Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Race Realists posted:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...about/#comments

really wish you nerds would shut the gently caress up about SFV being The Worst Ever already

i also prefer you quit dickriding IV

They're both bad games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

dhamster posted:

drat.. looks like those guys are organizing to play a game they like to play.. gently caress!!

Countblanc posted:

thank you capcom for successfully making sexy blond business lady w/ glasses decidedly unsexy

tfw you need to emptyquote two things at once

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

anyone able to get any matches?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played like 4 just now trying out Kolin. none of them saved LP but who cares, that only happens in like 50% of my matches anyway

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i finally got one on my ps4

colon is fun so far

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
SF5 is so bad that it leaves people longing for the slightly less bad but still bad SF4.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
what you don't remember this

https://www.change.org/p/request-for-the-re-mastering-of-street-fighter-x-tekken-for-playstation-4-and-xbox-one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda dig her. She's the first character I could see myself actually playing if ever got into SFV for some reason

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

she seems cool. couldn't get online but i sure showed guile in story mode not to gently caress with my ugly russian face in the single and only fight they gave her.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Real hurthling! posted:

she seems cool.

HEH.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

I would play strekken 2013 over sf5 any day of the week. it has almost all the same problems but it also has a couple characters that actually feel fun and threatening and some neat mechanics that other SF games don't really have that make it unique

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok I made up 2 vids for Kolin

Basic day 1 BnB poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlP13rFoHJg

Oki options:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX42tAHvW7c

Kolin pretty fun so far.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm getting some weird hitching and slowdown that I don't remember having happen before on the Russian underground fighting arena which is just super swell on the last five stages of normal survival (haha look at me playing the worst game mode in any fighter ever).

As for Kolin, she really follows the SF5 pattern of "we gave her some neat stuff but were afraid it might be too good if we didn't make sure to neuter a bunch of things."

Things I like about Kolin:

- ... qcf+PP, qcb+MK~c.HK(1) XX qcf+MP does a little less damage and stun than ending in airthrow but it feels like it gives Kolin more time to throw an ice ball out, especially against quickrise
- qcf+PP XX dp+PP, qcb+LK~P looks funny but might not be worth two bars, also doesn't work in corner.
- s.HK into c.MP or s.MK is fantastic. s.HP into s.LK is good, too.
- The target combo into VS actually does respectable damage and stun.
- j.LK is a really good crossup.
- VS links into c.LP, although I don't know if VS is safe enough to just be throwing out as a poke a lot.
- Hat, boots, cheez wiz hair.
- Edit: V-Trigger OTGs after back throw and CC sweep if they don't quickrise.

Things I don't like about Kolin:

- V-Trigger has no followups midscreen except dash forward super. In the corner you can do qcb+LK~P or qcb+LK+MK~P. Would it really have been so bad to let her get qcb+LK+MK~P midscreen?
- Ice ball is cool but a lot of oki attempts just seem to completely lose to quickrise~jump forward. Maybe it was the slowdown/hitching thing but it even seemed like they could jump forward and through the ball even after it had formed and just started falling.
- Similarly, ending combos in ice ball seems to lose to regular wakeup, although I imagine people will come up with OS or backup plans to deal with that.
- Damage on her super is garbage, but her game and most of her damage is going to come from going for stun or punishing the opponent's attempts to avoid stun so I guess it's a wash.
- LP~MP~HP does not work from max range LP.
- b+HK just seems like it's kinda there. I really am not sure what this normal is for.
- s.HK whiffs on crouchers, which I guess isn't the worst thing in the world but it's something you have to be aware of.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Mar 1, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

- b+HK just seems like it's kinda there. I really am not sure what this normal is for.

Its her longest range normal and its plus on block, what else ya want.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

It feels so slow on startup that it kinda negates the bonus of being plus on block, at least to me. One thing I didn't consider though is using it to fish for hit into V-Trigger, which might be good.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Evil Canadian posted:

Its her longest range normal and its plus on block, what else ya want.
Except it's not? Feels about the same as her regular HK, which is around -2.

She feels like she's way too much effort for what you get, and isn't terribly fun. neat

fnox
May 19, 2013

Kolin has an America reset in one of her EX moves.

https://twitter.com/infiltration85/status/836791089365311488

Why would an EX move have pushback on hit?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

fnox posted:

:laffo:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

If you have 2 bars and V Trigger on a DP punish and are not too close but not too far away from the corner, Kolin gets to do this:

CC s.HK, walk s.HP XX qcf+PP, VT, qcb+LK+MK~P [391 damage, 751 stun]

If you're not close enough for walk s.HP, you have to do dash c.MP, s.MK which changes the numbers to 370 and 715. If you add in dp+LP+MP between the qcf+PP and the VT, you get 416 and 765 because you lose out on one juggle of the VT.

