Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

They will be replaced with mobile snipers on One Down and above.

:ohdear:

(Ah, wonderful design fanfiction.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Tempest_56 posted:

:ohdear:

(Ah, wonderful design fanfiction.)

Don't worry, it's perfectly balanced by the other wide-ranging changes we've made! You'll see! Day 3! It's everything you always wanted! Get hype! Preorder Gage Bullet Lockers! Please! I'm behind on my quota!

edit:

Hey! Hey, you, y'know, it'd be really great if you could preorder some Gage Bullet Lockers. I mean, like, maybe preorder a lot of them. It's, y'know, it'd be great to show your support for the game this way, so I won't be- I mean, you don't need to know that! Ha! haHA! Don't worry about it. Say, what if, um...*I rummage in my pockets, finding a crumpled piece of paper* What about this? *I hold it up. It appears to be a hastily drawn sketch of a gun, or maybe vehicle customization. Perhaps it's a spaceship of some sort.* uh, if I hit- I mean, if you hit the goal for GBL preorders you, I mean, we, we will unlock this! It's, it'll be great! A, a community reward! That's what we are, right? A community! It's, it's already ready to- I mean, we, uh, we have to finish it! But you'll get it! free! If- if you preorder!

Here's a progress meter!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 24, 2017

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
#HypeShip

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

FAUXTON posted:

Almost like the payday world is valhalla

Can't wait for the Mad Max crossover then.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

HebrewMagic posted:

Can't wait for the Mad Max crossover then.

Perk Deck: Warboy

Shiny And Chrome - FAKs Reduce Health to Berzerker Threshold Instead of Restoring Health
Helmet Popping
I Am Awaited - Double Swan Song Duration
Blending In
Fury Road - +10-20% movement speed when Berzerk
Walk-In Closet
Witness Me - +100% damage during Swan Song
Fast & Furious
I Live, I Die, I Live Again! - Messiah Charge Restored by FAKs or Doctor Bags

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chairface posted:

Shiny And Chrome - FAKs Reduce Health to Berzerker Threshold Instead of Restoring Health
Helmet Popping
Blending In
Walk-In Closet
Fast & Furious
Its a shame that we will never see something this cool.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Something even more powerful than Anarchist? Well we do have a year of DLC left anything is possible :v:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Discendo Vox posted:

Q: How much damage do Quiet bullets deal?
Quiet bullets are optimized for stealth gameplay, to give our stealth players more options. They can apply the Silence debuff.

Amazinging

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

watho posted:

Amazinging

I'm so glad someone caught that one. I'm putting a lot of love into these.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm so glad someone caught that one. I'm putting a lot of love into these.

It shows. :h:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

chairface posted:

Helmet Popping
Blending In
Walk-In Closet
Fast & Furious

I would genuinely dig a playable Nux
don't even give him a suit

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Day 3: LOUD and :nws:

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

I think my brain just exploded.

:burp:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
WHERE IS THE DAY 3 VOX IT'S ALREADY 6PM HERE IN EUROPE

:justpost:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kikas posted:

:mmmsmug:

Hipster Rooster
Feb 7, 2012

I only eat organic grain

I hope they nerf Quiet bullets

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I haven't played since they added crates, what skills/skilltrees are good

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Improbable Lobster posted:

everything is good except for brawler and sharpshooter, iirc

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Brawler contains Frenzy and Berserker aka the meta tree so I don't know why you'd say it's bad.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnknownMercenary posted:

Brawler contains Frenzy and Berserker aka the meta tree so I don't know why you'd say it's bad.

Im just saying that because im still salty that melee is garbage

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

I used to exclusively play Sociopath so that's pretty disheartening

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

spit on my clit posted:

It's ok though they only have like 9 months to change a few numbers I'm sure it will get done eventually.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

MASTERMIND
Medic has Doc Bags, First Aid Kits and Inspire. Goes without saying, it's good.
Controller has Jokers (which are currently very strong, at higher difficulties almost shatteringly broken) and hostage-related stuff. Also good.
Sharpshooter is focused on single-shot accurate weapons, like sniper rifles. Doesn't actually provide very much, but is workable for a gimmick build, I guess.

ENFORCER
Shotgunner is... shotguns. And shotguns are still awesome. So - good.
Armorer is where you get ICTV from, as well as stuff like Bullseye. Also good.
Whatever the ammo tree is has Ammo Bags, all the saw skills and Fully Loaded. Good.

TECHNICIAN
Engineer is turrets. Which were amazing, and are now just pretty good (except at top difficulties where they're bad again). Good-ish? Depends a little, but at least fun.
Breacher is drill skills (always useful) and trip mines. Mines are better than they used to be but still a little meh. Usable for gimmicks, worth investing in a little for drills, but not good maybe?
Oppressor is amazing if you use automatic weapons and nearly everything in it is great. Good.

