Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Dave posted:

Really curious about how exactly that tested things. Also they need to release it.

I think it tested the feel of the game they wanted to go for more than physics or anything along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That is so cool.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/837023399050301441

New speedrun category: Rock-run

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't get why they would put so much effort into making the art in the 2D thing look nice if they were never going to use it for anything besides prototyping.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

I don't get why they would put so much effort into making the art in the 2D thing look nice if they were never going to use it for anything besides prototyping.

Nintendo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/837027763068424196

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Augus posted:

That is so cool.
Please please please let it be DLC.

PLEEEEEEASE.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Nintendo is a witch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Nintendo Switch ladies and gentlemen.

e; Kotaku review summary leaked. Pros: Succeeds at everything. Cons: Frame rate drops, can't remap buttons.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 1, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Uhhh, yeah, release this god drat it Nintendo.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kashuno posted:

Nintendo

Some of those test maps they made for Wind Waker were pretty drat detailed for things the player was never meant to see.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/837029906781360128

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/837031975839936512

Dear god

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
if we get a zelda maker i hope that means we get a metroid maker too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hahah those pre-breath of the wild concept ideas can't be loving real. can they? what in the hell.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why didn't we get biker musician Link? BotW sucks now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

if we get a zelda maker i hope that means we get a metroid maker too.

You'd need metroid games for a metroid maker

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahah those pre-breath of the wild concept ideas can't be loving real. can they? what in the hell.

i mean they're just concept sketches from the part of development where people throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. it's pretty common for those to be really out there.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I want to hit Bokoblins with my traveling guitar.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kashuno posted:

You'd need metroid games for a metroid maker

switch is gonna get metroid 5. i believe.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Here's my wall-throwing idea:

Girl Link :prepop:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eopia posted:

I'm gonna stock up on weapons and arrows and such and then make a run for Hyrule Castle where I will likely die horribly after getting off the plateau.

Simply Awesome

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cojawfee posted:

You gotta be able to do sick-rear end demos for internal meetings and stuff, basically. Plus, you never know what's gonna get mined for promotional material.

They could have easily done like a "Zelda through the ages" type of trailer and incorporated that, for example.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"What did you learn at GDC?"

"That white male cis abled characters don't have to be the default choice for main characters. What did you learn?"

"Ganondorf was gonna be a burnt out old dude wearing a metallica t-shirt in one concept of BOTW."

Edit: A snap of the slide for reference:

https://twitter.com/juanjimver/status/837036378802241536

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 1, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"That white male cis abled characters don't have to be the default choice for main characters. What did you learn?"

"Ganondorf was gonna be a burnt out old dude wearing a metallica t-shirt in one concept of BOTW."

Holy poo poo hell yes

the young must kill the olds at Nintendo and seize power. This is sick lmao

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'd laugh if that 2D prototype was in anyway connected to the "additional map feature" of the first half of the season pass.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
After taking fan responses into consideration concerning the season pass incentives, we will henceforth be removing the Switch t-shirt from the package and replacing it with Ganondorf's bootleg Metallica t-shirt instead.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kashuno posted:

e; Kotaku review summary leaked. Pros: Succeeds at everything. Cons: Frame rate drops, can't remap buttons.

It's not a full remap but you can switch the jump and run buttons around, at least you can for the Wii U version. It actually has a surprising amount of options including a pro hud. Amiibo also have to be enabled in options before you can use them.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The wind water remake is really good. Shame every bottle is "tingle is a human being".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Holy gently caress :shittypop:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's not a full remap but you can switch the jump and run buttons around, at least you can for the Wii U version. It actually has a surprising amount of options including a pro hud. Amiibo also have to be enabled in options before you can use them.

j-jump button???

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

God bless the brave soul that suggested the new Zelda should be about a dweeb-rear end Link trying to become lead guitarist in some band.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

the new Zelda should be about a dweeb-rear end Link trying to become lead guitarist in some band.

It was pretty lame the last time around.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

a cartoon duck posted:

God bless the brave soul that suggested the new Zelda should be about a dweeb-rear end Link trying to become lead guitarist in some band.

It will turn out that one of the younger developers who owned a PS3 back in the day and liked heavy metal music was super upset that Brutal Legend turned into a third-person RTS game after the first hour and a half or so.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It will turn out that one of the younger developers who owned a PS3 back in the day and liked heavy metal music was super upset that Brutal Legend turned into a third-person RTS game after the first hour and a half or so.

i'm still pretty upset about this tbh

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hell,

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Just got a haircut, been to the gym 3 times this week, taking off work early on Thursday so I can clean my house and do all my laundry, have all of my assignments for the last semester of my Master's up to date, just got a full tank of gas, have Friday off work, gonna pick up any groceries we need at the Publix next door to the Game Stop, buy my wife some flowers on the way to Game Stop...

But once that game and system are in my hands, I will be dead to the world for the foreseeable future. Friday can't get here fast enough.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 1, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please ship my Nintendo Switch and Zelda game Amazon. I'm tired of F5ing...

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

my sadness returned. that game really was unique and super fun, for like two hours

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
My Amazon order for Wii U finally updated from 'possibly never' to 'Expected to Ship March 3rd, Arriving Tuesday'. I guess it's better than nothing, but what the gently caress Amazon. That's not release date delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At this point I'm certain Amazon and the Nintendo store are shipping all their Switches tomorrow for next-day delivery. Haven't found anyone who ordered from either who's had theirs shipped, but Nintendo told me it's still set for Friday.