Another small comparison:

CC s.HK, dash c.MP, s.MK XX qcf+PP, qcb+MK~c.HK(1) XX qcb+LK+MK~P [377, 615]
CC s.HK, dash c.MP, s.MK XX qcf+PP, dp+LP+MP, qcb+LK~P [371, 650]
Edit: CC s.HK, dash c.MP, s.MK XX qcf+PP qcb+LK+MK~P, qcf+LP [386, 639] but getting the last hit on qcf+LP is weird.
CC s.HK, dash c.MP, s.MK~s.HP VS VT [297, 603], near corner can add dash qcb+LK+MK~P for [345, 663]
Edit: A funny one: Point blank CC s.HK, VS, c.LP XX qcf+PP, VS [258, 491] and build like 80% of one section of V Gauge.

At max s.HK range, it's possible the s.MK won't connect after dash c.MP, so you'd have to go straight into qcf+PP if you think that might happen.

Just another fun Kolin fact, at max range, CC b+HK into VT only gets two of the three ice hits, so that's pretty swell I guess.

Edit: Another one: on hit, s.HP s.LK is a nice easy link, but at least on dummy Laura CC s.HP into s.LK, the LK just plain whiffs. CC s.HP in general doesn't seem to give her anything useful.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 2, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fnox posted:

This happened to me in a match and I nearly puked

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

fnox posted:

Geeeeeeeeez.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Goodpart posted:

Except it's not? Feels about the same as her regular HK, which is around -2.

She feels like she's way too much effort for what you get, and isn't terribly fun. neat

Except it is, and it works on crouching people unlike st.hk, and its plus not minus.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Evil Canadian posted:

Except it is, and it works on crouching people unlike st.hk, and its plus not minus.

Toolassisted's Kolin data suggests it is indeed -2: http://toolassisted.github.io/SFV/KLN_000_A.html

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Goodpart posted:

Ah so she fits in with 90% of the cast. Cool.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You should've known you were wrong when you said "longest reaching" and "plus on block" in the same sentence. Their frame data is pretty similar, although hitting crouching probably makes it more useful. It's less plus on hit tho.

On another note, Alex seems to have gotten some nice stealth buffs:

https://twitter.com/eitei/status/836920063223459840

:v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alex will be bottom tier until his legs get flipped back

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/837025224981872642

lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the S1 reversion bugs are so insane to me. why is the code even still in the game for S1 stuff

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Countblanc posted:

the S1 reversion bugs are so insane to me. why is the code even still in the game for S1 stuff

I think it's supposedly so that if you watch a replay from an earlier version it doesn't just immediately break the game?

It's insane that it reverts your character if any sort of connection issue happens on loading screens though

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Countblanc posted:

For the challenges or trials or whatever the gently caress they're called.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

For the challenges or trials or whatever the gently caress they're called.

Yeah they couldnt even be bothered to redo the few broken combos for launch characters. They have a tiny crew holding the game together probably with no budget. Its all hosed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
SFV is actually very good and successful if you think of it less as a fighting game and more of a heist of Sony's exclusivity budget money with what is actually a f2p scam.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Countblanc posted:

This is the first I've heard of them, what's going on

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Brosnan posted:

They're both bad games.

This

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

This is the first I've heard of them, what's going on

So the game has all the data from prior character patches in the latest version because otherwise they would have to update their combo trials and maybe some replays would break since they just store inputs and replay the match for you to save storage space.

However this is like the 2nd or 3rd time the game is loving up and pulling the old character data in matches.

The last time i remember was like if you played against alex when he was brand new, half way through a set you character would revert to launch version. I dont recall specifics.

They have a very bad file structure that makes this easy to happen iirc too

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Last good Street Fighter game was Street Fighter 1.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm seeing Kolin's gameplay and I'unno how someone derived Rose from it ever. She seems interesting in the same way FANG is interesting - she has stuff but most of her stuff is gimmicky and her neutral seems iffy too. Looks to be a cool training mode character tho. If you read oki right her EX Parry is 240 damage, hehe.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Having been there for LTG vs Viscant pt 1 and finally getting a chance to watch the SFV rematch felt great, rip Super Arcade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
So, has enough hours passed to conclude if kolin is garbage or not?