Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
What are your favorite foreign films? I give equal weight to Nuovo Cinema Paradiso and The Raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
kill the rich

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Eli Wiggum posted:

kill the rich

Also all white people

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

swickles posted:

Why don't you guys just get a job that pays 350k+ plus bonuses? You all seem as lazy AF.

hey doctor man why is one of my ears plugged up it feels like water but no water plz help k thx

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JPrime posted:

hey doctor man why is one of my ears plugged up it feels like water but no water plz help k thx

You've got wet brain, just do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO3ESAvKcT4

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also all white people

Please not Ryan Gosling.

Edit
Gotta love the Oscars. Spend three hours railing against a sexual predator, white male who uses his authority to victimize women, then gives Casey Affleck the Best Actor award for playing Stock Broke White Man #50,000. Bitch, Ben and Matt Damon both did it better.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

white people are great

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also all white people

No don't.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Sour Diesel posted:

white people are great

:whitewater:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Listen buddy I'm white as hell, I'll bite the bullet if it's to serve mankind

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

With that said, I'll disagree a bit and argue that detached Single Family homes in good cities are phenomenal long-term investments. The crash around 2007 actually shows this, places like SF/Sea bounced back way faster than other cities.

They certainly have been, particularly during the period 1950 to today, but that's not a guarantee that they will remain so; just ask Japan.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

What are your favorite foreign films? I give equal weight to Nuovo Cinema Paradiso and The Raid.

I can't think of one I've watched multiple times (excluding British cinema which most Americans don't consider "foreign film"), but I really liked Let the Right One In, the original Girl with a Dragon Tattoo films, and Cairo, Nest of Spies.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I really liked the Vengeance Trilogy.

Everyone loves Oldboy, but Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is hilarious if you enjoy extremely black comedy, and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is one of my favorite movies.

I saw Amelie on a date and that was pretty solid as well.

The Russian Stalingrad that came out a few years back is so melodramatic that it kind of works as camp if you like, say, the Mel Gibson style of historical fiction.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Listen buddy I'm white as hell, I'll bite the bullet if it's to serve mankind

Did someone say Race War?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Kalli posted:

Everyone loves Oldboy, but Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is hilarious if you enjoy extremely black comedy, and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is one of my favorite movies.
Oldboy has a little bit of that "too popular" backlash in public opinion but it is just as good as the other two. Amazing films. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance has the best revenge plot for sure.

Sour Diesel posted:

white people are great
At?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Leperflesh posted:

They certainly have been, particularly during the period 1950 to today, but that's not a guarantee that they will remain so; just ask Japan.

The differences between the housing markets in the USA and Japan are so enormous it makes comparison difficult. I guess I should have clarified I was talking about the USA.

Recently, for the first time in human history, more people lived in cities than not. At the same time, many cities are shrinking. This means that if you live in one of the cities that is experiencing significant growth, housing is extremely valuable.

Even little poo poo stain tear downs experience high value growth just for the lot alone. And you don't need to sell to individuals. Capital loves to buy huge swathes of real estate as long term investments.

My only question is: do you want to get rich like Dr. Quarters???

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

being shiny?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

JPrime posted:

being shiny?
White people don't even know what lotion is bruh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
White People are really good at taking over this dumb planet and loving poo poo up everywhere

Exhibit A:

This dumb planet with all the white people loving poo poo up everywhere

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

White People are really good at taking over this dumb planet and loving poo poo up everywhere

Exhibit A:

As a man of Asian ancestry to be fair we'd have hosed up just as bad

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

White people smell funny.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Oldboy has a little bit of that "too popular" backlash in public opinion but it is just as good as the other two. Amazing films. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance has the best revenge plot for sure.
At?

pwning u

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Shangri-Law School posted:

White people smell funny.

well i guess between that and my posting, batting .500 isn't bad

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Black people drive like this

White people drive like this

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm white

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The only race that matters is forumla one.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

BlindSite posted:

Nah, its this one:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

You sure, brah?

Sour Diesel posted:

white people are great

White people grate

Oldboy is one of the best movies of the 21st century.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kalli posted:

I saw Amelie on a date and that was pretty solid as well.

The Russian Stalingrad that came out a few years back is so melodramatic that it kind of works as camp if you like, say, the Mel Gibson style of historical fiction.

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is definitely my fave out of that (though I've never seen Sympathy for Mister Vengeance). As good as Oldboy is, there's something about little scenes throughout like the snowy ending and kinda how disturbing the final retribution is in a satirical way that really puts it over the top for me.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

As a man of Asian ancestry to be fair we'd have hosed up just as bad
Go on...

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Japan

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Making money

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Not without minorities doing the work for them.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
If you think about it, when you consider the entire universe we as human beings are actually a minority.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Exhibit A:

The Rape of Nanking: Maybe a European False Flag?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

i hope ricciardo wins more races this year

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

The Rape of Nanking: Maybe a European False Flag?

Japan was like "gently caress this city in particular" and white people are like "hey check out all these loving continents. These are ours now."

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Not without minorities doing the work for them.

My broker is white as hell, dude

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Japan was like "gently caress this city in particular" and white people are like "hey check out all these loving continents. These are ours now."

First off, the Spanish and Portuguese aren't even white. When the Moors own your rear end for centuries you clearly fail the one-drop rule*.

Numero dos, Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great conquered continents before whitey even figured out that showering regularly kept you alive.

*all race is a lie propagated by the ultra-rich to divide the lower classes. White people were never the problem, rich people are. White people don't even exist. Join multi-colored hands and murder the 1%.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you had Moorish ancestry you were barred from leading expeditions to the New World thanks to the Reconquista just ending

Thx Medieval Spain class

Also Macedonia noted non-European country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

But Chiche is right in that loving up the world is relative to your point in history.

Except for when China went isolationist right before they could have hosed everything all up

• Locked thread