Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Need your 9 digit friend code. Thanks for stepping up for QGJ 3D Gayworld!

General Probe fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

General Probe posted:

Need your 9 digit friend code. Thanks for stepping up for QGJ 3D Gayworld!
Oh, guess I figured that's what the player ID was for. I'm finding the number 435-784-481 in my profile, that ought to be it.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Woebin posted:

Oh, guess I figured that's what the player ID was for. I'm finding the number 435-784-481 in my profile, that ought to be it.

Sent you an ally invite

e: barreft too

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

Sent you an ally invite

e: barreft too
Thanks, I'm in!

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Herux posted:

Rocket what was your 5 man setup/mods? I am trying to prep that more or less. have g11 zader/tfp/boba/ep and g8sid/rex

After a lil googling I am going to try Zader/TFP/EP/RG/REX and see if I can pull a rocket :D.

I ran Zader, TFP, EP, Sid, Rex all gear 11; as for mods, speed secondaries out the wazoo as those first 3 are in my arena team, I think there's a single potency pair on EP and a potency pair on rex. I was managing them closely in P1, and for some of P2 until I realized that it wasn't necessary the rancor just wasn't ever going to get a turn and let fly with auto. Switching Sid for Boba might work, but that day I'd just got gear 11 on Sid so in he went, plus the extra chance of TM down from Sid being a sith. I think TFP is probably the most important part other than Zader himself as his tenacity down on basic when it landed meant the TM down from the other sith landed nearly every time.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Malgrin posted:

Also, if you're running MEmu, emulate a G S7. They may have stopped it, but for awhile you could get an additional bonus thing.

Yes, sorry, that's what I was referring to when I meant Samsung bonus shards. It was still active as of about a month ago.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cidrick posted:

Yes, sorry, that's what I was referring to when I meant Samsung bonus shards. It was still active as of about a month ago.

There are two kinds of bonus Samsung shards. One comes on any Samsung, one is available ONLY to the Galaxy S7.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

rocket_Magnet posted:

I ran Zader, TFP, EP, Sid, Rex all gear 11; as for mods, speed secondaries out the wazoo as those first 3 are in my arena team, I think there's a single potency pair on EP and a potency pair on rex. I was managing them closely in P1, and for some of P2 until I realized that it wasn't necessary the rancor just wasn't ever going to get a turn and let fly with auto. Switching Sid for Boba might work, but that day I'd just got gear 11 on Sid so in he went, plus the extra chance of TM down from Sid being a sith. I think TFP is probably the most important part other than Zader himself as his tenacity down on basic when it landed meant the TM down from the other sith landed nearly every time.

Zader TFP and EP are also in my current arena team. Sid and Rex I have around g8/9 so I think i will work them up although I need to also boost leia higher than g8 for AAT p4. Thanks for the insight!

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Malgrin posted:

There are two kinds of bonus Samsung shards. One comes on any Samsung, one is available ONLY to the Galaxy S7.

Ah. I only used the S7 device code so perhaps I got both? Or are the rewards actually different?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Patch is officially delayed until tomorrow. I'm running yesterday's GW today, but saving today's for tomorrow, in case you're wondering

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Patch is officially delayed until tomorrow. I'm running yesterday's GW today, but saving today's for tomorrow, in case you're wondering

Ooh, good idea.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Could I get an invite to QGJ as Well please?

642-765-669

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
366-828-555 if I could get an invite to QGJ too. My favorite tertiary Star Wars character who got an EU backstory is Willrow Hood

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Not obscure enough sorry.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I'm working on my droids again for HAAT after a long period of neglecting them and I have to say it feels pretty good. They went from kind of passable to wrecking face. It feels like such a relief to not be chasing the current arena meta for once.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Field Mousepad posted:

Not obscure enough sorry.

can I tell you about my favorite elevator design in the original trilogy?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

I'm working on my droids again for HAAT after a long period of neglecting them and I have to say it feels pretty good. They went from kind of passable to wrecking face. It feels like such a relief to not be chasing the current arena meta for once.

Same.

I'm still working on my Maul,though, because Zaul is the current arena meta.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

padijun posted:

366-828-555 if I could get an invite to QGJ too. My favorite tertiary Star Wars character who got an EU backstory is Willrow Hood

QGJ is full at the moment. Our idlest dude is only about 2 days too, so I think we'll be full for a bit. Check back in a week or two.

e: unless there's a pubbie we can kick that I don't know about.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

QGJ is full at the moment. Our idlest dude is only about 2 days too, so I think we'll be full for a bit. Check back in a week or two.

We've got 2 spots in IGD, anyone else want to move over to make room in QGJ?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
P4 HAAT Clones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN7tMcdIkK8

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

I am so happy I've been farming clones for a while. I'm working on their 7* now

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Makes me feel good that I have pushed clone so hard. Now I just need to get on the ball with cody shards.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

fishtobaskets posted:

That's probably me, I'm moving so I'll be busy for a few days. Please don't kick me! I'm abide.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't think we'd consider kicking someone till a few weeks idle, specifically because of things like vacation and moving and stuff.

I pitched the idea of sending more folks to IGD and the response was lukewarm. T6 tank is dragging real bad right now and I think the rank-and-file are a little wary about diluting our 85s any further.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 2, 2017

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
I have a 5* Jawa engineer almost g8 and the following 7*:

IG86 g11
Ig88 g9 or g10
K2so g7
Nebit g8
Poggle g7 or g8

Will I ever help haat P2? What non-droid and non-jawa could complete the team?

