Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Doesn't work; Leon's TM is for regular swords, excalibur is a great sword. I think Enhancer is the best non-tm sword available right now (although type-0 event one may be better if it isn't character specific).

Drop excalibur for the moonblade(?) then. Or keep excalibur and drop leon's TM for another shine TM or power of creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Burned a bunch of tickets to get a Leon, got no Leon, got an Olive. Can now form the BE electric company with a 3x Lightning + Olive party (whenever I get Sparky). Easy time to level her up too with maze + dunes weekend + King Mog gigantaurs. Time to rearrange the TM squad to get her and Butz in.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Also friendly reminder for the rare mob that Steal is a friend unit materia so it shouldn't be too hard to grind out 2-3 of them for your best guys if you haven't already done so.

I think you're thinking of Pilfer. Steal is crafted.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Doesn't Pilfer do damage?

From what I'm seeing Nimbus will be like the Duplicorn, where not doing damage gets you ignored, so straight stealing seems like the safer option...

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Orlando isn't coming out for awhile, imo.
I think that Gumi knows that he was way too overpowered for the time he came out in Japan and since they don't want to nerf him, they are waiting until he is less gamebreaking. I'm betting on late March.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

hagie posted:

Doesn't Pilfer do damage?

From what I'm seeing Nimbus will be like the Duplicorn, where not doing damage gets you ignored, so straight stealing seems like the safer option...

Or better yet, steal from it and THEN kill it for double goodies!

And I'm pretty sure Pilfer doesn't do damage, but it also doesn't steal anything except gil, so no don't use that

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Peachfart posted:

I think that Gumi knows that he was way too overpowered for the time he came out in Japan and since they don't want to nerf him, they are waiting until he is less gamebreaking. I'm betting on late March.

more time to build back up that pile of tickets

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Peachfart posted:

I wonder if we're getting the Eileen banner and WoL/Garland upgrades in between this and FFT pt. 2.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Time was I couldn't get a Cecil to save my life. Now I have 5 of them. How many Excalibers do I really need, anyway?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

At most 5 but realistically 3-4.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
If Orlandu doesn't come out immediately following the Player's Choice banner, then he will probably come out around March, yea

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Steal is a recipe from a silver chest in the Westersands, go get it and make 5. It's a super easy recipe.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

If Orlandu doesn't come out immediately following the Player's Choice banner, then he will probably come out around March, yea

My dream schedule would be FF Type-0 -> Eileen <-> Player's Choice -> Orlandu. I'll be so poor.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Don't forget that the leaked video says the FF14 stuff will be coming out shortly. I'd expect FF Type 0 -> Players Choice -> Eileen <-> FF14 -> Orlandu

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Oh right, I totally forgot about the raid event. Free Y'shtola and Minfilia! Awesome.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/operation-ma-demolition/

Guide is up based on the Japanese version. We don't know if the bonus Nimbus enemy is worth trying to kill yet. You get a poo poo ton of event currency if you pull it off but it will take a huge whale team to do so unless they nerf it for global. You have three turns to kill it before it runs away and it will kill two of your party each turn if you attack it. Otherwise you are supposed to steal from it for three turns then it runs away, so get that steal materia crafted and stick it on your bonus units.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 1, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
He appears in Pro and Elt right?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Unless he has zero defense and spirit, how in the hell are you supposed to possibly kill Nimbus? 10 million HP and he runs after 3 turns, whereas the Captain in the Dreadnought had around a 10th of that and you had to bring MP recovery items to outlast him.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Captain also had super high def AND physical resist. Also I think someone said Nimbus only has 600k hp for GL

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

It is March. Did you mean May? Or March 2018?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

McSpankWich posted:

what month do you think it is right now

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Orlandu is never coming out. It's holiday units forever. The following is the future banner list:
April fools banner
Mothers day banner
Springtime banner
May day banner
Memorial day banner
Father's day banner
Independence day banner

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Independence Day Bedile and he specializes in fire (red), holy (white) and ice (blue) damage.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm holding out for the Arbor Day banner, myself.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

The Arbor Day banner is just all Exdeaths

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

What I really want out of a final fantasy game is 17 versions of rain, so I'm happy

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i misread the springtime banner as the spaghetti time banner and i am all for spaghetti time luka and meatball medius

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Don't forget Tomato Bedile.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Hamburglar Hayate is the most future proof.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

they better announce orlandu as an april fools joke

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
Dammit, my fake facebook account got suspended. I've submitted a photo ID to get it back. Any ideas how long that will take?

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Bullshit pull luck continues with a half price Olive :shepface:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

we've got enough for an olive garden

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I meant May, in reference to the prior post, you jerks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Peachfart posted:

Don't forget that the leaked video says the FF14 stuff will be coming out shortly. I'd expect FF Type 0 -> Players Choice -> Eileen <-> FF14 -> Orlandu

Orlandu would be late early/mid May at best if that happens. Tidus and Rikku in June, and Veritas/OK over the summer if not early fall.

I'm sitting on a giant pile of tickets and 25k lapis. Just let me do my ton of pulls for 0 Orlandus, Gumi. :arghfist::saddowns:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
February pull sadistics from the department of poo poo luck

Not going to put any money into this game the way things have gone for all but two banners.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I don't know if I'd classify two rainbows in 75 pulls as poo poo luck but I guess it depends on what you pulled.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I don't know if I'd classify two rainbows in 75 pulls as poo poo luck but I guess it depends on what you pulled.

Yun, not a single Ling, Mercedes rainbow followed by Mercedes gold two days afterwards. Two rainbows in 75 is quite nice but I want to play with my Lingalingaling..

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

iloverice posted:

Dammit, my fake facebook account got suspended. I've submitted a photo ID to get it back. Any ideas how long that will take?

Every time I hear a story like this I worry because I used a fake name for my facebook ID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

just make sure you don't have any friends and don't join any groups

basically don't do anything that could get you reported

• Locked thread