GHOST
Covert Ops is all the stealth skills squished into one tree. If you're stealth - mandatory. If you're loud - don't bother.
Commando is a little weird with mobility/dodge/support skills. Must-have if you're using dodge, if not still useful for things like Shockproof, Duck And Cover and Parkour. Good.
Silent Killer is silencer skills. Adds bonuses to basically all the guns. Good.

FUGITIVE
Gunslinger is the pistols tree. (Also handy for akimbo SMGs.) Good, plus pistols are currently also very good.
Relentless is the tree for fixing problems when you die. Not great (since it gives you nothing if you're not going down), but it has Swan Song and Messiah which are great (and Nine Lives is required for One Down difficulty).
Brawler is laughably good and broken, because Frenzy is broken. Must have at top difficulties. Still useful at lower ones, and opens up several gimmick builds.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah, same!!! I loved being able to run up to a cop, blast em in the face with the raven, and then slice the cop next to him (that is now cowering in fear) to recover a great portion of health. i mean, you can still do that, but you'll have to keep smacking the cop for a while.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Kikas posted:

It's always Day 3 somewhere, man! Get Hype!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FAUXTON posted:

Almost like the payday world is valhalla

Can we just have Immortan Joe or some form of Hugh Keays-Byrne? Because if Killing Floor 2's getting a nuke level, why not us? "VLAD, YOU ANIMAL, YOU FINALLY DID IT!"

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Playing that map will grant you Robbedacop.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, you want a Hotline Miami 2 heist, then?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

So, you want a Hotline Miami 2 heist, then?

yes

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

well, you guys do remember that briefcase we've been stealing in multiple heists, right?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 27, 2017

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Sociopath can still work, although mostly for OVK. Be sure to take Bloodthirst for the sick 16x melee hit so your health regen ever procs. For Sociopath fun I recommend a KSP with body expertise aced and iron man aced. Modded correctly you get one-shot body shot kills on greens, tans take two. Grab ace bullseye since it's on a separate 2-second proc timer from the sociopath's armor regen timers and you should be able to keep your armor up as long as you are shooting back in the general direction of some cops. On close-range maps like day 2 hotline, day 2 hoxbreak, etc, you can swap the KSP for a minigun. As with most builds, the arbiter is the ideal secondary since it erases shields while being a valid counter-sniping weapon, but you could always take the shield stagger skill for your big dakka gun and then carry a secondary with some accuracy to deal with snipers instead.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
man, shotgun frenzerker with a steakout and anarchist is hella fun on mayhem and DW. I've been clearing all maps on mayhem for funsies, because they're all at 0 clears and I've already gotten my OD mask. It's fun to not take inspire and be the responsible team mate for once (which is what I usually do) and just focus on cop clicking. It's also amusing to see how bad most pubbies are at basic cop clicking on mayhem. Like, I've hosted multiple games where everyone just takes ammo - no meds, no inspire. They ragequit as soon as they go into custody usually too. I've had cleared a few maps with entirely different people than with who I started with. I don't care if I win or not, as long as I get to cop click a lot. Fortunately, I haven't had to kick many people. The pubbies may be bad, but they've been well behaved for the most part.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
RIP the chance for a Bill Paxton heister. RIP Bill Paxton.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Don't worry, it's perfectly balanced by the other wide-ranging changes we've made! You'll see! Day 3! It's everything you always wanted! Get hype! Preorder Gage Bullet Lockers! Please! I'm behind on my quota!

edit:

Hey! Hey, you, y'know, it'd be really great if you could preorder some Gage Bullet Lockers. I mean, like, maybe preorder a lot of them. It's, y'know, it'd be great to show your support for the game this way, so I won't be- I mean, you don't need to know that! Ha! haHA! Don't worry about it. Say, what if, um...*I rummage in my pockets, finding a crumpled piece of paper* What about this? *I hold it up. It appears to be a hastily drawn sketch of a gun, or maybe vehicle customization. Perhaps it's a spaceship of some sort.* uh, if I hit- I mean, if you hit the goal for GBL preorders you, I mean, we, we will unlock this! It's, it'll be great! A, a community reward! That's what we are, right? A community! It's, it's already ready to- I mean, we, uh, we have to finish it! But you'll get it! free! If- if you preorder!

Here's a progress meter!

You guys could always start selling jpegs of "soon to come" guns and mods and stuff. Works out real well in star citizen.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Did anyone follow the image link?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

grimcreaper posted:

You guys could always start selling jpegs of "soon to come" guns and mods and stuff. Works out real well in star citizen.

the difference is, in payday it actually wouldn't be a stupid buy, because you can reasonably trust overkill to make things they say they're gonna make :v:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

never expected someone'd actually mod my poor excuses of mashups in, but hey, it actually ups the crap factor of this whole travesty to me, great

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the broken image link is what really sells this

im not meaning just the fact that it's broken, copy image location and paste it into your browser