I also have decent Jedi, good zader team all g11 and rebels all g10-11

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

trapt posted:

I have a 5* Jawa engineer almost g8 and the following 7*:

IG86 g11
Ig88 g9 or g10
K2so g7
Nebit g8
Poggle g7 or g8

Will I ever help haat P2? What non-droid and non-jawa could complete the team?

I also have decent Jedi, good zader team all g11 and rebels all g10-11

If you're going droids, you need HK. There's just no other way around it -- the +50% TM is essential for 88 and 86 to be useful.

Zader is probably your best option for P2 right now. A pretty solid team looks like Zader, Boba, Sid, Phasma, EE. The last two you can move around, but guaranteed crits for Zader's saber + Boba's execute are pretty great.

e: And Maul can do alright in there -- probably won't die until enrage thanks to life gain.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 2, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I'm still working on my Maul,though, because Zaul is the current arena meta.

Yeah, I got Maul to g11 right before the event so all I have left is waiting for those zetas to finish up.

Also credit heist is active, so make sure to log on everyone.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010

Malgrin posted:

If you're going droids, you need HK. There's just no other way around it -- the +50% TM is essential for 88 and 86 to be useful.

Zader is probably your best option for P2 right now. A pretty solid team looks like Zader, Boba, Sid, Phasma, EE. The last two you can move around, but guaranteed crits for Zader's saber + Boba's execute are pretty great.

e: And Maul can do alright in there -- probably won't die until enrage thanks to life gain.

Oh yeah, forgot HK 7* g8 or so. HK (L), 86, 88, nebit and k2so?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

trapt posted:

Oh yeah, forgot HK 7* g8 or so. HK (L), 86, 88, nebit and k2so?

If you're going to run K2, he's a Nebit replacement. I think Nebit is overall better, but K2 can get a ton of hits in with HK L (counterattack + crit = 50% TM), and he does Offense down, which is nice. Nebit calls a huge assist though, and calls an assist every time he attacks, which is probably better. JE is really important because he's fast (I run him at about 250), gives everyone TM, and every time he attacks, he calls an assist, which is 3/4 droids, who then get +50% TM. I think mine's only G9, and does well enough (everyone else is G10). HAAT really needs G10 dudes for the most part...but you might be able to hit 2% with G9 dudes.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I noticed a bunch of new people in the thread asking to join a guild recently; The Rocinante is going to have a spot open due to me removing one of our member's alt accounts that they barely log in with. If anyone still hasn't found a guild and wants a home quote this post with your ally code for an invite.

We're still a levelling guild but most are now in the mid-higher brackets and we do Tier 5 Rancor raids that take about 8 hours with the occasional tier 6 thrown in. If you want efficient progression and sick loot one of the other goon guilds like QGJ or the other one is probably more what you're after, but if you want a casual hangout while you level up and learn the game - even if you plan to move on once you've reached higher levels - this is by all accounts a decent guild for that.

Plus an added bonus is you get to read my retarded drunken ramblings late at night on occasion too :)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Plus an added bonus is you get to read my retarded drunken ramblings late at night on occasion too :)

If you want to recruit more people, you should start with this.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly low level players may be better off in a guild that's blasting through non-heroic rancor. I've noticed since I joined QGJ as a lowbie that I have tons of high lvl raid gear but I have to grind stuff that drops from lower lvl Rancor raids and it's a huge pain because of uniformly lovely drop rates from nodes.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Yeah even the highest level players we have are benefiting from the loot from the t4-6 rancor because everyone either has dozens of characters sitting at level 60 Gear6 or so, or are levelling their jawas or resistance or droids or ship pilots, and we get resurgences of nothing but laptops appearing in the request screen all over again. Which is pretty funny when it coincides with Sid's update patch cos I just think of that picture in the OP.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Honestly low level players may be better off in a guild that's blasting through non-heroic rancor. I've noticed since I joined QGJ as a lowbie that I have tons of high lvl raid gear but I have to grind stuff that drops from lower lvl Rancor raids and it's a huge pain because of uniformly lovely drop rates from nodes.

Long term it'll be incredibly worth it. The G8 -> 10 gear grind is the biggest bottleneck in this game.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

If you want to recruit more people, you should start with this.

Ha trust me the random drunken ramblings of anonymous internet people are not as much of a selling point as C-Spam would have you believe... one night I spent a solid hour prattling on about how ridiculously awesome teenwolf was.

Didn't even remember watching it the next day.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Yeah even the highest level players we have are benefiting from the loot from the t4-6 rancor because everyone either has dozens of characters sitting at level 60 Gear6 or so, or are levelling their jawas or resistance or droids or ship pilots, and we get resurgences of nothing but laptops appearing in the request screen all over again. Which is pretty funny when it coincides with Sid's update patch cos I just think of that picture in the OP.

I would shoot a baby giraffe if all I needed were fuckin' laptops.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I would shoot a baby giraffe if all I needed were fuckin' laptops.

This isn't WoW.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
No patch until tomorrow.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Getting 0 zetas from the challenge is the worst loving thing in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh NOW people are inviting guys to the guild? lol

398-765-559 is still my code. You guys know better than me so if it's best to stick in a low level faction for the time okay, I could still use your maxed out guys to help me beat a level fast though until I'm ready to join, whenever that is, so please add me as an ally.