked how I thought they'd look.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 1, 2017

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Bashez posted:

Yeah I'm dumb.

Edit: I don't think the Warriors should have issues getting through the first round without him. Assuming it's a Jazz or Clippers match up in round two, do they even have problems there? At this stage I'm inclined to think not, neither of those teams have looked how I thought they'd look.
The Clippers have like ten losses with Chris Paul and Blake in the lineup or something

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If Durant is out or not at 100%, then Houston's strategy of "outshoot Golden State" becomes way, way more feasible. They are going to have to play old rear end David West and Old rear end Andre Iguodala way more, which is going to limit their efficiency.

Counting on Matt Barnes to do anything other than fight someone is a fools errand, and they are going to have to play Klay out of position more, which limits how they can hide Steph of defense. It's a big deal.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Season's over. No team won with a starter missing that much time this late.

When did the Mavs lose Tough Juice in their title run?

e: January 4, 2011

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Perfect ending: GSW go up on OKC 3-1, then Durant comes back from injury, OKC wins series.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

straight up brolic posted:

He has pending litigation for choking the poo poo out of a woman in a night club

Oh my bad I thought you were referring only to the info in that post (and also completely forgot about that incident)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TBeats posted:

Perfect ending: GSW go up on OKC 3-1, then Durant comes back from injury, OKC wins series.

Yes.

Yes.

YES.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

TBeats posted:

I like it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Amare Stoudamire: not a fan of the gay.

http://deadspin.com/amare-stoudemire-gets-homophobic-when-asked-about-playi-1792850975

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

soft

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Yikes

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He also is not a big fan of fire extinguishers either

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

He's just reflecting his theological roots in the old testament.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

The Clippers have like ten losses with Chris Paul and Blake in the lineup or something

Wow, you'd expect them to win at least one.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bashez posted:

Wow, you'd expect them to win at least one.

Bashez made me... laugh?

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/terrence-ross-thank-you-goodbye-toronto-raptors-orlando-magic/

Goddamn this was a heartfelt one :(

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
So the Warriors are the bad guys now, right?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

So the Warriors are the bad guys now, right?

They were the bad guys last year too, where the gently caress have you been?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jerry Stackhouse posted:

As reality itself unravels, only one thing is certain: Zach Lowe is working with the CIA to undermine Bashar al-Assad with advanced stats.
https://66thtake.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/breaking-the-press-part-1/

Haha fantastic thank you these posts always rule

should I read Jaap van Ginneken books? That opening quote is very nice.

DeimosRising posted:

Yes. Adolph Reed and the dudes over at blackagendareport, for example, were very vocal about how Obama was a charlatan and a creep before his run 2008, but no one listened. It's pretty depressing seeing people just now realizing what a self serving traitor he's been.

I bought it completely until I watched his complicity with the Dems selling out healthcare reform (needed to be Medicare For All) :sigh: all those motivational stories about watching his Mom dying of cancer then Obama and every other fake-reformer in the D party sits back like "oh well Max Baucus is far too powerful for us to cross we'd better just implement milquetoast destined-to-fail half-measures"

RaySmuckles posted:

that's me! that's me! i'm one of those sharp goons!

me too :D

Vertical Lime posted:

how appropriate the warriors' season could be permanently damaged on 3/1

where's the nuclear explosion emoji

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is amazing. Steph Curry is shook as gently caress.

I'm the world's biggest Curry detractor, the first man to call him a one-way system player, but I think this is maybe a switch for end-of-the-quarter fouling purposes?

Paul Zuvella posted:

Bashez made me... laugh?

He's a very funny poster but expresses it almost solely through trolling and complaining about refs

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
durant out until the playoffs makes the 1 seed incredibly vulnerable especially since the warriors and the spurs have to play each other twice more this season.

now the question of course is, do the spurs want to face the clippers in the playoffs? that's a dangerous game

either way, kawhi's mvp chances are improving

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

RaySmuckles posted:

durant out until the playoffs makes the 1 seed incredibly vulnerable especially since the warriors and the spurs have to play each other twice more this season.

now the question of course is, do the spurs want to face the clippers in the playoffs? that's a dangerous game

either way, kawhi's mvp chances are improving

You want the clippers instead of Houston if you are the better team. If Houston catches fire they could theoretically beat anyone. I'm not sure I'd say that about the Clippers.

If you are a bad team you want Houston. If they go cold they could get knocked out in round 1.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

A worse Clippers team beat a better Spurs team two seasons ago. Out of all the teams in the conference I would like to play Jazz, Spurs, Warriors

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Jazz seem like one of those highly competent regular season teams that are going to get blasted out of the water in the playoffs when superstars are hitting bad shots non stop.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Matt Barnes just looks like a scumbag.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Portland will sneak into the 8 seed against the Warriors and knock them out. Houston will get revenge in round 2 for 0.9 and then win the championship.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lockback posted:

You want the clippers instead of Houston if you are the better team. If Houston catches fire they could theoretically beat anyone. I'm not sure I'd say that about the Clippers.

If you are a bad team you want Houston. If they go cold they could get knocked out in round 1.

its just that the clippers are spurs-killers.

two powerful bigs that the spurs have had trouble stopping and cp3 who always gives the spurs fits.

as a spurs fan, i'm not afraid of houston. not at all, really. but i am fearful of the clips, just because of the way they match up and the history.

well, let's fight for the 1 seed and then start panicking.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I look forward to LeBron getting revenge for 07.

gently caress Tony Parker (and Bruce Bowen)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

They were the bad guys last year too, where the gently caress have you been?

From my point of view the Cavaliers are evil.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I look forward to LeBron getting revenge for 07.

gently caress Tony Parker (and Bruce Bowen)
He did, in 2013.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

lebron has no claim to cosmic justice against the spurs.

he got bailed out by a one in a million ray allen miracle shot.

they're both going to have to play from scratch.

though, if the matchup is anything like the regular season, it'll be great!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/836990126790217729

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Matt Barnes just is a scumbag.

FTFY

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pull the trigger Bulls

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I'll admit it, averaging close to 40 a game, China or no, is kind of impressive

It'd be interesting if he actually learned anything helpful in China, but I kind of doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Who else is excited for the first ever player to receive china mvp and nba finals mvp in the same season

• Locked thread